Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 112986 times)

W

• Heat Joker
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 1]
« Reply #180 on: July 14, 2011, 12:23:49 AM »
I meant "leaning scum on Depore," sorry. The blatant buddying is also a plus.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #181 on: July 14, 2011, 12:28:03 AM »
The Xix wagon had two jokevotes on it. At most it was a wagon of 4 people.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #182 on: July 14, 2011, 12:28:37 AM »
Well, Mala is a technical lingerer. She still evidently suspects Xix, but is parking her vote on Moonin instead for... some reason. I don't really understand why she thinks Moonin is worse than Xix.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #183 on: July 14, 2011, 12:29:08 AM »
I'm not sure I get it either! Is that where she stands right now? She should elucidate this because Moonin is pretty awesome in my book!

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #184 on: July 14, 2011, 12:35:27 AM »
Also, while I'm at it, I'm going to respond to Just by saying that I've never really understood how talking about your town reads is "bad". Scum consider more than "who is the least likely to get lynched" when going on the nightkill, and even if it is a deciding factor, scum is perfectly capable of figuring out who town doesn't want nuked from orbit without being told anyway.

This might be more of a postgame discussion thing, though.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #185 on: July 14, 2011, 12:36:40 AM »
About Xix-kun flailing like a little girl. Xix-kun's response to being put to L-1 (or L-2 for people who read unvotes) was large and bolded panic. In response to being asked for opinions he throws suspicion on everyone? ??? And keeps his vote on Moonin. There's no order of suspicion and I'm surprised Nav-tan didn't address the suspicions towards him that Xix-kun voiced. Nav-tan just said okay and moved his vote. Why did the rest of Xix-kun's wagon unvote him after that post again?

On a related note Nav-tan have you noticed Iffri-chan is trailing your heels nodding along with how bad I am?
What gives? The lynches I'd be okay with right now are on Depore, Just and Mala. Maaaybe Xix too. A lot of people seem to agree Just looks bad, are we going to have to resort to piling on him just so we don't have a 3-player lynch wagon?
A lot of people seem to agree Depore looks bad. Why are you asking people to pile on me instead of the person you're voting for?

I think you're uncertain, Nav-tan. And you appear to be right and I'm the one who can't read votecounts. Sorry about that. ┐('~`;)┌ That doesn't explain where his wagon went. I don't think you're considerable today. I responded directly to Depore to answer her why me question. Anyone I haven't been talking to is uninteresting to me. Until I do! Then they are~☆

I have no idea what the Book is accusing me of since I was still writing. Can you explain what content you want? And if I missed questions from someone do repeat.. There's alot of words to get through.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #186 on: July 14, 2011, 12:41:06 AM »
I seemed to recall a lot of people thinking Depore looked town, not scummy. The only people who really seemed to be willing to lynch her at that point were Mala and Yuan. There was more of a majority on you, so you were the easiest example to use for what I was saying (which wasn't even telling people to pile on you anyway, stop using selective quotations please).

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #187 on: July 14, 2011, 12:43:41 AM »
Can't help it if I'm so blatantly right, Just~. Iffri hasn't really been following me all that much. She agrees with me on you, but is still voting Depore, someone who's lynch I do not support. Doesn't seem to be trailing my heels there. If she were buddy following me, I'd expect her to be voting with me right now.

Secondly, as for Xix, I don't remember him questioning me, but moving my vote wasn't in response to him. Remember, I never actually voted Xix. I was voting Orwen, who responded acceptably to my post. Rereading Xix's post, his poke at me seems completely uninspired and uninteresting. I think by that point I was leaning derptown anyway due to the magic of votes piling on Xix for no apparent reason.

You're still a day late and a dollar short. I don't even find your "content" that interesting. Curious to see what the next installment will say.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #188 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:47 AM »
Just, I want you to talk more about your suspicions. You've talked about Xix and Navarus. Are they scum or town? Would you vote for them? Do you think Iffrita is scum?
Your previous post could be summarized as "One is still scum, Depore is waffling and is One's scum buddy for lolchainsaw."

So go get that reread done and then we'll see.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #189 on: July 14, 2011, 12:48:40 AM »
In short I want to see One-scum and his best buddy Depore dead. Followed by Xix-kun followed by.. wait let me check who Mikhail is. No he looks fine. His case on Orwen isn't as interesting without Xix-kun dying first. So there it is~☆

Okay then. The Book, Yuan and Moonin are town. Nav-tan is being pro-town and if I didn't disagree with his reads he would be on their level. Mikhail is wafer-town. Orwen and Mala are on the border of town and scum. You're scummy.

Cut by something this answers I guess.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #190 on: July 14, 2011, 12:52:32 AM »
Before I respond, who is the "you" in that post directed towards, Just?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #191 on: July 14, 2011, 12:53:57 AM »
That clears up a few things. So why One over Depore or Xix?
Seeing as you touched on everyone else, I'm also interested in what you think of Miya, despite her having only one post.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2011, 12:57:46 AM »
Orwen, could you summarize your Mala case, and tell us who else you want lynched? It's not very clear.

Punch Hopper

• Punch Hopper
« Reply #193 on: July 14, 2011, 01:04:11 AM »
Depore could be scum without One-scum. It would make more sense as a pair but on her own Depore has contributed nothing. Is unvoting and leaving the thread the new towntell these days? Nav-tan seems to think so for both Depore and One. Too scummy to be scum is so meta to the meta. ┐( ?∀? )┌  One-scum over Xix-kun is more active lurking over not being here. One over Depore is GUT! versus Gut! One has more emphasis.

Iffri-chan it is addressed to you of course. It won't make you want to hang me any less but I wouldn't lie to you~☆ You can call it selective quoting. I don't believe it misrepresented what you said. Quoting more then you need to is so fluffy~☆

Miya was suposed to be wafer town like Mikhail.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #194 on: July 14, 2011, 01:08:35 AM »
I don't think One is town, remember? Depore is pissing me off because I'm giving her lots of protection and she's repaying me with awful. Protection doesn't come free you little asdghalifdbvahfebvasdjgbnhaulfibv >=[!

Could you provide concise cases on your scum reads, Just? If you have done so, link back and save us both typing.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #195 on: July 14, 2011, 01:12:32 AM »
So apparently, I'm scum because you either didn't read my entire post or read it but didn't comprehend the point I was trying to make in it. GDI

What I was trying to say that the most likely possibility seemed to be everyone jumping on you at the end of the day (because, you know, you seemed to be the most likely target for something like that), and how that was a bad thing that we don't want the day to end in. If I had used Depore as my example it would have made no sense because she is my preferred lynch target right now.

If I wanted you lynched more than I wanted Depore lynched, I would have swung the wagons by now. I can't effectively push for a Depore lynch by pressing her right now because she hasn't posted anything since I switched my vote to her. I already know where most people stand on her, what else am I supposed to be doing to meet your apparent criteria for how townies are supposed to push their main case?

Sasword

• Sasword
« Reply #196 on: July 14, 2011, 01:31:48 AM »
This
Nothing
Get to that later
Get to that later
Call it rolefishing, but it is both. The fact that I got to L-1 in the first place is ridiculous, when the first 3 votes were random votes, one person actually made a case, and the last 3 votes were just obvious wagon hops. Look at their reasons for voting me.
Quote from: Depore
##Vote:Xix
Your lack of good reason and aggressive language are very suspicious to me. You shouldn't vote other people for something you are guilty of too. Very Scummy behaviour.
Quote from: Mala
Difficult doesn't mean impossible. In regards to Xix how come you're comparing him to One? I think I'd like to see Xix go more than Demon Navarus though since I can see his actions as being more scum motivated.

##Unvote
##Vote Xix
Quote from: One
I find Xix suspicious due to the fact even though he had 3 votes on him at the time, he does not have a case in which he defends himself, but instead focuses on Moonin.

Therefore I have decided :
##Vote Xix

The first one doesn't explain why it's scummy, the second doesn't even try listing a reason, and the third is obviously bad to everyone. This wagon was ridiculous and there was no reason why I should have to claim so early. But I'll let that go for now until I do a propoer read of the head of the Demon clan.

Oh, and you say your post 54 you had suspicions of me, then why did you not state it then? That post is just IIoA.

For the blatant wagon hops, I find the last three to vote me suspicious.

PROPHET MALA: You say you see Just as scummy, yet you STILL have yet to provide reasons. Sure, you may say that "now my points were used by Demon Navarus in #137 and #141.", but you never had any points at all! The only thing you mentioned about Just is RVS and asking simple questions. No opinions, nothing. Stop looking like you're in the wagon while being off the wagon. You look scummy for trying to set up opportunities to jump on to Just if he gets popular. Also, your reasons for voting Moonin seem pretty damn vague. You're voting him because you dislike him the most. What the hell is that supposed to mean?! Scummy behavior here.

Moonin, you're cool for now. When you get back to Oska, can you punch him in the face for me? Also, I think I killed him because I lost my precious thing. If anyone has it, can you please return it?

##Unvote

Wise Man Owen/Orwen (Damn you inconsistent sub groups) doesn't really seem that bad to me, so he is not getting lynched.

Just seems okay to me right now because of his new posts. People who wanted Just to post, what do you think now?

Depore... looks... really... REALLY confused, so... I'll just leave her alone for now. Still slightly suspicious.

Turns out I found Princess Yuan's transport. Ehhhh... I gotta say, her playstyle still makes me cringe, but as much as I wouldn't like to say this her content isn't that bad outside of the scumpairing. And delaying her reasoning.

##Vote: Mala

Tch, these 26 cuts I received chasing that fake carriage.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #197 on: July 14, 2011, 01:37:24 AM »
Demon, did you see my post about how Iffrita called Xix's vote on Moonlin "pushing an easy target"?

I question the validity of Moonlin as an "easy target" firstly.

I then question if it is not true to say that Iffrita's vote was "pushing an easy target" of Xix? (Who's wagon soared to L-2 VERY fast.)

That was my problem with Iffrita. Do you not understand that? I'm not sure I can make this any more clear.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #198 on: July 14, 2011, 01:39:30 AM »
Well, Moonin was a pretty easy target at the time. Xix was also hypocritical. Iffrita's vote post was fairly solid. What you're making clear relies on assumptions I don't share. Sorry!

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #199 on: July 14, 2011, 01:41:05 AM »
Also, has anyone looked at One's vote for me?

It LITERALLY states "Yuan called me scum" as the reason for why I am scum. That and he accuses me of "misrepresentation" which is a total lie. I have done EVERYTHING I can to avoid doing that. I am taking every measure to ensure I understand your intent.

One is acting like caught scum who is flailing and trying to discredit my case.

P-Edit: Well it seems like we're going to agree to disagree then Demon. I still think you're a strong town read for me though, so that at least is good.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2011, 01:41:47 AM »
@Xix: Just's returning posts don't make me feel better about him, no. However, I think I might possibly have an overall negative view of them because getting attacked over a misrep pushes my buttons, especially when it's fairly obvious Just knows he's misrepping me. I find it somewhat likely he only started making the posts because of my suggestion that one of you and him was scum trying to lurk out the day, which gives me the impression of frightened scum.

Still, most of what I dislike about Just is mainly just the impressions I get from the way he has been acting, and it's not nearly concrete as my Depore case. I definitely think there's something worth looking to in the way he seemed to be coasting by voting the obv newbtown for two thirds of the day, but it's not as bad as Depore's original push for a Xix wagon.

I think it's weird that you find the last three wagon hops on you suspicious, but then never actually posted an opinion on One and chose to give Depore a pass. Leaving people alone when you think they're suspicious is not townie behavior, even they come off as "confused". What do you feel about the case I made on Depore when I switched my vote to her?

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2011, 01:43:09 AM »
@Yuan: Your point on One is noted. Just is still a better lynch. What do you think of Just, Yuan?

Decade

• Decade
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2011, 01:44:16 AM »
Anyone I haven't been talking to is uninteresting to me. Until I do! Then they are~☆
This sentence sounds to me that you just don't want to voice your opinions for other people. Why? As I think now would be a good time to do something like that.
*hint**hint*

And geez everyone, I go to sleep and wake up finding everyone yelling at me to post. I'm sorry I have to sleep and read up on what happened while I was asleep.
And about contributing nothing, this is my first time ever playing mafia. I still don't have a good idea of what o look for, what to post and all the likes. SO you can't really bame me for messing up something I can't do/do well.

And sorry NavarusT_T I wish I could help more.

6cuts.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2011, 01:46:46 AM »
@Depore: ... :/

Just already posted his opinions several posts ago. Grasping at straws, much?

What's your opinion on Just, anyway? You just posted something to make him look bad, but I don't recall you ever attacking him. This could be somewhat vital in helping me decide if I actually want you dead less, I suppose.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2011, 01:47:11 AM »
Also, I'm not braining good on Xix's post. I *think* I don't like it but that might just be me generally disliking the lurking magic going on.

@Depore: S'ok, fix it now. Just reread the game, and post an analysis of who you think is scum and why. Don't tell us what they did, tell us why you think they did it. Use only what you feel to be your strongest points. Trying to throw everything and the kitchen sink at someone only discredits you. Don't flip flop on whether someone is scum or town. Just say outright "I think they are scum because X, Y, Z" or "I have a neutral read of them at this time" Things like that. Don't go "This was townie, but THAT was scummy, so I'm not sure what to think" and leave it at that. I kind of figured you were knew, I was just a little irritated at you going away before analyzing. But you're back now.

Ryuki

• Dragredder
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2011, 01:53:52 AM »
Just reads as a mild town read right now, IIRC. I liked his posting on Page 8.

Do you have reason to believe just is scum, Demon?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2011, 01:56:06 AM »
Votecount the Tenth - Fuxdamnit stop it with the pink Kiro

One (2): Yuan, Just, Moonin, Yuan
Mala (2): One, Orwen, Iffrita, Xix
Orwen (1): Navarus, Book of the Past, Mikhail
Moonin (1): Xix, Mala
Iffrita (1): Miya, Yuan
Depore (2): Moonin, Iffrita
Just (2): Book of the Past, Mala, Xix, Navarus, Book of the Past
Yuan (1): Orwen, Depore, One

Navarus (0): Depore, Mala
Book of the Past (0): Mikhail
Xix (0): Miya, Just, Moonin, Iffrita, Depore, Mala, One

Not Voting: Depore

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
You have about 22 hours until Night 1.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:05:53 AM by Bardiche »

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2011, 01:56:55 AM »
Sure. His early D1 posting is awful (focusing on one player and poking at another isn't exactly the height of protown activity) and his posting now doesn't really make it much better. His main case on Iffrita is a pile of misrep (though I'm sure you're going to disagree with me). His list of reads appears to be mostly unexplained, most of them being drawn from popular opinion. I mean, seriously, show me an opinion of his that isn't misrep or hasn't been expressed before. I see pretty much zero.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2011, 01:57:59 AM »
Waaait a minute.

Yuan, you mentioned something about plurality lynches earlier, didn't you?

I just re-read the OP, and unless I misread it, we need a majority to get a lynch in this game. Am I misunderstanding something here? I had been operating under the assumption this game ran on plurality lynches until now. Maybe I'm just an idiot.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2011, 01:58:56 AM »
Huh, I actually never checked the rules myself because I prefer to assume we always need a majority lynch. Did Yuan actually say something like that?