Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221814 times)

Zil

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #900 on: February 24, 2013, 02:50:34 AM »
okay, a few days ago, I was like "I am starting to play PoDD. as a sidething, let's 1cc the other PC-98 games since I don't have them yet" I started with MS. But then I came to the realization that a simple 1cc wouldn't be too awesome, because I should be able to do them with a little effort. so I went ahead and did the first one, mystic square, without bombs :V my first MS lunatic 1cc is also a LNB. yup. I recorded the run and uploaded it for you all to laugh at, because it's really bad :'D

Mystic Square - LNB

luckily I have the excuse that every first clear looks bad. so there's that :V
Seconding chum. That Shinki fight was awesome.

Have you tried enabling 32 bit color? I can't use it myself, and I know you're also using Fraps to record, but you may as well try it, in case you haven't. It'll make it so that you can actually see the borders of the screen when there's a black background. And your sound seems somewhat funky as well.

As for myself, I've been trying out the ultra patch for PoFV. I've managed to clear with Reimu, Marisa, Youmu, Lyrica, and Mystia so far.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2013, 03:33:29 AM by Zil »

PMW

• Touhou is only hard when you try
    • My tumblr
« Reply #901 on: February 24, 2013, 03:28:58 AM »
Fraps
Wait, wait, wait. You can record anex98 with fraps? I didn't know that was possible. I've tried so many different option setups but fraps just doesn't want to recognize it.

Zil

« Reply #902 on: February 24, 2013, 03:44:04 AM »
The version of Fraps that I have is 3.4.7. These are my settings for Anex86.

Nindella

• That cat!
  • Nyaaa...
    • Youtube Page!
« Reply #903 on: February 24, 2013, 03:52:51 AM »
SUBTERRANEAN ANIMISM LUNATIC, NO BOMBS, WITH MARISA C.  Done!!!!!

This means... ALL SHOTTYPES TOUHOU 11 LUNATIC HAVE BEEN NO BOMBED!  :D :D

And I thought MarisaC would take a month, maybe longer, considering how long ReimuC took! 

Erm... just got to say.... like when I got my first 1cc with MarisaC...

MARISAC IS THE BEST SHOTTYPE!!!!  :D

The runs: (for posterity's sake  :derp:)

ReimuA SA Lunatic No Bombs.
ReimuB SA Lunatic No Bombs.
MarisaA SA Lunatic No Bombs.
MarisaB SA Lunatic No Bombs.
ReimuC SA Lunatic No Bombs.
MarisaC SA Lunatic No Bombs.

Now I should REALLY get on to getting that frigging 90fps Ultra Lunatic run... and Perfect Pacifist Orin!!  >:(
Youtube Channel!
Please check it out for Touhou commentaries, LPs, piano transcriptions and more!
My Touhou replays!

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #904 on: February 24, 2013, 04:12:17 AM »
thanks! I actually thought I'd game over on devil's recitation, but I captured it for the first time, so it's a special fight to me. (the last time I got that far, I died 3 times to the last phase and game over'd - consistency, what is that?) I am kind proud of it, because I think I did really well against Shinki here. I may have pussied about against the cheetoh lasers, but I had a few really close calls during pretty much every other phase of the fight bar the last one, I guess.

eh, 32 bit colors aren't enabled. I disabled them to match your setting. I am pretty sure I had it on before I managed to get it to record. I changed a couple things, so I don't know if that was the reason weird stuff happened, but I might as well try. and you're right. the sound's a bit funky, but I don't know what's causing it or how to fix it. it's not there during playing, after all. it's probable that fraps caused it because it's having problems with anex. But I guess I am overall satisfied with how it records. it works, after all.

and big congratulations for no-bombing every shottype in SA, nindella. good job.

« Reply #905 on: February 24, 2013, 05:41:10 AM »
Now I should REALLY get on to getting that frigging 90fps Ultra Lunatic run

shit b'y

« Reply #906 on: February 24, 2013, 12:02:40 PM »
I did a LNMNB of EoSD stage 5, no replay. I'll try to get stage 6 done as well.  :)

« Reply #907 on: February 24, 2013, 12:54:24 PM »
I did a LNMNB of EoSD stage 5, no replay. I'll try to get stage 6 done as well.  :)

In case you want a replay for stage 6.

Big congrats to Nindella for all those SA LNB clears! Hopefully I can get motivated to stop sucking, so I can actually post something worthwhile here  :V

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

« Reply #909 on: February 24, 2013, 08:23:00 PM »
PoFV Lunatic 1cc with Eiki.

Got this at my second try. I really had no idea Eiki was broken like this.
Came to stage 9 with 1 extra life, lost first round at 0:46 (!), won second round before 2:00. Dafuq ?

Well, I'll try with a non-broken character next time (probably Reimu, maybe Marisa), to have an actual feeling of accomplishment...

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #910 on: February 24, 2013, 08:37:13 PM »
before you start putting effort into reimu lunatic: she's broken. after aya and medicine, who are the brokenest (haha, engrish) characters, you have reimu in 3rd place. Her ying yang orbs are pure AI killers.

Marisa's really good, but nothing I'd call broken. good luck if you decide to use her.

« Reply #911 on: February 24, 2013, 08:58:56 PM »
before you start putting effort into reimu lunatic: she's broken. after aya and medicine, who are the brokenest (haha, engrish) characters, you have reimu in 3rd place. Her ying yang orbs are pure AI killers.
Really ? I remember her being quite good, but not much more than Marisa (both won at around the same times in my Hard 1cc's, if I remember correctly).

Still, I trust you, so I will use Marisa then.

Oh

« Reply #912 on: February 24, 2013, 09:06:58 PM »
Mountain of Faith Ultra 1cc
Basically just lunatic mode with ultra patch applied.
Yep, I'm such a masochist.
VoWG ate 4 lives like it was no thing~

« Reply #913 on: February 25, 2013, 02:17:05 AM »

Perfect PCB Extra! Includes no border breaks and all point items collected. I happened to get a safespot on Descent of Izuna Gongen. This took quite a bit less effort than Suwako did, but still glad to have done this. I probably won't be perfecting any other Extra stages any time soon.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2013, 02:21:29 AM by Star King »

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #914 on: February 25, 2013, 05:09:27 PM »
Barely defeated Mokou again, but I did catch her first spell for the first time since near the end of May 2011. :ohdear:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=27123
Currently needing to do more Touhou stuff
My Touhou Replays
IN Yukari Spell Practice: 218/222
Chat with me, maybe?: https://discord.gg/0bbmWG5ankaeyTzH

Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #916 on: February 26, 2013, 05:09:48 PM »
I've captured Possessed by Phoenix! I only need to do Imperishable Shooting to have all of the Extra spells! I'm also up to 200 spells captured!  :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=27146

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=th7xw3fgCzs
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #917 on: February 26, 2013, 05:44:26 PM »
First normal 1CC (non-default lives though) and it's... Lotus Land Story ReimuB? And only my second or third serious LLS normal run (I'd already 1CC'd Easy)? Yeah, I don't know either.

For the record, I have no idea what anything in this screenshot means.  :V (EDIT: Found out. Apparently the numbers are as follows: score, deaths, bombs, completion percentage, kill rate, items collected, items collected above POC, focus ratio, slowdown, grade.)

Either way, I consider that to be the moment when I ceased to be "a guy who plays Touhou" and became "a Touhou player".

I've been grinding away at IN and have been in a bit of a rut, and I wanted to get more practice with shot types that aren't homing-Reimu, so I decided to do a complete tour of the series: SoEW through TD, every shot type, one credit each, see how far I can go. Suddenly, bam, LLS 1CC.

Interestingly enough, I had just whiffed a ReimuA run at the last possible second (seriously, stage 6 Yuuka's health was in the red) - which, for some reason, the game entered in to the high score list as an All Clear anyways? Again, I got nothing.

(this did not prepare me at all for the ass-whooping I received when I attempted Mystic Square)
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 05:59:59 PM by oboewan »

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #919 on: February 27, 2013, 04:37:13 AM »
Interestingly enough, I had just whiffed a ReimuA run at the last possible second (seriously, stage 6 Yuuka's health was in the red) - which, for some reason, the game entered in to the high score list as an All Clear anyways? Again, I got nothing.
LLS mislabels stage 6 scores with "All" for some reason, and takes you to the credits after a stage 6 game over. It won't unlock Extra though, so I'd consider stage 6 an actual stage as opposed to a bonus like Kaguya's last spells or something.

I'll recommend going for a default lives clear. LLS is very easy to clear (in fact I'd say LLS Hard is on par with the easier Normals of later games). Try to bomb more often. If I recall correctly the game gives you 30 bombs normally (which would be 34 with two additional deaths), and you only used 22 of them.

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost
« Reply #921 on: February 27, 2013, 10:01:58 AM »
Got a good practice run of SA Normal Stage 5 (ReimuB). Now if I only could do that in an actual survival run...
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
My Touhou Replays

« Reply #923 on: February 27, 2013, 06:27:45 PM »
Improved my best IN Extra score by 20m.

http://i.imgur.com/nq4PL2d.png

Not much was done for score here. Just a bit of graze milking on Keine's last spell in the most risk-free manner ever. I dunno, IN has a pretty awesome system but I've seen the kind of score techniques used in IN Extra and they all seem to be either tedious, soul crushingly difficult or just tailored to shit on my inability to make small taps the best way possible. Watching someone supergraze Keine's 2nd card or Honest Mans Death or whatever that survival one is called makes me curl up into a little ball and cry.  :V

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #924 on: February 27, 2013, 07:32:59 PM »
I had my worst-best run of Koishi last night... I don't play the stage very often, because I really don't like the stage portion and I have to restart it a ton to get through it. So last night after dying on Miracle Fruit, I would have started over, but it was late and I figured I'll just try my hardest to cap Rice Shower instead. That didn't work (0/52!) and I lost my second life there. But then I managed to do the looping fairy part right after that perfectly for the first time ever, which was neat in its own right. Anyway I'm expecting nothing entering the boss with 0 lives... but I did well enough to earn back (and then lose) 2 more lives, and finished at 0/1.0. Genetics alone normally costs me 2 lives + 2 bombs without fail, but I managed it with just 1 + 1 this time. So a minor victory atop a lousy start.

Edit bonus: beat Suwako with ReimuC for the first time and it was somehow my best run of the stage ever. Completely perfect stage portion, only 1 death during the boss, and a high score by around 75m. Also that makes 6/6 for that extra.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 06:41:33 AM by Goldom »

« Reply #925 on: February 27, 2013, 07:45:57 PM »
Improved my SA No-bombs Lunatic run by finishing with 5 lives and doing a perfect Stage 4 and 6.

Deaths were very ugly though. I am really annoyed by them. Let's begin from the start then shall we?

I emerge victorious from my boss fight with Yamame. She had treated me well. Not a single restart necessary from her non-spell. Happy about that fact, i somehow find myself getting rammed by a fairy in the early parts of Stage 2. Something that should never even be possible to occur but occured anyway but trivial mistakes like these aren't too annoying provided they don't stop me from clearing.

Stage 3 and 4 went as they should. Capturing DBDB was nice. That's one of the cards that usually mess me up. Then I reach stage 5 and I die like a fucking moron to midboss Orin's opener after having pacified a bit of it to make the popcorn hell shorter. Capture Cat Walk. Why not. Always gotta do that in the runs where you mess up the easy shit. That's me, right here. That's how i roll. Never capable when it matters. Oh and i died to the piss easy streaming before Stage 5 midboss too. Classy.

Then around comes Orin and wham. Away goes my lives. First spell. Die to it. Third non-spell. Die to it. Third spell. Die to it. Final spell. Die here too. All of these were so fucking stupid and just thinking about how many lives i would've ended the game with if I didn't lose my lives at stupid places where nobody ever dies.  :(

Still though, it's an accomplishment to me since it includes me capturing things in a full run that I usually choke against and it features generally good performance except for the moments when my ridiculously overpowered Retardation Gene kicked in and ruined stuff.

« Reply #926 on: February 27, 2013, 10:38:06 PM »
Oh hey everyone I just perfected PCB Phantasm.

Congrats Malky, you deserved it after all that really derp fails :V . I should do that as well, I got a full cap long ago, but I've been way too lazy to turn it into an actual perfect. :V

Anyway, it has been a while I didn't post an accomplishment here I guess, so...

EoSD no-focus 1cc. After that fail at SG, I went to relax a bit and tried again, and did it. :toot:

Ranko Hoshino

• ゆっくりしていってね!!!
  • Take it easy!
    • Ranko's Gaming Blog
« Reply #927 on: February 28, 2013, 06:09:10 AM »
I got my third and final required IN Extra clear to unlock Alice's Last Word. I even got to see Imperishable Shooting in this run. :toot:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=27175

I'll be recording the video later.
My Touhou Replays

Zil

« Reply #928 on: February 28, 2013, 06:37:46 AM »
Well then. HRtP No-Shot No-Bomb 1cc.

I think that GS guy asked me to do it. I'm not entirely sure.

Edit: And I've just no-bombed the Makai route!
« Last Edit: February 28, 2013, 09:32:42 AM by Zil »

« Reply #929 on: February 28, 2013, 02:49:58 PM »
I finally beat Nue! Undefined darkness and Rainbow UFOs went much better than expected. Next it's either Mokou or Mamizou.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC