Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!  (Read 467194 times)

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
Re: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade. Yay!
« Reply #210 on: January 17, 2013, 02:21:12 AM »
Marisa's idle pose is the best thing.

Reimu and Ichirin are all in perpetual ready mode with both dukes up.

Marisa? Marisa just rocks back and forth.

On her broom.

All match.

Giving. Zero. Fucks.
Why should Marisa worry? She only has a huge ass laser in her pocket that vaporizes anything it points at! I wouldn't give a fuck and a half either :P
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 02:25:34 AM by Kogasa Tatara »
I finally got ahead!

« Reply #211 on: January 17, 2013, 03:08:06 AM »
So are we ever gonna gain information on the game between now and the release, or is it just demo -> game?

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #212 on: January 17, 2013, 03:34:21 AM »
laser is not hard. not as hard as positioning yourself to punch someone, anyways. too bad broomslash is a pretty bad ender, or else we could get declare+spell.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #213 on: January 17, 2013, 03:54:19 AM »
So are we ever gonna gain information on the game between now and the release, or is it just demo -> game?
Given Tasofro's precedence, there may be a downloadable demo a few months before release (they have acknowledged people's request for web demo on their blog), and more non-boss characters would be revealed during that period.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2013, 03:56:09 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #214 on: January 17, 2013, 05:49:11 AM »
Difference is that weather only affected them in story, but that's it. In actual multiplayer weather is always random and never gives one character a higher probability of one certain weather than another. And I feel the religion meter thing is the same, it doesn't affect anything other than a fun fact based on the attacks you have mapped.

In either case, I need to rephrase what I meant to say. I didn't mean what they believe in, but what their skill relates to, which partially pertains to what they believe in.

I think we are talking about different things. Their techniques, you can map them however you want, so even if they only have 1 or 2 skills in Buddhism, you can max out the Buddhism bar. But that is not what I am talking about. I am talking about how the techniques themselves and how the characters start with a specific pattern. Those, I do not think is coincidental on where they are placed in the religion skill tree.

So, back to weather. In actual game play, weather is random, but what we got from weather is from their dialogue, which mentions what personalities each character has, because of their temperament. This is not to say that Marisa would likely have "drizzle" weather, but to say that, because her weather is "drizzle", her personality is so and so.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #215 on: January 17, 2013, 05:51:23 AM »
Since I cannot read kanji, can someone please tell me how to enable gamepad use?

PJ

• jesus christ it's all over the walls
« Reply #216 on: January 17, 2013, 01:43:34 PM »
Since I cannot read kanji, can someone please tell me how to enable gamepad use?
plug it in.  :P

If you're using a XBOX360 controller, up on the D-pad is to accept, and down on the D-pad is to decline. You should still set your own controls, though.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #217 on: January 17, 2013, 02:03:25 PM »
Though it seems to be buggy with PS3 and DS3 tools. Everytime I try to use my PS3 pad the profile menu always locks up when I try to keymap

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #218 on: January 17, 2013, 02:29:32 PM »
You could always try using a MadCatz FightPad too; the 6 face button layout seems like it would lend itself nicely to setting up C and Z macros.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Ikari

• I'm just so charismatic
  • It's turning into derp
« Reply #219 on: January 17, 2013, 04:01:40 PM »
Woah, just browsed through the whole thread. Did we really have a debate on Reimu being a taoist? I've officially seen it all.

Marisa's idle pose is the best thing.

Reimu and Ichirin are all in perpetual ready mode with both dukes up.

Marisa? Marisa just rocks back and forth.

On her broom.

All match.

Giving. Zero. Fucks.

But Reimu totally beats everyone else with her winning poses.

What do you mean I had a full battle with Ichirin, which ended up with her EXPLODING as I defeated her? Fuck you, that's what. *Throws flyer on screen*

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #220 on: January 17, 2013, 10:14:35 PM »
plug it in.  :P

If you're using a XBOX360 controller, up on the D-pad is to accept, and down on the D-pad is to decline. You should still set your own controls, though.

Oooh, okay. Thought it was the color buttons to select anything. :V

Thanks!

« Reply #221 on: January 18, 2013, 02:15:17 AM »
Woah, just browsed through the whole thread. Did we really have a debate on Reimu being a taoist? I've officially seen it all.

Pretty sure nobody was arguing that she was Taoist, just that it's very clear that her abilities have some connection to Taoism. :derp:

cuc

« Reply #222 on: January 22, 2013, 01:48:57 AM »
Summary of Unabara's recent tweets:

1. The first demo was more experimental, aimed at pushing the limits of game design. There's a lot of tweaking to do.

2. The rule of "using spell card to keep combo after stun" will be changed.

Sounds like there's a long way off, and there'll be another demo in the future.

Meanwhile, someone (I honestly don't know whom) has made a partial dump consisting of what seems to be all graphics except for the main character sprites, and all music files. I'm temporarily hosting it on my SkyDrive now, and will be grateful if someone can upload it to Mediafire (which I have difficulty accessing) and share the file using Mediafire instead.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E04D86FB0C8F489C!143&authkey=!ANJc4re1SBtPW0M

Info gleaned from the dump:
many assets are haphazardly named, and should be temporary; each characters' cards are numbered from 0 to 20.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2013, 01:56:51 AM by cuc »

« Reply #223 on: January 22, 2013, 03:02:22 AM »

2. The rule of "using spell card to keep combo after stun" will be changed.

Thank you... it was not a good idea.

« Reply #224 on: January 22, 2013, 03:21:11 AM »
Thanks for the info.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #225 on: January 22, 2013, 03:30:36 AM »
The popularity system was what most people were complaining about (actually it felt like it was ALL they were complaining about) from the fighting game community, since they say it encourages "get popularity, run away for victory" tactic, which I can SOMEWHAT agree to but we'll see what they do with it in the next demo

« Reply #226 on: January 22, 2013, 08:38:04 PM »
I dunno how to feel regarding the spellcard-following-stun change.  As much as I feel it adds great flavor to the game (among with making combos end in a much beautiful way) it sure makes small, dumb mistakes like not blocking, or being counterattacked have huge consequences.  I guess it goes without saying by now that if you hit a combo with a stun there's a pretty high chance of you ending up taking more than half of the opponent's life. 
Wish we had actual player x player videos so we could see how the current system would fare in real games though. 

The whole popularity issue isn't that bad for me, if anything I wish it was more rewarding for comboing instead of countering. 

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #227 on: January 23, 2013, 12:44:40 AM »
I would say to balance it out, punish those even more if they JUST try to run away and don't try to actually rush down the player (aka run-away tactics). Only problem with this though is that it HEAVILY unfavours the zoners, so we have to find that happy balance :<

Also, for spellcards hitting stunned opponents, I say for balance make the spell cards also scale, though not as hard (maybe just as hard as UMvC3 scales their hypers).

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #228 on: January 23, 2013, 01:05:40 AM »
I'd say give the zoners movement followups to their specials that don't penalize.
Sugoiiii~

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #229 on: January 24, 2013, 06:04:38 AM »
Character idea:

Choujuu Gigaku; 2 characters, 1 health bar (ala MB's Kohaku & Hisui)
They don't care about the religion-related carp goin on, they're just here to rock out!

Flan27

• I like bullets.
« Reply #230 on: January 24, 2013, 03:45:51 PM »
Character idea:

Choujuu Gigaku; 2 characters, 1 health bar (ala MB's Kohaku & Hisui)
They don't care about the religion-related carp goin on, they're just here to rock out!

Zun has played around with multiple characters as a single boss since Touhou 4 in the main series.  It would be great to see it in a fighting game!  (Not that it's likely...)

Well, I'm just hoping Kyouko gets a role more than just a spectator.
I can't think of anything clever to put here.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #231 on: January 24, 2013, 07:18:57 PM »
Meanwhile, someone (I honestly don't know whom) has made a partial dump consisting of what seems to be all graphics except for the main character sprites, and all music files. I'm temporarily hosting it on my SkyDrive now, and will be grateful if someone can upload it to Mediafire (which I have difficulty accessing) and share the file using Mediafire instead.

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=E04D86FB0C8F489C!143&authkey=!ANJc4re1SBtPW0M

many assets are haphazardly named, and should be temporary; each characters' cards are numbered from 0 to 20.
Great! Was looking for that for a long time.

It appears that the background characters might be full resolution eventually. At least there is one of Patchouli.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #232 on: January 25, 2013, 08:15:51 PM »
Does anyone know the average time it takes to fully create/program a HI-RES fighting game character?

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #233 on: January 26, 2013, 04:47:47 PM »
Does anyone know the average time it takes to fully create/program a HI-RES fighting game character?

Depends on quality.

It takes six total manhours to make one Skullgirls frame, apparently.

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
« Reply #234 on: January 26, 2013, 09:11:59 PM »
Depends on quality.

It takes six total manhours to make one Skullgirls frame, apparently.

But Skullgirls' sprites are quite detailed, aren't them? Even for a HI-RES game.

I'm talking about sprites on the same quality level of Guilty Gear X, or Arcana Heart 1.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Amraphenson

• ...well, I am too!
« Reply #235 on: January 26, 2013, 09:57:54 PM »
So like, half as many hours. Maybe.
Sugoiiii~

iK

• Triple Teasing Charicature
« Reply #236 on: January 27, 2013, 01:39:55 PM »
SkullGirls uses vector graphics with complex shading algorithms and depth of colour effects. Making a given frame for, say, BlazBlue would still take a while, but significantly less so than for SkullGirls. AquaPazza or Arcana Heart level of detail even less so. I'd grant frames anywhere between 20 and 60 minutes to make, depending on what part of an animation it is for. If it's a frame not far different from the previous one, it would not take very long to make, since a large part of the sprite would not take much redrawing.
[☰] [☴] [☵] [☶] [☷] [☳] [☲] [☱]

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #237 on: January 27, 2013, 04:02:39 PM »

...My unarchiver.app states that EVERYTHING inside the .pakx.7z is corrupted...

cuc

« Reply #238 on: January 29, 2013, 01:22:07 PM »
...My unarchiver.app states that EVERYTHING inside the .pakx.7z is corrupted...
Um, try using another decompressor, and redownloading the file? Sorry, I know nothing about Unarchiver.app.

RandomTalkingBush, an admin of Spriter's Resource, has already ripped Reimu's sprite sheet. Does anyone know how to contact him? I mean, his Steam account is very easy to find, but it's always nicer to have someone inbetween...
http://www.spriters-resource.com/pc_computer/T.html

EDIT: RandomTalkingBush said he don't know much about decrypting.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:17:25 AM by cuc »

« Reply #239 on: February 08, 2013, 03:35:24 AM »