Author Topic: Retelling of Oriental Stories  (Read 38463 times)

cleartailcat

• Idiot Shouta
  • Missing
Re: Retelling of Oriental Stories
« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2009, 01:18:40 AM »
You guys do realize that a strict canon retelling of games like EoSD would be incredibly boring, right? >_>

EoSD. THE SKY IS RED.RAAAAGE. Rush to beat up who's responsible.

PCB. SPRING IS GONE. RAAAAGE. Rush to beat up who's responsible.

IN. THE MOON IS MISSING. RAAAAGE. Rush to beat up who's responsible.

etc.

Something like that. I quite like re-interpretations of characters. If I want canon, I play the games.

Maid Xan~

• Oh. Uh... Hey... Hey there, Koto.
  • What... what are you smiling like that for, Koto?
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2009, 01:30:33 AM »
It's not the plot changes that irritate me, for the most part. It's changes to background details. Like, in canon Touhou, REIMU INVENTED THE SPELLCARD SYSTEM!
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2009, 01:57:01 AM »
Is that really such an important detail that it gets in the way of a quality story-telling job?
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2009, 03:14:38 AM »
I know, I'm just poking fun, mostly. I did say that the awesomeness of the writing mostly overcame that for me ...

Maid Xan~

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2009, 03:40:54 AM »
Is that really such an important detail that it gets in the way of a quality story-telling job?

Some of it I just find incredibly aggravating. I only really have a serious issue with Remixed Cherry Blossom, where Yuyuko is basically a huge Mary Sue. I mean, all the responsibility the events is moved off of her onto Youmu and Yukari. Yes, I know that he was changing the plot, but I find the whole deal INTENSLY irritating. I like Yuyuko. She's one of my top 3 favorite characters. But I really don't like what he did with her there. Or what he did with Yukari. However, the rest of the series is good enough that I'm willing to ignore that.
There are people in this world who enjoy being alone. But there isn't a single person who can bear solitude.

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2009, 05:03:01 AM »
FYI UD's waifu is Yuyuko :V

Usually Dead

« Reply #36 on: April 30, 2009, 05:06:48 AM »
FYI UD's waifu is Yuyuko :V

No.

No.

No.

The world... is not that perfect.

« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2009, 04:31:01 PM »
No.

No.

No.

The world... is not that perfect.
* Suikama pats UD on the back
There there I'm sure she's just tsundere for you.

Maid Xan~

« Reply #38 on: April 30, 2009, 09:14:15 PM »
* Suikama pats UD on the back
There there I'm sure she's just tsundere for you.

No, it's because I got there first. ^_^

barasia

• mokomokomokomoko
« Reply #39 on: June 05, 2009, 09:17:08 AM »
huh? whats with the 14 day lag note?

anyways, IMAFREE!
i must read Repose and Inclusive Power nao!
Termnl_yt ht_i_sba. enfi_et uao_nri e_ewc_ gfo_f ineo kh_ tr o

Usually Dead

« Reply #40 on: July 18, 2009, 09:11:33 PM »
Something that's not totally related, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for:

Kelvin and I have just done an hour-long talkshow-style recording on some thoughts about Touhou. Give it a listen!

Click for sure!

(.mp3 audio file, about one hour long and 56MB in size)

Herasy

« Reply #41 on: July 23, 2009, 03:10:25 AM »
Something that's not totally related, but I didn't think it was worth starting a new thread for:

Kelvin and I have just done an hour-long talkshow-style recording on some thoughts about Touhou. Give it a listen!

Click for sure!

(.mp3 audio file, about one hour long and 56MB in size)

Decided to listen and I actually found myself sitting through the whole thing.
While our perceptions of Kaguya and Eirin are almost entirely different I did enjoy listening to you two discuss some of the more silly and out there topics in Touhou.

If you plan on doing another then I'll be sure to listen in! Try to avoid having background noise on the next one though, around half way through I was having difficulty making out any of the conversation over the sound of whoever was watching Hellboy in the background.

« Reply #42 on: July 24, 2009, 12:33:33 AM »
Decided to listen and I actually found myself sitting through the whole thing.
While our perceptions of Kaguya and Eirin are almost entirely different I did enjoy listening to you two discuss some of the more silly and out there topics in Touhou.

If you plan on doing another then I'll be sure to listen in! Try to avoid having background noise on the next one though, around half way through I was having difficulty making out any of the conversation over the sound of whoever was watching Hellboy in the background.

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm in a shared room with a loud TV, and there's nowhere else in the house I can really record from. While that doesn't excuse the fact that roughly half of the recording was much more difficult to listen to, I've tried what I can figure out as far as sound suppression and it's just kind of not happening, so the only other option to reduce background noise would be to ask people to just not make it and hope for the best. I'll keep trying to figure out how to reduce it as we release these, as well as other bits of professionalism that have landed on me after being scattered to the wind.

We do plan on doing some shows in the future - this was a lot of fun - though we aren't the most organized bunch, so your guess as to a release date is good as mine. If anyone found that the amateurish sound put you off more than the content, you may be interested in the next release, for which we've already looked into a lot of ways to make it sound smoother and cleaner.

Blackraptor

• Furniture
  • The guy with the thing over there at the place
« Reply #43 on: July 24, 2009, 02:13:45 AM »
I actually enjoyed the banter between UD and Kelvin and I too am a rather big Mokou fan so...yeah...I'd her parachute pants too.

Hope to hear more stuff from you guys in the future.

Usually Dead

« Reply #44 on: July 26, 2009, 03:45:08 AM »
Kelvin and I have just finished another talkshow! This one has fewer audio problems and is longer than the last one.

Link so hard!

(About 80mb, 128kbps mp3, approx 90 mins long)

Herasy

« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2009, 06:51:18 AM »
Kelvin and I have just finished another talkshow! This one has fewer audio problems and is longer than the last one.

Link so hard!

(About 80mb, 128kbps mp3, approx 90 mins long)

Many Kudos on the audio quality, I also noticed Kelvin seems to be as much of a guitar fag as I am (I pulled up my Demetori collection as he was talking about them).

"As I'm totally interested in anything that has to do with Yuyuko climaxing"

Way to pull a fast one, that comment made me spray ginger beer all over myself.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2009, 03:43:55 PM »
Ok, I'm an absolute retard, and deleted the zip file after unzipping the mp3, DELETING THE GODDAMNED SONG LIST.
Can someone upload it externally for me, please?

Usually Dead

« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2009, 04:01:43 PM »
Here ya go.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 04:05:20 PM »
UD, did I mention that i love you?

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #49 on: July 31, 2009, 12:53:57 AM »
Those talk shows sure are addicting, I can't wait for the next one. You guys should have some other "guests" over sometime (I nominate Kilga).

I also read Sakurei, and liked it a lot. I always felt some sexual undertones in most of the Ibunshu stories, and it was good to see it addressed tastefully without affecting unnecessarily the main line. Reimu and Sakuya is a strange pairing, but makes complete sense in the context.
Spoiler:
Also, hawt.
I hope you write more of these in the future. Though I'm also hoping for more of Yuyuko and Nitori's columns. And for the IN rewrite. Or one around CoLA or SaBND...
(tl;dr: Write more, literary slave!)

And something I've been meaning to mention from when I first read RaIP. When reading Alice's
Spoiler:
WHY DID IT HURT SO BAD WHEN I THOUGHT SHE WAS DEAD
I just couldn't help seeing it as:
Spoiler:
WHY WHY WHY DID I MISS HER A LOT FOREVER?

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #50 on: July 31, 2009, 01:22:39 AM »
UD, it's because of your first story and the Yuyuko column that countless hours of text-scrolling has managed to make me look productive while searches were running in the background.

Ironically, your writing -> my wasting time -> looking productive -> job security O_O

« Reply #51 on: July 31, 2009, 03:19:44 AM »
Spoiler:
WHY WHY WHY DID I MISS HER A LOT FOREVER?
That'd be IOSYS, used for evil instead of good.