Author Topic: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)  (Read 270845 times)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
Re: Touhou Puppet Dance Performance (Touhoumon)
« Reply #660 on: January 04, 2016, 08:30:20 PM »
Yup, you can pretty much solo the game with your starter. I even defeated the last boss with Mai (my first starter) only, and no other puppet even saw the fight.

In fact with the massive level spikes at bosses it's probobly the best course of action.

Especially Mokou. Because powerful fire moves when hardly anything in the game actually resists fire at that point [And isn't a starter] let alone is strong enough to take down a Mokou that's a massive level spike... at least they kept it base form despite being the level to style change.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
« Reply #661 on: January 05, 2016, 02:51:18 PM »
In fact with the massive level spikes at bosses it's probobly the best course of action.

Especially Mokou. Because powerful fire moves when hardly anything in the game actually resists fire at that point [And isn't a starter] let alone is strong enough to take down a Mokou that's a massive level spike... at least they kept it base form despite being the level to style change.
Yeah, Mokou is a rather huge level spike from what came exacly before her. All of the bunnies in the Forest had puppets on levels 18-22 (Reisen and Tewi included!) and she suddenly throws 30 at you. In one playthrough when I chose a starter with higher cost who hadn't had a style change yet she utterly destroyed me.

I also noticed that some types may be generally favored from the others. For example, Reimu can be a huge obstacle if you don't have anything effective aganist her, but if you have a sound puppet she suddenly becomes a cake walk. There aren't that many bosses super effective aganist water, too. Or at least I don't remember there being. Maybe one or two puppets, but water generally doeasn't get too much resistance.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

« Reply #662 on: January 05, 2016, 04:07:08 PM »
Funny thing with Mokou about my blind playthrough was that she was no problem at all for me once my starter Flandre was 30 and style changed to Speed. She just one-shotted every single one of Mokou's puppets and did the same thing with Marisa's puppets right after that. Remilia was more of a level spike for me than Mokou was, but funny enough my Assist Akyuu was all that I needed in the end to defeat her last puppet. So in the end, her Sakuya puppet was the hardest for me since my team was a bit susceptible to Steel and Illusion at that time.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2016, 04:10:21 PM by Yuuhi »

« Reply #663 on: January 05, 2016, 05:08:09 PM »
Sadly, Remilia's been greatly weakened in the expansion, capping out at level 33. Only three levels higher than Mokou! It seems they wanted to make the main storyline fairly speedbump-free.

The battle frontier in the post-postgame is pretty tough though, at least for me.

« Reply #664 on: January 05, 2016, 06:59:14 PM »
For real? I didn't really mind that speed bump. If something needed to be more balanced, it's everything after that. By the time I managed to get to Utsuho, her puppets were severely underleveled compared to mine. As a matter of fact, before the encounter with Reimu and Marisa right before going to Makai, everything was underleveled.

I just unlocked Online and i really want to test it out, does someone play Touhou Puppet Dance Performance, Please Reply me if you play it.
 :( :( :( :( :( :( :ohdear: :ohdear: :ohdear:

jester147

• Touhou, Rhythm Game, JRPG fan
« Reply #666 on: January 25, 2016, 06:52:04 AM »
Why are you so desperate? Netplay isn't that hard. Just ask someone's IP and port and you can play. If you want to host, you need to port forward your router. If you can't port forward, use hamachi.

There's a group where you can play with a number of people, but forgot what it is...

Marron

• Ordinary crow
« Reply #667 on: February 05, 2016, 11:11:17 PM »
Ah that game. Well, I wanted to play it. I installed it, I patched the game, did all that thing correctly. The game worked perfectly at the time. I haven't had touched it for a while. Then I really wanted to play it today, but to really play the game. And no, 4 minutes later, my pc goes all black while I'm playing, the computer goes crazy, everything has crashed. And it always do that, now.
So I probably won't play that game. Maybe I'll watch some video on youtube.