Author Topic: Possibly-crazy stuff you didn't notice for ages  (Read 170334 times)

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
Re: Possibly-crazy stuff you didn't notice for ages
« Reply #870 on: May 04, 2011, 02:14:07 PM »
Sorry if this was already mentioned, it's kinda obvious, but most people don't realise it (maybe we subconsciously block it? Thanks, Koishi)
Flandre Scarlet has crystal wings. That means that she
Spoiler:
sparkles in sunlight

Not quite. Her crystal prism wings sparkle in sunlight,(but she can't be out in the sun. At least, not as long as Remi.) but [i[not her body.[/i]
So, even still, she ain't like those "vampires".
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #871 on: May 04, 2011, 11:23:24 PM »
I realized something funny. While other playable characters have a life system, Cirno has "Motivation". This could be a bit of fridge logic pointing to the fact that fairies have a different view of death and therefore, are more reckless. But it'd also mean that the reason for Cirno to get a technical "game over", is because she doesn't feel like going on, whereas for everyone else, it could be fatigue.

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #872 on: May 04, 2011, 11:33:39 PM »
Oh my god.
Oh my god.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #873 on: May 05, 2011, 12:53:58 AM »
I realized something funny. While other playable characters have a life system, Cirno has "Motivation". This could be a bit of fridge logic pointing to the fact that fairies have a different view of death and therefore, are more reckless. But it'd also mean that the reason for Cirno to get a technical "game over", is because she doesn't feel like going on, whereas for everyone else, it could be fatigue.

Not exactly a different view of death. She can't die, and just lets her regeneration kick in. But nonetheless it bothers her to be hit like that, and if her motivation falls under 0, she just sort of gives up. (probably would throw a fit, too but I don't know about that)

(I just noticed this, so it's an)Edit: I never knew before, but Double Spoiler actually puts you through all the difficulty variations of a spell card, as in every time you took a successful shot, the difficulty got kicked up from easy, to normal, to (ry.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2011, 01:03:28 AM by XephyrEnigma »
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #874 on: May 05, 2011, 02:34:28 AM »
(I just noticed this, so it's an)Edit: I never knew before, but Double Spoiler actually puts you through all the difficulty variations of a spell card, as in every time you took a successful shot, the difficulty got kicked up from easy, to normal, to (ry.
You mean like StB? The more shots you take, the harder the spell gets. (either denser or faster, or possibly both)
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #875 on: May 05, 2011, 02:40:52 AM »
You mean like StB? The more shots you take, the harder the spell gets. (either denser or faster, or possibly both)

I guess. I didnt play much of stb, so i wouldnt know, but yeah. just going into a stage, it's what you would see on easy. after 1 picture, it bumps up to normal, after another hard, after 1(or two, or after the first two pictures if you only needed 3) it goes to lunatic.

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #876 on: May 05, 2011, 03:11:54 AM »
Not exactly a different view of death. She can't die, and just lets her regeneration kick in.

It actually is a different view of death. You said it yourself; they can regenerate when they die. So they don't fear it or worry about it  as much as the humans do.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #877 on: May 05, 2011, 04:12:56 AM »
I guess. I didnt play much of stb, so i wouldnt know, but yeah. just going into a stage, it's what you would see on easy. after 1 picture, it bumps up to normal, after another hard, after 1(or two, or after the first two pictures if you only needed 3) it goes to lunatic.
Yep! That's how they work. Though some spells in StB probably go into a mode harder than lunatic, since StB is an exceptionally difficult game. Even harder when you can't switch the orientation of the camera. Everything is always in landscape, no profile shots.

It actually is a different view of death. You said it yourself; they can regenerate when they die. So they don't fear it or worry about it  as much as the humans do.
Especially Reimu. I guess you could take her death sequence as if she's trying to stay alive by giving you a longer death-bomb period and any other character.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #878 on: May 05, 2011, 04:29:34 AM »
The Player's Score theme uses a part from "The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field"
th10, th11, th12 has the same Player's Score theme and th128 and th13 0.01 has the same Player's Score theme, or my ears are wrong.
Signature

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #879 on: May 05, 2011, 04:37:32 AM »
The Player's Score theme uses a part from "The Venerable Ancient Battlefield ~ Suwa Foughten Field"
th10, th11, th12 has the same Player's Score theme and th128 and th13 0.01 has the same Player's Score theme, or my ears are wrong.

I noticed that too.

« Reply #880 on: May 05, 2011, 05:36:34 AM »
It also shares similarities with Sylphid Dream in addition to Suwa Foughten Field.

The question though, is which one did ZUN compose first.

Iliq

• Something
  • And something else
« Reply #881 on: May 05, 2011, 10:03:48 AM »
While we're on this topic, Mystic Square's title theme uses a part from the Grimoire of Alice, and Maple Wise does so as well from Infinite Being.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #882 on: May 05, 2011, 02:28:07 PM »
how did you not notice
Well, he did say he based the Player's Score theme off of Kanako.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #883 on: May 05, 2011, 02:45:07 PM »

We have different ways of interpreting this, but I get what you're saying.

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #884 on: May 05, 2011, 02:52:27 PM »
Reimu is stepping through some kind of border (to the spirit world) in the main menu of TD

GenericTouhouFailure

• WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT'S NOT CALLED UNL? *boom*
« Reply #885 on: May 07, 2011, 11:55:06 AM »
LFO has an aimed element to it. What.  :colonveeplusalpha:
Try shotgunning her before the second wave....

Savory

• I am a save frog
  • *wink*
« Reply #886 on: May 07, 2011, 09:07:06 PM »
Alice & Meiling= DOUBLE RAINBOW

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #887 on: May 07, 2011, 10:40:37 PM »
The first four characters in StB are:
Wriggle Nightbug (リグル・ナイトバッグ)
Rumia (ルーミア)
Cirno (チルノ)
Letty Whiterock (レティ・ホワイトロック)

Find the relationship between all of these names...!!?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #888 on: May 07, 2011, 11:38:50 PM »
The first four characters in StB are:
Wriggle Nightbug (リグル・ナイトバッグ)
Rumia (ルーミア)
Cirno (チルノ)
Letty Whiterock (レティ・ホワイトロック)

Find the relationship between all of these names...!!?

I see no Mystia. >:c

I am still mad at ZUN for not adding Mystia, Yuuka, or the Prismrivers in StB or DS... ;-;

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #889 on: May 08, 2011, 03:23:41 AM »
I see no Mystia. >:c

I am still mad at ZUN for not adding Mystia, Yuuka, or the Prismrivers in StB or DS... ;-;
Well yeah. I think ZUN didn't think of Mystia as a "fair" early-game boss or something.
As for Yuuka, DAMN IT ZUN
How about the Prismrivers? They could very well have had their own stage entirely for themselves.

Spoiler:
Anyways, apparently these names as well as Alice Margatroid are all written in Katakana
[/size]

NEETori

• Using my Extending Arms to steal donations.
  • TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #890 on: May 08, 2011, 11:48:38 AM »
I'm not sure if fangames matter but...
In Touhoumon, Ran is the middleground between Yukari, a slow, bulky Psychic-type special sweeper, and Chen, a fast, fragile Ground-Type physical sweeper.  Ran is a Ground/Psychic moderately fast, moderately durable mixed sweeper.

In Labyrinth of Touhou,
Spoiler:
Ran is a fast and powerful magic/composite attacker who can also play supporting roles, Yukari is a slow, yet very durable defensive supporter, while Chen is a speedy glass cannon

to tie it in with PCB, Yukari has beefed-up versions of Ran's Extra cards, while Phantasm Ran has beefed up versions of Chen's Extra Spell Cards. 

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #891 on: May 10, 2011, 09:25:23 PM »
In MoF, the Green Fairies give out green items, the Blue Fairies give out blue items, and the Red Fairies give out red items. I guess I don't play MoF enough

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #892 on: May 10, 2011, 11:05:16 PM »
In Labyrinth of Touhou,
Spoiler:
Ran is a fast and powerful magic/composite attacker who can also play supporting roles, Yukari is a slow, yet very durable defensive supporter, while Chen is a speedy glass cannon

Spoiler:
I don't think Ran is made to be an attacker... Isn't she only used for buffs? Well, this is coming from someone who has been stuck at Rinnosuke for 4 months so maybe I'm using her wrong...

Real life: Witches work for/sign a contract/serve the Devil.
Gensokyo: Patchouli is friends and lives with Remilia.

Anyone see the connection?  :V

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #893 on: May 10, 2011, 11:20:38 PM »
Spoiler:
I don't think Ran is made to be an attacker... Isn't she only used for buffs? Well, this is coming from someone who has been stuck at Rinnosuke for 4 months so maybe I'm using her wrong...

Real life: Witches work for/sign a contract/serve the Devil.
Gensokyo: Patchouli is friends and lives with Remilia.

Anyone see the connection?  :V
Spoiler:
Ran is an excellent buffer, but is also surprisingly good at being an offensive player herself, due to her good magic, good bulk, and good formulas on everything

It makes sense :o
But then how come Alice/Marisa don't work for Remilia?  Well, Marisa is fanon friendly with Flan.

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #894 on: May 10, 2011, 11:36:10 PM »
Spoiler:
Ran is an excellent buffer, but is also surprisingly good at being an offensive player herself, due to her good magic, good bulk, and good formulas on everything

It makes sense :o
But then how come Alice/Marisa don't work for Remilia?  Well, Marisa is fanon friendly with Flan.

Alice is a Youkai magician, while Marisa is a human magician cosplaying as a witch. :V

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #895 on: May 10, 2011, 11:39:12 PM »
IIRC, Patchy is also a Youkai magician.  Unless Alice doesn't count since she BECAME one and Patchy was born one or something like that.

XephyrEnigma

• XephyrEnigma
« Reply #896 on: May 10, 2011, 11:53:49 PM »
Alice still counts. It's just different in some unknown way, cause she had to work for it.

Paper Conan

• NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #897 on: May 11, 2011, 12:20:53 AM »
IIRC, Patchy is also a Youkai magician.  Unless Alice doesn't count since she BECAME one and Patchy was born one or something like that.

I really thought witch =/= magician, but now...  :o

NEETori

• TECHNOLOGY!
« Reply #898 on: May 11, 2011, 12:27:42 AM »