Author Topic: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation  (Read 239248 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: 東方幻想魔録 ~ Devil of Decline Translation
« Reply #360 on: May 21, 2014, 03:03:46 AM »
Yes.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #361 on: May 21, 2014, 06:43:24 AM »
I'm under the impression there are already tools to easily pinpoint what text has actually changed.
Yes. To find which files have changed, I usually use GNU diff, which is available on nearly all Linux computers (and a Windows version also exists). It isn't really user-friendly, but it does its job perfectly. There are also some other tools, which are more user-friendly.
Then, to compare 2 text files, there is also a lot of tools. GNU diff can to it, but here, I find its display a bit unreadable. My favorite here is the compare plugin for Notepad++.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 06:47:56 AM by brliron »

Alcoraiden

• Do not go gentle into that good night
« Reply #362 on: May 22, 2014, 06:43:25 PM »
Thanks for the clarification!

Okay, so...does anyone *have* Banquet? Because on their website, I don't see how to obtain it, or I'd buy it myself online. >< But this might be another "Alcor sucks at Japanese websites" thing.

« Reply #363 on: May 24, 2014, 11:11:09 AM »
If someone have banquet, I can make a procedure for him to list differences between the 2 versions.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #364 on: May 29, 2014, 04:26:54 PM »
Well, I have some good and bad news regarding a PM I sent to Deranged a few months ago when I was trying to get this back into action. The good news is he still has the SCN files he translated here:

http://www.datafilehost.com/d/989255f0

The bad news is that he's probably not going to work on translating the game again, so we're down a potential translator.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #365 on: May 30, 2014, 03:17:06 AM »
Devil of Forever.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #366 on: May 30, 2014, 04:10:44 AM »
Devil of Forever.

You do realize people arent being paid for this, and that they have no support from the developer, unlike many commercial localization projects which also take longer not too infrequently.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #367 on: May 30, 2014, 03:52:45 PM »
You do realize people arent being paid for this, and that they have no support from the developer, unlike many commercial localization projects which also take longer not too infrequently.

...you do realize that was a joke, right?

it's not like I'm complaining.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #368 on: May 31, 2014, 01:18:22 PM »
Thanks for the clarification!

Okay, so...does anyone *have* Banquet? Because on their website, I don't see how to obtain it, or I'd buy it myself online. >< But this might be another "Alcor sucks at Japanese websites" thing.
You most likely don't suck as hard as you think. There seems to be no link for it on the shop page in their official website (in fact it looks like that page got abandoned not too long after DoD's expansion came out, as it doesn't list any of their games that came after it). However, you can still look for the name of the circle on the usual shopping sites and find the games they've made in there. Here are the links for Banquet on [Toranoana] and [MelonBooks], for example (check the shop page for any of their older games for a full list of shops they use I guess).

As for the translation, I won't give up on hope! It will come out eventually!

« Reply #369 on: June 01, 2014, 03:17:19 AM »
Hey everyone, I'm new around here but I hope this information helps:

Banquet is available from Akiba-Hobby, Just scroll down a little and you'll find Banquet as well as the Ran expansion for Nightmare of Rebellion. They actually ship directly to the U.S as well. No need for google translate to get through their website. I ordered my copy on the 28th and it arrived today. Super fast shipping!

However... Banquet now requires a serial #, just like with the recent Strawberry Bose games. The good news is that old save files from Festival will work with Banquet!

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #370 on: June 02, 2014, 06:27:02 AM »
I wasn't aware there was a store that would ship directly to US.  Does anyone know how much you have to buy to get all of the content?  I mean, to run DoD 3.0, do you need to buy DoD 2.0 and DoD 1.0?  Likewise, to run NoR 2.0, do you need NoR 1.0?
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

« Reply #371 on: June 02, 2014, 10:14:55 AM »
You shouldn't need the base game or the expansion for this re-release, if it's like GoS Weekend. I think the website says that as well.
NoR's expansion needs the base game, though, just like the other two (or three, I don't remember if that Plants vs. Reimus game got one) games did.

« Reply #372 on: June 02, 2014, 12:19:40 PM »
You don't need the original game or the expansion. DoD Banquet is stand-alone and includes everything.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #373 on: June 02, 2014, 03:50:37 PM »
...this may sound stupid, but I can't find Banquet at all on Akiba Hobby. Is it sold out already?

I mean, there are only 4 games showing for me on that page: Lotus Land Carnival, Eastern Sky Arena, Genso Mahjong and Shoot Shoot Nitori.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #374 on: June 02, 2014, 04:12:37 PM »
...this may sound stupid, but I can't find Banquet at all on Akiba Hobby. Is it sold out already?

I mean, there are only 4 games showing for me on that page: Lotus Land Carnival, Eastern Sky Arena, Genso Mahjong and Shoot Shoot Nitori.

This is the direct link for it. Yeah... It's under "- 博麗神社例大祭 各種新作 -" on the home page. Third row, second from the left. The first on on the left is the Ran expansion for NoR.

Alcoraiden

« Reply #375 on: June 03, 2014, 04:08:25 AM »
You most likely don't suck as hard as you think. There seems to be no link for it on the shop page in their official website (in fact it looks like that page got abandoned not too long after DoD's expansion came out, as it doesn't list any of their games that came after it). However, you can still look for the name of the circle on the usual shopping sites and find the games they've made in there. Here are the links for Banquet on [Toranoana] and [MelonBooks], for example (check the shop page for any of their older games for a full list of shops they use I guess).

As for the translation, I won't give up on hope! It will come out eventually!

Oh okay, so I'm not totally nuts when I think the page looks way not updated.

Also, yes, it will, because the group here's going to do it. We just need to get our hands on Banquet. Now that we know how...we can do that.

« Reply #376 on: June 03, 2014, 06:04:12 PM »
Also, yes, it will, because the group here's going to do it. We just need to get our hands on Banquet. Now that we know how...we can do that.

I hope you guys can make this translation work with the non-Banquet version so that those of us who are perfectly fine with the original game and don't feel like obtaining Banquet can still enjoy the translation.

« Reply #377 on: June 03, 2014, 07:24:47 PM »
I don't know if it will be possible, but we'll think about it.

« Reply #378 on: June 03, 2014, 11:24:42 PM »
Akiba-Hobby doesn't list Banquet when set to English.  :V

Joining in English mode and placing the order in Japanese seems to be working so far. I'll post again on arrival (or notification of being too American to buy it, whichever). Assuming it does I shall happily buy up to two more copies for the people actually making this patch. I will happily put my money where my mouth is in order to play the game.

Alcoraiden

« Reply #379 on: June 04, 2014, 07:07:36 PM »
Thank for working this out; I'll pick myself up a copy in Japanese mode.

« Reply #380 on: June 04, 2014, 09:03:44 PM »
I didn't even realize that there was a Japanese mode haha... that makes more sense then, I'm not sure why there's no description or picture for Banquet in English mode. FWIW, I bought mine in English mode, along with CROW'SCLAW's Caramel Crunch.

They have so much more stuff in Japanese mode too... ugh, I guess at least now I'll know for when I order my Comiket 86 stuff >~<

I've already beaten DoD in Japanese (with the help of google translate & jap wiki), but I hope to play through Banquet one day in English :D
« Last Edit: June 04, 2014, 09:10:29 PM by thegunner100 »

« Reply #381 on: June 18, 2014, 07:24:58 AM »
Bad news about banquet : it seems to use the same file format as NoR, that is, a completely different format than the one used in festival. So :
  • The easiest is to forget banquet and make a patch for festival
  • I may try to dig into the new files, but I doubt I'll be able to do something
  • We can try to find someone better than me, who would make a tool for us. But who ?
  • I intend to do a patching tool independent of the files format, but I need some time to do it. And I'm not sure it will work. And lots of things will need to be redone (I don't know how you save the files you translated, but I'll probably need a different format).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2014, 07:27:49 AM by brliron »

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #382 on: June 18, 2014, 07:57:21 AM »
Oh fun, the same TARC files that prevent anything from being done about Touhou Quest or Nightmare of Rebellion.

I guess for now it'd be best to do Festival only, yeah. If someone can figure out how to crack the TARC files, though, that would not only be good for Banquet, but for Nightmare of Rebellion as well... if translation efforts even get that far. :V

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #383 on: June 19, 2014, 02:13:22 AM »
I think making a patch for Festival is a good idea! :D
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #384 on: June 19, 2014, 03:27:39 AM »
My reaction to brliron's last post was:   :ohdear: + :(

That said, I still... hope things will progress somehow.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

« Reply #385 on: June 19, 2014, 08:00:49 AM »
Maybe not all is lost for banquet. This guy (http://aluigi.altervista.org/quickbms.htm) has a pretty nice tool for extracting and re-importing archives and he?s also pretty good at figuring out encryptions. I had the same problem some months ago where the developers of my favourite MMO encrypted their files and modding was not possible anymore. Thanks to him, modding could resume.
He?s currently on vacation until the beginning of July. Maybe we can ask him for help on his forum once he?s back?

Alcoraiden

« Reply #386 on: June 19, 2014, 10:48:06 PM »
That sounds good. We can always ask.

Until then, and just in case we *can't* get Banquet going, is Festival easier to get into?

You said these are TARC files? I'll ask around and see if anyone I know, knows anything about them.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #387 on: June 19, 2014, 11:18:25 PM »
Festival has already been cracked in terms of accessing the archive files thanks to mauve. Banquet is just another story because it's a completely different file type Strawberry Bose has been using since Touhou Quest.

Lukesky180

• Knight of the Hungry Ghost
  • Yuyuko-sama!
    • HSE-Endeavor's Robotics Team
« Reply #388 on: June 20, 2014, 03:11:28 PM »
So we can just go straight into translating Festival, then?  :]
>This is the little mistress.
>Oh, hello little one!
Is this my dream, the destiny to behold?
~Sister of Scarlet~

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #389 on: June 20, 2014, 03:16:49 PM »
So we can just go straight into translating Festival, then?  :]
Well we've already been translating festival for the past few years, so
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore