Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 113151 times)

DiEnd

• DiEnd
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #510 on: July 17, 2011, 03:31:20 PM »
huh, I assumed the full name counted...

"Bard is Cute"

I'm not sure if this is supposed to be confusion or a taunt. Do you want a wagon on you?

Well I had a wagon on me in day one, with a max of 4 votes, then every left the wagon for Mala or Just.
Well, its kind of a reminder, due to the fact that I'm starting to feel ignored. >.>
Plus, I'm starting to miss that pressure...makes me work harder.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #511 on: July 17, 2011, 04:02:03 PM »
Yuan and One, could you both post "Bard is cute," like so? "Bardiche" doesn't count.

Mikhail is interesting!  :3 Notice the number of players alive~

I know its a good thing to have options open, But I'm finding you alittle 2 pushy about saying what is needed to be said to day-vig...but if it was just a correction then thats fine. But why did you specifically ask about Yuan saying it when, there were others who have yet to say it?...

Also for your Mikhail thing...Me No understand.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #512 on: July 17, 2011, 04:28:23 PM »
...i give up

Bard is cute

god damn exactness

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #513 on: July 17, 2011, 04:36:00 PM »
Votecount the I Refuse To Keep Track

Mala (1): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past
Miya (4): One, Book of the Past, Iffrita, Moonin
Moonin (1): Mala
Iffrita (3): Yuan, Navarus, Miya, Depore

Depore (0): Iffrita
Orwen (0): Mikhail

Not Voting: Navarus, Xix

Bard Is Cute (7) - LYNCHED

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 25 23 hours and 30 minutes until Night 2.

Bard's cuteness has been lynched. Now only grumpy Bard remains. And grumpy Bard docks two hours from your deadline.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #514 on: July 17, 2011, 04:43:57 PM »
Bard's cuteness has been lynched. Now only grumpy Bard remains. And grumpy Bard docks two hours from your deadline.
>_> I hope that's just flavor for time deduction for this game's horrible activity.

Mikhail isn't in the game right now.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #515 on: July 17, 2011, 04:49:14 PM »
I know its a good thing to have options open, But I'm finding you alittle 2 pushy about saying what is needed to be said to day-vig...but if it was just a correction then thats fine. But why did you specifically ask about Yuan saying it when, there were others who have yet to say it?...
I asked Yuan because she popped in without saying it. I don't consider her a priority though. The person I'm waiting for has yet to grace us with his presence.

Also
[12:49:35] <Bardiche> It is flavour.
[12:49:39] <Bardiche> You may quote that.
Troll mods. >_>

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #516 on: July 17, 2011, 04:56:43 PM »
Oh, that's actually game related? I'm sorry Book.

Bard is cute.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #517 on: July 17, 2011, 05:00:00 PM »
All right, so, I'm finally awake. Was up later than I expected last night. I'll be rereading from the start of the day and possibly ISOing Miya and Iffrita if I can't come to a conclusion from the claimsterfuck we have going on.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #518 on: July 17, 2011, 05:20:03 PM »
Oh God both claims were SO SO awful.

Look, Iffrita, you claimed as if you knew you had been tracked. If you were just worried about an insane cop, you probably wouldn't have thrown in your targetting. I find it incredibly hard to believe that a Tracker ~*~never occurred to you~*~

Miya, I'm going to ISO you and probably find a lot of Iffrita hate. You have at least 50% of a linchpin on her and you...bait her into fullclaiming and don't push it with a vote? Seriously?

Argh, I want to vote both killed and mangled. They can both be scum, right?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #519 on: July 17, 2011, 05:24:01 PM »
I considered the possibility that both were scum and rejected it. Neither of the two were shaping up the be the primary lynch wagons for today; I don't see why scum would deliberately draw attention to themselves. Unless it's a really stupid gambit.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #520 on: July 17, 2011, 05:26:41 PM »
@Book: I know, I know. I really tried to work it. The closest I could get was Miya being superbussed so Iffrita gets super town cred, and they both fucked it up incredibly hard. And you're right, that's absolutely illogical. Iffrita seems like the type of person who would oppose such a dumb plan anyway.

I'll admit that rereading Iffrita gives me weird gut tingles against her, but that could be bias. Like...she's there and everything but I guess I feel like she uses a lot of padding with her posts?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #521 on: July 17, 2011, 05:30:09 PM »
Um...another point I'll note is that Iffrita, after Miya's claim, basically was treating her as town. "Oh you must be an insane cop" sort of things. Why the blazes did she change from MIYA IS SCUM PLEASE DIE AFTER DEPORE to that? It's flimsy, but it honestly feels like she KNEW Miya was town, and is appealing to her that way in hopes of getting Miya off of her caught self. The change makes no sense given both that roles are not related to alignment AND that the claim was more tailored for a tracker result than a supposed insane cop result...

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #522 on: July 17, 2011, 05:35:39 PM »
Miya's ISO is incredibly flimsy but her actions flow SLIGHTLY better than Iffrita's. While early on, Miya had an Iffrita case, she dropped it in favor of one. What makes this interesting is I'm wondering why she tracked Iffrita over One. Also, Miya, do you think One is still scum?

Anyway, I'm perfectly ok with Iffrita being shot or lynched. Her inconsistencies and apparent bargaining with the cop weigh far worse than Miya's excitedness.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #523 on: July 17, 2011, 05:41:16 PM »
I agree that Iffrita's claim seemed to be tailored to fit a Tracker result and that her Miya clear was completely out of the blue. I like her position in the entire claim situation less than Miya's, but Miya really really feels like she's trying to lurk out the day, WHICH IS WHY I WANT HER TO POST.

As for the padding point, I'm not sure but I think that's just a playstyle quirk.

Eh, I guess I'm okay with Iffrita getting shot I suppose if that's what the majority wants. I would still prefer to shoot Miya. Either way, Miya needs to post.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #524 on: July 17, 2011, 05:50:28 PM »
Ah, One! What do you think of Iffrita and Miya? With or without the claim situation.

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #525 on: July 17, 2011, 05:59:35 PM »
@Mala: I think some of your concerns can be addressed with something very simple. Shame on myself for not doing it sooner (and shame on Just for not doing it on Day 1 to further drive the point home).

@Mod: Will potential/real LYLOs and MYLOs be announced?

If LYLOs and MYLOs get announced then we would have recieved an announcement a day sooner than expected due to the algebra I cited earlier unless Bard is a tremendous asshole mod. The existence of other roles causing speed-ups in *YLO announcements will be discovered in the massclaim that will almost invariably follow an early *YLO announcement, because everyone is going to want to know what the hell is going on.

Leaving Just alive would have been necessary, yes. There are occasionally claims where this is the best course of action. Beloved Princess, for example.

Now, even though I think all of your concerns are quite addressable (as demonstrated above), they are still reasonable concerns. Ask yourself why Orwen did not consider any of these concerns with Just's claim, instead opting to cite something far less relevant to Just's justification (Justification?) to excuse changing his vote. Like I said before,

I don't know about anyone else in this game, but if I'm suddenly suspicious of the counterwagon to my preferred lynch due to something of theirs seeming to contradict the rules, I'd be sure to read over the rest of their posts just to be sure I didn't miss anything important.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #526 on: July 17, 2011, 06:14:57 PM »
I'm here.

I find it possible that Miya is pushing her post back as long as possible so that she doesn't have to say "Bard is cute" and become a viable dayvig target, forcing Book to target me. This worries me.

I'm writing up an actual case on Miya right now, for whatever that's worth. The recent posts have given me the impression that everybody only cares about the post-claim actions when deciding who to vote for, but if people actually listen to me, then that'd be excellent~

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #527 on: July 17, 2011, 06:37:55 PM »
@Depore: The big problem with your math is it would require us to let someone who had been rather scummy acting to live to lylo. That would be incredibly foolish. Letting her "prove her claim" would have been ludicrous, since even the proof of the claim would have put us in a situation where we had left a possible scum alive to lylo, AND to control a vote. That was simply unacceptable. (Though it turns out that she just moved a vote at the start of the day, it didn't actually *stick*. That wasn't exactly clear though, now was it?)

@Iffrita: I weighed your pre claim actions as well. The best I can say about my feelings on them were that they felt hollow. I'm not sure how to elaborate that because I don't entirely understand it myself. It's basically a gut read with slight reasoning.

Still, looking forward to the case on Miya. Don't forget to post other suspicions before we make a decision, though (you probably already have, just reiterating them all in one post and putting your strongest points out there would be about the most pro town thing you could do)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #528 on: July 17, 2011, 06:45:30 PM »
##Unvote

My gut is screaming at me loudly over Xix right now, more so than any other player. He wasn't around yesterday's crucial juncture when we were making the end of day wagons, and after about 36 hours of Miya v. Iffrita we still have no idea where he stands on them. I don't like his promises of getting back to us with content after he made the same promise at the end of day 1 either, it could be hours still until we get content out of him. I'm tired of giving his lurking a free pass, and he hasn't said anything that made me feel particularly good about him.

##Vote: Xix

I agree that Miya needs to post now. Her lurking today and her early lack of a vote on Iffrita looks terrible. While I think she's more likely to be town than Iffrita, it bothers me a lot because Miya's play is far more suspicious than Iffrita's, and under normal circumstances I would prefer a Miya lynch. The things that bother me about Iffrita's claim are mostly minor slips or omissions - Had Iffrita told us no quick topic was created, we wouldn't have needed Mikhail to use his power to bring Navarus back, and there was also the minor slip where she said she visited UK last night instead of Navarus. Small errors and omissions like that make me think she is more likely to be scum than Miya. Which is a pity, because her old content was really good. I would really like for Iffrita to post updated reads based on recent posts, rather than referring us back to her opener for the day. Iffrita will be my preferred lynch at deadline of the two.

-cut-

I look forward to it, Iffrita.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #529 on: July 17, 2011, 06:49:33 PM »
Orwen: Your vote is very interesting. Anyway, how is visiting UK instead of Navarus a slip? I claimed who I was in my first post. Secondly, I think Mikhail bringing me back was logical, though it might have been a bit early. That said, she couldn't have known that I'd be able to be revived, unless Mikhail were scum (which has it's own points against her).

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #530 on: July 17, 2011, 06:58:39 PM »
Orwen: Your vote is very interesting. Anyway, how is visiting UK instead of Navarus a slip? I claimed who I was in my first post. Secondly, I think Mikhail bringing me back was logical, though it might have been a bit early. That said, she couldn't have known that I'd be able to be revived, unless Mikhail were scum (which has it's own points against her).

It's not so much a slip, as something that bothered me. I asked her for the content of the post concerning her night action, and I asked her to clarify it, because the night action response pm would never have said she visited UK's room, it would have said she visited Navarus's room. I'm actually a little surprised it said she visited anyone's room at all, since Moonin said his only told him that he failed, and it didn't tell him who he failed to neighborize.

It's more accurate to say Iffrita is more likely to be lying about her role than Miya, and thus more likely to be scum than Miya, than to say I think Iffrita is scum.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #531 on: July 17, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Fair enough. I agree that it does need to be distinguished that Iffrita is likely lying about her role, and this doesn't necessarily MEAN she's scum. It's just incredibly likely given there's a HUGE scum motivation for lying about her role in this situation.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #532 on: July 17, 2011, 07:56:32 PM »
I'm not lying about my role. :shrug: I don't know what I would have to lie about in this situation.

Huge post is almost done, but needs to be proofread. Expect it soon~

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2011, 08:02:37 PM »
So hey, let's talk about why Miya is classic lurkscum.

Miya #83
The amount of "you are suspicious" paragraphs thrown out here without any real clear priorities here are incredibly disconcerting in hindsight. Considering the way Miya's D1 activity levels panned out, I think that this was the action of lurkscum attempting to test the waters - when she returned, she would be able to observe how D1 had panned out, and pick a target that meshed well with the current status of the day while looking suspicious. Voting an unlikely target (me) gave her the ability to not look like a blatant wagon jumper early in the day, making it significantly more difficult for players to pin anything on her first serious post. I feel that Miya was basically using her #83 to coast by until her next post. People tend not to LALu on D1, so the only charge that could be used to bring attention to her would not actually earn her any votes.

Miya #244
More blatant setting up. Due to the nature of her #83 she was pretty much free to pick and choose which of the easy targets she mentioned earlier that she could jump on to, and she went for the two wagons with the most support at the time. One's wagon had two votes plus slight support from UK, who had previously claimed that One's flip would assist her even though she backed off of his wagon, while Just's wagon had two votes plus support from me. Both of these wagons had obvious enough cases that they were likely to gain more voters as well. The whole post was basically Miya cheering on the two wagons with the most promise of taking off while neglecting the case on her "#1 scum" (me), which makes me wonder if Miya ever truly had me as her main case in the first place. Due to the massively tied nature of that point in the day, there was still time to push her case on me and possibly open the other players' eyes up to it if it were reasonable, but she chose to give in and attack the wagons instead while neglecting to push her case on me. Playing town requires you to actually convince players that you're right about who you think is scum, and Miya made no effort to actually do this. I think that the case on me was an illusion coming from scum!Miya due to the lack of conviction she had. It was only an excuse for her to avoid looking like she was wagon jumping early in the day, and also to later attempt to hang me in a claim conflict.

Miya #291. Oh boy.
I'm not going to mince words here. This post is absolutely terrible giving the circumstances of the day, and the fact that she later tried to actually claim townie cred over it because Just flipped third party is ridiculous. It also continues the trend started in post #244 of Miya failing to actually push for her preferred lynches like a townie would and instead giving into the largest wagons, which fits in quite well with scum's agenda. Indeed, scum doesn't care which players get lynched earlygame so long as the lynched players are not them. They have no real reason to care about their "main cases" beyond attempting to look townie. On D1, Miya acted as if she was lazy scum avoiding pushing her cases because she knew she could just get away with setting up hops to the big wagons and letting town do her work for her.

Aside from this, the way that Miya essentially forced Just to be the the day's lynch while people were discussing other options and she herself was considering other players as scum is awful. I would not be particularly surprised if she was covering for a member of the scum team who was being pushed as an alternate option to Just at that point. Given that Miya said she'd be back for deadline, she doesn't even have the excuse that it was her last chance to get a serious vote out before deadline.

Miya #341
I'm pretty sure that just about everybody has attacked Miya's failure to actually vote me in this post at this point, but nobody has actually thought about why scum!Miya would actually do so, so allow me to take a crack at it.

My theory is that scum!Miya wanted leeway in case my night action was easily provable. Scum knew that I ended up targeting UK last night, either through a hijacker or tracker, but they had no way of knowing what my night action actually did. If it was proven that my action was not the nightkill, then not only would scum!Miya be incapable of attacking me over this for the rest of the day, but I would probably end up becoming cleared, since scum tend not to target the players who are getting nightkilled. I think that Miya realized this and her scum nature caused her to leave her vote blank, since she knew I was town and that this was a very real possibility anyway.

While we're on the subject of this post, I think her misguided attempt to claim some townie cred was likely so she could look better if the Miya/Iffrita spat did indeed happen and the other townies bought into it. The timing there looks pretty bad to me.

Everything after her initial accusation is just blatant lurkscum play. She's putting off her posts for as long as possible watching me trip over myself and letting town clean up for her. There's no real pro-active scumhunting or pressure against me, she's just relying on the rest of the players doing her dirty work for her without actually having to get too involved in the scuffle. Seriously, look at this post. Almost all the points are parroted off of other players or inaccurate due to misrepping or hyperbole. She is not even pushing an actual case on me beyond ~ROLE SHENANIGANS~ anymore, which is a very easy way for scum to get players lynched without actually having to play the game and scumhunt to look town. Her actual case on me was ditched when she gave in to delicious wagonhops even though she could have attempted to push it further.

Really, Miya in general is basically an excellent example of scum deciding to lurk everything out while letting town do all the work for her. She uses her rare posts to set up room for late-day wagon jumps after town trips over itself and makes the actual cases. Not only is this scummy behavior, but it's also pretty much one of the most effective ways to play scum, and it bugs me to no end that everybody is letting her get away with it. If you don't believe me, then just look at the way this entire day has played out. How much of it is Miya pushing for her fabled ~SCUM IFFRITA LYNCH~, and how much of it is Miya sitting back while other players pile on me over derp mistakes I made, allowing her to get away with not actually doing anything? Also, her smarmy attitude is really annoying and makes me want to take QUALITY parenting lessons from Rosa. So yeah, Miya needs to be sentenced to death today.

---

Other things!
@Neo Deporela: uh, why are you voting me again? Of course I'm going to end up being more reactive while Miya acts more proactive, those are our roles in the current situation. If I had suspicious role information on Miya, then she would have likely been the reactive one instead. Furthermore, I disagree that Miya has ever truly been as "proactive" as you say - she failed to actually vote me in her opening post, and after she voted me her only posts were responding to my attacks on her before she dropped off the face of the earth again The rest of your content looks pretty solid compared to Oldepore's, but your stance on the Miya/Iffrita scuffle seems rather flimsy to me.

@UK: I had considered a tracker, but then I assumed that the tracker would have been told my initial intent of targeting Moonin and that I was redirected. A watcher would have seen the person who actually did the nightkill, so a cop was the only real possibility I could think of barring a complete oddball role. Except I guess Bard doesn't use trackers that way.

@Orwen: It said Demon Navarus in the flavor, obviously. I said UK because it made the post easier to type, and also decreases my chances of the mod thinking I'm getting too close to modkill territory. They're the exact same person anyway, I'm not sure why you're looking into this. Also, I want to shank you for the amount of "Iffrita would be town if it wasn't for role shenanigans" you're posting, because role shenanigans are not a replacement for scumhunting. Augh.

My alternate picks for scum right now are Depore, whose D1 was basically a goldmine of scum intent as old!Depore basically followed the collective of opinion of the overall town on who to lynch, and Mala, who used the prodding from other players about her opinions to slowly increase her amount of end-of-D1 wagon jumps before popping out of activity altogether and hopping on the Just wagon despite not even having an opinion on Just before she was asked to.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2011, 08:12:47 PM »
Ah, One! What do you think of Iffrita and Miya? With or without the claim situation.

@Miya: I actually need her to post again, her end day post was
Hey. I said I would vote for this even though I would prefer a One lynch but yaknow 4 hours or something to deadline.

I shall be back in a few hours for more talk~
Her starting post for the day did not even have a mention of me, even when she prefered a wagon on me in Day 1. Why did she just ignore me, even if she found a more worthy target, she did not even point out she remembered the wagon on me. I find this strange, since she claimed that she prefered a Lynch on me over Just, yet did not start the day with her belief on wanting me lynched. This is really suspicious, she did not even state a reason why she seems to be ignoring the fact that she wanted me Lynched in Day 1. Its as if you don't care if I get lynched or not. I do not find enough of a reason to unvote Miya.

@Iffrita: I find her quick claim really suspicious, I personally think she have hid her role alittle longer to find more information in why Miya wanted her to claim. While there is the possibility that Iffrita claimed due to the fact that she had nothing to lose.
Such a quick claim to someone who is mostly hiding around is not a good idea.
I attempted to neighborize Moonin last night, as he seemed fairly townie and I felt communication with him could potentially be helpful in pushing for a Depore lynch today. However, I was redirected to UK, and I am quite sure you can figure out how that turned out. Ugh.
Althought this post is kind of questioning. Theres the possibility Empress neighborizing to Moonin actually followed Moonin to UK, but even then its kind of suspicious how she was able to enter the room, while Moonin failed.
I'm still not exactly sure of power roles still, no one really answered me about the importance of them.
Orwen: The PM said that I lost my bearings and entered UK's room instead by mistake, but she had already been knifed when I entered her room and I wasn't able to contact her (because she was dead).
Her typing it out shows that she did not copy and paste the notice word for word, and seems to have typed it out. If you have the notice, whats the harm in copy and pasting it word for word. I find this highly suspicious as well, due to the fact that it felt as if she thought it up instead of rephrasing it.
Though I likely can not really rely on this, due to the fact that as I've said before. I do Not Understand The Importance of Power Roles. As well as the fact that UK getting or not getting it is at the Mod's Whims.

I feel forgotten and left in a ditch.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2011, 08:33:30 PM »
Votecount the I Refuse To Keep Track + 1

Miya (4): One, Book of the Past, Iffrita, Moonin
Moonin (1): Mala
Iffrita (3): Yuan, Navarus, Miya, Depore
Xix (1): Orwen

Depore (0): Iffrita
Orwen (0): Mikhail
Mala (0): Orwen, Xix, Book of the Past

Not Voting: Navarus, Xix

Bard Is Cute ( 8 )

With 11 alive, it takes 6 to lynch.
You have about 19 hours and 30 minutes until Night 2.

---

Princess Miya has been prodded.

@Mod: Will potential/real LYLOs and MYLOs be announced?
I'll let Bard answer this question. I'm not aware of his policy for this game.

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #536 on: July 17, 2011, 08:42:23 PM »
##Unvote
##Vote Empress Iffrita

Why can't you see that Moonin is scum? Do you not believe in the power of my divination?

My divinations tell me that you're all scum. I have to take my leave in order to perform these divinations but I should be back and posting after several hours of divining. My ability to divine may be sped up of you decide to assist me with my divinations. You all know where to find me.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2011, 08:46:58 PM »
His content is acceptable when he posts, and his points are logical. I do wish he would give opinions about people outside of Miya and myself, though. I don't think his lurking has the same intent that I think Miya's does.

I don't know why you're singling me out when you seem to be the only one who actually thinks that Moonin is scum.

Did you completely ignore my case on Miya, or do you just not agree with it? I will be reasonably angry if I spent all that time researching into Miya's posts and writing about why she is scum only for nobody to actually consider my post.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #538 on: July 17, 2011, 08:49:45 PM »
Haven't really processed the Miya case yet, should do so sometime today.

@Mala: I got my own divinationin'. Moonin's 100% town, and voting him is awful. Did you have a case or something because I don't remember one. Anyway, Mooni is town because GUT =D! :dwi:

Kabuto

• Kabuto
« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
@Empress Iffrita #537: I'm asking everyone why they can't see that Moonin is scum. In regards to your #533 I don't have the time to parse it right now. I should be able to before the day ends though.
@Demon Navarus #538:
Moonin is still scum by the way. FORM AN OPINION. IF YOU DON'T MAN UP I'M GOING TO RETRACT MY DIVINATION OFFERS FROM YOU. My #262. What was bad about it. What wasn't bad about it. Your #296. What do you think about One? Who needed to be scum in order for Depore's scumslips to be actual scumslips? What WERE Depore's scumslips in the first place? Stop sitting on the fence. In your entire Day 2 activity you've forgotten completely about the three players that you suspected throughout Day 1 in order to join in the fun activities of Princess Miya vs. Empress Iffrita. Please update your reads on One, Depore and myself and try not to sit on the fence about all three of us this time.

Why do you people not see that Moonin is trying to kill us all? How can you trust a guy with a hood on?