Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467242 times)

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #1140 on: May 21, 2013, 11:59:44 AM »
You're still alive, Gpop9? Better start hyping.

Unfortunately, they said that she's last. Now they'll try to make some videos until Reitaisai. That's what I get at least.
No more character updates?

Thanks in advance!

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #1141 on: May 21, 2013, 12:00:31 PM »
The Imaginary Personality - Koishi Komeiji

She couldn't remember a thing.
Before she knew it, she had joined the crowd.
No one noticed her presence.
She lived her life day in and day out without any dreams or hopes.
But these unusual events caused her to throw down the gauntlet,
creating just a tiny change in her daily life.

Special Skill: Super Reflexes
When the command for heavy melee attacks, heavy projectile attacks and special moves are entered, the move is "set" and will activate will come out automatically when certain conditions are fulfilled such as enemy placement or passage of time. One of each of the three attacks can be set at a time, and an icon will indicate when a move is prepared.

Last Word: Brambly Rose Garden
Pulls the opponent into a storm of rose danmaku.
The roses are unblockable and the suction of the attack
will slowly draw them in.
If performed within a certain distance,
it will forcefully submerge enemies in a sea of roses.

By the way, Tasofro's Twitter account said she is the last (non-boss) character.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:05:34 PM by N-Forza »

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1142 on: May 21, 2013, 12:17:39 PM »
Okay, so no more character updates...

Wonder if that means there are only eight playable characters or if they want to reveal only eight...  Hopefully the latter...

Thanks for the reply!

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #1143 on: May 21, 2013, 12:18:39 PM »
Dare I say?

To all the dreamers out there

#believe
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
« Reply #1144 on: May 21, 2013, 12:26:47 PM »
Character final line-up.

No more characters tomorrow, that last character will be revealed on Reitaisai 10.

DSveno

• Oujo-sama's faithful servant
« Reply #1145 on: May 21, 2013, 12:28:33 PM »
Aww damn. I was hoping for at least 10 playable characters.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1146 on: May 21, 2013, 12:29:23 PM »
I really doubt there's only nine playable characters (including the final boss).  That's even less than IaMP...  They probably want to keep the rest a secret until release.

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #1147 on: May 21, 2013, 12:38:19 PM »
I uh, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Expect the worst to avoid that kind of disappointment. And if the worst is 9 characters, hey, at least that's better than Skullgirls managed.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

« Reply #1148 on: May 21, 2013, 12:39:00 PM »
....wow, she made it after all.

Hey, maybe her ending that I posted near the beginning of this thread will happen, too!

I highly doubt Kasen will appear.  She's still a developing character in the manga with lots that needs to be revealed there about her first, I think, rather than in a separate game (which is why ZUN didn't include her in TD in the end).
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:42:23 PM by Tiamat »

« Reply #1149 on: May 21, 2013, 12:52:57 PM »
HOLY CRAP KOISHI PLAYABLE.

I LOVE YOU FOREVER ZUN <3

(First post in a long time, but too many awesome things have been happening lately and this just tops it)

EDIT: Regarding the character lineup, the last character will probably be the new one, though the cast really feels small for this one. I'm surprised at the lack of Moriya shrine presence, but I myself have never been that much of a fan of them and they've already had a lot of presence so I'm not complaining, though it's still surprising. ZUN YOU MADE A GOOD CHOICE <3 KOISHI
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:57:31 PM by GuppyForce »

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #1150 on: May 21, 2013, 12:56:10 PM »
Well this came as a bit of a surprising headline, but one I approve of nonetheless.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1151 on: May 21, 2013, 12:56:53 PM »

...WELP, I KNOW WHO MY MAIN IS NOW. DROPPING REIMU, KOISHI IS MY MAIN I DON'T HOW BAD SHE COULD BE BOTTOM TIER? NO PROBLEM

(okay no seriously, despite that she was probably one of the more obvious candidates as Miko and Byakuren has shown interest in her, I'm still really really surprised that she's in. But now I want to see how they make her story and maybe continue on with her third eye, "shifting", from the last game).

« Reply #1152 on: May 21, 2013, 12:57:26 PM »
I get into work, and load the website, getting ready to refresh it constantly, and I already see they showed us the Character, Koishi. I was pretty much expecting her. Well, either Her, Orin, or Okuu. Someone in relation to SA.

I am disappointed that there will only be 8 playable with 1 boss, but that pretty much makes it just like Skullgirls, and that does pretty well for itself. I doubt the boss character will be playable, and if it is, I imagine it may be very broken. I am curious who the boss will be.

I am not getting my hopes up, but maybe there are hidden characters that they want to keep a secret till people play they game. I doubt it, but it is a possibility.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #1153 on: May 21, 2013, 12:59:59 PM »
...WELP, I KNOW WHO MY MAIN IS NOW. DROPPING REIMU, KOISHI IS MY MAIN I DON'T HOW BAD SHE COULD BE BOTTOM TIER? NO PROBLEM
Glorious, I expected no less of ya. :P

inb4 major nerfs to Koi in future balance patches >:D
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

« Reply #1154 on: May 21, 2013, 01:00:17 PM »
Nice to see Koishi, but I'm just a little disappointed that there aren't more characters. It's still possible for there to me two new characters to make the count into a round 10, but we'll just have to wait and see.

« Reply #1155 on: May 21, 2013, 01:00:51 PM »
On the blog they say that they had a hard time balancing Koishi, and they're still not satisfied (well, that they haven't studied her balance enough)...

Well, at least we can expect balance patches in the future. That's great, in my opinion. You can't get the perfect balance on the first try anyway.

« Reply #1156 on: May 21, 2013, 01:04:11 PM »
On the blog they say that they had a hard time balancing Koishi, and they're still not satisfied (well, that they haven't studied her balance enough)...

Well, at least we can expect balance patches in the future. That's great, in my opinion. You can't get the perfect balance on the first try anyway.

Could Balance Patches mean the possibility of DLC characters?

I highly doubt it, but a man can dream...

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #1157 on: May 21, 2013, 01:06:14 PM »
Glorious, I expected no less of ya. :P
What'd you expect? KOISHI'S IN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- *shot*

yeah okay I'm done fangasming. This was seriously the best thing to wake up to.

game2011

• mineiptXD
« Reply #1158 on: May 21, 2013, 01:15:47 PM »
I uh, I wouldn't get my hopes up. Expect the worst to avoid that kind of disappointment. And if the worst is 9 characters, hey, at least that's better than Skullgirls managed.
Skullgirls at least has DLC to make up for it.
I doubt the boss character will be playable, and if it is, I imagine it may be very broken. I am curious who the boss will be.
Didn't stop Suika and Tenshi from being playable.  Bosses in fighting games are almost always nerfed to be as strong as normal playable characters.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:17:21 PM by game2011 »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #1159 on: May 21, 2013, 01:16:52 PM »
What the hell? Koishi? Whatever. :D As much as I love Subterranean Animism Koishi is by far my least favorite character from that game, but she sounds fun. Let the Koishi/Balrog mashups begin!
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #1160 on: May 21, 2013, 01:19:02 PM »
Could Balance Patches mean the possibility of DLC characters?

That's not what balance patches normally do.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #1161 on: May 21, 2013, 01:20:50 PM »
There is precedent.

(Meiling in IAMP)

« Reply #1162 on: May 21, 2013, 01:23:45 PM »
What'd you expect? KOISHI'S IN AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA- *shot*

yeah okay I'm done fangasming. This was seriously the best thing to wake up to.
Not quite as I expected, still funny though. It really is nice to see your favorite characters getting the spotlight.
I've been interested in fighting you ever since that combo video that you uploaded. Do you mind a friendly match?
I'm not really good, don't know how far I'll be able to do with Byakuren but I'll be looking forward to it when the game's out.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 01:25:47 PM by monhan »

« Reply #1163 on: May 21, 2013, 01:24:47 PM »
As happy as I am about playable Koishi... those eyes. Can she put on sunglasses to cover them up?

« Reply #1164 on: May 21, 2013, 01:25:16 PM »
That's not what balance patches normally do.

Well I know that, but I mean since they are giving us patches to download, maybe in the future they can give us characters to download too? Like I said highly doubt it, but it would be cool.

There is precedent.

(Meiling in IAMP)

True. So maybe we may get someone. That would be cool.

Skullgirls at least has DLC to make up for it.Didn't stop Suika and Tenshi from being playable.  Bosses in fighting games are almost always nerfed to be as strong as normal playable characters.

That is also true. I guess this boss character may be a brand new character? would fit with Suika and Tenshi.

Moekou

• Hourai Doll
  • Nyo~
« Reply #1165 on: May 21, 2013, 01:26:00 PM »
We DO have a precedence of (free) "DLC" character though! It's how Meiling got added as a (terrible joke) character in IaMP!

Submit your hopes of your favorite Touhou to become downloadable so she can become the new punching bag!

Also I'm REALLY happy with Koishi being included! It seems to me that despite being an Extra Boss, lots of artists have no idea how to portray her fighting and all she did in Tag Tournament and Tag Dream series is turn invisible. I'll be good to give her fighting competence some recognition!

Those beautiful eyes...time for a heart-throbbing adventure! <3
Never forget these eternal words of wisdom: "Take it easy!"

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #1166 on: May 21, 2013, 01:27:49 PM »
I also except someone like Rin or Koishi.

My guesses were not incorrect.

From the sounds of it, Koishi's playstyle is just weird. Might be really tricky to use her.
Really creative and head-hurting way to implement her subconsciousness.
The skill name for the screenshot is, um, I think it says "Fidgety Snatcher", フィゲッティbeing a small typo.
If she detects someone approaching from above in front of her, she will automatically counter with a Glico jump with invincibility frames.
It can be baited out, of course.

I reckon what will happen to Koishi will be somewhat like what happened to Suwako in th123.
It will be a long road for Komeiji Koishi, that's for sure.

Boss characters don't have to be broken or have to be nerfed, due to the unique system of Story Mode.

A question.
Koishi's special ability, is there any other character in other fighting games with similar abilities?
Signature

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
« Reply #1167 on: May 21, 2013, 01:35:31 PM »
KOISHI! :*

Her portrait looks awesome, and her eyes are beautiful! (I'm not a Koishi fanboy but I wasn't expecting this :V)

...Is this really going to be the definitive cast?

Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Moekou

• Hourai Doll
  • Nyo~
« Reply #1168 on: May 21, 2013, 01:36:21 PM »

Whoa, apparently this was posted on January 5th. Apparently they were all mentioned in the demo memory.

Mamizou!
Never forget these eternal words of wisdom: "Take it easy!"

« Reply #1169 on: May 21, 2013, 01:42:32 PM »

Whoa, apparently this was posted on January 5th. Apparently they were all mentioned in the demo memory.

Mamizou!

Really? it was in the memory, and no one was saying anything? Surprising.

You know, I would not be surprised in Mamizou was the boss, but I am expecting a new character, since the other fighters had a new character being a boss.

We DO have a precedence of (free) "DLC" character though! It's how Meiling got added as a (terrible joke) character in IaMP!

Submit your hopes of your favorite Touhou to become downloadable so she can become the new punching bag!

Also I'm REALLY happy with Koishi being included! It seems to me that despite being an Extra Boss, lots of artists have no idea how to portray her fighting and all she did in Tag Tournament and Tag Dream series is turn invisible. I'll be good to give her fighting competence some recognition!

Those beautiful eyes...time for a heart-throbbing adventure! <3

I forgot she was free DLC. I guess it was because she was a joke character. Hopefully if they add anyone they won't be joke characters.

And I am quite interested in seeing Koishi in action, due to just how she is. The automatic counters she has and odd moves seems to fit her. And yeah, I haven't see much fanon stuff of having her fight, so this game may help her in those fanon fighting comics.

And to those who brought up bosses won't be OP, yeah, I forgot they weren't in the past games. I was thinking Marie from Skullgirls when I said that.