Author Topic: Tasofro's New Doujin Game: th 12.3  (Read 194923 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Tasofro's New Doujin Game: th 12.3
« Reply #30 on: July 23, 2009, 07:40:00 PM »
Not the one I'd hoped for.
Wriggle, Wriggle and Wriggle.

« Reply #31 on: July 23, 2009, 07:40:40 PM »
The mysterious weather problem is fog in the summer-time.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #32 on: July 23, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
Oh yeah, I forgot.

Why isn't Yuka one of those 3 Tasafro? Why? No offense to China, I know she is obligitory since her appearance in IaMP and I do like her a lot, but I want Yuka. D: I don't even LIKE the fighting games and I want Yuka to be in it. D:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #33 on: July 23, 2009, 08:02:46 PM »
Why isn't Yuka one of those 3 Tasafro?
TOO MUCH HIGH POWER MAN

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2009, 08:56:16 PM »
Wheeee~

I wonder if there'll be a 12.6 / 12.7 later [as I'm thinking "twelve and a third" by the number].

Anyway, looks like we'll see the whole in just a couple weeks.

Translations for Story, Sanae, Cirno, and Meiling.  Courtesy of /jp/

That morning was a little dark, as if something was blocking the rays of the sun. Could it be because of the morning mist that had unexpectedly appeared in the middle of summer?

Having leapt out of your home into the mist you were expecting to let you forget about the heat, it is no wonder you would be startled to have that swaying "thing" appear before your eyes.

This man-shaped "thing", venting disgusting tepid steam, staggered forward as if gazing up at the mountain.

--From up on the summery mountain, as hot and busy as it always was, she gazed down upon the man-shaped "thing".

Two short years had passed since she first came to Gensokyo. At first, she was in such awe of its bizarre inhabitants that she couldn't even perform her rituals properly, but now she was on friendly terms with them, and could perform her usual work just fine.

She thought she would not be surprised by anything any more. But of course, Gensokyo is the kind of place that will manage to startle anyone who believes so. That is one of Gensokyo's strong points in comparison to the outside world.

From the Moriya Shrine, she had seen the shape of a giant man. It was taller by far than the shrine itself - in her own old-fashioned terms, it was on the scale of a ten-story highrise.

To her, it looked like a giant robot from the anime she used to watch long ago.

But for a robot, it moved too smoothly. It moved as if alive, sometimes looking longingly at the mountains, sometimes glaring down at the villages. And suddenly, it was wrapped in fog, disappearing in eery silence.

When she informed Kanako of what she had seen, Kanako told her about the Spectre of the Brocken. The Spectre of the Brocken is a weather phenomenon where your own shadow is reflected in the mist as a seemingly giant figure.

But no matter whether it actually was just a weather phenomenon, believing it was so would take all the fun out of your possible trains of thought. So she decided to believe it was a giant robot attacking the villages below. That way, it would be fun to investigate.

Yes, this was definitely no shadow reflected in the mist. The mist had appeared after the man-shape, but most importantly, this was Gensokyo, a place where nothing, no matter how strange, is ever unexpected.

The little fairy was excited as ever. Today it was because she had seen that thing that was taller than a mountain.

Of course, it was it was also further away than the mountains, so it wasn't very big, but from looking at it, she felt there wasn't much of a difference between them. It had quickly been enveloped in mist and she lost sight of it, but she was sure of what she'd seen. That was the great youkai Daidarabocchi, no doubt about it.

With no idea where should stay, but filled with excitement at seeing such a rare youkai, the miko had left the youkai mountain.

"Have you seen a giant ro... a large moving thing around here?" asked the miko, starting her search through the mist.

The little fairy for some reason started feeling annoyed at this, and felt that since she had seen it first, it should belong to her.

"Nope, haven't seen Daidarabocchi at all!" she answered, to fool the miko.

She had set out to search for the great youkai on her own, out of pure curiosity.

The Scarlet Devil Mansion was as busy that day as it always was. The gate keeper was giving a report to the mistress of the house, Remilia Scarlet, who was cheerfully paying it no attention.

The gate keeper was feeling a vague sense of unease. During the morning, she had seen the shape of a giant man at the foot of the mountain. It had then vented tepid steam around it, and disappeared.

What could it have been? It was as big as the giant bird Peng, and spewed ominous smoke. She was sure of it - it was the shape of Taisuei-shengjun, the Embodiment of Misfortune.

Now all the youkai of Gensokyo must stand together and fight this evil god that has appeared in their midst, she reported to the mistress of the Scarlet Devil Mansion.

Needless to say, her recommendation was not heeded.

As she reflected later, she perhaps exaggerated a bit, in order to brighten up her dull everyday life a little.

(Also... ... Apparently Mystic Chain full ver. is supposed to come out too at Comiket.
This Comiket will be AWESOME)
(Also Also, so's Touhouvania!)
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:20:51 PM by Garlyle »

« Reply #35 on: July 23, 2009, 09:26:18 PM »
Huge mech lolis confirmed.

Also are Sanae, Cirno, and Meiling going to be the only characters? It seems the SDM doesn't really care about this incident...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:30:01 PM by Suikama »

Kerigis

• *Gnaws Donut*
  • Bow down before the true administrator!
« Reply #36 on: July 23, 2009, 09:31:16 PM »
Whoa, looking at the story... Steampunk in Touhou.
Sakura Taisen, anyone? :D

So... giant robot...
If it's just there, it makes me think two things:
1. Who the hell is controlling it?
2. Do I have to fight it a la Apocalypse?

Powerup punchin'!

Drake

« Reply #37 on: July 23, 2009, 09:33:27 PM »
The kanji used indicates "human-shaped". Man-shaped just makes more literal sense. Don't get so OH MY GOD IT'S A MALE IN GENSOKYO ROFL.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #38 on: July 23, 2009, 09:36:14 PM »
The kanji used indicates "human-shaped". Man-shaped just makes more literal sense. Don't get so OH MY GOD IT'S A MALE IN GENSOKYO ROFL.
:V

nintendonut888

« Reply #39 on: July 23, 2009, 09:38:51 PM »
Now this has my attention. This sounds like a bit more than a simple character add-on at least.

Also, Sanae watched mecha anime. This makes her somehow more awesome than ever before.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

shinyjam

• Permabanned by TheStupidOne
  • I am a complete asshat!
« Reply #40 on: July 23, 2009, 09:40:11 PM »
Base on the accounts, pretty much confirm it as a robot...I bet another female loli driving it...great, now Gensokyo will have a cute scientist.

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 09:40:55 PM »
Base on the accounts, pretty much confirm it as a robot...I bet another female loli driving it...great, now Gensokyo will have a cute scientist.
The return of Rikako/Rika?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #42 on: July 23, 2009, 09:41:28 PM »
So, there's a mecha in this...

Now Wriggle definitely needs to be in this game.  I mean, come on, WRIGGLE KIIIIIICK!, man!

...Or at the very least one of the PC-98 science-y characters...

Ahem... Rika, Rikako, Chiyuri, Yumemi, possibly Ruukoto...
« Last Edit: July 23, 2009, 09:57:31 PM by Michael Theoroa Valdamjong »
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #43 on: July 23, 2009, 10:07:34 PM »
I endorse the reintroduction of any and all of the PC-98 SCIENCE! cast.

Also, calling Nitori as a possible player character.

I'm looking forward to seeing what Cirno and Sanae will be like.  What playstyle niches weren't filled in IaMP?

----

12.3?  Sounds like there will be another StB or PoFV coming.  I would fully endorse either as long as Suwako and Yugi get danmaku that's less retarded.  (Orin and the entire UFO cast might actually be fun to play against!  Utsuho may be even more fun to play against!)

nintendonut888

« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2009, 10:25:24 PM »
I know it's foolishness, but if Sanae, Cirno, and Meiling aren't the only three added to the game, I'd be totally happy with them introducing a PC-98 character; any character really. A fighting game expansion or a new phantasmagoria game (which I does not want) would be their best bet. And if it's a giant mecha, who knows? It could be Rika or Yumemi~

Zengar Zombolt

• Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #45 on: July 23, 2009, 10:28:34 PM »
There are mechs.
MECHS IN GENSOKYO
FUCK YEAH I LOVE YOU TASOFRO
I have waited for this EVER SINCE I SAW TOUHOU FOR THE FIRST TIME
FUUUUCK YEAAAAAAH
Also, Sanae watched mecha anime.
Sanae is the new Noriko.

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 10:32:49 PM »

Also, Rin Satsuki for final boss.  Because she needs to actually be put into a game at some point.

She doesn't exist. Just accept it u.u
rofl bye

« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 10:41:20 PM »
12.3 is probably because ZUN has planned to release a 12.5! And it will be another Phantasmagoria/StB!
Also, obligatory drills mention goes here

shinyjam

« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 10:51:25 PM »
Cirno song lyric ;D
...1...2....9!

« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 11:15:15 PM »
I hate to be the voice of reason here, but the return of a PC-98 character is ridiculously unlikely so I won't.

Kuma

• Charismatic grizzly bear
  • 熊 熊 熊
« Reply #50 on: July 23, 2009, 11:42:36 PM »
The giant seems to connected to the mountains somehow.
perhaps it's one of the 4 Oni Devas?
If Meiling is right, then Hina is probably involved somehow.
Wotters gonna' wot

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #51 on: July 23, 2009, 11:55:22 PM »
Hina as a replacement for Yukari would be cool.  No more Onis though please.

12.3 is probably because ZUN has planned to release a 12.7! And it will be another Phantasmagoria/StB!
Fixed for the greater mathematics.

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 12:21:14 AM »
Okay, so i woke up to good news.

I CAN FINALLY BEAT SANAE FAIR AND SQUARE IN A GRUDGE MATCH

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 12:38:38 AM »
since I like Miyamoto (a dragon samurai from the Mahou Daisakusen series) as a character, and Sanae uses shots similar to his, I'll accept your challenge :D

Don't question his awesomeness. http://www.vgmuseum.com/end/arcade/d/apb1miy.htm
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

« Reply #54 on: July 24, 2009, 12:41:22 AM »
Mecha's in Touhou?

every new Touhou game never ceases to surprise me

WRATHIE_Beatrice

• soujiko x yousuke is my otp
  • I will repeat it, in RED
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2009, 12:44:04 AM »
Alright shadowbringer... it's a grudge match!!

In anycase, i wan all the Char potraits to be updated please?
Sanae has the best so far, Meiling's not far behind... Reimu is my third fave so far...

Defiant of Shrine Maiden Ver. 2

LiteYear

• Touhou Fangame Enthusiast
« Reply #56 on: July 24, 2009, 12:57:14 AM »
Definitely sounds good, although I'm still curious about the 12.3 (unless ZUN has been planning another side game after releasing 12)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #57 on: July 24, 2009, 01:04:03 AM »
I think they might be announcing more characters has the release date approaches. Really awesome to see Cirno in there, but I think adding Mokou or Kanako would be cool too.

Seeing as how they don't mention anything about the weather in the story, maybe they'll have an option to turn it off?

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #58 on: July 24, 2009, 01:21:37 AM »
Whoa, looking at the story... Steampunk in Touhou.
Sakura Taisen, anyone? :D

You bastard. Don't get my hopes up just so Tasofro can crush them later. :(

shinyjam

« Reply #59 on: July 24, 2009, 01:36:19 AM »
Saw the giant shadow thing in the website...I expected it to be more square shaped.....but it does look like a evil god/youkai with that creepy red eyes.  :V