Author Topic: Bug Report Thread  (Read 366839 times)

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Bug Report Thread
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2015, 10:49:20 PM »
Fixed sorry T-----------------T

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2015, 10:55:30 PM »

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2015, 11:07:06 PM »
On December 3rd Let's Encrypt opens their public beta and their big thing is a tool that will automatically generate new certs rather than force me to login to an obscure site that's always down, dig out my personal certificate and hope it works after the 12th time, and then remember how to write a CSR.

SO HOPEFULLY THIS STOPS HAPPENING.

i am a wreck orz

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Drake

« Reply #213 on: November 25, 2015, 02:36:44 AM »
For everyone that can't access the site on Firefox:

Firefox has a super annoying OCSP check that is blocking it, and I can't do anything about that since that's all backend with the certificate authority. Disable OCSP for now I guess, it'll resolve itself on its own.

Options -> Advanced -> Certs -> Uncheck Query OCSP

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #214 on: November 25, 2015, 05:03:11 AM »
SO HOPEFULLY THIS STOPS HAPPENING.

Otherwise see you guys again next year.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #215 on: December 02, 2015, 07:11:06 AM »
The OS and Browser identifications needs an update.  For example, me.

I'm on Win 10 and using MS Edge.  identifiers show me as on Win NT 10.0 and using Chrome 46.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #216 on: December 04, 2015, 09:14:05 PM »
I switched the site's SSL cert to Let's Encrypt. Please let me know if there's anything goofy but it should be good!

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #217 on: December 13, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
I was wondering when and why shrinemaiden became completely inaccessible to me, and I think it's because of that certification switch. Chrome on my netbook hates it. Oddly enough, I can still access it on my phone (which is why I can post this).

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #218 on: December 14, 2015, 03:00:37 AM »
Huh, I can open the forum with Chrome on my campus' computer just fine. You did try clearing the cache first, right?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #219 on: December 14, 2015, 07:52:27 AM »
I was wondering when and why shrinemaiden became completely inaccessible to me, and I think it's because of that certification switch. Chrome on my netbook hates it. Oddly enough, I can still access it on my phone (which is why I can post this).
That's odd, any particular error message or anything? I'm on Chrome and Google is part of the Let's Encrypt group so I don't see any reason it shouldn't work.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #220 on: December 14, 2015, 05:13:34 PM »
Just tried accessing the site in the my version of Chrome (47.0.2526.80), and had no problems.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #221 on: December 15, 2015, 12:40:32 AM »
Cleared cache, rebooted, all that jazz. I have the exact same version of Chrome that Ammy does. Still getting ERR_CERT_INVALID. Maybe it's because I still use Windows XP? I don't have any idea why this is happening.

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
« Reply #222 on: December 15, 2015, 06:18:43 AM »
Reading up it looks like as long as you're on a version of chrome newer than 38 it should work, before that XP needed a specific patch in order to verify the certificate we use now.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #223 on: December 15, 2015, 07:27:36 PM »
Even my tablet computer works, it's literally just my netbook that is convinced that TSO is trying to steal all my datas. Goddamnit, TSO, you could have just asked politely!

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #224 on: January 14, 2016, 12:30:56 PM »
Someone had a problem while registering an account. Since he cannot ask directly here, I figured I'd help him a bit.

I've been trying to create a new account at the Maidens of the Kaleidoscope forum, but i can't. All i get is "could not open socket" (ReCaptcha problems? ). Anyone else having this problem? I really need that account. ;n;

From right there.

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.

zero_breaker

• Is chuuni before 2nd year
  • Must... resist... procrastination...
« Reply #226 on: January 18, 2016, 05:05:34 PM »
The rules said that only users with at least 10 posts can post in the Rumia's Party Games section; I (after forgetting about the rule, and then remembering it 5 minutes later) somehow managed to post there with 6 posts, and afterwards I realized that the post in the RPG section counts towards the 10 posts. Am I correct to assume that this is a bug?

Drake

« Reply #227 on: January 19, 2016, 12:30:13 PM »
To note, the above-mentioned "could not open socket" error on forms requiring captchas is also preventing new members from registering altogether.

« Reply #228 on: January 21, 2016, 04:31:28 PM »
Cannot send personal message, the same ?could not open socket? problem that metioned above.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #229 on: January 21, 2016, 06:26:58 PM »
Cannot send personal message, the same ?could not open socket? problem that metioned above.
I had received PM from another member today, so it almost feels like the Captcha is being the culprit here for sure (probably obvious). But apparently the captcha is trying to appear in PM mechanics as well for new members?

The admins have been notified and hopefully they can fix it asap. Let us hope they are not being strangled by their RL (since they might be extremely busy)

Edible

« Reply #230 on: January 21, 2016, 11:42:22 PM »
Issues with recaptcha should be fixed for now.

« Reply #231 on: January 22, 2016, 03:55:22 PM »
Thank you for having took care of this issue. As you can see I was able register successfully and post this message.
FM synthesis rocks. My blog.

Edible

« Reply #232 on: January 22, 2016, 04:45:21 PM »
Awesome.  Sorry for the trouble.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #233 on: January 23, 2016, 01:32:32 PM »
I sent these links and a basic description of what was going on to Helvatica viva PM a few days ago but it's not fixed or replied to so I'll post it here because maybe someone else knows what's going on or Helvetica's PM box is full or something I dunno.

http://i.imgur.com/ntz68fW.png
http://i.imgur.com/eud0j4c.png

I... don't think I should have the magical ability to edit other people's posts; 'unapprove' them, make stickies and lock/move threads.

I seem to only have this within the Cafe, and not it's subforums [EDIT; wasn't in PM: I have the powers within Moronic Colosseum as well; but not Lettyjournal]. I need to check if I have any sort of powers in forums I do not usually go in. I also still have magical avatar powers so it *might* be linked to my Birthday powers but my Birthday was on the 16th; and I didn't notice this until like the 20th so I don't think it's my Birthday stuff. And I severely doubt I've actually been made a mod without being told or anything. Or made a mod at all for that matter.

===
Also I just noticed a 'Moderate' tab show up in my topbar.

Edit: Can confirm, this is limited to only the Cafe and Moronic Colosseum. Lettyjournal is unaffected and all other forums have the normal options and tabs for me.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2016, 01:39:47 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #234 on: January 23, 2016, 03:08:57 PM »
This sounds identical to Janitor powers. I wonder if anyone else in the YOU WA BAN group has this ability.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Edible

« Reply #235 on: January 23, 2016, 03:20:38 PM »
Haha, nah.  Looks like someone left his account with Birthday permissions on the side :V

Drake

« Reply #236 on: January 23, 2016, 03:39:22 PM »
can I get switched back to spechul btw, I just noticed that I can't revert it myself in the group settings page

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #237 on: January 23, 2016, 03:40:08 PM »
Haha, nah.  Looks like someone left his account with Birthday permissions on the side :V

That's what I thought it was, but the lack of powers within Letty Journal made me hesitate. You know; cause that's where the birthday threads go.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #238 on: January 24, 2016, 08:16:52 PM »
I'm still having this problem on Chrome, I just happen to have now downloaded Firefox too and it's fine here. ???

« Reply #239 on: February 01, 2016, 11:59:36 AM »
I'm still having this problem on Chrome, I just happen to have now downloaded Firefox too and it's fine here. ???
Same Chrome tottaly hates the site IE *shudder* will let me through after an "are you sure" check, Firefox works fine. something Windows XP related and browser specific.. urk.