Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 140858 times)

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #630 on: April 07, 2010, 03:13:23 AM »
>Look around. Does this seem like a friendly place?
>It feels absolutely serene. As you turn around, you notice a woman wearing a beautiful dress covered in rainbo(ry
>You feel as if you've known her all your life; someone you would trust with your very life in a heartbeat. She beckons you to come closer.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #631 on: April 07, 2010, 03:16:58 AM »
> Approach slowly...
> "You... you look so familiar... why can't I remember you?! Who, who are you? Where am I? Please..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #632 on: April 07, 2010, 03:23:15 AM »
> Approach slowly...
> "You... you look so familiar... why can't I remember you?! Who, who are you? Where am I? Please..."
> You walk up to her, spouting out many words. They echo around the area unnaturally, and you have a feeling your dreamworld isn't registering them. The second sentence of "Who are you?" seems to go through, however.
>"I'm your Great-Grandmother, little #$^@!", she says. The last word is garbled beyond comprehension; you think your name is what she said. But you can't remember your name, even in dreams... your Great Grandmother continues to speak. "I'd like you to bring me to the place where your parents work, okay? I'm very interested in what they do."
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #633 on: April 07, 2010, 03:24:58 AM »
> "My parents...? Who are... My parents...? Who am I...? I... Don't remember... Anything..."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #634 on: April 07, 2010, 03:29:39 AM »
> "My parents...? Who are... My parents...? Who am I...? I... Don't remember... Anything..."
>Your parents... they worked in WINTERVALE. That's right. You live in Wintervale! You can't remember what your parents did... you do remember where they work. You could lead her there. You trust this woman you've just met so much. It wouldn't hurt a thing to show her, right?

MysTeariousYukari

• Nomnomnom~
  • Hooray~
« Reply #635 on: April 07, 2010, 03:36:05 AM »
> "Please... help me... I can't remember anything!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #636 on: April 07, 2010, 03:42:12 AM »
>Take her where she wants to go. She's helping us out.
>Give the Ice Palace a last wistful glance, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #637 on: April 07, 2010, 03:50:32 AM »
> "Please... help me... I can't remember anything!"
>You hear a voice; turning around, you see a white ball of light floating behind you. "I'm very sorry for you, little girl. What has been done to you is cruel on the most sadistic level. But I cannot help you. You have to help yourself now. Through your dreams, you may be able to remember who you are, and perhaps then you will be able to recover... you just have to go along with the dreams to the best of your ability."
>The ball of light begins to fade. "It's difficult to contact you, even only in a dream... I'm afraid I must go now. Good luck!"
>Take her where she wants to go. She's helping us out.
>Give the Ice Palace a last wistful glance, though.
>You take the rainbow-dressed woman by the hand and lead her to Wintervale, giving the Ice Palace (Oh yes, that's what it is!) a last look. Your dream seems to flash by, and suddenly you're in front of a door... the door to the building where your parents work. You can feel the magic in the air, here.
>"I can't open the door; I don't have the key. But you do, I presume? Don't be shy; hand it over.", the rainbowy woman says. That's right; the door to this building is usually locked when your parents and the others are working. They shouldn't be interrupted, because that would be bad. But this woman feels so pure... she couldn't possibly have any kind of bad intention in mind.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #638 on: April 07, 2010, 03:54:39 AM »
>"They might get mad..."
>Feeling so guilty for giving her a hard time...

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #639 on: April 07, 2010, 03:58:16 AM »
>"They might get mad..."
>Feeling so guilty for giving her a hard time...
>You tell her this, and instantly feel terrible about it.
>"I'm sure it will be okay... I have something very important I need to do in there, you see?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #640 on: April 07, 2010, 04:01:09 AM »
>"Okay. It'll be fine, as long as you are on your best behavior."
>Feel back for suggesting she normally isn't on such.
>Open the door.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #641 on: April 07, 2010, 04:05:12 AM »
>"Okay. It'll be fine, as long as you are on your best behavior."
>Feel back for suggesting she normally isn't on such.
>Open the door.
>You tell her to be good, and once again feel bad about it. But then you open the door, and that rights things in your head. She heads inside.
>After a moment, you start to hear some kind of commotion happening in the building.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #642 on: April 07, 2010, 04:06:53 AM »
>This surely isn't anything bad happening due to us, but maybe we should check it out!

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #643 on: April 07, 2010, 04:07:57 AM »
>Try not to make too much ruckus, though.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #644 on: April 07, 2010, 04:09:35 AM »
>This surely isn't anything bad happening due to us, but maybe we should check it out!
>Of course, nothing bad could possibly be happening inside!
>You head in through the door. The first thing you see is someone sitting at a desk, with their head down. They seem to have spilled their drink, because there is a large pool of red liquid on the desk around their head.
>A door going further into the building is open. The commotion is getting louder.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #645 on: April 07, 2010, 04:15:46 AM »
>Head inside.
>Hope there's some towels for that spill.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #646 on: April 07, 2010, 04:16:26 AM »
>Idley wonder what flavor kool-aid that was.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #647 on: April 07, 2010, 04:20:21 AM »
>Head inside.
>Hope there's some towels for that spill.
>Idley wonder what flavor kool-aid that was.
>You head through the door, hoping to find something to wipe up the spill. Red stuff tends to stain.
>Kool-aid? Sounds like something you'd use on a cut...
>As you head further in, you reach the main room. Bodies are lying all around in various odd looking poses, and the room is covered in the red liquid you saw before. Oh, wait... that must be... which means they're all...
>The rainbow-dressed woman is at the other end of the room, slicing another person across the throat. The blood seems to slide right off her dress, but her arms and face are covered in it.

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #648 on: April 07, 2010, 04:22:01 AM »
>Get a vague sense of this being wrong, through the haze in your mind.
> "What... No... This isn't... Right..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #649 on: April 07, 2010, 04:27:38 AM »
>"What you're doing....is wrong! Why...are you doing this...thing? "

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #650 on: April 07, 2010, 04:33:50 AM »
>Get a vague sense of this being wrong, through the haze in your mind.
>This... this is wrong. It's very wrong. And you're going to try to fix that.
>You walk over to Rainbows and take the knife from her hands. She gives you a surprised stare, not realizing you had been in the room at all!
>"You shouldn't be getting this blood all over yourself!", you hear. Then you realize you're the one that said it. You walk over to a woman shuddering with fear in the corner; why is she shuddering? What Rainbows is doing must be good. She couldn't possibly do anything bad. You'll help Rainbows with her task.
>Your arm moves, and the blood flows freely. There; everyone in the room has been eliminated. This must make the world a better place, right? Rainbows is surely thinking of the greater good with her actions. And you just helped! You feel very happy inside.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #651 on: April 07, 2010, 04:41:01 AM »
>Smile!
>"Sorry about that, but it's for all the right reasons."

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2010, 04:47:52 AM »
>Smile!
>"Sorry about that, but it's for all the right reasons."
>You smile! But perhaps the blood on you is making the smile look a bit demented.
>You give a few words to the dead woman in front of you. "That's... very good of you.", Rainbows says. "I'm going to leave the village now, before this is discovered; that wouldn't do at all, if I was accused, now would it? You shall take the blame for me."
>She begins to walk out of the room.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #653 on: April 07, 2010, 04:48:53 AM »
>"Okay. What then?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #654 on: April 07, 2010, 04:51:25 AM »
>"Okay. What then?"
>"This village is far too peaceful for my liking. I'm not sure how they will react to you murdering the ones who keep up the magical barriers around Wintervale, but I quite believe you may be sentenced to death. Now be a good girl, and accept your new fate quietly."
>She walks out of the room.
>...this seems a bit wrong.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #655 on: April 07, 2010, 04:52:49 AM »
>"Can I get a different fate? This one doesn't seem all that good..."

Seian Verian

• Snuggledragon
  • Snuggles for everyone
« Reply #656 on: April 07, 2010, 04:53:00 AM »
> "This... No, this is wrong."
> Follow her

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #657 on: April 07, 2010, 04:55:29 AM »
>Try to figure out why it's wrong. Did we not do the slashing correctly? Maybe she misinterpreted her?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #658 on: April 07, 2010, 04:57:46 AM »
> "This... No, this is wrong."
> Follow her
>Try to figure out why it's wrong. Did we not do the slashing correctly? Maybe she misinterpreted her?
>This... this IS wrong. You just murdered a woman. You let Rainbows in here to murder everyone inside. They were the people who kept up the magical barriers that keep away the eternal winter; you remember this now! This is very, very wrong.
>You run after Rainbows, and catch up to her rather quickly.
>"Can I get a different fate? This one doesn't seem all that good..."
>She looks back and glares at you. Suddenly, she doesn't seem to be radiating goodness. "No. It would not be ideal to my plans."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #659 on: April 07, 2010, 05:00:15 AM »
>"But...what's the point of this? I mean...how were these people bad for your plans?"
>Try not to let growing horror overtake self.