Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F  (Read 297241 times)

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
  • I have returned from the nothingness once more...
Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F
« on: November 05, 2015, 05:10:39 PM »
Thread 1
Thread 2
Thread 3
Thread 4
Thread 5
Thread 6
Thread 7
Thread 8
Thread 9
Thread 10
Thread 11
Thread 12
Thread 13
Thread 14

Translation Thread

English Wiki

LoT 1
LoT 2

MoonJapanese Wiki

LoT 1
LoT 2

LoT 1 Patches and other downloads
Ver 2.04 patch
Ver 2.06B patch Dead link. HALP.
Ver 3.01 patch
English Patch for Ver 3.01
Cheat Engine chart (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Cheat table for Special Disc on Win XP (Cheat list ver: 8th June 2010)
Suggested builds
Offline database
New Game+ file for version 3.01

LoT 2, its Patches, and other downloads
The place to go to buy a legitimate copy of the game. The instructions for how to navigate the site in order to buy it is here.

Start game with all characters
Ver 1.202
Ver 1.203

Image packs
Squidtentacle's pack
chripy's pack
Pandaology's pack

Enemy Info
Contains their Stats, Affinities, Ailment Resistances, EXP, Money, Drops, and Types

Spellcard Info
4 text files for Characters, Commands, Enemies, and Subclass data in a zip file

Individual files for those who only don't want to download a zip file
Character
Commands
Enemies
Subclasses

Passive Skill Info
Data on all the character's passive skills that affect damage formulas, stats, etc

Enemy AI Dump

Developer's site: http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/
Main page : http://www.geocities.jp/aaa_3peso/THL2/top.htm

And thus it continues. Carry on.

Also, as an aside, I noticed that I started the last LoT2 thread almost precisely a year ago from this very day. Huh.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 10:47:55 PM by Kirin no Sora »
There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Thata no Guykoro

• I ran out of good lines a while ago
  • It alllll makes sense now
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 2 - 15F
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 05:13:20 PM »
Hi there. I have just beaten the final boss of the game (yay) and have some question:

-Where can I find the regeneration heart? It seems that I missed it. Also, how can I obtain the Ame no murakumo item? I suppose I will obtain every item of page 6 in the post-game content (and maybe the Murakumo), but I don't know were to find the regeneration heart.

-About FOEs, I have data of 11 of them. The only 1 I have seen and cannot beat is the one in 16F that heals itself for more than 170.000 each turn. Do I need to beat that one to unlock the achivement of register all 12 FOEs or is there another FOE which I cannot saw? Also, are those 12 FOEs the ones I need to eliminate to obtain the achivement of "There isn't a single FOE alive"? Well, not that 12 cause Yuugi doesnt appear again, so only 11.

-Lastly, I only have 10 stone of awakening. Did I miss 2 of them or are they in the post-game content?
Answering this from last thread! The FOE you haven't beaten, the 16F one, is both the one you need to beat to register all the FOEs, and the enemy that drops the Regenerator's Heart (100% chance, at least). For having all 12 at once, remember there's two Eight-Eyed Serpents. They both need to be dead, as well as the other ten FOEs.

The Murakumo item is the item that gets dropped by the upgraded final boss, which needs the extra bosses dead, and so on. It's basically the last thing you can get.

And the last couple Stones are in the Extra Areas, iirc. You didn't miss them.

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2015, 05:46:11 PM »
I would like to add a cheese strategy for Eiki boss battle on floor 13 that I just happened to find out on my first playthrough through sheer chance.

Have some characters debuffing Eiki's speed in the beginning of the fight. (I was just spamming Reisen's Discarder as per usual for most boss fights but other characters and Heavy probably works well too) Have Aya and Yuyuko out in the field with both buffed up heavily in speed. Once Eiki uses concentrate, have Yuyuko spam her first spellcard that reduces the ATB bar while having another character continuously debuffing Eiki's speed. With this method, Eiki's turn will essentially never come while Yuyuko can continuously regenerate enough mana to continue spamming her ability with the help of Aya's speed buffs and free turns. A third character can keep up with the debuffs and a fourth character that has enough stats to do damage versus Eiki's buffed up defenses during Concentrate should completely cheese the fight. (I was using a Sorceress Yuuka)

It was pretty funny how I discovered this and Eiki during Concentrate is probably one of the few exceptions in the game where Yuyuko can cheese a boss' ATB bar. I don't know if it works for any other bosses, and I don't think this is as broken as Diva.

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 01:34:10 AM »
You don't need another character continuously debuffing Eiki's SPD since buffs / debuffs only decay when the character gets a turn. If you're using Yuyuko's ATB manipulation, Eiki never gets her turns so her SPD debuff never decays. Instead, I'd just slap in a character with Magician to share the MP around if this trick really works without excess investment. This seems too specific to how you've built your characters to be used universally.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 07:44:34 AM by jaxter0987 »

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 04:09:48 AM »
Could someone please include the LoT2 charagraph in the intro? Also other charagraph that I found like TPDP. It would be easier than linking the download link over and over.

« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 05:09:40 AM »
You don't need another character continuously debuffing Eiki's SPD since buffs / debuffs only decay when the character gets a turn. If you're using Yuyuko's ATB manipulation, Eiki never gets her turns so her SPD debuff never decays. Instead, I'd just slap in a character with Magician so share the MP around if this trick really works without excess investment. This seems too specific to how you've built your characters to be used universally.

Oh yeah, so I guess you actually don't need to have someone keep sticking speed debuffs.

I haven't used Magician much besides for the passives for some characters. But this trick barely needs any investment. I was keeping Yuyuko around for mob clearing with her death effects so I just slapped all level bonuses on Speed but was too lazy to take her out in my first test fight vs Eiki. Other than that, you have speed demon Aya, which is probably the best build for her anyway, anybody that can do damage vs Eiki's Concentration defenses and anybody that can debuff speed. It was pure luck how I found this cheese. My Yuuka was spamming Flower Shot while I was switching up my characters and getting ready for whatever hell on earth Eiki was about to unleash on me with her concentration, but I noticed my Yuuka attacked like 4 times and Eiki's turn never came. So I decided to try Yuyuko's ATB manipulation skill for the first time and see what happens.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2015, 02:35:36 PM »
And i'm just sitting here, being stuck on 9F Tenshi .___.

« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2015, 04:14:19 PM »
Answering this from last thread! The FOE you haven't beaten, the 16F one, is both the one you need to beat to register all the FOEs, and the enemy that drops the Regenerator's Heart (100% chance, at least). For having all 12 at once, remember there's two Eight-Eyed Serpents. They both need to be dead, as well as the other ten FOEs.

The Murakumo item is the item that gets dropped by the upgraded final boss, which needs the extra bosses dead, and so on. It's basically the last thing you can get.

And the last couple Stones are in the Extra Areas, iirc. You didn't miss them.

Thank you very much! I'll train a little before taking that FOE. I don't like regeneration bosses :(

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2015, 04:58:39 PM »
And i'm just sitting here, being stuck on 9F Tenshi .___.
If you post some information about your team and what are you trying we can help.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2015, 05:58:20 PM »
If you post some information about your team and what are you trying we can help.
My current team is:
Mokou
Komachi
Reisen
Enchanter Keine
Minoriko
Kasen
Nitori
Hexer Hina
Satori
Parsee
Nazrin
Wriggle

Their levels are between 42 and 47.
I don't really know what else to write

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2015, 07:00:19 PM »
My current team is:
[...]
Their levels are between 42 and 47.
I don't really know what else to write
With that team I believe your best course of action would be loading up Komachi with nature resistant gear and fielding Intense Vertigo Reisen, Wriggle and Satori to poison her.
Keep her under Heavy, too. If you can subclass Kasen as a Monk that would also be great to help dealing damage.
Avoiding buffs makes it so she won't use Sword of Hisou. You can either avoid them altogether or make a strategy in which you have slot 1 tank always buffed and go crazy on the buffs to make it so she'll always target that tank and only use Sword.

« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2015, 08:06:15 PM »
http://imgur.com/dewmAu5

I think there something wrong with your face, Marisa.

I will report more bugs as I come across them.

Edit: Sorry, I forgot to add that it's only the small and large face that does that.

Thanks for the report.  It'll be some time before I can really get to fixing it, but when I do, I'll post an updated pack.

Otaku

• Like the wiiiiind!
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2015, 10:13:25 PM »
With that team I believe your best course of action would be loading up Komachi with nature resistant gear and fielding Intense Vertigo Reisen, Wriggle and Satori to poison her.
Keep her under Heavy, too. If you can subclass Kasen as a Monk that would also be great to help dealing damage.
Avoiding buffs makes it so she won't use Sword of Hisou. You can either avoid them altogether or make a strategy in which you have slot 1 tank always buffed and go crazy on the buffs to make it so she'll always target that tank and only use Sword.
Thanks for the help, i'll do my best :3

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2015, 11:57:54 AM »
If you had chosen Kaguya instead of Mokou, I would've recommended inflicting Silence on Tenshi. I've tried it myself, and it actually made a huge difference when I tackled the fight with Calamity Four. Made Hina go from practically no damage to hitting 3k with every strike.

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2015, 05:26:43 AM »
Could someone please include the LoT2 charagraph in the intro? Also other charagraph that I found like TPDP. It would be easier than linking the download link over and over.

If I can be pointed to said links, I will be happy to add them in as soon as I'm not half-asleep.

There is no greater joy than knowing that the Touhou invasion is unstoppable, and the legacy of Gensokyo will never fade away...

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2015, 06:06:04 AM »
Might as well add the LoT1 updated English patch to the intro. It is around the middle of the page.

https://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,16978.0.html

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2015, 02:04:26 AM »
To whoever said that LoT1 character roster was balanced, i disagree, i found the LoT 2 way more balanced skill wise

But Now that i think abit more about it, the two games dont change much in general (Nukers,Tankers,Buffers,Extra stuff) and LoT 2 just added more ways to be broken with the sub-class thing, meanwhile LoT1 was like disgaea, high damage numbers and broken equips everywhere with some bosses having a "Kill me or you die this turn"

Now, Whos the queen of broken, Nitori Or Byakuren?  :V

Rinnosuke seriously needs his own subclass once you get the sword,like on those games where you get a ridicously strong weapon after beating the bonus boss, just for bragging rights

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2015, 03:12:30 AM »
To whoever said that LoT1 character roster was balanced, i disagree, i found the LoT 2 way more balanced skill wise
It would be nice if you explained your points instead of dismissing an entire page of discussion with a vague statement.

But Now that i think abit more about it, the two games dont change much in general (Nukers,Tankers,Buffers,Extra stuff) and LoT 2 just added more ways to be broken with the sub-class thing, meanwhile LoT1 was like disgaea, high damage numbers and broken equips everywhere with some bosses having a "Kill me or you die this turn"
LoT1's equips are nowhere nearly as important or "broken" as LoT2's due to how they work. The game also did not have numbers that huge before the plus disk, which we still don't have for LoT2, so you're comparing the games wrong.
Bosses in LoT2 also have damage rushes (Flandre's Laevatein, Mirror and Magatama becoming stronger on each turn taken, bosses that damage maximum HP), so that also is like LoT1.
LoT2 also has way bigger numbers when compared to boss HP. You need to be very overlevelled to be able to take out such large chunks of health in a single attack in LoT1 like you can in LoT2
In LoT1 every single character has its use. Some have very similar functions, let's take Patchouli, Mokou and Rin using their fire nukes for an example. Patchouli is slow, strong, very resilient against MND attacks but dies to anything physical and has damaging spells for different ocasions, Mokou is durable and regenerates SP at a fantastic rate, has damage debuffs, but generally outputs weaker damage and Rin fast, not so durable but not so frail, has some utility spells, but heavily dependent on a buffer capable of buffing both of her offenses at the same time to deal good damage.
Meanwhile in LoT2 we have VERY CLEAR best characters. There is no reason to carry buffers other than Byakuren, if not to get her buffs up faster and Nitori and Flandre are such strong damage dealers that almost everyone else seems obsolete, only Eiki can compete. I guess Parsee, too, if you want to depend on a terror infliction before pressing the win button. Aya just destroys the entire game with a single subclass skill. Hina debuffs and tanks and attacks if you want to.  And that's it. No one compares to those.
In LoT1 if you opt to use the worse characters you'll end up with a game with about as much difficulty. In LoT2 using the top tiers utterly trivializes anything and everything.

Now, Whos the queen of broken, Nitori Or Byakuren?  :V
At higher levels, Maintenance allows Nitori to tank and nuke at the same time. If nothing changes she may be able to trivialize the expansion by herself.

Edit: I mean, just look at this: https://youtu.be/0iwvD3uwIv4
disclaimer: This video is kind of a fraud because I was lazy with the levelling down and choosing equipments that would be available at that part. Damage wasn't thoroughly optimized, though (no stat gems, for example). So it should be enough to prove a point.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 12:46:36 PM by Ryin »

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2015, 12:57:14 PM »
In LoT1 every single character has its use. Some have very similar functions, let's take Patchouli, Mokou and Rin using their fire nukes for an example. Patchouli is slow, strong, very resilient against MND attacks but dies to anything physical and has damaging spells for different ocasions, Mokou is durable and regenerates SP at a fantastic rate, has damage debuffs, but generally outputs weaker damage and Rin fast, not so durable but not so frail, has some utility spells, but heavily dependent on a buffer capable of buffing both of her offenses at the same time to deal good damage.

Meanwhile in LoT2 we have VERY CLEAR best characters. There is no reason to carry buffers other than Byakuren, if not to get her buffs up faster and Nitori and Flandre are such strong damage dealers that almost everyone else seems obsolete, only Eiki can compete. I guess Parsee, too, if you want to depend on a terror infliction before pressing the win button. Aya just destroys the entire game with a single subclass skill. Hina debuffs and tanks and attacks if you want to.  And that's it. No one compares to those.
In LoT1 if you opt to use the worse characters you'll end up with a game with about as much difficulty. In LoT2 using the top tiers utterly trivializes anything and everything.
There is a reason to carry buffers other than Byakuren, since post game bosses have been shown to be able to nullify buffs. Can't really make use of Byakurens buff transfer if she herself had her buffs nullified. Diva Aya is just a special kind of broken that I don't see how it could possibly be fixed short of making the Diva class useless.

I don't know why its a problem to have character power levels (1 to 10 as a scale to measure with) range from 7-10 in LoT2 versus LoT1's 4-10. I highly doubt you get about the same difficulty using the absolute worse characters in LoT1 versus the good characters. I can't be bothered to actually play through the game again though with the worse characters as the game is already ridiculously grindy enough as it is, and I'd likely have to grind more levels to make up for using bad characters.

I also don't remember any moment in LoT2 where it was just an instant wipe if you didn't meet a certain damage threshold. Actually I take that back, as I think the Mokou fight was like this. I can't remember the Flandre fight too well as I was overleveled when I went back to fight her. But the other examples you mentioned are lose conditions that slowly hit the player. It's not like most bosses in LoT1, where it was just an instant lose if you weren't careful about HP thresholds and counting your damages.

Edit: I think the Golden Orbs also had a party wipe move but I don't remember what causes it. In any case, I think I said this a few threads back but I feel that LoT2 is a lot more fair when it comes to entering a boss fight blind.

LoT1's equips are nowhere nearly as important or "broken" as LoT2's due to how they work. The game also did not have numbers that huge before the plus disk, which we still don't have for LoT2, so you're comparing the games wrong.
Oh and this statement works both ways as I'm fairly certain LoT1 characters got nerfed when Plus Disk and Special Disk came out. So the whole, "LoT1 characters' power levels aren't as varied as LoT2 power levels" point is kind of moot now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 01:10:04 PM by jaxter0987 »

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2015, 01:50:47 PM »
There is a reason to carry buffers other than Byakuren, since post game bosses have been shown to be able to nullify buffs. Can't really make use of Byakurens buff transfer if she herself had her buffs nullified.
What part of "other than to get her buffs up faster" did you not read?

I don't know why its a problem to have character power levels (1 to 10 as a scale to measure with) range from 7-10 in LoT2 versus LoT1's 4-10. I highly doubt you get about the same difficulty using the absolute worse characters in LoT1 versus the good characters. I can't be bothered to actually play through the game again though with the worse characters as the game is already ridiculously grindy enough as it is, and I'd likely have to grind more levels to make up for using bad characters.
It's very much a problem and your scales aren't fair. No character trivializes the game in LoT1. Everyone has some sort of weakness and that weakness is relevant to a point (full ATK Nitori requires switcher support to hit and run, for example). The best characters do not trivialize the game by existing. In LoT2 they do.
LoT1's 10 is a lot lower than LoT2's. And LoT1's worst characters aren't that down below the best ones. Like I said before, LoT1 tiers go from C+ to A+ and LoT2's go from B to S. That meaning everybody is decently viable in LoT1 and the best characters are still "fair". S tier is "obviously better than the rest, there are very few reasons to choose anybody else". So if we would go from your number grades it would be something like 5-8 for LoT1 and 6-11 for LoT2. Out of 10.
The game isn't really grindy if you play it well and I've used many party compositions with worse characters and never had to grind more than for stronger teams. The only points in which I think significant grinding is required are: Rinnosuke, Maribel, Agastobrauma and 30F. Before Rinnosuke no grind is required at all, unless your team is purposely bad (and by that I don't mean having weaker characters. I mean actually dumb things like not having any bulky characters or healers).

I also don't remember any moment in LoT2 where it was just an instant wipe if you didn't meet a certain damage threshold. Actually I take that back, as I think the Mokou fight was like this. I can't remember the Flandre fight too well as I was overleveled when I went back to fight her. But the other examples you mentioned are lose conditions that slowly hit the player. It's not like most bosses in LoT1, where it was just an instant lose if you weren't careful about HP thresholds and counting your damages.
Edit: I think the Golden Orbs also had a party wipe move but I don't remember what causes it. In any case, I think I said this a few threads back but I feel that LoT2 is a lot more fair when it comes to entering a boss fight blind.
Doesn't change the fact those are damage races and that's what those bosses in LoT1 essentially are.

Oh and this statement works both ways as I'm fairly certain LoT1 characters got nerfed when Plus Disk and Special Disk came out. So the whole, "LoT1 characters' power levels aren't as varied as LoT2 power levels" point is kind of moot now that I think about it.
As far as I'm aware the only formula that got changed was Nitori's gun. And that one was a humongous buff. So what are you talking about?

Edit: used a tome of reincarnation and redid the fight under hard mode conditions. A lot went wrong but I was still able to cheese it.
https://youtu.be/lfsXtd_syt8
And now in the first phase: https://youtu.be/98xKCBTEAaE
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 06:35:54 PM by Ryin »

Kirin no Sora

• Wanderer of Gensokyo
« Reply #20 on: November 11, 2015, 01:28:55 AM »
Rinnosuke seriously needs his own subclass once you get the sword,like on those games where you get a ridicously strong weapon after beating the bonus boss, just for bragging rights

Personally, I would prefer that he would be given the ability to use more than one subclass, as well as gain more skill points from the Training Manuals. I mean, said items are limited in number, so if you are using them for him, it would help him tremendously, given that his stat boosting abilities are so expensive in the first place. My thought is that he could receive three points per TM(Training Manual) instead of one, and that he could only use a second subclass after obtaining a key item.

« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2015, 02:05:14 AM »
It would be nice if you explained your points instead of dismissing an entire page of discussion with a vague statement.

Its this annoying feeling on the back of my head that makes me sure LoT2 is more balanced than LoT1

Here are some examples I THINK could convince people,Compared LoT 1 cirno or wriggle to LoT 2, Wriggle is the goddess of poison damage and cirno now can do more than *Pray for a PAR*

I believe this is mostly because now niche characters get buffs when they are paired with other niche characters (Team nineball for example) LoT1 was mostly a high numbers race, meanwhile LoT2 required some degree of planning (Hello great "C")

OR i am just biased because i used utsuho on both games and everyone keeps saying she is horrible  :ohdear:

« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2015, 02:42:17 AM »
Its this annoying feeling on the back of my head that makes me sure LoT2 is more balanced than LoT1

Here are some examples I THINK could convince people,Compared LoT 1 cirno or wriggle to LoT 2, Wriggle is the goddess of poison damage and cirno now can do more than *Pray for a PAR*
Oh, on those terms I absolutely agree with you. The worse characters do indeed benefit of the new things and are in general better, yes.
The reason people usually agree on LoT2 being less balanced is that the power gap between low and high tiers is larger. And that gap is sometimes incoherent with what the enemies can do. And that's what imbalance is.

Now about those two in LoT1: they are actually a lot better than you're describing, but if you don't invest their level ups properly they will suck.

Wriggle is very capable of being your main tank for the entire game. You gotta invest almost all o her level ups in DEF (something like 50/50 DEF/MND until lv 50 and then full DEF) for her to work, but what you get in return is a tank with great ailment resists and good damage potential (poison does drop in damage in the late post game, but it still pulls out good numbers for a tank). She's kind of awkward to use in the very early game due to her elemental resists and she won't be able to handle stuff like Yuugi without a buff but she's definitely a capable unit.

Cirno is also a character who actually surprised me when I used her for real. You gotta invest full attack and have a way to buff both of her offenses to be able to output decent damage, but the added effects of her moves are pretty good. She's also surprisingly durable. Her defenses are low but her high level up rate, decent HP growth and cheap library HP levels make her hard to fall in one hit as you'd expect her to. She does fall of kind of hard somewhere in the post game, but she's still very much usable.

I bet you'd pleasantly surprised if you actually made a team that would take advantage of their strengths.

I believe this is mostly because now niche characters get buffs when they are paired with other niche characters (Team nineball for example) LoT1 was mostly a high numbers race, meanwhile LoT2 required some degree of planning (Hello great "C")

OR i am just biased because i used utsuho on both games and everyone keeps saying she is horrible  :ohdear:
I frankly believe I've never had to prepare for anything in LoT2 as much as I had for LoT1 bosses. They do have some specific stuff but, more often than not, it was just a matter of swapping level up bonuses from DEF to MND and vice versa. Meanwhile in LoT1 I had to take out everyone's equips and specialize them for a boss fight more than once. There are quite a few bosses that made me think about turn order optimization and things like that. In LoT2 the only battle I can actually remember having trouble with was doing the three orbs blind. Great "C" was just a matter of only using AoE, that's not really what I would call planning.

I think one big problem is that people usually consider LoT1 a grindy game and just grind their way out of any difficulty, while in LoT2 you have the challenge levels to mock you for doing that. But you seriously don't have to grind at all in LoT1 until the very end of the main game. And if you do progress through the extra floors like you're allowed to instead of waiting and grinding, you don't need to grind much for the post game, too. Until the very end, that is.

I mean, I love LoT2 a lot. But there is just so much dumb broken stuff in that game. It's sad that you have to jump through hoops to not break the game.

Also: please do tell about your experiences with Utsuho. I love to hear about this kind of stuff. I used her a lot in LoT2 and she's pretty fun, even if her stuff is underwhelming.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 03:47:52 AM by Ryin »

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2015, 03:57:55 AM »
Actually, while many characters in lot1 had a desperation mode where you are meant to kill them before their next turn, the game was very much not a high numbers race. People constantly mistake that lot1 favors glass cannon builds but it really doesn't. For the most part, you can beat bosses at lower levels from what I've seen (and I've seen alot) by having defensive builds over offensive ones actually. Bosses that have desperation nukes are still manageable with a defense oriented party because you can prepare for that phase much better with high sp on your best nukes, buff/debuff management. It's harder to prepare those things at 100% if your party is full of squishies, but if it's not you can really take your time setting that phase up.

The only bosses that are really noticeably harder with a defensive party IMO are Yukari and baal avatar, since they are CONSISTENTLY dangerous and need killing more than being careful for more than half their healthpool

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2015, 10:25:28 AM »
3peso is still working on the expansion apparently, he made a couple twitter posts a couple weeks back saying how he was planning on staying off twitter while focusing on the game or something.  So it's not completely dead.  Probably.

« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2015, 09:18:40 PM »
I don't know where to post this, so I'll just post it here. A friend's having a lot of trouble running both LoT1 and LoT2. He describes it as "the game playing for a bit, then the music warps and then it completely freezes". I don't know a potential fix or where the issue could be lying, and neither does he.

Here's his specs if required:

Processor: Intel i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.5GHz
RAM: 16GB
System Type: 64bits
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 860M

« Reply #26 on: November 11, 2015, 09:50:12 PM »
I don't know where to post this, so I'll just post it here. A friend's having a lot of trouble running both LoT1 and LoT2. He describes it as "the game playing for a bit, then the music warps and then it completely freezes". I don't know a potential fix or where the issue could be lying, and neither does he.
I have no idea of what it could be, but: is he using Windows 8 or Windows 10 which hates everything? Tried updating graphics and/or audio drivers? Tried Japanese locale just in case? DirectX, too, might be an issue. I don't know if LoT would crash because of that but try making sure DirectX 9 is installed.

Actually, while many characters in lot1 had a desperation mode where you are meant to kill them before their next turn, the game was very much not a high numbers race. People constantly mistake that lot1 favors glass cannon builds but it really doesn't. For the most part, you can beat bosses at lower levels from what I've seen (and I've seen alot) by having defensive builds over offensive ones actually. Bosses that have desperation nukes are still manageable with a defense oriented party because you can prepare for that phase much better with high sp on your best nukes, buff/debuff management. It's harder to prepare those things at 100% if your party is full of squishies, but if it's not you can really take your time setting that phase up.

The only bosses that are really noticeably harder with a defensive party IMO are Yukari and baal avatar, since they are CONSISTENTLY dangerous and need killing more than being careful for more than half their healthpool
Rinnosuke too, but only to some extent. If you don't have the means to take out his forms quickly that battle is a lot worse. But being careful is still very important.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:23:47 PM by Ryin »

« Reply #27 on: November 11, 2015, 11:18:51 PM »
I have no idea of what it could be, but: is he using Windows 8 or Windows 10 which hates everything? Tried updating graphics and/or audio drivers? Tried Japanese locale just in case? DirectX, too, might be an issue. I don't know if LoT would crash because of that but try making sure DirectX 9 is installed.

He has Windows 8, all of his drivers are up to date, and he's tried japanese locale the whole time. I'll tell him about DirectX, I guess.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #28 on: November 11, 2015, 11:33:52 PM »
Actually Rinnosuke is absolute cake with a defensive party excluding the first phase only. MAYBE the last phase can be a problem if it's your first time playing and you don't know it's coming but never had any issues with it.

« Reply #29 on: November 12, 2015, 12:01:17 AM »
Actually Rinnosuke is absolute cake with a defensive party excluding the first phase only. MAYBE the last phase can be a problem if it's your first time playing and you don't know it's coming but never had any issues with it.
The first phase is exactly why I said that. TP removal and high damage is pretty harsh. And being able to take the elemental forms down quickly makes them even less of an issue.