Author Topic: Just picked up Ys: the Oath in Falghana :>  (Read 1994 times)

eyotic

Just picked up Ys: the Oath in Falghana :>
« on: August 20, 2013, 03:53:45 PM »
These games are a great way to unwind. Your middle/ring finger may hate you for it, though. Nevertheless, thank you, Steam!

Anyone else here into Ys?

Re: Just picked up Ys: the Oath in Falghana :>
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2013, 05:40:31 PM »
Absolutely love Ys, succesfully completed Chronicles, Oath and Origin on nightmare just last month... was quite a challenge let me tell you.  :D

Oaths probably the best in the series imo, though theyre all pretty great.

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2013, 07:10:35 PM »
I played some of Ys 1, but I didn't finish it yet. It's on my to-do list! I'm also looking forward to Celceta when it releases on the Vita.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2013, 07:28:02 PM »
Yeah, ys is great, i just wish the series wasnt such a platform hopper nowadays. Back in the days they were made on like everything.

Anyway virtually everyone thinks oath is the best, but origin is my fave actually. I normally dont care about stories in rogs, and ys is t even an rpg. But for some reason i find the story in origin really touching and actually believable... Believable in terms of how the characters act and stuff i mean. I also enjoy the music in origin the most (well actually iirc the music in ps2's of ark o napishtem was better).

Im still not sure if they are ever gonna make ys seven on pc or not. Theres a thread about it on zseed forums where a staffy is actually like its most active poster, but they went way off topic and when i tried to ask about the actual topic i got ignored. Blah.

Im also bummed ys4 is vita only, grr these new expensive systems getting the goods. I mean i think its reasonable when new games appear on new consoles. But seeing a series make a stand on the pcs for awhile and then suddenly go handheld only is just da fuu.

Anyway enjoy. I saw one user review bash the series on steam say something absolutely retarded like "typical japanese game where you solve everything by endless grinding"... *boggle*. In like every ys game, if you are under level, you WILL level in like 3 effing kills. You level faster until youre the right level than ANY series ive ever played. Its pretty sad how some people are developing blind racism to effing software.

eyotic

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2013, 11:08:21 PM »
Absolutely love Ys, succesfully completed Chronicles, Oath and Origin on nightmare just last month... was quite a challenge let me tell you.  :D

Oaths probably the best in the series imo, though theyre all pretty great.

Oh mai, I can't imagine playing those two on nightmare! I struggled on Normal enough as is when I played Origin. Meanwhile, I'm tearing my hair out trying to overcome the Ruins boss (the fire/lava serpent). Still, it's good to here that Oath is considered the best!

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2013, 09:36:52 AM »
Anyone else here into Ys?
Ys Seven > Ys Oath :getdown:

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

eyotic

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2013, 01:16:39 PM »
I saw one user review bash the series on steam say something absolutely retarded like "typical japanese game where you solve everything by endless grinding"... *boggle*. Its pretty sad how some people are developing blind racism to effing software.

That's not too surprising, I wouldn't expect anyone harboring racism to make logical conclusions anyhow, haha. The hallmark of racism is short-sightedness, after all. :)

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2013, 03:05:48 PM »
I beat Oath in Felghana and Origin (got the true ending on Nightmare mode just now, in fact) and just started Ys 1. I can tell this fighting style is going to take a bit of getting used to, but it's interesting at least.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2013, 04:03:22 PM »
Has anybody here played ark of napishtem? Im wondering what people think about it but nobody ever mentions it.
I personally am not sure if i like it or oath more. In oath you have a more balanced set of attacks and spells (in ark just the wind sword is the good choice, fire's fireballs have low range, and require a charge up too, for less damage than 2 wind hits... Dont even think about thunder. It requires button mashing for it to randomly decide to rocket you a distance for crap damage. Button mash attack btw, so bad mobility and hard to combo with since it also has crap range and you are forced to circle around the enemy with it).

The trash in ark is kinda lame too, the final dungeon's trash behave like early game trash in terms of tactics. However i liked the music more, and feel the boss fights are WAY cooler (and more difficult) than oath's.

eyotic

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2013, 11:55:00 PM »
@Ghaleon

Honestly, the last time I played Ark was when it first came out on PS2 aeons ago. I don't remember much other than cute pointy-eared characters and three elemental monster chicas you had to fight. P: I'm sure it was good, though! (I'm really not that difficult to please when it comes to games, haha)