Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 183811 times)

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #30 on: April 23, 2009, 11:03:26 PM »
Random MoF run: got VoWG down to so little health that my death was enough to kill the spellcard.
Hey!  I did that yesterday!  It's more of a a rage moment than embarrassing, though.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #31 on: April 24, 2009, 01:12:13 AM »
This is almost too embarrassing to put here

I died twice at the easiest parts on the remi fight

The stupid dagger non card, and the streaming fireball bats...

If that's not 9 enough...I had bomb in stock both times...

« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2009, 12:57:06 AM »
after not playing for a while (as usual) i tried SA again, just to lose ALL my lives on stage 5 normal, TWICE

TWICE

i say again, TWICE

its embarrasing compared to how i normally do

« Reply #33 on: April 26, 2009, 12:46:57 AM »
I decided to try and time out Philospher's Stone...  But I kept dying...  On Silent Selene?  What?  I ended up deciding it wasn't meant to be.

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #34 on: April 26, 2009, 10:27:17 PM »
I got to Koishi's last spell, and died TWICE.

Yes, that means I had full power on the life, but didn't even get a chance to bomb.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #35 on: April 26, 2009, 10:56:28 PM »
I got to Koishi's last spell, and died TWICE.

Yes, that means I had full power on the life, but didn't even get a chance to bomb.
If it makes you feel better, I got slapped by that 5 times before the card ended.

Which in its own right, is an embarrassment, even on first try.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Yukkuri

« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2009, 11:41:23 PM »
When I went to the POC I ran into Mokou when she was resurrecting. :(

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #37 on: April 27, 2009, 07:37:04 PM »
When I went to the POC I ran into Mokou when she was resurrecting. :(

Mokou? Every once in a while I get distracted (Marisa mode: ON "ZOMG! ITEMS! ITEMS!"), rush to the point of collection and get smacked right in the face by the FIRST FAIRY with familiars on MYSTIA'S stage...

Also:
Every once in a while I'll forget that Orin, being the h4x that she is, gets to keep her hitbox after you beat her in the middle of stage 5 and happily either plain ram her up or get distracted and stay on her way as she's leaving the field and I'm getting the loot
rofl bye

Yukkuri

« Reply #38 on: April 27, 2009, 09:27:07 PM »
That's why you collect items left or right to the boss. X_X

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #39 on: April 28, 2009, 05:04:20 AM »
I just learned what Ghost Clifford is.

And I'm ashamed for failing it twice. It suddenly walls you off without warning and I don't know how to stop it. D: D: D:
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #40 on: April 28, 2009, 10:45:18 AM »
I eat PoFV bullets way too much.  Most recent humiliation was against Marisa, in Komachi Extra mode.  Cue two L3 attacks coming in at high speed, and I don't have any spells handy.  I manage to reach a safe spot, only to have said safe spot crash down around my ears when a bullet streaks down dead center.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Lunatic Red Eyes

« Reply #41 on: April 29, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »
On Koishi's stage, started the battle with no power, but didn't die once until Super Ego. On that card I fell all the way to my last life, but survived. Got all the way to her last spell, and lost most of my lives, I lose my final life in her exploding animation :-[

But wait, there's more! I was doing EoSD Easy to practice for doing a pacifist run, and on Cirno I was going to the famous safespot, and I ran right into Cirno.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 11:50:16 AM by Lunatic Red Eyes »

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #42 on: April 29, 2009, 07:11:56 PM »
That's why you collect items left or right to the boss. X_X

That's Orin I'm talking about!
http://www.mediafire.com/?onrgmtm5jyj
rofl bye

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #44 on: April 29, 2009, 08:59:47 PM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/

Yeeaaahhh, I sorta knew it existed but when it came to uploading it I just felt... I dunno, more comfortable just uploading it to my mediafire account

I'm actually uploading it to Youtube now but since Premiere managed to make a 1:30 video 445 megs it's taking quite a while....
rofl bye

« Reply #45 on: April 29, 2009, 09:35:23 PM »
Holy Balls, all those people who say that long breaks from games make you better are goddamn liars.  I just tried PCB stage 3 for the first time since 1ccing the game.  It was hilarious.  I failed EVERYTHING, except for Alice's trivial last nonspell and (strangely enough) Hanged Hourai Dolls.  To think I used to be fairly decent at this stage...
« Last Edit: April 29, 2009, 09:57:47 PM by Azinth »

theshirn

« Reply #46 on: April 29, 2009, 09:56:29 PM »
Just died twice to Seven Stones and Seven Trees.  In the exact same way.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 09:58:05 PM »
Holy Balls, all those people who say that long breaks from games make you better are goddamn liars.

This.
A one day break can do wonders for me, probably because it gets rid of all that frustration, but if I stop for a week, then try again... MASSACRE TIME.

I just died 3 times to Remi's 2nd non-card (i.e. the one that is similar to Scarlet Meister) because I was too busy thinking - planning ahead for Scarlet Meister.
Advocate of Transhumanism

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #48 on: April 29, 2009, 10:32:55 PM »
Finally managed to upload this. Bloody Premiere ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_i3BbQj1K0I
rofl bye

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
« Reply #49 on: April 29, 2009, 10:49:11 PM »
Every single time I fight Reisen on IN Hard, I lose every ounce of skill I have, and die or bombn to every single phase. WTF?!

Opener:LOL I KELL YOU AT THE END
First card:Bomb, suck at this anyway
second non-card:LOL I KELL YOU AT THE END
Second card:LOL I KEEL YOU IN THE STUPIDIEST WAYS POSSIBLE
Third non-card:LOL I KEEL YOU AT THE END
Third card:Easy. Sometimes bomb when I do stupid crap
Fourth card:LOL I KEEL YOU SOMEHOW, EVEN THOUGH I'M LOLEASY\

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #50 on: April 29, 2009, 10:56:44 PM »
Every single time I fight Reisen on IN Hard, I lose every ounce of skill I have, and die or bombn to every single phase. WTF?!

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-

Reisen has panic-inducing psychotropic eyes (and weird spells and bullets that rush right at your face). Even when you know what you have to do sometimes it's just... I understand how you feel...
rofl bye

CP3

« Reply #51 on: April 29, 2009, 11:53:46 PM »
There's a lot of these, but if I had to pick one, it'd probably be dying to Resurrection Butterfly with three bombs in stock, twice in a row, ruining my attempt of 1ccing normal.

I've achieved it since, but I went mental that time.

Kefit

• The Wild Draw Four of America
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 06:53:35 AM »
Embarassing?

Probably when I sing along to the music, making up lyrics about how I am shooting the boss in the face with laser beams.

I do this a lot.

It's a good thing that replays don't save this.

theshirn

« Reply #53 on: April 30, 2009, 07:05:21 AM »
Embarassing?

Probably when I sing along to the music, making up lyrics about how I am shooting the boss in the face with laser beams.

I do this a lot.

Aw, that's not embarrassing!  That's awesome!  Suwa Foughten Field is a favorite of mine to sing along.  It makes for very interesting lyrics, considering the way the music is put together.

« Reply #54 on: April 30, 2009, 04:06:59 PM »
Embarassing?

You aren't the only one who does stuff like this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmEOhVy6G-4&feature=related
Quote from Myosotis:
"Marriage is a game you can't win. Also, no replay value and the level design is bullshit.

nintendonut888

« Reply #55 on: April 30, 2009, 07:00:15 PM »
Embarassing?

I do this a lot.

This is embarrassing? I similar stuff all the time.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #56 on: April 30, 2009, 10:05:26 PM »
gah, got to the timeout spell in EoSD. I got trapped in a corner with no bombs or lives left, and thought, "crap I'm dead." but I somehow managed to survive by tapping to the right. thank goodness huh? no, I had to hit a stray bullet

goddamn

Vile Lasagna

• Due to boredom
  • I'm mostly banned
« Reply #57 on: April 30, 2009, 10:25:14 PM »
Hmmm.... today, even though I never tire of dissing the hell out of Virtue of the Wind God, Mountain of Faith (Virtue-Normal) did not let me get through Kanako (The bloody card just won't die! And then I get bored and end up slipping)
rofl bye

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #58 on: April 30, 2009, 10:56:11 PM »
Very odd how I cannot beat MS Extra yet. I'm still working one BS pattern. That is, the one where she shoots billions of lasers and billions of micro-bullets/lasers. It's all in purple. Looks like the pattern in tHRtP, so I'd assume its just a matter of staying underneath her.

Oh, and the previous dual-pattern attack? With the "guided" lasers and other misc. unimportant bullets? (followed by the basic streaming pattern). When the attack ends, the lasers which have not materialized yet (i.e. are still moving to their position) materialize at that instant. So I was on top of one of those lasers when the attack ended. It's just... a stupid death.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #59 on: April 30, 2009, 10:58:52 PM »
Very odd how I cannot beat MS Extra yet. I'm still working one BS pattern. That is, the one where she shoots billions of lasers and billions of micro-bullets/lasers. It's all in purple. Looks like the pattern in tHRtP, so I'd assume its just a matter of staying underneath her.

This one gave me trouble for a very long time, but like you said the trick is to stay under Alice. The farther away you are from under her the more BS the attack gets.

Oh, and the previous dual-pattern attack? With the "guided" lasers and other misc. unimportant bullets? (followed by the basic streaming pattern). When the attack ends, the lasers which have not materialized yet (i.e. are still moving to their position) materialize at that instant. So I was on top of one of those lasers when the attack ended. It's just... a stupid death.

That's her easiest phase. Just remember that you can never backtrack your movements and focus on the line bullets.