Author Topic: Anime North 2010 - Touhou Panel!  (Read 56039 times)

NEET

• YUKUURISHATENEH
  • mokotanmokotanmokotan
    • Flowering Moon
Re: Anime North 2010 - Touhou Panel!
« Reply #120 on: May 31, 2010, 04:17:17 AM »
Wriggle here. Almost missed the Touhou panel back on Friday, It's awesome to finally see everyone in real life.
Fuck year for Sunday discounts and free Dr.Pepper.

OMG WRIGGLE YOU ARE WIN. FRIENDS NAO.  :V I was that litto girl with the weird dress and black/brown hair talking to Ran and Iku while we were playing Touhou on Saturday~ and I said I loved your costume WHICH I DO XD

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #121 on: May 31, 2010, 07:02:29 AM »

No such thing as too much dioxin.

All cosplay pictures I've taken are here @ http://www.dwrkoa.net/AN2010/ . Thx to those that wanted to hold on to my Cirno doll for the pictures!
Sorry for some of the blurry pictures. Cell phone cameras certainly are the devil.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:18:59 AM by SFKhoa改 »

YouTube - Website - Blog - Ask me anything
You can do anything you set your mind to, but only if there's slowdown.

Gpop

« Reply #122 on: May 31, 2010, 01:39:39 PM »
OMG WRIGGLE YOU ARE WIN. FRIENDS NAO.  :V I was that litto girl with the weird dress and black/brown hair talking to Ran and Iku while we were playing Touhou on Saturday~ and I said I loved your costume WHICH I DO XD

Oh right you were the girl I played UNL and took it easy a bit on (damn gamepad controls I'm not used to as I'm a Keyboard player >.<)

Heh awesome that you decided to talk more here :3

NEET

• YUKUURISHATENEH
  • mokotanmokotanmokotan
    • Flowering Moon
« Reply #123 on: May 31, 2010, 04:38:52 PM »
Oh right you were the girl I played UNL and took it easy a bit on (damn gamepad controls I'm not used to as I'm a Keyboard player >.<)

Heh awesome that you decided to talk more here :3

Take it easy!  :yukkuri:

And what I was struggling ;_;  fail at the fighting games v__v 
and yeah =w=; Up until now I just lurked XD

« Reply #124 on: May 31, 2010, 04:46:33 PM »
All cosplay pictures I've taken are here @ http://www.dwrkoa.net/AN2010/ . Thx to those that wanted to hold on to my Cirno doll for the pictures!
Sorry for some of the blurry pictures. Cell phone cameras certainly are the devil.
TauHau :V

Ahahaha "cool driver" and "cool passenger"

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #125 on: May 31, 2010, 05:05:53 PM »
TauHau :V

Aaahahaha, I totally forgot about that. Time to change dat folder name.

Ahahaha "cool driver" and "cool passenger"

BV
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 05:08:01 PM by SFKhoa改 »

« Reply #126 on: May 31, 2010, 07:00:04 PM »
I just realized we didn't get to play any of my scripts

Oh well :derp:

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #127 on: May 31, 2010, 07:23:16 PM »
Hopefully next time. TBH, the whole booth wasn't exactly what I hoped it would be simply because I got screwed over in terms of being provided with proper audio/video equipment. ;<

Navox

• whoa
« Reply #128 on: May 31, 2010, 07:25:15 PM »

Wow, I look so bad in that photo.

Thanks! I didn't think my costume was that good. I Sent you an e-mail so you can get me on Youtube or MSN.  :]
« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 07:26:55 PM by Navox »

NEET

• YUKUURISHATENEH
  • mokotanmokotanmokotan
    • Flowering Moon
« Reply #129 on: May 31, 2010, 07:51:05 PM »
Wow, I look so bad in that photo.

Thanks! I didn't think my costume was that good. I Sent you an e-mail so you can get me on Youtube or MSN.  :]

LOL aw D: I don`t like pic of me and Eirin either lmao T__T I think it`s the lighting, cause the outdoor shade pictures look really pro ;_; ~! I love that Marisu cosplay *-*

IT WAS OMG XD I loved it XD I was like "omg a Wriggle" XD cause you usually see more popular characters! and yay! I`ll add you! :3

Gpop

« Reply #130 on: June 01, 2010, 09:05:24 PM »
Anyways, Chibity recorded most of the panel in 3 parts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a06a7MjB8-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBa1aVoLRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhgd3KML0_U

I'm the one in the white shirt with the Flandre symbol. Khoa was the one beside me, and PN was the one in blue. Chibity was the Iku cosplayer. You get to see Sabino and Suikama talk a bit as well.

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #131 on: June 01, 2010, 09:22:06 PM »
LEGENDARY VID

kommisar vs gpop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPyZE_m-dys

also sup every1. I was the tall fro dude way in the back next to the tall reimu quebec dude that was talking about his crotch being stuck in his costume (gay)
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 09:26:25 PM by Kommisar »
spellcheck lol

Gpop

« Reply #132 on: June 01, 2010, 09:33:16 PM »
LEGENDARY VID

kommisar vs gpop
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPyZE_m-dys

also sup every1. I was the tall fro dude way in the back next to the tall reimu quebec dude that was talking about his crotch being stuck in his costume (gay)

Oh hey you signed up!

And dammit I sucked at that file because it was sightread and pad sucked (I think that time the up arrow wasn't even working >.<)

Gundam-Dude

« Reply #133 on: June 01, 2010, 09:37:38 PM »
I was that asian guy with the blue yukkuri shirt and button armoured hat in case you happened to see me in the ddr room or with Kommisar.

Overall, entertaining panel and amazing weekend. I'm content with all the Touhou merchandise I managed to buy (posters, wall scrolls, plushies, music, and buttons). Too bad I didn't have a camera on me to take pictures of the Touhou cosplays but more or less everyone else here that took photos more or less got everyone I saw, rofl.

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #134 on: June 01, 2010, 09:47:29 PM »
yeah con in general fucking owned. def. going next year. maybe i can convince synexi to go as rin hehu

the touhou pannel itself was aite. I found it was more about who had the biggest knowledge of reimu's penis size rather than a panel but thats aite. needs more gaming room exposure also.
spellcheck lol

Gpop

« Reply #135 on: June 01, 2010, 09:49:14 PM »
yeah con in general fucking owned. def. going next year. maybe i can convince synexi to go as rin hehu

the touhou pannel itself was aite. I found it was more about who had the biggest knowledge of reimu's penis size rather than a panel but thats aite. needs more gaming room exposure also.

Well that was more for the shmups section :P. You guys were still in the DDR room when it happened.

« Reply #136 on: June 01, 2010, 09:53:15 PM »
Anyways, Chibity recorded most of the panel in 3 parts:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a06a7MjB8-E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDBa1aVoLRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bhgd3KML0_U

I'm the one in the white shirt with the Flandre symbol. Khoa was the one beside me, and PN was the one in blue. Chibity was the Iku cosplayer. You get to see Sabino and Suikama talk a bit as well.
And I'm the one with the orange shirt :V

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #137 on: June 01, 2010, 09:58:34 PM »
Well that was more for the shmups section :P. You guys were still in the DDR room when it happened.

i was busy flexing my stepmania muscles. oh well at least i got some touhou merch. (whatever gundam-dude found basically lmao)
spellcheck lol

« Reply #138 on: June 01, 2010, 10:00:54 PM »
Hopefully next time. TBH, the whole booth wasn't exactly what I hoped it would be simply because I got screwed over in terms of being provided with proper audio/video equipment. ;<
The gaming room in general had this problem :/

Also it was cold

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #139 on: June 01, 2010, 11:17:58 PM »
I was that asian guy with the blue yukkuri shirt and button armoured hat in case you happened to see me in the ddr room or with Kommisar.

I can't help but feel that you hate me just from looking at me :V. I was the guy with the Cirno plushie sticking out of my backpack and the craploads of toohoo pins stuck on my shirt.

Suggestions are always welcome. For most of us panelists, it's our first time, so anything you think we gotta improve (other than the obvious 'having a microphone, speakers, and a projector screen' suggestion), just tell us. I think the panel went off pretty damn well and we can definitely make it so much better for next year hurhurhurhurhr.

The gaming room in general had this problem :/

Also it was cold

Really? It's freaking hot out there, it should've been a good thing.  :V

PN

« Reply #140 on: June 01, 2010, 11:28:26 PM »
So yeah, a little late to the post-con party, but I finally made it.

First and foremost, thanks to everyone who came out and enjoyed the panel.  The panel was for you guys, and you guys made it awesome.  I have to say, you made this probably the easiest panel for me to do all weekend (out of five).

Shout outs to the other 4 panelists with me:  Khoa, Mike, Gpop and TheeShenanigans.  You guys were great, and kept things alive.  I know  you were all nervous being all first timers, but you pulled it off with flying colours.  I have to apologize for not being able to use a lot of your ideas (mainly the AV stuff), but hopefully the next time the panel runs, we'll have all the bells and whistles.

Gotta give a shout out to anyone who decided to hype up the panel beforehand.  Specifically, I did notice Chibity getting the word out (hurray for Youtube...sometimes), so big thanks to her for making my job easier.

I got to say, the panel was one of the highlights of my con going history (and it's been a while).  It was probably one of my personal highlights of this con, followed by finishing 2nd in the TvC tournament and 1CCing LLS twice (using Reimu A and B).  That's not to say that meeting a great bunch of people was not memorable (although I'm terrible with names, so apologies if I don't remember you).

I don't know if I'm going to be going back again next year, but if I am, I'll be sure to try and bring the Touhou panel back.  Keep your eyes open around January or February if you want to get involved.  Feel free to PM me if you want to stay in touch; it's always fun meeting more Touhou fans.

PN

« Reply #141 on: June 01, 2010, 11:30:51 PM »

Suggestions are always welcome. For most of us panelists, it's our first time, so anything you think we gotta improve (other than the obvious 'having a microphone, speakers, and a projector screen' suggestion), just tell us. I think the panel went off pretty damn well and we can definitely make it so much better for next year hurhurhurhurhr.

I doubt we're getting a sound system for the panel next year.  Despite over-filling Ottawa, I doubt that the attendance we had for the Touhou panel would have put a seat in every chair in, say, the Toronto B room, which does not have a mic.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 12:07:47 AM by PN »

Gundam-Dude

« Reply #142 on: June 02, 2010, 12:02:54 AM »
I can't help but feel that you hate me just from looking at me :V. I was the guy with the Cirno plushie sticking out of my backpack and the craploads of toohoo pins stuck on my shirt.

Did I give you a weird look or something  :ohdear:. I was wondering where you got that plushie and those Touhou pins but I managed to find a bunch later on when I went to the Dealer's Room after the Touhou panel and over the course of the weekend. I actually remember you from last year when you brought your IIDX and Pop'n Music stuff for the Rhythm Gaming event on Friday night except no one was really there. I was with Dan/Xiao and I think we did talk to you at one point but I don't quite recall. And Dan did mention to me a few weeks back before AN that you were selling your IIDX controller or something since you stopped playing, haha.

Definitely planning on going next year and really considering toohoo cosplaying if I'm brave enough

« Reply #143 on: June 02, 2010, 01:08:12 AM »

Really? It's freaking hot out there, it should've been a good thing.  :V
Well I was there for like the whole day :V

Also in general it wasn't cold but when I sat in the middle of the room which is right under the AC I was shivering so much.

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #144 on: June 02, 2010, 01:35:49 AM »
pannel went quite well for a first run imo. perhaps some more visuals for next time? idk if that would be possible with a projector in a small room like that though

pat if you do touhou next year i'll definitely match that.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2010, 01:38:10 AM by Kommisar »
spellcheck lol

KOA

• 決意するがよい
    • HP
« Reply #145 on: June 02, 2010, 02:09:06 AM »
Did I give you a weird look or something  :ohdear:. I was wondering where you got that plushie and those Touhou pins but I managed to find a bunch later on when I went to the Dealer's Room after the Touhou panel and over the course of the weekend. I actually remember you from last year when you brought your IIDX and Pop'n Music stuff for the Rhythm Gaming event on Friday night except no one was really there. I was with Dan/Xiao and I think we did talk to you at one point but I don't quite recall. And Dan did mention to me a few weeks back before AN that you were selling your IIDX controller or something since you stopped playing, haha.

Definitely planning on going next year and really considering toohoo cosplaying if I'm brave enough

Nice to know we're on good terms at least. I'll try to be more open in person next time. Most of the Touhou stuff (ex. the cirno plushie) were from a friend of mine that wanted to sell off his doujins when the panel finished.

Also, I wasn't selling my IIDX controller cuz I stopped playing. I just want to sell it cuz it happens to be a spare (I have 3 arcade-style controllers, actually). It's still for sale though. Aside from that, I really want to re-open Bemani for the gaming section, but judging from the past two years a friend and I have put it up in AN,  there doesn't seem to be all that much interest to warrant bringing them back.

I could be wrong though, and sorry if my post seems out of whack. :3

Sabino

• Rusted Ruins
« Reply #146 on: June 02, 2010, 03:03:46 AM »
It's a bit late, but here's my photos from AN!
...I'm sorry the photo quality is not so good.

I really liked these two, I hope next year we'll see two more of them :)

FEVER!! XD

The Yakumo family and Yuyuko, Right after the panel

Also right after the panel, Eirin!
I really like his smile in this pic.

瀟洒!瀟洒!
I'm sorry it blured...

They had really good props ready, almost natural looking :D

Marisaaaaaa~!!
...There goes my inner Patchy.

A part of what I returned home with.
I read it all by now but most are good for a few million more read throughs.
I hope I come home with some UFO stuff next year  :3

Oh, and...
I look so nerdy weird in that vid~ omg I should've groomed my self better... :(
But the video of the panel is a win!

Gpop

« Reply #147 on: June 02, 2010, 03:31:45 AM »
Nice to know we're on good terms at least. I'll try to be more open in person next time. Most of the Touhou stuff (ex. the cirno plushie) were from a friend of mine that wanted to sell off his doujins when the panel finished.

Also, I wasn't selling my IIDX controller cuz I stopped playing. I just want to sell it cuz it happens to be a spare (I have 3 arcade-style controllers, actually). It's still for sale though. Aside from that, I really want to re-open Bemani for the gaming section, but judging from the past two years a friend and I have put it up in AN,  there doesn't seem to be all that much interest to warrant bringing them back.

I could be wrong though, and sorry if my post seems out of whack. :3

I always wanted to try IIDX, and AN would be a good excuse to try it out. You would have my support.

Kommisar

• 8 Bit Chef
  • Jewfro
    • Bluexoon
« Reply #148 on: June 02, 2010, 04:12:43 AM »
thing is most people that would play iidx are part of the group that plays ddr/itg as well. you're probably looking at about 20 people atm haha
spellcheck lol

Yamachanadu

• Apparently pre-Yamatrend
« Reply #149 on: June 02, 2010, 05:40:25 AM »
Hmm, seems noone spotted the Remillia my friend spotted, i'll upload tomorow.
<%convider> with the nose on top it looks like a lovecraftian sam fisher