Author Topic: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth  (Read 202884 times)

Re: TH13.5 Hopeless Masquerade - Thread the Nth
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2013, 04:36:32 PM »
Does anybody have any tips for making decks?
I can't seem to figure out some good decks, which is kind of annoying considering how often they are used.
Skill set, right? Which character are you using?

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2013, 04:47:23 PM »
Stop teasing up with the bugfixes, Tasofro. Give us Kokoro already, goddammit! DX

Was Tenshi fully playable when SWR came out? If any of you remember, of course.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2013, 05:40:34 PM »
Skill set, right? Which character are you using?

Yeah, I meant skill sets, I've played too much Hisoutensoku and the term stuck. :V
I mostly use Koishi, using Toyosatomimi no Miko as secondary.

My Miko skill set seems at least somewhat useable, and I can use some combo's with it, but I can't make a skill set for Koishi that I'm happy with.
Now, look upon my Koishi skill set and tremble in fear because of its horribleness! *Dramatic music*
http://imgur.com/3yCmBoD

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #123 on: July 01, 2013, 07:52:13 PM »
Yeah, I meant skill sets, I've played too much Hisoutensoku and the term stuck. :V
I mostly use Koishi, using Toyosatomimi no Miko as secondary.

My Miko skill set seems at least somewhat useable, and I can use some combo's with it, but I can't make a skill set for Koishi that I'm happy with.
Now, look upon my Koishi skill set and tremble in fear because of its horribleness! *Dramatic music*
http://imgur.com/3yCmBoD

Needs more Fidgety Snatcher. It's a great counter that is completely invincible on the way up.

You don't need that many radars, two is enough, one for each direction. (I suggest 6 and 4 radars for easy combo usage). Teleport is also pretty good which is what I use.

Here's my main deck if it helps you out

KuroArashi100

« Reply #124 on: July 01, 2013, 08:22:04 PM »
Needs more Fidgety Snatcher. It's a great counter that is completely invincible on the way up.

You don't need that many radars, two is enough, one for each direction. (I suggest 6 and 4 radars for easy combo usage). Teleport is also pretty good which is what I use.

Thanks for helping! I know that I don't need that many radars, but that was a leftover from trying out her moves, and it worked.(As in, it worked better than say, my Nitori skill set. :V)
But:
Reflex Radar - easy combo's and pressure
Fidgety Snatcher - combo's and counter
Growing Pain - large homing  projectile
Suppression "Super-Ego" - high damage, small hitbox, mostly for ending combo's
Instinct "Release of the Id" - great all around spellcard
Conditioned Teleport -   ???

I think I understand what most of the skills are used for, but I can't think of a use for Conditioned Teleport other than pressure and hitting above/below Koishi.
However, her 5A, B moves and Fidgety Snatcher seem to give enough coverage already...
So, what exactly is it used for?
« Last Edit: July 01, 2013, 09:18:40 PM by KuroArashi100 »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2013, 04:45:33 AM »
The Conditioned Teleport, is that the one where there's a growing circle around Koishi and when it "hits" the enemy, she moves in?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2013, 05:08:07 AM »
That's my main deck with Koishi except for it's Shinto.

Any advice on how to make my Miko deck more potent... and how to play better as Byakuren and Futo?
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2013, 05:49:23 AM »
I think I understand what most of the skills are used for, but I can't think of a use for Conditioned Teleport other than pressure and hitting above/below Koishi.
However, her 5A, B moves and Fidgety Snatcher seem to give enough coverage already...
So, what exactly is it used for?

conditioned teleport is a decent punisher. It's pretty quick, but if you keep moving around it makes it a little harder for the opponent to guess when the ring will connect. but I would never advise using it when the opponent has their SC declared.

Basically, it's good to have, but if you want you can switch it out with Stinging Mind, though I find that one not to be as useful since their location is predictable and you are vulnerable when she calls it out a second time.

...my deck is Shinto too.

KuroArashi100

« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2013, 06:02:20 AM »
The Conditioned Teleport, is that the one where there's a growing circle around Koishi and when it "hits" the enemy, she moves in?
That's right.
But since comboing pretty much seems to be the name of the game, I can't think up a good use for it.
Coverage - Koishi has a great 5A and B moves + Fidgety Snatcher
Combo starter because of large activation hitbox - It blasts the opponent away so that seems impossible.
In combo use - The activation seems pretty slow.
So it seems to be somewhat limited... unless I'm missing something.

Any advice on how to make my Miko deck more potent... and how to play better as Byakuren and Futo?

Byakuren I don't use much because she feels somewhat awkward to use, and me playing Futo seems to be either plate spam or missing with her very short range 5A. :V
But for Miko I can at least give a bit of advice on how I use her:

My deck:http://i.imgur.com/sJ08H8T.jpg

Midscreen: 66A 8B 2C(swords) 2B 6C(swords)
Corner: 5AAA5A 6C 8B 2C

These are the combo's I use most of the time.
I recommend using 6 and 2C for swords, 8C and 4C are mostly up to preference.
The ring skill is really good, and the teleport skill could also come in handy.
The taoist sword is there just for preference, because I like fast lasers instead of big, or short ranged ones.
For spellcard enders, I suggest using Hermit Spell "Taoist of the Land of the Rising Sun" for the corner combo and the other for midscreen.
I personally don't like the homing and popularity spell, because one greatly decreases popularity, and the other takes too long to have any real effect, and it can also give the opponent popularity.
Another tip: Miko doesn't have any real attacks that hit around knee level and come out quickly, and she is somewhat vulnerable there.
Try always to go UNDER the opponent instead of above.

conditioned teleport is a decent punisher. It's pretty quick, but if you keep moving around it makes it a little harder for the opponent to guess when the ring will connect. but I would never advise using it when the opponent has their SC declared.

Basically, it's good to have, but if you want you can switch it out with Stinging Mind, though I find that one not to be as useful since their location is predictable and you are vulnerable when she calls it out a second time.

...my deck is Shinto too.

That explains it, that makes a lot of sense actually, didn't think of that.
I guess I've still got a lot to learn, my playstyle is currently something I would describe best as COMBO MADNESS because that's all I really do.
My strategy for Koishi is basically get close to opponent>combo the heck out of them>retreat>or not>more combo's
Which is another reason why I had 4 radars in my deck, they allowed for very easy accessing.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:04:18 AM by KuroArashi100 »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2013, 06:16:03 AM »
Condition teleport is easy to combo into stun as well. if it connects, you can up/down cancel into a combo easily.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2013, 06:39:25 AM »
Byakuren I don't use much because she feels somewhat awkward to use
Same here and as proof I'll see if I can somehow post my replay of me using her default Buddhist deck against Hard mode AI Miko.
If someone could tell me how to do so.  :ohdear:

Me playing Futo seems to be either plate spam or missing with her very short range 5A. :V
I just end up going buckwild with plates, and end up accidentally using her wind teleport plate move.

But for Miko I can at least give a bit of advice on how I use her:

My deck:http://i.imgur.com/sJ08H8T.jpg

Midscreen: 66A 8B 2C(swords) 2B 6C(swords)
Corner: 5AAA5A 6C 8B 2C

These are the combo's I use most of the time.
I recommend using 6 and 2C for swords, 8C and 4C are mostly up to preference.
The ring skill is really good, and the teleport skill could also come in handy.
The taoist sword is there just for preference, because I like fast lasers instead of big, or short ranged ones.
For spellcard enders, I suggest using Hermit Spell "Taoist of the Land of the Rising Sun" for the corner combo and the other for midscreen.
I personally don't like the homing and popularity spell, because one greatly decreases popularity, and the other takes too long to have any real effect, and it can also give the opponent popularity.
Another tip: Miko doesn't have any real attacks that hit around knee level and come out quickly, and she is somewhat vulnerable there.
Try always to go UNDER the opponent instead of above.
I actually use Taoist of the Land of the Rising Sun a lot and the other spell card that summons a disco ball (don't shoot for not knowing the name) for scaring my opponents.
I can usually grab popularity fast with her Taoist deck which makes it good for me, but I hate the fact that my luck sometimes bites me.

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2013, 06:47:01 AM »
Has anyone else been having instances where koishi's radar/teleport just simply don't activate? Like radar will reach the enemy but not activate. I'm guessing it's because it was interrupted, but the visual elements remain.

Also am I the only taoist Koishi around? Is it really that bad?

Shin Rokuren

• - 秘剣 -
  • 「ツバメ六連」
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2013, 06:57:01 AM »
What do you use to record replays? And are there any good free ones?

KuroArashi100

« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2013, 07:35:27 AM »
Same here and as proof I'll see if I can somehow post my replay of me using her default Buddhist deck against Hard mode AI Miko.
If someone could tell me how to do so.  :ohdear:

Maybe you could try uploading it to a site like Mediafire?
My Byakuren strategy is usually just spamming her 5AAA6A and the sword skill, or else 5AAA2A and the lightning skill, which means that I die as soon as something slightly harder than vs. Com Lunatic AI appears. (But they die to almost anything)

I just end up going buckwild with plates, and end up accidentally using her wind teleport plate move.

My Futo strat: Plate spam+ 5A combo, then more 5A combo's which miss, making Futo go LOOK AT MY SLEEVES, THEY'RE TOO LONG *badass look*

I actually use Taoist of the Land of the Rising Sun a lot and the other spell card that summons a disco ball (don't shoot for not knowing the name) for scaring my opponents.
I can usually grab popularity fast with her Taoist deck which makes it good for me, but I hate the fact that my luck sometimes bites me.

Combo's and counterhits greatly increase popularity, so try to incorporate them in your playing style.
Miko is much weaker if her cape level is low (blue cape), so you need to try and increase it. This can be done very easily by landing a combo or two, at which point she changes from a more defensive character to a all out rushdown character, using her powered up moves to try and defeat the opponent before they can launch a counter-offensive and decrease your cape levels again. She is a bit like a Glass Cannon, a term used in some games to describe a very offensively powerful character that is unable to take hits.

Taoist of the Rising Sun is a very good spellcard, she is NOT invincible during its duration however, so don't use it out in the open.
The other one, Heaven on Palm, is somewhat hard to use because it is much easier to dodge.

My battles with Miko usually look like this:
First hit>combo's until spellcard declare>combo + spellcard ender>opponent dies.

Has anyone else been having instances where koishi's radar/teleport just simply don't activate? Like radar will reach the enemy but not activate. I'm guessing it's because it was interrupted, but the visual elements remain.

Reflex Radar won't activate if you are too close too the opponent. Try firing it off something like 5AAA8A, that usually works.
Shinto Koishi - better range, larger projectiles, much better coverage for the X button
Buddhism Koishi - Bullets have much better priority, and are more powerful but short ranged.
Taoist Koishi - No aiming, extra speed.

Most people don't use Taoist Koishi because it doesn't really add something; Shinto get much bigger range, Buddhism can stop a lot of bullets and has good power. This is all just preference however, and if you can use Taoist Koishi well, you should just keep on using it.

What do you use to record replays? And are there any good free ones?

I personally use the paid version of Fraps.
For free ones, you can try Camstudio.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:46:00 AM by KuroArashi100 »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2013, 07:43:09 AM »
I learned that one about Rising Sun AS soon as I got doinked by a Marisa star and still won when I used the spell. 
However... Heaven on Palm has some seriously whacky animation in a good way, its like she's throwing a disco ball at you. XD
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 07:48:06 AM by MewMewHeart »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #135 on: July 02, 2013, 02:07:47 PM »

If you're out of spirit it won't activate at all and the visual cues will just stay until the next cancel.

As for Taoist Koishi, compared to the other religions it doesn't really benefit Koishi all that much but don't let that stop you or anything :V

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #136 on: July 02, 2013, 06:19:20 PM »
If you're out of spirit it won't activate at all and the visual cues will just stay until the next cancel.

Aha! So that was what it was. Thanks.

But yeah, I just like Tao Y should I need to back up a little and maybe think something out, I can rely a little on the 3 hits it deals.

And then Shinto X invalidates my argument.

Also can't teleport be punished with basically anything as long as the opponent has good timing?

And then radar/teleport/mine cancel mindgames. :V
« Last Edit: July 02, 2013, 06:41:00 PM by Lumenebr? »

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #137 on: July 03, 2013, 01:35:57 AM »
I use Shinto Koishi for better potent projectiles and plus I can actually easily get her spellcards to go off.
Edit: @ KuroArashi100: OH MAH GAH DIS MIKO SETUP IS BEAST THANK YOU!!!!  :*
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 01:50:42 AM by MewMewHeart »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
« Reply #138 on: July 03, 2013, 04:54:32 AM »
Update 1.04b is out... And nothing changed. Tasfro is officially trolling now.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #139 on: July 03, 2013, 05:03:07 AM »
What's with patch 1.04B anyway where's our Kokoro spell cards and arcade?!

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 05:13:23 AM by MewMewHeart »

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #140 on: July 03, 2013, 05:15:03 AM »
Patch 1.04b issued. The only change is an old bug where certain gamepad button presses would be recognized as pressing "Esc" has been fixed.

There's the answer.

I think the patch with Kokoro will be labeled with a major revision number like 1.10.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2013, 05:19:16 AM »
There's the answer.

I think the patch with Kokoro will be labeled with a major revision number like 1.10.
The English patch will be done before this ever happens! This warrants another table flip for religious outrage.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

KuroArashi100

« Reply #142 on: July 03, 2013, 03:26:53 PM »
Edit: @ KuroArashi100: OH MAH GAH DIS MIKO SETUP IS BEAST THANK YOU!!!!  :*

You mean you actually got some use out of it?
Wow, that's a first. :V
Happy to help !

The English patch will be done before this ever happens! This warrants another table flip for religious outrage.

(╯?□?)╯︵ ┻━┻

If this goes on, by the time Kokoro is released, she won't show up in tournaments because everyone has already chosen someone to main and doesn't want/is accustomed to that character too much to change. :(
The AI needs to get an upgrade too, it is far too easy even on Lunatic.

Another question:

Where is the menu in the screenshot located? I tried searching for it but I can't find it.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 03:35:26 PM by KuroArashi100 »

« Reply #143 on: July 03, 2013, 04:23:01 PM »
Another question:
Where is the menu in the screenshot located? I tried searching for it but I can't find it.
Have you tried Profile/first option in main menu?

It helped me a lot too

« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 04:24:49 PM by Saphir »

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
« Reply #144 on: July 03, 2013, 04:36:08 PM »
If this goes on, by the time Kokoro is released, she won't show up in tournaments because everyone has already chosen someone to main and doesn't want/is accustomed to that character too much to change. :(
The AI needs to get an upgrade too, it is far too easy even on Lunatic.
I don't care how long it takes; when she comes out, I'm maining her. Though I would LOVE for Tasofro to stop fixing these bugs now and fix them in the major patch.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #145 on: July 03, 2013, 05:03:30 PM »
Another question:
Profile menu > first option, select your profile

« Reply #146 on: July 03, 2013, 08:36:46 PM »
I have a question to the character's unique "skills".
I cannot find a description of the characters own "skills" in the game.
When I say "own skills", I don't mean the skill slots but their own unique skills.
Like Marisa has a star bar, and so on.

Even if the game gives this information, I would merely able to understand, so I'd
be glad if anyone can make a list of the character's own power.

Oh, and BTW, my game is still running w/ 30fps, and it's already pretty fast, imo.
Is it supposed to be faster, like 60fps?
Please donate, so I can make more of NoR-Wiki or other stuff.
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=R5D8A2CTMEWMJ Click here to donate (USD)
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=A3498RT3XLXL8 Click here to donate (EUR)
Thanks people.

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #147 on: July 03, 2013, 08:51:54 PM »
Quote from: ToyoRai
Reimu: Has larger spirit gauge than any other character.
Marisa:  Strong projectiles and specials lit up one of stars. Once all four are lit up, the next strong projectile or special wihh get a buff.
Ichirin: If she gets hit enough times, she will go into rage mode.
Byakuren: You must first chant the moves before you can use them. Also, each move has its own chant.
Futo: Melee and projectiles fire plates which stay on screen if they hit opponent. Specials will break them and give Futo buffs.
Miko: Gaining popularity gives him desires. The more desire she has, more powerful her moves become. On other hand, less desire means weaker attacks.
Nitori: Her moves cost less spirit to use, but if her energy counter reaches zero, she canot use some of her moves, some moves become weaker and consume more spirit.
Koishi: Set up Strong melee, projectiles and specials and if certain conditions are made, they will activate.
Mamizou: If she gets hit while using her attack, she loses it temporatily. If she loses all of her leaves,s he cannot use her specials until she recovers them back.

Also, you might want to set the drawing cycle to 1/2 and background quality to low to make it faster.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
« Reply #148 on: July 03, 2013, 09:49:24 PM »
Did I ever mention how annoying Futo's AI is when I fight her?  :V
I got curb stomped yesterday. >.>

Lumenebr?

• Taoishi
  • Soku/HM/ULiL
« Reply #149 on: July 03, 2013, 11:18:04 PM »
I hope sooner or later the AI will be able to use Skills. I mean it could just randomly assign skills/items, and have them coded to know what opportunities are available for each item/move. Then it would read which moves are in what slots, and just use those variables in inputs.

Basically there would exist general AI behavior and patterns for move usage, and only the inputs would need to be detected.
This way there's the uncertainty of what moves the AI has, and usability.

Of course I have no idea how difficult or possible this would be to implement, but it seems to me that it would work.