Author Topic: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth  (Read 202464 times)

Re: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth
« Reply #30 on: June 16, 2013, 11:50:14 PM »
I don't know how they create it. Do they draw them by hand, then scan it? Do they draw on the computer? Do they use a touch pad to draw? Do they draw it on a smaller scale then enlarge it accordingly? The rendering software is mainly for the 3d thing.

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #31 on: June 17, 2013, 12:21:39 AM »
HM sprites are pixel art. For sprites of this caliber, they generally have to first draw a sketch (on paper or on touch pad), then define it pixel by pixel.

Recent 2D fighting game sprites have become large enough as to require 3D rendering aid. King of Fighters 12's sprites are almost directly converted from renderings, while BlazBlue's sprites are drawn over renderings. HM's sprites only used a little rendering aid for certain effects. You can see traces of 3D rendering in places like how Reimu and Marisa's skirts move a bit more stiffly than usual.

EDIT: The design meeting lasted until 4AM. Unabara said it's a very substantial meeting.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 01:27:38 AM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

« Reply #32 on: June 17, 2013, 01:40:11 AM »
EDIT: The design meeting lasted until 4AM. Unabara said it's a very substantial meeting.

Oooh, I hope we can expect some nice ideas from this meeting.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #33 on: June 17, 2013, 01:42:02 AM »
Oooh, I hope we can expect some nice ideas from this meeting.
Playable Kokoro. Playable characters in background when unused. Playable Shou.

That is all.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #34 on: June 17, 2013, 01:46:16 AM »
I would like to order some: more spellcards, playable Kokoro,  characters, and arcade mode please.
That is all.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

« Reply #35 on: June 17, 2013, 01:57:53 AM »
Playable Shou.
Don't get my hopes up! >~<

« Reply #36 on: June 17, 2013, 02:35:20 AM »
Playable Kokoro. Playable characters in background when unused. Playable Shou.

That is all.
I really don't think them being in the background means anything anymore. I was one of the strongest proponents of eliminating characters based on background presence during the lead-up to the game, but now that it's out I think it's kind of silly to care so much? The designers certainly never made any decisions based on who was in the background. The background character reflected the decisions they had already made. Now that they're in post-release patch/DLC/expansion pack mode, they'll make completely new decisions that have nothing to do with the background. A long meeting that goes on til 4 AM should have nothing to do with background characters in any way.

That said, there's still the small possibility that they were secretly working on a bonus character a la Meiling all this time.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
« Reply #37 on: June 17, 2013, 02:37:17 AM »
I really don't think them being in the background means anything anymore. I was one of the strongest proponents of eliminating characters based on background presence during the lead-up to the game, but now that it's out I think it's kind of silly to care so much? The designers certainly never made any decisions based on who was in the background. The background character reflected the decisions they had already made. Now that they're in post-release patch/DLC/expansion pack mode, they'll make completely new decisions that have nothing to do with the background. A long meeting that goes on til 4 AM should have nothing to do with background characters in any way.

That said, there's still the small possibility that they were secretly working on a bonus character a la Meiling all this time.

Scarlet only asked for the characters that are already playable to be in the background when they're not being used ingame.
Like, if a battle is between Marisa and Reimu, the other playable characters could appear in the background of the stage, the specific character(s) appearing depending on the stage.

« Reply #38 on: June 17, 2013, 02:38:01 AM »
Scarlet only asked for the characters that are already playable to be in the background when they're not being used ingame.
Like, if a battle is between Marisa and Reimu, the other playable characters could appear in the background of the stage, the specific character(s) appearing depending on the stage.
I know, but that was clearly only given as a prerequisite to adding Shou.

Kingault

« Reply #39 on: June 17, 2013, 02:52:56 AM »
I know, but that was clearly only given as a prerequisite to adding Shou.

Ah, I see.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #40 on: June 17, 2013, 03:34:56 AM »
Playable Kois- Oh wait

LadyScarlet

« Reply #41 on: June 17, 2013, 03:36:31 AM »
Playable Kois- Oh wait
Playable Satori or Flandre  :getdown:

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #42 on: June 17, 2013, 03:38:41 AM »
Playable Satori
Just play Koishi's 2nd color scheme :V

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #43 on: June 17, 2013, 04:05:17 AM »
Playable Kokoro, Meiling, & Momiji! :getdown:

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #44 on: June 17, 2013, 04:09:20 AM »
Sanae come baaaaaack ;_;

« Reply #45 on: June 17, 2013, 04:35:59 AM »
Seiga and Kasen are clearly the priorities. Hermit duel.

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #46 on: June 17, 2013, 04:41:52 AM »

Hermitdome 2: Beyond Hermitdome.

LadyScarlet

« Reply #47 on: June 17, 2013, 04:42:27 AM »
Seiga + Yoshika duo, plays like Carl and Ada from BlazBlue.  Hell yes.

« Reply #48 on: June 17, 2013, 05:42:16 AM »
Hermitdome 2: Beyond Hermitdome.

What was the first one...?

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #49 on: June 17, 2013, 06:25:18 AM »
Alright so while I only just recently got a hang on activating last words how do you make your practice mode target not block 24/7. I've messed with everything I could think of (not that I can read almost any of it) and it ain't workin'.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

« Reply #50 on: June 17, 2013, 06:31:30 AM »
Kasen?
I forgot her  :V
Hmm...considering WaHH is nearing its end, and that a Hisoutensoku-ish would take about one or two years(maybe?), she's certainly a probable character to add in a Hisoutensoku-ish sequel.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #51 on: June 17, 2013, 08:24:48 AM »
Alright so while I only just recently got a hang on activating last words how do you make your practice mode target not block 24/7. I've messed with everything I could think of (not that I can read almost any of it) and it ain't workin'.

http://shinkirou.koumakan.jp/wiki/Menus

Knowing how to read Katakana will help a lot when trying to figure out Japanese menus and descriptions.

Nitori sure changed a lot from what one would expect from dialogues from th10 and th11.

Miko's Influence of the East makes the game lag horribly on my laptop. Although my laptop doesn't quite meet the requirements for the game.

The color's of Futo's plates might be related to some traditional Chinese somethings, but I'm currently too lazy to elaborate.
Signature

Mesarthim

• Oh no, which direction should I move?
  • Clumsy
« Reply #52 on: June 17, 2013, 08:35:51 AM »
http://shinkirou.koumakan.jp/wiki/Menus

Knowing how to read Katakana will help a lot when trying to figure out Japanese menus and descriptions.

I knew I should have bookmarked that before. And yeah I keep telling myself I need to dive into learning Japanese. It's high time I actually went through with that considering how much my hobbies depend on it. Now I just need Kokoro to be playable outside of story and I'll be a happy camper.

Hard 1cc: 4 (LLS), 6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW)13 (TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)
Lunatic 1cc: 8 (IN), 9 (PoFV), 11 (SA), 12.8 (GFW), 14 (DDC)
Extra Clear: 4 (LLS) ,5 (MS) ,6 (EoSD),7 (PCB),8 (IN),9 (PoFV),10 (MoF),11 (SA),12 (UFO),12.8 (GFW),13(TD), 14 (DDC), 15 (LoLK)

« Reply #53 on: June 17, 2013, 10:00:22 AM »
Hmm, if there's anything that I want them to do then I guess it would be these:
  • A new skill(for each faith) and 1 new spellcard, or some new item cards
    Since Soku had 3 different skill for the same input, as it is now it feels kinda lacking. Besides, it would increase the variety of ways to use the characters.
    About new spellcard, for Byakuren my idea is a Superhuman Mode where she'll be able to use her skills without chanting so she can chain them for massive damage. Don't really need status buffs or super armor but that won't hurt, I guess(though that's kinda OP).
  • Complete Kokoro
    Obviously, though I'm not that eager for it. They can take their time with her. I don't really want new characters, but if they'll do it then maybe Kanako would be nice.
  • Bug fixes.
    There's still some bugs left, Byakuren's LW KO(though this one is quite hilarious) and stuck BGM are some that i can think of off the top of my head.
  • Characters and skills tweak for balancing
    I might be biased, but I feel that some characters skills need some changing.
    I don't really know about others but for Byakuren: give back the juggle and wallslam from ver.1.00 for Hanuman(add some stun too while you're at it), add some effect for Skanda's chant, faster startup for Mahavairocana(wishful thinking), let us control how far she dives with her 2B(by holding it or something),etc. Nerf Nitori's water bomb Also, maybe adding some direction variety for more skills for all characters.
  • Grazing costs some spirits
    I mean, why not? It's kinda useless to shoot them when they can graze all they want(I'm especially annoyed when people just grazed through my Mahavairocana, it's hard enough to use as it is against human). It would be nice if it costs a little or a lot depending on the attacks. This would also make some story spellcards more challenging(Kokoro's Lion Mask comes to mind).
  • Option to choose whether to save the replay or not during netplay
    Not that important, but I don't really want it to save ALL of my matches, let me choose like in other modes.
  • Better AI
    So that I won't be bored when I don't have access to netplay.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 02:08:36 PM by monhan »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #54 on: June 17, 2013, 12:08:32 PM »
I still want Kanako playable.

« Reply #55 on: June 17, 2013, 04:39:53 PM »
Nitori sure changed a lot from what one would expect from dialogues from th10 and th11.
Everyone always forgets how rude Nitori was to everyone in SA. She basically spends the entire route cheerfully insulting everyone and telling Marisa to beat them up so she can reach her own selfish goal. In fact, it's implied that she's scamming Marisa into helping her. The exception is when Yuugi notices her, but it's clear that she's intimidated by the oni.

« Reply #56 on: June 17, 2013, 05:00:02 PM »
Not sure why everyone's too surprised by how Nitori acts in this game. Fandom depictions too stronk.

Not sure where they will add new characters (other than obvious Kokoro) with the current character selection screen... Make it scroll?

« Reply #57 on: June 17, 2013, 05:04:47 PM »
Not sure why everyone's too surprised by how Nitori acts in this game. Fandom depictions too stronk.

Not sure where they will add new characters (other than obvious Kokoro) with the current character selection screen... Make it scroll?
It would most likely come from an expansion like Soku, which means that the entire menu and title screen would change appearance.

Kingault

« Reply #58 on: June 17, 2013, 10:59:53 PM »

Nitori was shy in MoF, more pushy in SA, but now she's just greedy.
Eh, whatever.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2013, 12:43:55 AM »
So guys I made a simple Beginner Koishi Tutorial video

Since it's a beginner tutorial video, it only goes over her moveset and the conditions they need to satisfy to be activated, their properties, and some beginner strategies on getting in and a nice Okizeme setup.