Author Topic: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!  (Read 152513 times)

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
Re: Youkai Quest: The Continuing Adventures!
« Reply #690 on: January 21, 2013, 10:36:38 PM »
>"Ah! It's the Kamen Rider!" Why does he sound like Wriggle?

>If we hit one directly, several rage-charge us... Do we know any shotgun-form of danmaku?

>Request for a healin'. Resist the urge to shout out medic/doctor repeatedly while running around.
>After we've finished healing, get Rumia to get darkness around us, and use a spellcard! Make sure it's not in the direction of any of our allies.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
  • Whoa, this YF-29's awesome!
« Reply #691 on: January 26, 2013, 11:46:18 PM »
> Get Dai to heal us.  Rumia should be fine for a little longer, but we need the health badly.
>Request for a healin'. Resist the urge to shout out medic/doctor repeatedly while running around.
>How do you wish her to heal? First-Aid, or Fairy Healing?

> As for Rumia, keep up the shotgunnin'.
>If we hit one directly, several rage-charge us... Do we know any shotgun-form of danmaku?
>After we've finished healing, get Rumia to get darkness around us, and use a spellcard! Make sure it's not in the direction of any of our allies.
[Commands Pending]
Essence RO
Eiji Komatsu L1xx/6x CritsinX | Ryoshima Nanbu L7x/4x Crafting Blacksmith

Arbitrary Gaming~!
Youkai Quest: Unknown Adventure

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #692 on: January 27, 2013, 02:39:21 AM »
> Get some First-Aid goin' for Hibachi.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #693 on: January 27, 2013, 04:24:01 AM »
>First-Aid.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #694 on: February 12, 2013, 10:38:25 PM »
>First-Aid.
> Get some First-Aid goin' for Hibachi.
>Dai notices that you're not doing too good, and actually teleports over to you with her little medkit at the ready, and begins applying a sweet-scented oil to your injuries, shortly followed by a few bandages. The scent reminds you of the meadows just outside Mayohiga, but why? You gotta figure out how she does that teleport thing though.
>"Don't push yourself too hard..." Heeey...You can feel some of the pain easing away!
Hibachi recovered 10% HP! Bandage x1 Expended...

> As for Rumia, keep up the shotgunnin'.
>Well, Chen said that Arrowhead Danmaku work pretty good as a shotgun-ish attack, but she's admitted to only using them heavily in some of her spellcards. But you certainly aren't Chen.
>You could also take a page from Dai's book and use some Kunai Danmaku yourself, since you think you figured out the trick to it by watching her fire a few off. And since you're both better at it than her, and not a fairy, yours should have a bit more oomph to them.
>But as for spellcards, which one do you want to use? You have two, three if you count the fact that one's a dual-mode card. Only the dual-mode card would really be any good in this situation,
>Although, you could take a gamble and use Felyn Lance to try to take down one of the more injured ones, but with how eratticaly they're moving, there's a good chance you'll hit one of the other fairies with that salvo instead.
>While you ponder this, and other things, you pull back from the fight a bit to take a more defensive stance. Dai follows you, and shifts to be behind you. Girl really doesn't seem to like fighting. Sparked a New Skill: Support Defense! Incoming Damage Halved until Next Turn! Enemy Hit Roll Lowered by 10! 30% Chance to Graze! Support Defend Active, Hibachi will cover for Daiyousei!
What is this, Super Robot Wars? SaGa? Ah well. -Parser

>You aren't sure if it's the Kamen Rider, since the mask's completely different. The Kamen Rider's mask looks kinda buglike, but this one looks more like the mask that one guy from the TVbox wears. What was his name again....Crimson Meteor? No, no, that can't possibly be right! Vermillion Asteroid? No, that's wrong too!
>...Nope, can't correctly remember it right now, not when there's a fight going. That said, it is pretty weird that it sounds like Wriggle. Maybe she's got a twin out there somewhere or something? She is a Bug Youkai after all, it's certainly not outside the realm of possibility according to what Ran said when she talked about the various types of Youkai out there. A lot of them have a sort of hive mind thing going for them, so it's possible...
>"Eight against three isn't fair, so I'll even up the odds! Sunset Kick!" With that, the Masked Youkai jumps from her perch atop the tree, crashing into one of the fairies with an impressive Flying Kick! If it's not Wriggle, it's certainly someone else who loves to kick things.
>Seeing this, the Fairies fall back slightly to regroup, save for the one that just got kicked that is, that one's staggering a bit on account of the kick.

-The Guest Character, Masked Youkai?, has joined the party!-
~ BGM Shift! - Green Mask~

Hibachi - 66% MP 8
Rumia - 80% MP 12
Daiyousei - 92% MP 14

Guest: Masked Youkai?
Guest Status: ??

~Tutorial Corner: Sparking new Skills~

Like in the SaGa series(And Devil of Decline, if you're played that.), if you meet the requirements, you can also sometimes spark new in-battle skills on your own from here on.
Provided you take the right action in the right situation, and you meet the right requirements that is.
In this case, Support Defend is a Passive/Active toggle that you can designate to target a certain ally. It's another Cover-Type skill, much like the one Rumia has in her list.
Of course, this one's a slight bit stronger, due to being an MC Skill. For example, Rumia's doesn't have the Graze, It's just flat-out damage reduction.
Here, it auto-targeted Dai, due to her being the physically-weakest of the team. In this situation though, it might not be all that helpful though...

~New Battle Skill: Support Defense(Hibachi)~

This skill allows Hibachi to cover for an ally, and take hits in their place. But it breaks once she goes below 40%, so be careful using this!

Sorry I was so late on this... -Parser
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #695 on: February 12, 2013, 11:16:05 PM »
>Scold the parser for being very late. It's possible we could have died!

>While the fairies are regrouping, it may be a good time to use the dual-mode card, try to damage all of them though!

>Dai: Stay behind Hibachi.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #696 on: February 12, 2013, 11:27:02 PM »
> Yell at Rumia and the Masked Youkai to get out of the way and then declare Galvein Buster -Focus-.

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #697 on: March 15, 2013, 10:03:11 PM »
> Yell at Rumia and the Masked Youkai to get out of the way and then declare Galvein Buster -Focus-.
>Scold the parser for being very late. It's possible we could have died!
>While the fairies are regrouping, it may be a good time to use the dual-mode card, try to damage all of them though!
>Dai: Stay behind Hibachi.
>Since the Fairies are off-balance and regrouping, you warn everyone that you're going to use a Spellcard. At which point, they all quickly get a good distance from the battlefield, since at least Dai and Rumia know of your tendency to 'Spray and Pray', as Sanae would call it.
>Which is to say, shoot first, aim never. That said, when you pull the Spellcard out, you notice it's a tad different from before. It doesn't feel any stronger, but it looks like the name changed! Maybe it changed after that fight with the Frost Wraith?
<Spellcard Alteration! Galvein Buster has Changed to Nine Lives Buster!>
>Bolstered by the new name, you unload the spellcard! And immediately you're knocked backwards a few paces by the nigh-deafening eruption of Danmaku that issues forth!
>By the time the dust clears, you're a bit pleased to note that many of the fairies were caught completely off guard! Two somehow managed to fly through that veritable hailstorm and come out unscathed though! While most of them survived, you did manage to take at least one down, and put a big hurtin' on the rest, save for the two that managed to survive through the card. These fairies are tougher than the usual stock, wonder why?
>And unfortunately, you're feeling a bit drained from unloading that Spellcard. That one was a pretty Magic-Intensive card after all. You find yourself wondering if there isn't a way to increase your Capacity so you can fire it twice in a row instead of shooting it just once and then being almost-spent.
>Thankfully, they're completely off-balance now! Looks like you timed it just right to really make a comeback! Noticing this, the Masked Youkai leaps into the air and delivers another stunning dropkick to one of the fairies! Looks like that one's really hurting now! How'd she pull that off from such a distance without flight though? You'll have to ask Wriggle later about insects that are good at jumping or something, she mentioned during the after-party that she's the best person to ask about anything insect-related.
>Going by how things are going, you figure that another good salvo like before should be enough to finish off the stragglers, and maybe even finally put more scratches on that one command fairy that's so-far managed to elude all your attacks thus far.

Hibachi - 66% MP 2
Rumia - 80% MP 12
Daiyousei - 92% MP 14

Parser's Note: Would you guys be interested in another Text Adventure I'm tinkering with by any chance? I'll be putting YQ on a rest period after the Intermezzo 1 Chapter, so I can do this. Here's a hint. 'Mobile Fighter FS'
Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #698 on: March 15, 2013, 10:06:52 PM »
> Dive in and deliver some scratchings to the nearest fairy.
> Get Rumia's shotgun going at any weakened fairies and keep Dai on standby.

'Mobile Fighter FS'
If this has anything to do with Gundam I'm instantly sold.

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #699 on: March 16, 2013, 10:10:00 PM »
>Rumia: Attack the fairies.

>Hibachi: Meditate if we can recover from it!

Hanzo K.

• White Tiger Shikigami
« Reply #700 on: March 31, 2013, 08:24:43 PM »
> Dive in and deliver some scratchings to the nearest fairy.
> Get Rumia's shotgun going at any weakened fairies and keep Dai on standby.
>Rumia: Attack the fairies.

>Hibachi: Meditate if we can recover from it!
>You try to focus your energy, and you can almost feel it coming back to you, but you seem to be missing something. At least, that's what it feels like anyhow. You should ask someone about this, but who?
>Seeing as you aren't really getting anywhere with that, you decide to take the opportunity to pounce on one of the straggling fairies and give her a good clawing. She quickly vanishes in a puff of smoke shortly afterwards.
>Of course, the Masked Youkai doesn't let herself fall behind either, and launches yet another dropkick on another straggler, but this time she recovers from the kick faster and launches into a blistering barrage of punches! "Secret Fist! Bug Hand Crash!" And there she goes, Unloading one hell of an uppercut that sends the poor sap flying so fast she becomes a twinkle in the sky! Which she then follows up with a pretty nifty pose! "Punishment!" So cool.
>Deciding to let out a followup, Rumia unloads another shotgun-like blast, which one of the fairies actually blunders right in front of! You can't help but wince, seeing as you could almost feel it yourself. Must be that 'sympathy pain' thing that Ran mentioned once. Two of the remaining ones dodge, but the other two get clipped by a few shots that didn't hit the one fairy. Looks like it was just a glancing blow though.
>"I don't believe it! They're fighting back! Come on girls, fight harder!" Sounds like one of the ones in charge is trying to rally them for something big!
>And just as you thought, they launched an all out attack! Three of them, including one of the leaders, went right for Dai, but she managed to fend them off with a quick chain of teleports! "Th-that was close...! If that hit me, I'd be done for for sure...!"
>Rumia however, doesn't fare so well. Several big shots launched by one of the fairies that was hanging back ended up hitting her head on, knocking her back into a nearby tree! "Guh! Owww.." It's safe to say she's not much better off than you now.
>The fifth and final fairy, one of the leaders, went straight for you, but missed by a fair bit. So now's your chance to counterattack!

>_

Hibachi - 66% MP 2
Rumia - 60% MP 12
Daiyousei - 92% MP 14

Essence RO

Arbitrary Gaming~!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #701 on: April 01, 2013, 01:41:18 AM »
> Get behind the leader that rushed us and deliver some more physical punishment.
> Get Rumia to shotgun the fairies once they're in a group.

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #702 on: April 01, 2013, 02:54:12 PM »
> Also, have Dai shower them with Fairy Kunai!
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #703 on: April 02, 2013, 01:20:52 AM »
>Have Dai to bait the fairies to group them together. Prepare to jump into a fight if something bad goes on to her.
>Conditions of our crew? How about theirs?

Raitaki

• 雷滝
« Reply #704 on: April 02, 2013, 02:25:04 AM »
Well, baiting is fine, but how do you figure we bait in a danmaku battle? :V
[08:23 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki on a scale of 1 to 10 your current mafia game play is annoying as fuck
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- Raitaki, if both of us ended up as mafia
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- I would be so angry
[08:25 pm]  Aristocrat -- that I will snap and give into my rage

Kyo Tanaka

« Reply #705 on: April 02, 2013, 11:10:36 AM »
Taunt, then run away to the nearest tree for cover?