Author Topic: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver  (Read 122857 times)

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
Re: RPG - Waking Up From the Dream (Discussion Thread) 2nd ver
« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2009, 12:46:24 PM »
well we still have MTG's NSFW thread as well...if you want to use that post. Post it there. Details are up top under my first post. Your a new player so you probably didn't know but we're trying to keep this thread as reader safe as possible and if you wish to post anything outside that boundary MTG provided a thread for that. Just another option...but i guess you should listen to Trance since he's one of our GMs.
Besides Mokou has to be there to watch the rest of the "games" anyway haha.

Thank's for the information, I really didn't know about this, though I don't know if I'll put this to use or not, but now I got ideas from this post, though it's probably not going to happen any time soon.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
  • PM me for hot cyber action.
« Reply #31 on: May 18, 2009, 01:31:09 PM »
Forgive me...

Gpop

« Reply #32 on: May 18, 2009, 04:26:05 PM »
Alright well I posted my part for now. Well since I'm not really in this contest I'm going to start posting the rest of day 3. This includes:

-Getting the stuff for our rooms
-Merlin waking up
-Learning magic with Jan
-Other stuff

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #33 on: May 18, 2009, 05:46:34 PM »
Round 1 is finished. I already had a talk with Koji and he is going to contact Zei to post the second round of the Maid vs Maid filler event.

Jan-san's white team:1
Owlbear's red team: 0

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #34 on: May 18, 2009, 06:37:04 PM »
Uhm... Considering the fact there's no set dates in this... If Arreku came back from Tokyo on day 1, and was walking through the forest on day 2, would that make day 1 a Sunday? Then Arreku would have to leave for Tokyo on day 7, a Saturday... Is this okay?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #35 on: May 18, 2009, 08:26:40 PM »
- - -
« Last Edit: January 24, 2017, 01:13:42 PM by Helepolis »

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #36 on: May 18, 2009, 08:50:43 PM »
Wasn't it gonna be a raid on the RAI base?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
  • Touhou, Disgaea, Neptunia. Holy Trinity
« Reply #37 on: May 18, 2009, 08:54:17 PM »
Well Zei and I shall be starting our parts soon. I'm gonna go first since he has to perform at some concert today in 3 hours. hehe. be expectant and enjoy the show ze.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #38 on: May 18, 2009, 09:09:06 PM »
*inane babbling about how you're taking too long*

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #39 on: May 18, 2009, 09:34:13 PM »
Wasn't it gonna be a raid on the RAI base?

this is what Anthony and his friend (he still isn't finished with his profile) was going to do, and they aren't going to join the others at the shrine until after the raid, which the entrance will probably be unexpected, just be prepaired that it's going to be one from the air, also, my friend decided to take Reised II also to make a better plot with how the Watatsuki sisters got captured, it we are able to do it that way, now I just hope that he's ready by day 5.

Also, this plan is somewhat build on this idea http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity

just minus the Machine guns, and some other things.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 09:36:53 PM by Anthony »

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #40 on: May 19, 2009, 01:26:15 AM »
Well Zei and I made some mistakes there cleaning up. I made a mess and Zei broke some windows. haha. Judges score please! XD ahha.
See the patterns, feel the patterns, become one with the patterns, avoid the patterns
In order to live through the patterns, you must understand the patterns for everything else there is MASTER SPARK.

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #41 on: May 19, 2009, 01:57:52 AM »
Uhh, Wouldn't that be a bad idea? I recall having a discussion with Mad about the base and he read this Overlord list thingy.

I took a glance at it, and if he based the "Graveyard" off any part of that lsit, we are so screwed.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #42 on: May 19, 2009, 02:34:01 AM »
Err, what effects does Dark Mana have, exactly?

Kojiremi

• Crimson Asuratic
« Reply #43 on: May 19, 2009, 02:53:02 AM »
Corruption. Degradation. Negative effects. etc.
Its like wielding Darkness but its power is wieldin you instead.
That's how I see it anyway since we went through that mess before you came. Its not a good type of energy.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2009, 02:59:47 AM »
Now... Say a Dark Mana generator was fused to a person via an electricity/mana burst...

mad

« Reply #45 on: May 19, 2009, 03:02:58 AM »
@Anthony

this is what Anthony and his friend (he still isn't finished with his profile) was going to do, and they aren't going to join the others at the shrine until after the raid, which the entrance will probably be unexpected, just be prepaired that it's going to be one from the air, also, my friend decided to take Reised II also to make a better plot with how the Watatsuki sisters got captured, it we are able to do it that way, now I just hope that he's ready by day 5.

Also, this plan is somewhat build on this idea http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/RefugeInAudacity

just minus the Machine guns, and some other things.

You better have defense against machine guns, poison gas, and whatever Shinjiro and Yagi are packing. A successful raid would mean that the RAI will have guys on every corner. While you shouldn't be engaging the ships directly, they have heavy defenses.

I advise sneak attack, but those air vents are too small for humans and the corridors are straight and brightly it. Also, your RAI character needs to be competent. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be captain of the guard now would he? This does mean that basic precautions have been taken. The standard guard has nightvision, an assault rifle, anti-magic gas grenades, gas mask, combat knife, and body armor.

These guys travel in pairs and sweep up and down as well as left to right. Also, the captain of the guard should be well-versed in good prison guard tactics. These guards are supposed to be good at what they do.

I want to see you crush competent opponents.

Another option is a raid on a convoy. Were the RAI tank battalions retconned? If they weren't, you'll have to deal with a few tanks. For added challenge or audacity, they might store the target IN the tanks, though I see it reasonable for them to use a truck. If they use a truck, what are you going to do about the others you're not taking. That is a truckload of Gensokyoites we're talking about.

@Zei

I find it odd that Eirin and Reisen have not interacted since they left Gensokyo.

@Pedonymous

It's the corrupted memories. They should do a mindrape even greater than what Eirin never did. This mana burns out the mana circuits of those in the area, or at least some of them. It is responsible for the dark storm on Day 3. The RAI are trying to firgure out what to do with it. You won't see it in the same area as RAI, unless those RAI are willing to disobey orders. MTG would have more information though.

There is no such thing as a dark mana generator. A mana generator can be calibrated for it. That graft would probably prove fatal or endless mindrape.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

E-Nazrin

• .... what're you looking at?
  • fuwafuwa pachipachi
« Reply #46 on: May 19, 2009, 03:13:03 AM »
We don't have any dark mana generators. Eirin had to subvert the one on the Sky Ray because it was a severe emergency. Right now, there's no such problem, plus no significant Dark Mana sources around.

No opportunity for something like that anytime soon.

... as for mechanics, I didn't pick up on that entirely myself. But yeah, it's very very bad for you. I bullshitted up an explanation of how the poor souls that had to channel it got so injured, but I don't know if it's what MTG had in mind.
There was something here once. Wonder what...

mad

« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2009, 03:22:32 AM »
Well, here is a question that was never answered.

"How did the mana get corrupted in the first place?"

I see that it was created from bad memories. We need memories to recreate Gensokyo. It did not specify which ones. It is, however, much more preferable to use good ones.

I thought there were no dark mana sources, these pockets merely wandered the multi-verse. The dark mana must be generated whenever a bad memory is made and regular mana for other memories. Suddenly, the idea of Akyu replacing Haruhi entered my mind.
Little did he know, the shed was near Yuyuko, who was in a role-play of Dune. As a sandworm.

Pedonymous

• Creepy As Hell
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2009, 03:25:36 AM »
If channeled properly, it'd be a hell of a way to go out, that's Final Boss material you've got there... But I'm almost definetely gonna stay away from... that. Yeah.

« Reply #49 on: May 19, 2009, 06:05:02 AM »
And that convoy shall be the new Raate-road.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #50 on: May 19, 2009, 08:03:32 AM »
@Anthony

You better have defense against machine guns, poison gas, and whatever Shinjiro and Yagi are packing. A successful raid would mean that the RAI will have guys on every corner. While you shouldn't be engaging the ships directly, they have heavy defenses.

I advise sneak attack, but those air vents are too small for humans and the corridors are straight and brightly it. Also, your RAI character needs to be competent. If he wasn't, he wouldn't be captain of the guard now would he? This does mean that basic precautions have been taken. The standard guard has nightvision, an assault rifle, anti-magic gas grenades, gas mask, combat knife, and body armor.

These guys travel in pairs and sweep up and down as well as left to right. Also, the captain of the guard should be well-versed in good prison guard tactics. These guards are supposed to be good at what they do.

I want to see you crush competent opponents.

Another option is a raid on a convoy. Were the RAI tank battalions retconned? If they weren't, you'll have to deal with a few tanks. For added challenge or audacity, they might store the target IN the tanks, though I see it reasonable for them to use a truck. If they use a truck, what are you going to do about the others you're not taking. That is a truckload of Gensokyoites we're talking about.

I was originally planning on makeing it more of a "smash and grab with a car thats armored like a tank going 200+ miles per hour, equiped with repaired and reworked military prototypes, and with the driver (my character) being an insane maniac" idea, but then a convoy could work just as well with less problems, plus makes more sense that we're just able to make to release 3 characters, and I still can use my escape chase scene too, and it would work with having the girls in tanks for this idea, insted of having a convoy truck, because when you think about it, all of the girls wouldn't be all captured at the same time would they?

Also, if they were to have gunships, would it be ok it one of them was a Hind D? this is just for the metal gear joke of Snake and Hind D's

And one last question, the artifical mana generators, the ones that are used to keep the captured girls alive, are these something like medical equipment that isn't easily moved, or is it something small and compact, and how many cats would one produce?

edit: and I'm going to need someway to pry tanks open without harming the people inside them, wait, I think I got it, and it fits perfectly to what I was oriiginally planning

Also, if people wanted to know why I was talking about military prototypes for the car, my character got them by fixing failed and old prototypes that are in the military junkyard, and most of this equipment gets like 5 shots at max or so due to several factors 1.limited ammo for that weapon 2. the prototype may have not been able to be repaired fully and will break at certain times, 3. possible other influences, as in unwanted matience by a kappa or sabotauge,
either way, the prototypes only go as a jet booster and some high strength armor plating, along with a super engine, either way, this stuff won't last that long in this RP, like half a day or so, and there will be catastrophic faillure of some of these prototypes at the worse points of time,

god I'm such a jerk to my characters at times, all so to see how I can get them out of the situation.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 08:25:24 AM by Anthony »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #51 on: May 19, 2009, 08:06:51 AM »
(15:56) ?TranceHime: zzz
(15:59) ?Kajira: stop sleeping =p
(16:00) ?TranceHime: Just...? I haven't posted ONCE since I arrived here
(16:00) ?TranceHime: because I haven
(16:00) ?TranceHime: my char hasn't been bunnied by anyone (I permit it as long as it's something my char would do)

T______T

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #52 on: May 19, 2009, 10:12:41 AM »
Zei & Koji, I didn't quite see a conclusion in your round 2 posts, or is that going to occur? Or is it my engrish again?

Gpop

« Reply #53 on: May 19, 2009, 12:31:53 PM »
(15:56) ?TranceHime: zzz
(15:59) ?Kajira: stop sleeping =p
(16:00) ?TranceHime: Just...? I haven't posted ONCE since I arrived here
(16:00) ?TranceHime: because I haven
(16:00) ?TranceHime: my char hasn't been bunnied by anyone (I permit it as long as it's something my char would do)

T______T

Oh I KNOW how to get you involved, and I don't think you wanna.

ES-Anthy

• *Roll*
  • *fwump*
« Reply #54 on: May 19, 2009, 12:44:31 PM »
Oh I KNOW how to get you involved, and I don't think you wanna.

Oh man, now that sounds tempting.... but then I got a friend to get in gear to get into this RP before day 5 starts so we can officially do a raid on a convoy with a car that has more gadgets on it than the Mach 5, and 20 time more destructive, and 200% more likely to become scrap within the same day.

Also, I changed Tony to a different job to fit his strengths better and made him less like a jonny, and now I need to make a new team name for him, dang.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2009, 12:47:08 PM by Anthony »

« Reply #55 on: May 19, 2009, 12:54:23 PM »
you make me cry

Caber Knight Etch-A-Sketch

• The return of something
« Reply #56 on: May 19, 2009, 01:17:52 PM »
@ Anthony( or anyone else plannign on a raid) I think the only one who would approve of the tank raid would be me and Madness. I think I pissed off everyone after that Sky Ray incident, so are you to join the ranks of people whopiss off other people with large mechanical thingys?

If you really want to go through with the raid, consider using jeeps and maybe one or two armored cars.

Gpop

« Reply #57 on: May 19, 2009, 01:23:04 PM »
Oh man, now that sounds tempting....

But I won't because it's what got me probated in the first place =/.

mad

« Reply #58 on: May 19, 2009, 01:28:42 PM »
Those ships were cruiser-class vessels. However, there is plenty of air support. Go for it, a Hind fleet if you so desire. Unless, one of the GMs decides to speak against it.

« Reply #59 on: May 19, 2009, 01:31:32 PM »
But I won't because it's what got me probated in the first place =/.
oh lol

a Hind fleet
I'm against it because it's against all logic

fine, this story has no logic but neither does a FLEET OF HINDS