Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 140853 times)

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #960 on: April 24, 2010, 01:24:47 PM »
> We have a blank spellcard from Azalea's don't we?  If so, remember to drop by Veronica's.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #961 on: April 24, 2010, 03:43:19 PM »
>"Alright, I'll probably be back in a little while."
>Leave. Try to remember where Midori is, and go visit.
>She waves as you leave. "See you, Berkeley~"
>You try to remember which house Stella said Midori was in. You're not completely sure, but you think it's this one...
>Inside, you see a few empty tables and chairs. It does look kind of like a restaurant, so you think you got the right building. There's a potted bush in a corner, next to a window, and two closed doors leading to other rooms.
>After you enter, you hear someone yell "Just a minute!" from behind one of the doors.
> We have a blank spellcard from Azalea's don't we?  If so, remember to drop by Veronica's.
>You skim through the wad of AZALEA'S CARDS; one is indeed blank! You make a mental note to see Veronica before you leave the Village.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #962 on: April 24, 2010, 11:40:28 PM »
>Make self comfortable, and contemplate new spellcard designs.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #963 on: April 25, 2010, 12:16:47 AM »
>Make self comfortable, and contemplate new spellcard designs.
>You sit down in one of the chairs. There's a cushion, so it's rather nice; although not as good as a couch or somesuch from your world. You do manage to come up with a new spellcard design, though! You'll tell it to Veronica when you see her. Oh mister sun~
>Before long, a woman comes in through one of the doors. She's wearing a dress that looks a bit like a kimono, although not silken or as fancy looking. She's a little shorter then you, and has a japanese-looking face, with black hair set in a bun and those hair stick things.
>"I don't believe I've seen you around before. I'm Oishii Midori, and it's pleasant to meet you."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #964 on: April 25, 2010, 12:19:10 AM »
>"I'm Berkeley Malone, I just arrived yesterday. Estelle's new plaything."
>"Um, this is kinda rude, but I heard you had a faerie who stays with you? If so, I really need to talk to her."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #965 on: April 25, 2010, 12:32:30 AM »
>"I'm Berkeley Malone, I just arrived yesterday. Estelle's new plaything."
>"Um, this is kinda rude, but I heard you had a faerie who stays with you? If so, I really need to talk to her."
>"Oh, the faerie? She's good with food. Very helpful. I'll call her for you."
>She turns back to the doors and calls out "Cocoa~!"
>After a moment, a fairy comes out of the same door Midori did. She's bigger then Dotsy was, and looks more like a small human girl. She's a bit plump, and wears an outfit similar to Lily White White Mages from that Final Fantasy game, except the red parts replaced with dark brown, and the white replaced with beige.
>"Oh, someone new! I'm Cocoa Tapioca, haaaai~!" the fairy says, looking like a little bundle of joy and floating around in the air.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #966 on: April 25, 2010, 12:40:06 AM »
>Not quite so cute as Dotsy, but worth a HNNNG with 3 Ns
>Shake head, focus...
>"Hi, I'm Berkeley. I need your help to save someone's life. Or rather, I need the help of as many faeries as I can get."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #967 on: April 25, 2010, 12:53:35 AM »
>Not quite so cute as Dotsy, but worth a HNNNG with 3 Ns
>Shake head, focus...
>"Hi, I'm Berkeley. I need your help to save someone's life. Or rather, I need the help of as many faeries as I can get."
>Definitely. But, you have important business you need to do...! Focus, Berkeley, focus!
>Cocoa frowns and stops floating around. "Oh. That sounds important! And, you need lots of fairies? You should go to the Faerie Forest then! They might not let you in, though..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #968 on: April 25, 2010, 01:03:47 AM »
>"This would be why I need your help. I would like to think saving a faerie from a spider woman yesterday would help out, but I don't really know how you guys work. I was hoping you could give me some advice on that."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #969 on: April 25, 2010, 02:14:57 AM »
>"This would be why I need your help. I would like to think saving a faerie from a spider woman yesterday would help out, but I don't really know how you guys work. I was hoping you could give me some advice on that."
>"Oooh, that probably helps! And, if I was with you, that might help too... but, I haven't been there in awhile... I remember the way, though!"

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #970 on: April 25, 2010, 02:25:13 AM »
> "Thank you, do you think you could show me the way then?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #971 on: April 25, 2010, 02:27:46 AM »
>"That'd be really nice of you. Um, it's kinda dangerous out, though. I dunno how good of a body guard I'll be. As for the job itself, do you know about Jigen? The goddess, that is? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm new and things."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #972 on: April 25, 2010, 02:29:56 AM »
> "Thank you, do you think you could show me the way then?"
>She grins. "If you've got something good I can have~!"
>"That'd be really nice of you. Um, it's kinda dangerous out, though. I dunno how good of a body guard I'll be. As for the job itself, do you know about Jigen? The goddess, that is? Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm new and things."
>"That's part of the reason I haven't been to the Faerie Forest for awhile... and, umm, Jigen? I dunno who that is."

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #973 on: April 25, 2010, 02:31:59 AM »
> "Jigen is a goddess, and she is in trouble. With the aid of fairies, such as you, we may be able to help Jigen. The plants and stuff where she is are all dead or dying, and I was told that fairies are masters when it comes to nature-based stuff."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #974 on: April 25, 2010, 02:37:52 AM »
> "Jigen is a goddess, and she is in trouble. With the aid of fairies, such as you, we may be able to help Jigen. The plants and stuff where she is are all dead or dying, and I was told that fairies are masters when it comes to nature-based stuff."
>"Oooh, okay." You have a feeling she doesn't completely understand, but she probably has the gist of it.
>"Well, I'm not very good at nature stuff... I usually just do foody things! But, lots of other fairies are good with plants! I'm sure you'll find ones that can help~!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #975 on: April 25, 2010, 02:50:18 AM »
>"Food things would probably help her too."
>How long did it take to make a spellcard the first time? Long enough that it would be a significant detour from helping out Jigen?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #976 on: April 25, 2010, 02:55:21 AM »
>"Food things would probably help her too."
>How long did it take to make a spellcard the first time? Long enough that it would be a significant detour from helping out Jigen?
>Cocoa smiles happily. Cuuute~
>It probably wouldn't make much of a difference if you made another spellcard first. But it'd still take time.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #977 on: April 25, 2010, 03:13:25 AM »
>She gonna give us soul diabetes...
>Well, we need to talk with Veronica anyways. Especially if that's where Granny May ran off to.
>"I need to go prepare a couple things. I'll meet you back here in a little bit?"
>Assuming she has no issue with this, go to Veronica's house. Knock, enter when called upon.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #978 on: April 25, 2010, 03:19:53 AM »
>She gonna give us soul diabetes...
>Well, we need to talk with Veronica anyways. Especially if that's where Granny May ran off to.
>"I need to go prepare a couple things. I'll meet you back here in a little bit?"
>Assuming she has no issue with this, go to Veronica's house. Knock, enter when called upon.
>Oh man! D:
>You tell this to Cocoa. "Okay, and don't forget to bring me something good!"
>You head off to Veronica's house, and knock on the door. You hear a "Come on in!" and enter into the chaotic splatter and piles of items that makes up Veronica's house.
>"Hey there Berkeley!", says Veronica. Granny May isn't here, it seems.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #979 on: April 25, 2010, 03:24:50 AM »
>"Good news: We depetrified Masha, I found this potion at Azalea's house! She kinda went berserk though and scared off Granny May, but a good zap with the orb cleared her right up."
>"Also, I found this altar in Azalea's house, that was tied to the orb, it had a little spot for it, and crystals on it, and a nice carving of the goddess and a bunch of gems. There's apparently four more of them around, know anything about them?"
>"Oh, can you help me with a new spellcard? And...what happens if you try to use someone else's spellcards?"
>Take a breath.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #980 on: April 25, 2010, 03:35:58 AM »
>"Good news: We depetrified Masha, I found this potion at Azalea's house! She kinda went berserk though and scared off Granny May, but a good zap with the orb cleared her right up."
>"Also, I found this altar in Azalea's house, that was tied to the orb, it had a little spot for it, and crystals on it, and a nice carving of the goddess and a bunch of gems. There's apparently four more of them around, know anything about them?"
>"Oh, can you help me with a new spellcard? And...what happens if you try to use someone else's spellcards?"
>Take a breath.
>She listens to you patiently. "Afraid I don't know anything about those altars. Good thing you've fixed Masha up, though."
>"Another new spellcard? Sure! And well; it depends on the spellcard, really. You might be able to kind of use it, or else it just won't do anything at all. In any case, don't hope for much of a result in using other people's cards."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #981 on: April 25, 2010, 03:44:30 AM »
>Nod.
>"Okay. Is there any way to tell beforehand? Oh, Masha suggested I try to get the faeries to fix up Jigen's world, so I'm going to go do that. After we get this card done. Afterward, I think I'm going to go look into that Ice Palace. I think another altar is there."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #982 on: April 26, 2010, 01:12:19 AM »
>Nod.
>"Okay. Is there any way to tell beforehand? Oh, Masha suggested I try to get the faeries to fix up Jigen's world, so I'm going to go do that. After we get this card done. Afterward, I think I'm going to go look into that Ice Palace. I think another altar is there."
>"Well, if you've seen the spellcard in action before, it'd help you be able to tell if you can replicate it."
>Time to choose a spellcard to make!

----Voodoo Sign 『Suicide Victim』
Voodoo is a nice little hobby, isn't it? You don't really do it seriously, though. Regardless, it's fun to imagine to do it to people!

Create a stitchface doll out of magic, that will explode upon reaching it's target. You can control it's movement magically, leave it in a spot like a mine, or throw it.
USING THE SPELLCARD:Functions similar to a spellcard in IaMP; when you declare it, it's like an extra ability that can be used for awhile. Doesn't require effort beyond actually creating the doll with magical energy.

----Curse Sign 『Haunted by Malevolent Spirits』
Because curses and ghosts and hauntings are awesomesauce. And now, you even know a REAL ghost, Rinoa! Although, Rinoa thinks she isn't really dead, but rather that she just lost her body.

Fires something similar to a cheeto-laser, except that it continuously follows the target. Forces the opponent to keep moving around as it's being "haunted".
USING THE SPELLCARD:It doesn't require much concentration to keep up the cheeto laser, but it'll disappear if you get completely disrupted in some manner. Your ability to fire other kinds of danmaku isn't diminished too much.

----The Shining 『Mister Sun, Please Come Shine』
Not really a reference to "The Shining", but rather "Ooooh Sun, come on Mr.Sun, please come shine on me~", a fun little ditty to prance around and sing sometimes. You've gotten a few stares before, since you look borderline gothic and... that's not really something gothic people would sing. Or teenagers in general.

Turns the Goddess Orb into a shining sun. At regular intervals, the Orb shall rush over to the target's current position and "shine", releasing a burst of bright arrowhead danmaku.
USING THE SPELLCARD:Without the Goddess Orb, you can't really fire danmaku of your own! However, the spellcard doesn't require concentration to keep up, and you're free to move as you wish.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #983 on: April 26, 2010, 01:13:54 AM »
>Mr Sun sounds like a wonderful distraction, let's go with that.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #984 on: April 26, 2010, 09:58:15 PM »
> I vote Mr. Sun as well.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #985 on: April 26, 2010, 10:16:19 PM »
>You pick "The Shining 『Mister Sun, Please Come Shine』", your latest spellcard idea. You feel that the name's flow is a bit lacking, though. Maybe you'll change it later.
>After an indiscriminate amount of time and effort, you've obtained your new finished spellcard!
>"This seems like it could be really great if you use it right!", Veronica comments.

>You now have 2 Spellcards and the Goddess Orb (5th Degree)! You should be able to put up a minor fight against anything that comes your way, now.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #986 on: April 26, 2010, 10:19:40 PM »
> What does the "Fifth Degree" mean?
> Ask Veronica if she wants to join us on our new quest.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #987 on: April 26, 2010, 10:46:26 PM »
> What does the "Fifth Degree" mean?
> Ask Veronica if she wants to join us on our new quest.
>Good question. Each time you find another Altar (as they've come to be called, it seems), the Orb's power shall increase (4th, 3rd, etc).
>"There's some stuff I'd like to work on today, actually. I'm sure someone else useful would be willing to go, though!"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #988 on: April 26, 2010, 11:06:40 PM »
> "Okay then."
> Bid Veronica farewell and leave her house.
> Ponder where Rinoa floated off to.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #989 on: April 26, 2010, 11:20:39 PM »
> "Okay then."
> Bid Veronica farewell and leave her house.
> Ponder where Rinoa floated off to.
>You bid Veronica farewell and leave her house.
>You're now in the VILLAGE SQUARE. It's more round then square, though.
>Hmm, where did she go? You haven't seen her since you first got to the Village today.