Author Topic: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments  (Read 183806 times)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« on: April 21, 2009, 06:16:08 AM »
Since I didn't see it yet, figured might as well.

Most recent fail:

Tried MS Normal, phailed badly against Alice, then that pair in Stage 4.  I just gave up after the conclusion of that stage - there's no way I'd get to Shinki in that time.  And this was after a nigh-perfect Stage 1 and 2.  Damn rank system.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Sodium

• pew pew lasers
Re: Most Embarassing Touhou Moments
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2009, 12:01:13 PM »
Let's see my recent Embarrassments...

-Got Broomed by Marisa as she was entering the screen with 5 bombs. -_-
-Cannot capture Buddhist Diamond in game when I captured it in Spell Practice on my first try
-My record for Mystia's midboss card sucks for some reason
-I die to Reisen's last card in the stupidest ways possible
-I deathbombed Kaguya's last card 5 seconds after the beginning wave. Yeah. I then died 10 seconds later.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2009, 02:16:01 PM »
Well, what have I failed at recently?

-Attemping to 1cc the UFO demo on Hard awhile back with SanaeA.  Got to Ichirin with 3 lives and 2 bombs.  Thought I had a pretty good shot.

...Wrong.  I die TWICE to her first non-spell.  First death I somehow backed into a bullet wave after clearing it trying to prepare for the next one.  Second death was just me being stupid.  That first death though...yeah.

I then bomb her first spellcard, get past her next non-spellcard, get fisted on her 2nd spellcard.

My final life goes bye bye on her last non-spellcard.  Fail is me.

-Dying to the stage 2 midboss of EoSD on Hard...by hitting one of the knives.  The easy to dodge knives by simply tapping left or right after they're fired.  Yeah that was so wrong.

That all doesn't compare to what happened a couple days ago though...

-...I ram into one of the birds or whatever right after the EoSD stage 2 midboss.  *Facepalms self*.  Do I fail or what?
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Tenbatsu! Myon Rabbie

• I cannot and will not learn.
  • Letty is sick of my shit.
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2009, 04:23:23 PM »
Pretty much something like this: '' OH SHIT I CAN DODGE THIS, BUT IM GOING TO MAKE A QUICK MOVEMENT SO I WILL DEFINETLY GET KILLED BY THAT BULLET COMING TOWARDS ME '' and such..

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2009, 09:47:25 PM »
Most Embarassing Touhou Moments

Every time I play.

:(

MSN-02 Zeong

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2009, 10:45:27 PM »
Accidentally running the UFO demo at full screen and then thinking there would be no difference, followed by running into Nazrin's bullets twice.

Omnifish

• One Fish To Rule Them All
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2009, 11:13:43 PM »
I was playing IN Hard with Magic Team, and had gotten up to Kaguya. I was doing well, until I attempted to use the MAlice Cannon and got thrown off by the sticky keys popup...

Drake

« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2009, 12:53:03 AM »
Wtf. Dry run of SA Hard, perfect everything until Yugi.

NO BOMBING
CLIPDEATHS EVERYWHERE
LOL YOU DIE ON EVERYTHING

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Adun

« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2009, 02:28:32 AM »
Doing the first 4 stages in any game perfectly with no deaths, minimal bombs and then withering away to your last life and no bombs at the final spell card due to nerves.  :/

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2009, 04:42:56 AM »
When you have to bomb Remilia's second non-spell card, it always feels like you lost something more than a bomb...

BTW, this was the same run I captured Scarlet Gensokyo in just now.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Easy Mode

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2009, 07:03:53 AM »
...Here's a total embarassment for you. My four year old sister is better than I am.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2009, 07:38:20 AM »
...Here's a total embarassment for you. My four year old sister is better than I am.
Prodigy!

...yeah that must crush your self-esteem a fair bit  ;_;
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

Contempt

« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2009, 07:47:46 AM »
Awhile ago I kept using up all my lives in SA on the second stage... On normal. I guess I got to confident and flew around with out noticing the bullets...

Wow.

Honest question, how is that so? Do you play in a awkward style your uncomfortable in, does your focus shift off the screen or just slow reaction time?

Or is your sister already developed enough to be able to catch on to video games at a young age and have fast reflexes?

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2009, 10:29:02 AM »
All of my embarrassing moments come from being so mesmerized by "Oooh that danmaku pattern is pretty!" that I get killed.

That, or I'm too busy bopping my head and whistling along to a theme song that I mess up (Looking at you, Beloved Tomboyish Daughter).

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2009, 12:44:59 AM »
3 lives for final boss in MoF, lost them all and win, my bonus score turned into complete crap.

FML

Sana

• Good gravy!
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 12:59:21 AM »
Once, I lost all my lives on MoF Stage 4. In PRACTICE MODE.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 01:03:02 AM »
Went up to the top to grab power, promptly got decked by midboss Wriggle.  Pain.  I keep going anyway.

Went up to the top to grab points...promptly got decked by Mystia.

...argh.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2009, 01:54:09 AM »
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

When I realized I had never captured Scarlet Meister hard ironically, I opened up hard mode for the first time in ever. I died over and over again. Part of it is because I never bothered to play hard with anyone other than Marisa B (who despite being extremely awesome in the actual game kinda sucks in spell practice), and part of it is because I'm so used to the bullets being faster I kept dodging into bullets. And part of it was because for some reason I was controlling Marisa like a (9).
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Easy Mode

« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2009, 02:34:40 AM »
Awhile ago I kept using up all my lives in SA on the second stage... On normal. I guess I got to confident and flew around with out noticing the bullets...

Wow.

Honest question, how is that so? Do you play in a awkward style your uncomfortable in, does your focus shift off the screen or just slow reaction time?

Or is your sister already developed enough to be able to catch on to video games at a young age and have fast reflexes?
I swear I've got ADD or something. It's so hard to concentrate without singing along and losing my focus. I still need to get a replay of her playing.

LordVant

• I'm a strange type of crazy...the one you love and fear
  • Do not challenge the gateguard
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2009, 03:17:43 AM »
Let's see, most embarassing?

Started StB and blind-rushed the very first boss hoping to shoot the crap out of her.  :-[

Not the brightest idea ever, but still funny.  ::)

FIGHT!

« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2009, 03:47:39 AM »
I keep dying at the beginning of stage one UFO trying to get the UFOs...

« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2009, 04:13:07 AM »
I keep dying at the beginning of stage one UFO trying to get the UFOs...

I die constantly to the stage 1 of every shooting game I try to play.  Usually repeatedly, for about half an hour straight, before actually getting some kind of actual run going.  Do you know how many times I've failed Frost Columns?  More than I'd like to admit.

Edit:  Whaaaaa..... I just had what started out as the best SSG extra ever.  A perfect stage run, and deathless Marisa fight (Four bombs. goddamn she's such bullshit).  It was the first time ever that I'd gotten to Reimu with four lives, and then... I fell apart.  I HAD FOUR LIVES HOW COULD I HAVE LOST DJFKLDS;AJ
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 04:56:39 AM by Azinth »

Contempt

« Reply #22 on: April 23, 2009, 04:56:28 AM »
I swear I've got ADD or something. It's so hard to concentrate without singing along and losing my focus. I still need to get a replay of her playing.

Hmm a replay would be interesting. If you have trouble focusing just try to focus on the character at the start until you can start focusing on the screen as a whole with out spacing off... Or ask your sis for pointers!

Speaking of embarrassing here is one. Having not died once on a normal run in Imperishable Night only to use ALL your lives at Marisa.

Young Demon Lord

• Banned
  • Bye!
« Reply #23 on: April 23, 2009, 05:12:34 AM »
I've had times when I wanted to show off my skills, and then I proceed to have a series of exceptionally bad runs of whatever, whether it be Normal story or Extra stage.

Really makes me look incompetent.  I hate it. >_<
An array of angled lasers and bubble waves.
The only problem is that your hitbox is so small....

hiddenryuu

• Artist in Training
« Reply #24 on: April 23, 2009, 06:08:16 AM »
I suddenly lost all ability to do Sakuya's Jack the lude bile (First spellcard)

...It's like the easiest part of her boss fight yet I keep failing it :(

« Reply #25 on: April 23, 2009, 08:40:21 PM »
Lost to Yuyuko with Meiling :<

Then choose Sakuya and got hit like twice the entire battle

?lice Bl?ckb?rn

• The real Alice Blackbarn!
  • "OH DESIRE"
« Reply #26 on: April 23, 2009, 10:01:59 PM »
Random MoF run: got VoWG down to so little health that my death was enough to kill the spellcard.
"Oh, great. Another game where I get screwed by Kilga." ~ Carthrat

Gappy

• Oh...oh I was not ready for this.
  • It's only Logical....
« Reply #27 on: April 23, 2009, 10:06:24 PM »
My first run on Sakuya in EoSD almost 2 years ago. I was jubilant over finally defeating her. I thought, yeah! Remi next! Then finally Flandre! The one I've been waiting for!

...and that darned message came up 'replay the game on normal with no continues to challenge the last boss' or something like that. My heart sank, dead.

And I've still yet to reach Remi even now (For lack of trying, really. I just felt so discouraged by that stupid message that I hardly ever tried again.)

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #28 on: April 23, 2009, 10:22:32 PM »
Didn't you wonder why the difficulty select said 5 stages for Easy?
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #29 on: April 23, 2009, 11:02:42 PM »
Here we go!

SA Normal with ReimuB (aka Suika).

The run was going pretty good overall. Save for 1-2 failed spell cards from stages 1-4, there were 0 deaths. Enter Stage 5. My lives hit the max by the time I'm at the infamous ghost wheels (even at Normal, they prove to be a problem for me). So I clip a bullet. 1 life lost; point item value goes down (remember, I never died before that).

Stage 6 would be trivial (as it really should be, barring random spray from Utsuho's cards)...

...Enter Utsuho, capturing the 1st card. Bomb the second card once (BS walling of giant bullets). Then clip a blue bullet (-1 life). After recovering, moments later I clipped not once, not twice, but thrice on the last non-spell. At this point, I... was overwhelmed. 3 times?

I denied myself... 75 million points (extend from collecting at least 4 star pieces; 1 from stage 5). Score is standing at 465 million. I would've been at 540 million.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2009, 11:05:57 PM by BaitySM »
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者