Author Topic: Anybody else excited for Arkham Knight?  (Read 1342 times)

flyingflames13

• I shouldn't have shitposted
  • Was banned for making a bane joke 10/10
Anybody else excited for Arkham Knight?
« on: January 26, 2015, 05:31:12 AM »
I'm pretty much in love with Arkham Asylum, i never got the chance to play the other two games, but when Arkham Knight comes out, i'm probably gonna buy it. Anybody else interested in the game?
The Dark Knight Returns was amazing
The Dark Knight Strikes Again was... shit...

flyingflames13

• I shouldn't have shitposted
  • Was banned for making a bane joke 10/10
Re: Anybody else excited for Arkham Knight?
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 02:02:27 PM »
I guess that question kinda answered itself .-.
The Dark Knight Returns was amazing
The Dark Knight Strikes Again was... shit...

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Re: Anybody else excited for Arkham Knight?
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 06:40:23 AM »
Nah I'm pretty sure there are some batman fans on these boards, and I don't mean an amount you can count on one hand.

Anyway I really enjoyed the first Arkham game, and have the next 2 too... I BELIEVE most people prefer the 2nd or 3rd the most out of the 3, and virtually nobody likes the first the most... but me.. but even then everyone still likes the first. To me the 2nd game kinda was boring in terms of setting. Everything looked like a construction site, like...EVERYTHING. 3 was better in this regard for sure but it too felt less cool outdoors... Felt more like a generic city... I felt the outdoor area in the first game, every square meter of it was really interesting to explore and discover.

Of course everything else in the series was great, the combat was fun and good despite how simple and easy it was, though again maybe the first was more fun to me because it promoted you to use your abilities and whatnot every 5 or 8 combo points. But in the future ones if you DIDNT use em, you entered some kind of super SUPER slowmotion mode where you can left-click on anyone like across the entire world and you'd jump up and smack their face. It was powerful and useful for sure, but it felt like it encouraged you to hoard your combo count forever rather than use it.

Of course all three games encouraged you to use moves you didn't really want to for maximum score for takedown variety or whatever it's called, but I kinda ignored that once I had enough points to buy everything I wanted unless I was doing the trial thing.

To me though, as someone who likes challenging games, batman is like zelda... really easy but still a total blast!