Author Topic: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14  (Read 223945 times)

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪
Re: Touhou YOU FAILED THINGS Thread 14
« Reply #60 on: July 13, 2012, 01:58:58 AM »
Hey man

EoSD Sakuya is way fun
No
Lies

Maybe supergrazing her midboss nonspell is fun but still

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #61 on: July 13, 2012, 02:28:58 AM »
Played some EoSD.
1DNB lunatic Meiling!  to the post-Flower Dream Vine nonspell of all things!
Then a 1DNB Sakuya!  to the last spell!  This makes 2 1DNB Sakuya fights, the other to the second nonspell.
I want to try perfecting some EoSD stages, but no replays for stage practice makes me lose all interest. I heard something about a patch that lets you do that, do you know anything about it?
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2012, 02:34:24 AM »
I want to try perfecting some EoSD stages, but no replays for stage practice makes me lose all interest. I heard something about a patch that lets you do that, do you know anything about it?
I heard of that, pretty sure it only worked with the Chinese language patch.

Either way, I was livestreaming it so I would have had the livestream video.  You could also always just record every attempt.

Chuckolator

« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2012, 03:01:57 AM »
You could also always just record every attempt.
I can't even record my own videos, I give the replays to a friend who does everything. Safe to say that's out of the question.

Chinese is a little weird, but it's better than nothing. I'll look around.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2012, 03:16:12 AM »
I can't even record my own videos, I give the replays to a friend who does everything. Safe to say that's out of the question.

Chinese is a little weird, but it's better than nothing. I'll look around.
This would be the thread you're looking for.

Zil

« Reply #65 on: July 13, 2012, 03:32:35 AM »
90fps GFW Extra. 6 deaths to Grand Cross. I'm utterly disgusted.

Oh yeah, and it's nice having to 'no-ice' the flashlight thing because I can't see through screen cover percentage, killing me instantly. (It actually is fun, but still, wtf.)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:44:59 AM by Zil »

Chuckolator

« Reply #66 on: July 13, 2012, 03:40:20 AM »
This would be the thread you're looking for.
That doesn't really answer much, it just says the TC never actually managed to get it to work.

Should I make a new thread for this?

« Reply #67 on: July 13, 2012, 04:02:18 AM »
Well it provides a link to the site with the patch, and this:
Instructions on installing the patch
If your EoSD has Chinese patch, replace files with the ones in th06_cn.zip
Otherwise, use the programs in th06_replaypatch.zip to patch (one is for Japanese and one is for English, dunno which)
If non works, then your EoSD is not v1.02h, or that you patched it with something else.
Sadly I couldn't get it to work on my old PC, but that one hated EoSD, dnh, and all things Japanese.  So many headaches from that machine... In any case, give that a go and see.  It's about all there is for English documentation on it as far as I'm aware.

Chuckolator

« Reply #68 on: July 13, 2012, 04:04:24 AM »
I can't even find the files they're talking about.

And will the fact that I can't run Asian locales be an issue?

SirChaotick

• Mathematics.
  • Fun for EVERYONE.
« Reply #69 on: July 13, 2012, 05:32:23 AM »
Heaven and hell meltdown.
Heaven and hell meltdown.
HEAVEN AND HELL MELTDOWN.
HEAVEN AND EFFING HELL MELTDOWN!!!

What do I do? Either I die or that thing costs me five bombs. How? HOW?!

Aeteas

• Nonsensical
« Reply #70 on: July 13, 2012, 05:40:21 AM »
More generic UFO rage  :(

« Reply #71 on: July 13, 2012, 06:19:28 AM »
Trying to unlock SA Lunatic stage 6 for practice through continues... Then my Windows update resets my computer on my second attempt. Sigh. Though I suppose this was my fault for forgetting about doing it in the first place >.>

Still, I got to unlock stage 5 for practice. ORINNNNN!! I can't believe how hard she's become in Lunatic. Like what the hell. I remember when the cannibal wheels spell was easy. No strategy required! Now though...

@SirChaotick: Go to the sides and dodge. Don't get your eyes crossed. I tend to have a lot of success by moving in an 'o' formation. If you move up through the wave that's closer to you, then you'll have an easier time reading the other wave and so on and so forth. You may just have more success doing random dodging though, I dunno.

Although I have also seen some people dodge it right in the middle of the screen and be quite successful with it. If you're good at precision movements, dodging there might be easier for you.

« Reply #72 on: July 13, 2012, 06:28:21 AM »
I've already beat TD and SA on Lunatic

And when I try going for MoF I get to stage 6 with 2 extra lives

And then the last of those friggin' FUR BALL THINGS SHOOTS ME AND I GET DOWN TO ONLY ONE

Ok ok that's good I still thought I could do it...
Until Yamato Torus chipdeaths me
UGHGUGHGUHGH I'll save MoF for my second to last lunatic (last being UFO, of course)

Also, when I finally was able to beat CtC's phantasm, the game crashes and I can't save the replay
Now I feel so hollow inside....

(Anybody got another game I could try 1ccing on lunatic?  I was thinking of IN)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #73 on: July 13, 2012, 07:44:49 AM »
You could also always just record every attempt.
That reminds me, I'd record my own EoSD practice attempts, but HyperCam 2 doesn't seem to work with full screen, and I find Touhou nearly impossible to play on higher difficulties when the game is only taking up a quarter of the screen... anyone know a way to either record full-screen or resize the EoSD window?

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #74 on: July 13, 2012, 07:58:42 AM »
Vsynch. Resize the window to whatever size you want.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #75 on: July 13, 2012, 11:25:34 AM »
No.

That was, quite possibly, the worst way to die.

2:41, on my third try out of four against Shikieiki, I loose a level 2, then misjudge the invincibility frames and dash right into a bullet because I was moving sharp to the center of the screen.

I NEVER get as far as 2:41. I'm lucky to get to 2:00, and that's usually when she's down to her last hit.

Fuck everything.

« Reply #76 on: July 13, 2012, 12:21:09 PM »
I'm so out of practice that it hurts.

But ehh... Aura of Light. Fuck you. You are one of the worst spells in Touhou. Ever. Period. Dying to her attacks can be annoying but never quite as much as simply playing Aura of Light.

EDIT: And nothing just wants to go fucking right. That's it. I need a break now. This is so fucking bad. I'm so fucking pathetic at this game. Can't fucking control anything, keep running into bullets, can't capture ANY FUCKING THING. And it's irritating as fuck because of that 3 minute loading screen before the boss every fucking time.

I need a break. Play something easier.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:46:46 PM by Zengeku »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #77 on: July 13, 2012, 01:18:52 PM »
I'm so out of practice that it hurts.

But ehh... Aura of Light. Fuck you. You are one of the worst spells in Touhou. Ever. Period. Dying to her attacks can be annoying but never quite as much as simply playing Aura of Light.

EDIT: And nothing just wants to go fucking right. That's it. I need a break now. This is so fucking bad. I'm so fucking pathetic at this game. Can't fucking control anything, keep running into bullets, can't capture ANY FUCKING THING. And it's irritating as fuck because of that 3 minute loading screen before the boss every fucking time.

I need a break. Play something easier.

Ketsui? Dai-Ou-Jou? EspGaluda?
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #78 on: July 13, 2012, 01:24:08 PM »
Nah I was actually just thinking about Kogasa or Ichirin but it turns out I can't even properly handle Ichirin right now and given that I already gave Ketsui a spin earlier today I think i'll just call it it for now and relax.

« Reply #79 on: July 13, 2012, 03:33:09 PM »
Alright, let's just sit here and let that bullet pass right by - wait what?!  I've decided that SoEW doesn't deserve to have me clear it.  Not when Reimu's side-orbs are randomly growing hitboxes whenever they damn well feel.  Such terrible design...

Chuckolator

« Reply #80 on: July 13, 2012, 04:44:50 PM »
After seven consecutive perfects to fail at Game of Rising, I finally broke the streak?by failing at Genealogy.

fondue

• excuse me
« Reply #81 on: July 13, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
All the guys and girls on FB thought Touhou was rubbish, so I did a live replay of TD normal modo to show them.
I made it to Miko with three lives. On guze flash I was about to get hit so i tried to bomb nothing happened, and I game over'd.
I eventually realised I was moving to the left at the same time.
FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF-
BTW, I hate Seiga's spells :V

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #82 on: July 13, 2012, 07:53:37 PM »
Obligatory Greatest Treasure rage.

Seriously, how hard is it to convince myself that perfecting this stage is not fucking worth it anymore?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #83 on: July 13, 2012, 09:07:39 PM »
Obligatory Greatest Treasure rage.

Seriously, how hard is it to convince myself that perfecting this stage is not fucking worth it anymore?

It depends on how much "guilt" builds up.

For instance I'm fucking done with TD Extra. I have just dropped it. I'll sooner get done with high school than I will clear TD Extra.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

« Reply #84 on: July 13, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
It depends on how much "guilt" builds up.

For instance I'm fucking done with TD Extra. I have just dropped it. I'll sooner get done with high school than I will clear TD Extra.

Well if you can clear UFO Hard then there is no excuse that you don't just go kick Mamizous ass. So do it. ;D

« Reply #85 on: July 13, 2012, 10:38:29 PM »
LLS funtimes.  Trying to score in normal, just met three game overs in the following ways:

-Yuka's kedema milk phase.  I was out of resources and a kedema crashed into me
-Yuka's supergraze phase.  Didn't tap far enough down, died.  Twice.  Also died with 3 bombs in stock on stage 5 by crashing into one of those black/yellow orb things when I meant to bomb them for point items.
-Stage 5 kedema crashing into me, followed by a stray bullet hitting me a bit before the rings of death.

Blargh, I want my 70m =|

Chuckolator

« Reply #86 on: July 13, 2012, 10:43:11 PM »
A continuation of my last post, but eh. 15 attempts to make it past Eirin midboss nonspell (and thus register on the spellcard counter) haven't made it to third nonspell. I should work on perfecting easier bosses instead, like Orin and Byakuren.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #87 on: July 13, 2012, 10:44:43 PM »
Nah, you'd have better luck with Remilia.  :V

why is her first spell BS  :ohdear:

Chuckolator

« Reply #88 on: July 13, 2012, 10:45:57 PM »
Nah, you'd have better luck with Remilia.  :V
With 20 minutes between attempts? Yeah, still probably quicker than this.

crystalgreatsword

• Spin, Aya, spin!
« Reply #89 on: July 13, 2012, 10:46:30 PM »
Lost three of my lives to Merlin's first nonspell on PCB Normal.
Touhou Normal 1cc's: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, SA, UFO, TD
Touhou Hard Progress - EoSD: Stage 6, PCB: Stage 4, IN: Stage 4, MoF: Stage 4, SA: Stage 3, UFO: Stage 2, TD: Stage 4
Touhou Lunatic Progress - Haha, funny.

"I NEED MORE PRACTICE!!!" - Me at 2 in the morning