Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F  (Read 244179 times)

Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 9F
« Reply #60 on: January 08, 2013, 10:02:42 AM »
Is it possible to extract the attack animations from this game?

« Reply #61 on: January 08, 2013, 01:17:08 PM »
Farmed up a Para ring from Floor 1. Took out Youmu with Instant Death and got the Blade drop. Was going to farm another ring on Floor 2 but I screwed up and accidently saved instead of load.

On Floor 3, I immediately took the west stairs thinking it would get me away from the fast Tengu. It did but there are Harpies on Floor 4. So I have not fought Rumia just yet.

Currently farming for a Para ring on Floor 4 before going to fight Ifrit. Think two rings will be enough to hold me over.

Edit: Well I took out all the dolls and bug on Floor 4 but there is no sign of Ifrit. I better not have some other bug now. T.T

I fought Rumia (around level 15-18 or so). She was a bit tougher as I could not Instant Kill her. I was pretty sloppy in the fight and Rumia spent nearly the entire battle spamming Demarcation (she used Moonlight Ray and Dark Side of the Moon once each). I should have used Cirno much sooner to keep her slowed. But I endured and only lost one character in the fight. My low SP is making it difficult to keep up the pressure since all my moves are so expensive. Also got the Faith Ring.

Double Edit: So Ifrit does not appear on the map until after you find the Sigil. Neat.  :wat:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 02:10:44 PM by Kanoe »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #62 on: January 08, 2013, 03:17:58 PM »
Reimu Lv 14 [The wiki suggests 25+!]

You must be reading from wikia. No one is updating the LoT section on there any more, and before that someone went and upped all the level recommendations to crazy levels (probably in an attempt to troll). Read the guides on en.touhouwiki.net instead.

« Reply #63 on: January 08, 2013, 03:38:57 PM »
Well the Alice fight was interesting to say the least. One of the first things that happened was Patchouli getting Silenced.  :ohdear:

So I was forced to wittle down each doll one at a time instead of softening them all up with Royal Flare. I was swapping Sakuya, Yuugi, Shikieiki, Yukari, and Ran as various tanks throughout the battle while Minoriko healed and buffed as best as she could.

I think Flandre made everything possible towards the end. 5k damage Starbow Break *drools*.

Levels were a bit low due to most of my characters being slow levelers. Majority of the party was level 17 with a few 18s and Cirno being at 20.

Neat fight though my only gripe was not being able to remove Silence and my Framerate dropping while trying to record it with Fraps.

Will do some grinding at Level 4 then try to get the Forbidden Tablet drop.

Edit: Took alot of tries (and failed attempts) but I finally got the tablet. I have to say, Silence and Paralysis is killing me. They take so long to wear off.  :blush:
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 06:25:06 PM by Kanoe »

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #64 on: January 08, 2013, 06:24:37 PM »
You must be reading from wikia. No one is updating the LoT section on there any more, and before that someone went and upped all the level recommendations to crazy levels (probably in an attempt to troll). Read the guides on en.touhouwiki.net instead.

I think it's actually more people found better tactics, and how broken Iku/Nitori are was discovered.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #65 on: January 08, 2013, 07:15:12 PM »
I think it's actually more people found better tactics, and how broken Iku/Nitori are was discovered.

Even when we still used wikia, the recommended level was always around 16-18. Someone went and specifically turned up the level requirement on every boss during the two wikis drama period.

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #66 on: January 08, 2013, 08:05:34 PM »
I have to say, Silence and Paralysis is killing me. They take so long to wear off.  :blush:
Huh, I don't seem to be finding that a problem at all!  :3

Heheh, joking aside, I don't usually have all the time in the world to play, so I just beat Meiling. Should finish floor 1 shortly and see how far I can get within the next half hour. The team is interesting, to say the least! I decided to split my three tanks into three roles for now. Wriggle gets Mind, Keine gets Defense, and Remi is a mix of HP and Attack. I'm not really outputting a lot of damage, per se, but I haven't felt very much in danger either so far. Of course, this is only floor 1.

And Utsuho actually put in a lot of work for me! She spammed Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction once! ...And then did nothing. I really like her resists though, and she does instakill trash for me. ...Once.

EDIT: Went into Chen at level 6 and she was hard because I was stupid ;.; Plan was for Remi to use her self-buff and then Sanae to heal the negative effects. I wasn't looking, give her Miracle Fruits instead, and I lost Remilia off the bat. In the end I outraced her with my own Chen anyway, and got the Lightning Ball.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 08:41:48 PM by Tangrelle »

« Reply #67 on: January 08, 2013, 08:42:49 PM »
Hmph! Well I did get alot of Silence and Para rings soon after. Luckily not too many bosses are about status effects in the beginning, just grinding Alice for the Tablet was hell.

St. Elmo's Fire kinda kicked my butt. Was hard to cycle in characters for an attack and get them out in time to avoid the Spirit spells. But at least I got the drop that increases TP. I definitely need more TP.

I do not look forward to fighting Yuugi. Well off to Level 6!

I also got alot of Blades from the knights in Level 5. I think I have 3 or 4 of them now.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #68 on: January 08, 2013, 08:54:10 PM »
Well, I just destroyed the Ifrit.

No, I did not use Komachi. I just destroyed it by tanking Hellfires with Eirin, Reimu, Rin, Kaguya and Tenshi, before swapping in Renko to Galaxy Stop, Youmu to DPS, and Kanako to CLD nuke. Eirin also made use of her own CLD element attack, Mercury Sea. Kanako was dealing over 5k per hit, and Eirin over 2k. While Youmu was also dishing out high damage.

Dead shortly after the 2nd Hellfire. No losses. Props to Tenshi taking 0 damage from Ifrit's attacks... because Tenshi.

Gonna finish off Floor 4 exploration, then kill the last doll, go back for the Pegs, then fight Alice.

EDIT: Also beat up Malice and got the Zodiac stone from it. Love how it gives 0 EXP [Although 2000 Skillpoints]
« Last Edit: January 08, 2013, 09:14:11 PM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

« Reply #69 on: January 08, 2013, 09:46:09 PM »
Thanks for reminding me about Malice!

I just defeated St. Elmo's Fire with the three Pressures then went and defeated Malice.

Once again, pretty sloppy fight with St. Elmo. Flandre simply said screw it and Lavaetein them all then got blown away with Spirit damage. But with so many Mind characters, I could just tank the Spirit Winds and gradually take Elmo down. Got the drop again too.  :D

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2013, 05:23:22 AM »
Explored most of 3F and 4F, and fought Ifrit. I just realized that Okuu in fact has 290+ FIR affinity even without any gears, a fact that will likely become VERY handy against the foes (her defenses are also actually rather decent when she isn't actively weakening them with UNR). Too bad her fire attacks are useless against Ifrit and I have nowhere near the MaxSP needed to cast Giga Flare, which would have been resisted and will be resisted by the foes anyways). Will fight Rumia and Alice tomorrow.

« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2013, 05:56:22 AM »
And Utsuho actually put in a lot of work for me! She spammed Uncontainable Nuclear Reaction once! ...And then did nothing. I really like her resists though, and she does instakill trash for me. ...Once.

Heh, that sounds like Youmu early game. Nuke... and wait.

@Ifrit: I guess Flan and Okuu would tank Ifrit pretty well considering their crazy affinities to fire.

« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2013, 06:12:25 AM »
Sounds like most of my party. lol

Hitting Floor 7, I finally started spending skillpoints as I needed to prepare for Tam's Foe. My party was about level 28 and 29 (Cept Cirno who was in the 30s already). Flowing Hellfire being composite, I actually had plenty of characters who could take it (though I still sacrificed Cirno to the first one). Yuugi and Sakuya took hits like champions and I was easily doing 10k damage with Eiki and Flandre and even did like 14k with Yuyuko's Flawless Nirvana.

I then remembered that I had not fought Yuugi yet so went back and fought her around the same level plus one. Yuugi tanked Yuugi's hits and even Cirno survived a hit from her. Cirno lowered her speed and then Suwako para locked her. It was a quick fight and got the Lion Heart first try.

Went on to Level 8 and thought 'hey, let's hear what Sanae has to say'. Being New Game+, I already had the character requirement to trigger Sanae's Foe and died. Lost the Cloak of the Bat I found too. T.T

Just finished off the Komachi Spirits. Rather easy when two of my characters start out immune to Instant Death.

And on the topic of Fire resist. Flan can take Sanae's Foe Hellfire just barely. XD

« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2013, 07:44:31 AM »
Went on to Level 8 and thought 'hey, let's hear what Sanae has to say'. Being New Game+, I already had the character requirement to trigger Sanae's Foe and died. Lost the Cloak of the Bat I found too. T.T

Woah, that's interesting. Something I need to remember if I play New Game+.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2013, 09:52:43 AM »
Beat up Alice.

Three times.

No drop, and since each fight was taking a good 10 mins+, I just stopped bothering farming for it.

Rumia was actually my most critical member early on in the fight, due to Dark Side of the Moon ignoreing the DEF that Healing Light had, and hitting for about 1k. Also Demarkation in case she stacked debuffs. That and Komachi's Narrow Confines inflicting everything, and Kaguya occasionally fireing off a Hourai Barrage.

My lack of offensive buffs outside of Charge and Buddah's Bowl [Well and GPE] is starting to become noticeable. Although I can offset the downside of Charge with prior Aya speedboosts, and using it while active guages are already somewhat low.

That said, boss fights will be longer when you take a tanky team that focuses on debuffing and winning slowly, with few nukes.

Although Charge is a stupidly strong buff, 70%.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 09:56:42 AM by Raikaria »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 02:04:01 PM »
Charge is pretty powerful before you can easily spam the buffs from other characters. If you don't actually have Iku/Keine or Reimu/Yukari then Charge is actually something you'd probably use a significant amount. This is ontop of having Galaxy Stop and Debilitate which wreck bosses you can hit with PAR/debuffs (Getting -50% atk/mag is normally pretty hard and it's over 3 times longer PAR then Suwako with chance of spd down -50% included), and held back only by Renko's SP, making her a character you'd actually want to pile recovery % gear on.

There's a -very- good reason Renko was banned previously :V Charge isn't OP and does give people without aforementioned characters a chance to get in on big buffing action, but with her other moves it's just silly.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 04:24:41 PM »
Rumia and Alice down. Rumia cast nothing except Dark Side of the Moon, which although is far more dangerous than Moonlight Ray spam, was fine by me since I only fear Darmacation. As for Alice, I lost some members due to Alice using Little Legion as soon as I take out Healing Light, but Suika landed that SPD debuff before getting hit, and Mystia also landed PAR near the end of the fight, so Alice didn't take even a single turn alone (at that point all my party members' HP were down enough that a Little Legion would mean game over). Then again my attempts to debuff Alice's MAG with Mokou and Mari was basically in vain (they kept on hitting ATK but no MAG), so I guess that balances out.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:32:03 PM by RegalStar »

« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 04:28:00 PM »
Just took out Suwako (had to beat her four more times to get the robes to drop). Average level was about 33-34.

Sakuya was main tank throughout the battle. Gave her Nature resist and gave Yuugi Cold resist to act as a backup tank. Ran has decent enough SP and regen to actually get off a few Party atk/mag buffs.

Did screw up in getting Flandre killed before doing anything with her which slowed down the whole process. But, it was very easy to keep up with the damage as long as Suwako did not target the back members with physical attacks. Her AoE phase was mostly a joke with Yukari, Ran, and Patchouli.

I suppose I will say hello to Nitori next.

Edit: Nitori down. Was a bit tense as I completely failed in counting turns and threw away alot of my DPS to Nitori's various area effects. Was a bit surprised the Patchouli could take a hit from Extending arm. Yuugi could easily take the Megawatt Gun. It was just a matter of swapping in damage dealers and healers and hope no area attacks come my way.

No drop but I don't want it anyway.

Double Edit: Took down Reisen and got the Getitup V. Cirno could easily keep the minions Paralyzed without killing them. Reisen's magic did not really hurt at all. It got a little annoying when the three minions were all casters and did nothing but Magic Drain. Overall, was not too bad.

Now to endure the Floor 10-12 randoms. No longer can I just Forbidden Fruit my way through random encounters.  :ohdear:
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 10:43:01 PM by Kanoe »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2013, 11:19:26 PM »
No longer can I just Forbidden Fruit my way through random encounters.  :ohdear:

Then just Laevatein through them  :V

« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 11:35:46 PM »
Of course, but I can only use that once as opposed to twice. XD

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #80 on: January 10, 2013, 12:11:47 AM »
I just noticed that 5F's map is almost rotational symmetric. Mind = blown.

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #81 on: January 10, 2013, 01:45:38 AM »
I dunno, there's just something about symmetrical maps that make me feel all giddy. As much as I want to hate 17F, I am still compelled to fully map it every time I play just so I could pull up the map and appreciate its symmetry.

« Reply #82 on: January 10, 2013, 05:16:29 AM »
Just defeated Tenshi. Average level was about 45.

So right off the bat, I lost Yukari so that made buffing a bit more difficult but Minoriko did that and healing wonderfully. Forgot how hard Tenshi can hit in boss form.

Lacking any defense debuffs (besides Shikieiki's Wandering Sin), I had to focus on buffing up my party as much as possible before striking. So I spent the entire first phase with Yuugi, Sakuya, Cirno, and Minoriko holding the line with tanking, heals, defense buffs, and speed buffs/debuffs. When Ran had enough SP, I swap her in and do Banquet of the 12 General Gods. This only gives 15% to those no in the front lines but it was 15% that did not go away until brought to the front. So I just kept stacking them until I was ready.

Funny enough, I caused Tenshi to Focus and go into the next phase purely with Yuugi's Irremovable Shackles poison damage. So that gave me a nice head start to burst the rest of Tenshi's HP away. Yuyuko and Cirno bought me plenty of time with Speed debuffs and chipping away at Tenshi's turn meter too.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #83 on: January 10, 2013, 05:45:52 AM »
Both St. Elmo's Flames down. They were kind of a chore since Chen and Remi had to do most of the damage for me, and on the second battle I forgot Sanae ran out of SP before going ahead and using curse  :V It didn't have much damage capacity, though, so I could still outslug it with ease. Now to explore the rest of 6F, then move on to 7F and figure out a strategy for Tam's Foe since I dont' think Sanae can keep up with the healing by herself.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #84 on: January 10, 2013, 05:56:03 AM »
As much as I want to hate 17F, I am still compelled to fully map it every time I play just so I could pull up the map and appreciate its symmetry.

Same here. Go everywhere and see everything.

Where did you get your new av btw? I totes want one (with a Tewi equivalent)

Parallaxal

• Moon Sign "Theft of Dreams"
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 07:39:38 AM »
Where did you get your new av btw? I totes want one (with a Tewi equivalent)

I just found it randomly while browsing MtG fanart. I also found moe personifications of all the Ravnica guilds. Simic-tan is the best.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 12:02:25 PM »
I dunno, there's just something about symmetrical maps that make me feel all giddy. As much as I want to hate 17F, I am still compelled to fully map it every time I play just so I could pull up the map and appreciate its symmetry.

I full map stuff for all the loot and maximal EXP :V

I'm still wandering Floor 5. Not got as much time to play as the other two, it seems. I'm almost done on F5 however.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 12:19:22 PM »
I just found it randomly while browsing MtG fanart. I also found moe personifications of all the Ravnica guilds. Simic-tan is the best.

Link pl0x :D. And enough derail from me.

« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2013, 03:20:32 PM »
Defeated Sanae's Foe. Not much to say about it. Think you are supposed to defeat it before Tenshi so I may have been a bit over leveled for it.

With Flandre, Shikieiki, and Patchouli doing around 20k damage each, it did not take long to burn away its 200k hp.

Now to finish with the sealed chamber puzzle and work towards Eientei.

Edit: Just defeated Eientei. With so many Mind tanks in my party, it was cake. Patchouli did most of the work then I blitzed the last of it with my single target spells. Average level was about 47-48 (pretty much have alot of 45s and 46s with a couple of 50+s). Oh and got some Sunglasses too.

Oh and Sakuya speed buffs are yummy! Zoom! :getdown:
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 07:43:11 PM by Kanoe »

Tangrelle

• This is my book! It's still all weird though.
« Reply #89 on: January 11, 2013, 04:35:42 PM »
Whoopeeee I beat Cirno

Hahah, a bit more than that! Cirno was pretty easy with the amount of fire nukes I have, Youmu was the problem. Not in killing, but the damn drop took the past few days to, well, drop! And I am obsessive about drops.

Just beat Rumia, which was a pretty interesting fight! My MVPs were Mystia, Maribel, and Utsuho, surprisingly! Mystia did her thing and I loved flipping Rumia's Demarcation back at her with Mysterious Song, Maribel had the Spirit damages and kind of debuffed, and Utsuho actually was a fairly stable slot 1/2 tank for me when things got shaky! Her about 200 Mystic resistance helped a lot, as well as her very very high stat debuff resists, too! ...Too bad her other resists are disgustingly low. Still! It was pretty interesting to want her.

Edit: Ran into Ifrit whoops. He only killed Maribel with the opening Hellfire but that still royally sucked. Overcame him since taking the fires afterwards were easy enough with Okuu and Mokou
« Last Edit: January 11, 2013, 05:40:22 PM by Tangrelle »