Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE  (Read 221816 times)

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
Re: Touhou Accomplishments Thread 19: 90FPS FOR EVERYONE
« Reply #780 on: January 27, 2013, 07:58:34 AM »

http://www.replays.gensokyo.org/download.php?id=26616
177.01 Speedrun of 9-4

This route has higher potential though, but this made me really happy.

Surprised it could be improved that much though, most of those 17642 were trying out new things and seeing what worked. If I wasn't sick of touhou right now, I might actually watch the replay to see what you did.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #781 on: January 27, 2013, 02:29:47 PM »
Surprised it could be improved that much though, most of those 17642 were trying out new things and seeing what worked. If I wasn't sick of touhou right now, I might actually watch the replay to see what you did.

I'll bump the Double Spoiler thread on SDA and post new level times there once the current submission has been published/verified. I've currently improved 6 scenes since the submission, and I guess it could be worth making another submission once the overall time hits sub 44:40 (or 44:30 maybe???). Since that can take a really long time (depending on how many players join in I guess) you could return to this later if you wish.
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #782 on: January 27, 2013, 03:19:46 PM »
Wow, Reimu-A was the last shottype I would have expected to beat Hard Mode Youmu with using not a single Bomb, breaking only two borders on purpose (one right at the  beginning of her second NS-Pattern, second one on the first wave of her last Spellcard). Entered with zero Bombs, six Extra Lifes, left in the same state, though, of course, that also meant that I had no Bomb for the Stage 6 spam.
Having restarted once in Stage 1, that's also PCB Hard cleared on my second try, I was expecting lots and lots of trouble due to Reimu-A's low damage output, but this was a pleasant surprise. Wonder how I'll fare on Marisa, hope I won't run into trouble since she starts with only two Bombs.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2013, 03:24:25 PM by Lepetit89 »

« Reply #783 on: January 27, 2013, 04:21:57 PM »
Fujiyama Volcano NFNV capture with Alice solo. Took like 6 attempts, so I probably can timeout this card under no-vertical condition, but I'm too lazy right now to do so.

Zil

« Reply #784 on: January 27, 2013, 10:15:46 PM »
Well, I beat by MS Extra score. Something like 187 million this time.

So anyway. As of today I guess I've been playing Touhou for two years. I don't have anything fancy to to say about it, but I'll mention it since people seem to do that. What's interesting though is that after the first year, I would've said that it really didn't feel like I'd been playing that long. More like half a year. Now that it's been two years, I think I feel the opposite way. It feels like I've been playing for over three years or something. Not sure what's up with that. It probably has something to do with my joining this forum, and my soul being consumed by PoDD.

I'll bump the Double Spoiler thread on SDA and post new level times there once the current submission has been published/verified. I've currently improved 6 scenes since the submission, and I guess it could be worth making another submission once the overall time hits sub 44:40 (or 44:30 maybe???). Since that can take a really long time (depending on how many players join in I guess) you could return to this later if you wish.
I might get back into that if you started it up again. I hope to start scoring in that game again as well. I wonder if I still have the best time for that one Ichirin scene.

« Reply #785 on: January 27, 2013, 11:01:43 PM »
I might get back into that if you started it up again. I hope to start scoring in that game again as well. I wonder if I still have the best time for that one Ichirin scene.

Good to hear, I look forward to seeing you at the front in the future! In the current submission, only Apathy's scenes have been completely obsoleted, I did post the replays for those scenes a couple of months ago so I hope that doesn't come as a surprise.

Also congratulations on your anniversary, your PoDD work is quite mind boggling!
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #786 on: January 27, 2013, 11:05:36 PM »
Yay mine are still there  :D
It helps that they're frame perfect, but still  :V

« Reply #787 on: January 27, 2013, 11:38:02 PM »
Got a NMNB stage 4 in EoSD Hard.

I reeeeaaally should practice stage 6 a bit to avoid complete failures like this one (two deaths at Young Demon Lord, yep). Plus Remilia is awesome.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #788 on: January 27, 2013, 11:45:53 PM »
EoSD Lunatic Reimu Homing 1cc <-Click for replay because I'm too lazy to put a picture in and expect common sense to kick in and tell you to click the picture even though most people who do that will say to click the picture

Hooray. I won. I'm pretty happy right now, the wall that caused a two-month hiatus for me (Scarlet Gensokyo Scarlet Gensokyo Scarlet Gensokyo 「スカレットげんそうきょう」 Scarlet Gensokyo Scarlet Gensokyo fuck you seriously at least I can bomb through Scarlet Meister) is now but a hurdle behind me. I've cleared 6, 7, 8, and 10 now. So I've dug through the candy and pillows only to find that all that's left is the used syringes, hay, needles, and maybe an occasional "Get out of winning free" card, which isn't optional to use. If I have to go after anything next, I'm going after SA because while it's dickish and I'm much further along in UFO, UFO is just an asshole and TD bores me for reasons including gameplay.

TLDR version: I finally got a Lunatic 1cc of EoSD and I'm super duper happy :>

And regarding my hiatus as far as here goes, I apologize for that. I just haven't had as much interest as I used to with this place. I might show up for a while and start posting again but I haven't as much free time as I wish I used to. I have piano lessons, I have a full schedule of high school work, lots of stuff I hate as much as I love. Once I beat UFO Lunatic, I don't know what I'm going to do next because there will probably be nothing left unless I want to start scoring, which I feel may cause the desire to have an aneurysm much faster than the constant losing against Remilia.

I don't remember if I've posted a list here or not, so I'm making an excel spreadsheet because why not

EDIT: Spreadsheet is HERE

It looks like shit because I used OpenOffice Calc because I don't have the money for Microsoft Office.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 12:39:47 AM by Ace »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Ecthel

• Jack of all trades, lazy at most.
« Reply #789 on: January 28, 2013, 01:29:40 AM »
Woo PCB 1cc Normal!

Though I feel wrong being happy about something I did after about 8 or so attempts... Maybe it's time to jump up to hard.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #790 on: January 28, 2013, 02:44:27 AM »
Woo PCB 1cc Normal!

Though I feel wrong being happy about something I did after about 8 or so attempts... Maybe it's time to jump up to hard.

Any milestone that exists, ever-so-pointless, is still a milestone. I say if something takes more than three attempts, it's worth something.

Enjoy.

« Reply #791 on: January 28, 2013, 03:10:32 AM »
EoSD Lunatic Reimu Homing 1cc <-Click for replay because I'm too lazy to put a picture in and expect common sense to kick in and tell you to click the picture even though most people who do that will say to click the picture

Hooray. I won. I'm pretty happy right now, the wall that caused a two-month hiatus for me (Scarlet Gensokyo Scarlet Gensokyo Scarlet Gensokyo 「スカレットげんそうきょう」 Scarlet Gensokyo Scarlet Gensokyo fuck you seriously at least I can bomb through Scarlet Meister) is now but a hurdle behind me. I've cleared 6, 7, 8, and 10 now. So I've dug through the candy and pillows only to find that all that's left is the used syringes, hay, needles, and maybe an occasional "Get out of winning free" card, which isn't optional to use. If I have to go after anything next, I'm going after SA because while it's dickish and I'm much further along in UFO, UFO is just an asshole and TD bores me for reasons including gameplay.

TLDR version: I finally got a Lunatic 1cc of EoSD and I'm super duper happy :>

And regarding my hiatus as far as here goes, I apologize for that. I just haven't had as much interest as I used to with this place. I might show up for a while and start posting again but I haven't as much free time as I wish I used to. I have piano lessons, I have a full schedule of high school work, lots of stuff I hate as much as I love. Once I beat UFO Lunatic, I don't know what I'm going to do next because there will probably be nothing left unless I want to start scoring, which I feel may cause the desire to have an aneurysm much faster than the constant losing against Remilia.

I don't remember if I've posted a list here or not, so I'm making an excel spreadsheet because why not

EDIT: Spreadsheet is HERE

It looks like shit because I used OpenOffice Calc because I don't have the money for Microsoft Office.

Congrats. Go for SA, it's worth the time. I 1cc'd it before MoF. :V

Anyway, I just timed out Hourai Jewel because felt challenged by someone else to do so (from another forum), and I think it's sorta worthy posting here.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #792 on: January 28, 2013, 03:52:30 AM »
HEY

HEY GUESS WHAT

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

FIRST ONE!

« Reply #793 on: January 28, 2013, 03:55:59 AM »
HEY

HEY GUESS WHAT

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

FIRST ONE!

Oh hey, congrats, and welcome to Lunatic. Now go 1cc PCB.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #794 on: January 28, 2013, 04:10:09 AM »
I hate YouTube. It took 4 attempts before I got an upload that worked.
UFO Lunatic NB 1cc video

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #795 on: January 28, 2013, 05:52:57 AM »
I hate YouTube. It took 4 attempts before I got an upload that worked.
UFO Lunatic NB 1cc video

Are you God or just a seraph trying to fuck with the rest of the board

I'm complimenting your ability, not trying to be stupid. I say this because I don't want to cause a misunderstanding.

Enjoy.

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #796 on: January 28, 2013, 06:11:58 AM »
HEY

HEY GUESS WHAT

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

FIRST ONE!

0 Bombs, 0 Extra Lives, that's what the first Lunatic 1CC has to be like. Congratulations!

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #797 on: January 28, 2013, 06:45:03 AM »
Cleared th07 Lunatic with ReimuB 4 days ago. 11 deaths, 34 bombs. At least it's an improvement from 44 bombs.
I also cleared th08 Lunatic with Border Team today. Wonder why I wasn't able to do this earlier. Probably because I didn't turn off Vertical Synchronization.
What should I do next?
Signature

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #798 on: January 28, 2013, 07:04:27 AM »
0 Bombs, 0 Extra Lives, that's what the first Lunatic 1CC has to be like. Congratulations!

At the start of Hourai Jewel I was at 1/2, and decided I wasn't going to risk anything by trying to do the crossovers. I just bombed at the top of the stream every single time, and finished just in time. This was my first time seeing anything of Kaguya's on Lunatic (I've made it to Stage 6 twice before, once died to the opening fairy and once to Apollo 13 on 6A), so I was basically bombing freely, though I did cap Galaxy in a Pot (somehow, I still fail it on Normal often) and Buddhist Diamond. Salamander Shield caught me by surprise with those new lasers and I lost one spare bomb there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 07:06:33 AM by Goldom »

redlakitu

« Reply #799 on: January 28, 2013, 05:32:10 PM »
My first clear with a self-imposed challenge on top - EoSD Normal No Bombs!

Perfect stages 1-4 if I recall correctly, then seven really stupid misses on the remaining two, like ramming right into a bullet twice or failing a really simple streaming section. Still, I managed to keep calm when it was really important and captured two of my weakest points - Scarlet Netherworld and Red Magic (it's so beautiful)... but if I hadn't cleared, the start of Remilia fight would have been enough of a reason to hate myself forever.

My hands are still somewhat shaky.

Edit: err, looks like I accidentally started the game with five lives instead of three. But I had two extra lives remaining at the end, so I would have cleared anyway.  I still feel stupid about such a simple oversight though...
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 05:59:09 PM by redlakitu »

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #800 on: January 28, 2013, 06:00:36 PM »

does that mean my first Lunatic clear is no good? because I ended it with 2/1.

anyay, congratulations to everyone, once again. especially to Ace for that EoSD ReimuA clear; to Goldom for his first lunatic 1cc ever. That's a great milestone, definitely; I suggest MoF or PCB next, but I suppose that's all up to you. As well as to Nereid for his NB UFO 1cc. Good stuff.

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #801 on: January 28, 2013, 07:01:00 PM »
Yeah, great stuff, Goldom. Do 10D next, get the boring ones out of the way. I'm sure you can do it.

redlakitu

« Reply #802 on: January 28, 2013, 07:21:51 PM »
Disregard the nonsense posted above, here is the real thing, with the goddamned starting lives set to three this time. And pretty much the same number of stupid mistakes.  Losing two lives on Stage 6 even before Eternal Meek was especially magnificent. Of course nothing can ever go completely right, so I had to mess up my name on high scores...

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #803 on: January 28, 2013, 08:03:30 PM »
HEY

HEY GUESS WHAT

[attach=1]
[attach=2]

FIRST ONE!

A round of applause indeed!
Ten Desires would also be my recommendation. As much as I hate to say it, it's a notch under the rest in fun value and it should be a lot more fun without it looming somewhere in the future.

Goldom

• Whee
« Reply #804 on: January 28, 2013, 08:52:32 PM »
Thanks for the compliments and suggestions. "Next" Lunatic is a looong way off though I think, I probably have twice as many hours practicing IN as any other game, and I have yet to even finish Hard in 2/5/11/12/12.8. And I dunno why, but I find 13 a lot harder than most other folks seem to. I don't think I've ever made it through stage 3 on its Lunatic mode, making it my worst of any game I've cleared Hard on. PCB is probably my next best bet, but it's a ways off. Oh, or LLS, that game changes so little with difficulty, I think I'm probably closest there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 08:55:48 PM by Goldom »

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
« Reply #805 on: January 28, 2013, 09:02:39 PM »
You don't need to do the game on Hard first, just move straight to Lunatic if that's your eventual goal.

« Reply #806 on: January 28, 2013, 09:07:08 PM »
Grats on the first Lunatic 1cc, Goldom !
About the next game to clear, I'd just advise that you go for the one you like the most. Don't feel obligated to even clear every game (unless it's a goal you clearly have fixed for yourself), do what you enjoy.

And I dunno why, but I find 13 a lot harder than most other folks seem to. I don't think I've ever made it through stage 3 on its Lunatic mode, making it my worst of any game I've cleared Hard on.
I feel the same (but again, I find PCB Lunatic hard as ****, so I'm probably wrong here).

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
« Reply #807 on: January 28, 2013, 10:12:54 PM »
So, I finally 1cced EoSD Hard with ReimuB! In my opinion, "Bury in Lake" and "Water Elf" aren't really that bad. Granted, they're probably worse on Lunatic, but I'm not exactly there yet in skill level.

EDIT: And PCB Hard with ReimuB as well! The run wasn't really too good (I died stupidly on Stage 2, for example), but it's done. That's all of the early Windows games except for PoFV 1cced on Hard.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:58:34 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #808 on: January 28, 2013, 10:19:14 PM »
does that mean my first Lunatic clear is no good? because I ended it with 2/1.

Haha, no, the more left, the better, of course, it just adds to the excitement.

Edit: Oh, missed that one, congratulations, Ace! Everyone else as well!
« Last Edit: January 28, 2013, 10:20:59 PM by Lepetit89 »

Oh

« Reply #809 on: January 29, 2013, 02:59:38 AM »
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=26649
EoSD LNB MarisaA!
All shot-types cleared on Lunatic without bombs!

Not much of an accomplishment but I also 1cc'd PCB Lunatic without bombs again.
Died 3 times to stage 3, and NMNB stage 6 is cool (2 borders broken/cap all Yuyuko cards) finished with 6 lives in stock.