Author Topic: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria  (Read 138809 times)

Snaka

• Do I post too fast
  • Or does everyone else post too slow
Re: Berkeley's Phantasmagoria
« Reply #30 on: March 02, 2010, 09:23:55 PM »
>Try opening the door normally?

The five magic rolling stones

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #31 on: March 02, 2010, 09:28:51 PM »
>Try opening the door normally?
>You might smack yourself in the head if you weren't so freaked out. Why didn't you try that yet? You get out of the bed (instantly missing the comfort it gave) and attempt to turn the doorknob.
>It's locked. But the strange thing is, there is nothing on the doorknob; nothing you could turn to lock/unlock it, nowhere to insert a key... maybe there's one on the other side of the door. But why would they worry about you escaping, then? Their actions don't make sense!
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #32 on: March 02, 2010, 09:43:23 PM »
> Examine room.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
« Reply #33 on: March 02, 2010, 09:44:45 PM »
I read the topic title as Barkley and came in looking for basketball. I am disappoint.

Also, >Look for an object to saw through/knock down/otherwise damage the door.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #34 on: March 02, 2010, 09:50:29 PM »
> Examine room.
>Quote
>The room seems completely bare, save the bed and carpet. The walls and ceiling are plain, and the latter is low enough to be easily reached, giving you a slight feeling of claustrophobia, despite the fact that you have no idea what that word means.
>The bed has a pillowcaseless pillow and a blanket, on top of a mattress. Searching them achieves no results, although they feel soft and inviting. Underneath the bed you find a few plastic bottles of what is probably water.
>The door is wooden, with a brass doorknob. The doorknob has no lock or keyhole on it, despite being locked, making you wonder if there's one on the other side of the door.

I read the topic title as Barkley and came in looking for basketball. I am disappoint.

Also, >Look for an object to saw through/knock down/otherwise damage the door.
>The only items in the room seem to be the bed, bottles of water, and the robe you're wearing. The robe is thin, very loose, and pocketless. You're pretty sure you didn't wear this by choice.
>You begin to feel a little tired. You wonder how long it's been since you last ate.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #35 on: March 02, 2010, 11:09:16 PM »
>You stand at the door in silence for awhile. At one point you hear the footsteps of someone coming and going. With the lack of thought or outside stimulation, you almost fall asleep leaning against the wall.
>Your current state:Really tired

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #36 on: March 02, 2010, 11:13:24 PM »
> Screw it.  We're too tired for this crap right now.  Go to the comfy bed and sleep.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #37 on: March 02, 2010, 11:17:23 PM »
> Screw it.  We're too tired for this crap right now.  Go to the comfy bed and sleep.
>You decide that you won't get anything done when you're so exhausted, and get in the bed. Aaaahh, its quite soft and inviting...
you could just...
just...

>You're dreaming. You are currently running down a hallway, terrified, in order to get away from THE THING.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #38 on: March 02, 2010, 11:24:55 PM »
>A dream, and we're aware of it?
>Conjure Candy Mecha.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #39 on: March 02, 2010, 11:26:44 PM »
>Change setting to a dark city. We are confronting a silver haired man/woman who is blind folded. We are armed with giant key. Attack the man.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2010, 11:28:04 PM »
>A dream, and we're aware of it?
>Conjure Candy Mecha.
>You... aren't sure. Maybe you're remembering something. Maybe it's a bit of both.
>You try to do so, but nothing happens.
>THE THING is faster then you; there is still a good bit of distance, but it's getting closer!

>Change setting to a dark city. We are confronting a silver haired man/woman who is blind folded. We are armed with giant key. Attack the man.
>You definitely don't have enough control over the dream for that.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:30 PM »
>Stop. Turn around and be ready to give a huge punch

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2010, 11:29:46 PM »
>Oh god this is real!
>Is THE THING hostile, or is it just chasing us?
>If the former, look for rooms to duck into.
>If the latter, slow down, see what it wants.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2010, 11:43:51 PM »
>Stop. Turn around and be ready to give a huge punch
>You turn around, and get you get an eyeful of THE THING.
>It looks like a woman; it used to be a woman. It used to be... it hurts your heart to think about that. But now it isn't, you know that.
>She calls out to you, "$!&%$#, stop running, come heeeere~". The garbled sound is your name... you can't remember your name...

>Oh god this is real!
>Is THE THING hostile, or is it just chasing us?
>If the former, look for rooms to duck into.
>If the latter, slow down, see what it wants.
>THE THING may not seem hostile now, but... oh god... it... okay, you can't remember what it did. But it was horrible. Mind-scarringly traumatic horrible. And it wants you. What you can remember, is that being caught would be worse then death...
>There is! You see a door on the hallway on the left. You look in your hand. You're holding THE KEY.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2010, 11:52:39 PM »
> Head for the door.
> Unlock the door.
> Dive into the room.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2010, 11:56:30 PM »
> Head for the door.
> Unlock the door.
> Dive into the room.
>You reach the door. It's already open, so you don't need to unlock it. But THE THING is a woman right now. It could just open the door after you close it. You lock the door with THE KEY, then dive into the room and slam it shut.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2010, 12:01:12 AM »
>Examine room.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2010, 12:11:06 AM »
>Examine room.
>This room is... familiar. It has plain walls. There is a bed. The ceiling is fairly low, you could reach it easily... you turn around. The doorknob has no keyhole on this side.
>You hear THE THING at the door.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #48 on: March 03, 2010, 12:13:06 AM »
>Is there a carpet? If so, look under it.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #49 on: March 03, 2010, 12:20:02 AM »
>"Who's there?"

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #50 on: March 03, 2010, 12:41:56 AM »
>Is there a carpet? If so, look under it.
>There is. You go to the edge of the room, and lift up a corner; there is bare floor underneath. You hear THE THING again. What if she... because, she can do that thing... you put THE KEY under the carpet. You can't give her any chance to get inside! You can't bear to think of that!
>"Who's there?"
>You feel bravery in dem bones, now that you've locked yourself in a room and hidden the key. You yell, "Who's there?" and quickly receive a response; but it isn't an answer.

"Your soul is mine."

The floor is rushing up to meet your face, and the dream fades.

>You are BERKELEY MALONE!
>You are alone in your bedroom. The sun is starting to go down.
>Today was your 16th birthday! A lot of people you know came over for the party, and even your dear mother seemed happy today. But, the party is all over now, and everyone has gone back home. Some of the presents you got were...
>Joybuzzer
>Red-Black Checkered Coat
>Shiny Earrings
>Camera

>There is one present left that your mother gave to you after the party, before she left to go to work. It is an anonymous package addressed to you for your birthday that was on your house's doorstep this morning. You didn't tell anyone at the party about it, nor did you open it with the other presents; when you're holding it, something feels... strange. It's exciting, but a little unnerving as well.

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #51 on: March 03, 2010, 12:49:23 AM »
>"Hello Mishter Box! Are you going to steal soul?" :>

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #52 on: March 03, 2010, 12:52:31 AM »
>Open it carefully, so as not to damage the box or the wrapping paper.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #53 on: March 03, 2010, 01:08:05 AM »
> WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: March 03, 2010, 01:21:25 AM »
>"Hello Mishter Box! Are you going to steal soul?" :>
Just how Berkeley would have said it. /highfive
>The box doesn't respond, but you giggle anyway.
>Open it carefully, so as not to damage the box or the wrapping paper.
>Actually, there isn't any wrapping paper. But you peel the tape off carefully.
>Inside is a CRYSTAL DOORKNOB. Wow, that's... pretty interesting! Maybe you could replace your closet doorknob with this.
>There is also a note. On one side it says, "I hereby invite you to play a game with me. Time is of the essence if you want to win; don't dawdle."
The other side... it seems blank when you look at it. But as you look away, out of the corner of your eye, you think you see something written; but upon looking again, nothing's there.
>What a weird present. Awesome!

COPIRIGHTO

• Hello I'm Kaguya
  • and I'm a LOOONEY
« Reply #55 on: March 03, 2010, 01:24:03 AM »
>"I'm going to Narnia!"
>Ponder how we're going to get the knob off our close

« Reply #56 on: March 03, 2010, 01:24:48 AM »
>Examine the Crystal Doorknob.
>Look around for a screwdriver.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
« Reply #57 on: March 03, 2010, 01:28:17 AM »
> Look at the back of the note through our peripheral vision in an attempt to read the disappearing text.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #58 on: March 03, 2010, 01:32:00 AM »
>Try putting the blank side of the note under some heat, like a desk lamp, to see if it reveals any invisible ink.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #59 on: March 03, 2010, 01:48:27 AM »
>"I'm going to Narnia!"
>Ponder how we're going to get the knob off our close
>Yippee!
>Maybe if you had a screwdriver.
>Examine the Crystal Doorknob.
>Look around for a screwdriver.
>It's purple, and... well, it looks flawless. That strange feeling you had before is much stronger as you touch the doorknob.
>You remember seeing one in the kitchen this morning.
> Look at the back of the note through our peripheral vision in an attempt to read the disappearing text.
>You can't do anything more then tell that something seems to be there when you aren't really looking at it.
>Try putting the blank side of the note under some heat, like a desk lamp, to see if it reveals any invisible ink.
>You don't have anything like that in your room. But you're pretty sure invisible ink doesn't suddenly turn visible in peripheral vision.