Author Topic: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F  (Read 234824 times)

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
Re: Labyrinth of Touhou 8F
« Reply #990 on: December 25, 2012, 04:33:45 AM »
what are you saying? the normal attack still doesn't do nearly enough damage to have an effect on a fight. be it trash or a boss. sure, 50% delay is nice, but if you use it, you will never get a laevantein. because if you couldn't do it in the first round, you won't use it 3 rounds after using attack.

you also don't have to wait for gauges of other team members. as I said, if your Flandre doesn't oneshot anything outside of strongly FIR resistant enemies as well as enemies with high DEF AND MND, you are doing something seriously wrong and should rethink about how you use level points and skillpoints for her.

« Reply #991 on: December 25, 2012, 09:24:32 AM »
Huh? Are you sure you are seeing her damage correctly? My level 489 Flandre has 417903 attack power and does 390k damage per hit with regular attacks. Sure, it can't compare to high tier attack skills, like 1.46 million Last Judgement, but it isn't isn't low damage. Compared to Mystia's Ill Star Dive, which does about 420k, I wouldn't say it is bad.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #992 on: December 25, 2012, 12:55:17 PM »
is still won't do shit in a fight. 390k damage alllright, but against enemies with several million HP, it's better to use a fucking skill. unless you are out of EVERYTHING there should never ever be a reason to use the regular attack of anyone.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #993 on: December 25, 2012, 01:47:43 PM »
Using the attack command loses out in dps in every way to using a skill. Even if you're out of sp, a focus and skill will likely net you more damage.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #994 on: December 26, 2012, 12:20:00 AM »
Flan has some consideration for it since Starbow Break in randoms loses her HP and drains TP quickly, but she's the only case outside of earlygame where you'd ever do it

Flan's Attack isn't -useless-, although it's not often you'd seriously consider using it (Since it does decent damage you can finish off a nearly-dead enemy, which Attack isn't good for normally after the first couple of floors). You want to clear random battles quickly and being that amount of conservative isn't conducive to that.

But yeah, outside of finishing off a nearly-dead enemy, you wouldn't bother. It does decent damage, but you don't want to take your time with things.

As for the person still trying to argue on how to do Tanky Flan, it seriously just does not work, because the attack you'll use in bosses (where you want a tanky character) will hurt her with defense-ignoring damage, and it doesn't matter how tanky you are when your HP is constantly low from that.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #995 on: December 26, 2012, 12:20:59 AM »
Well, I finished the V2 bosses and they were surprisingly easy. I destroyed Yukari after she decided to stop OHKO'ing my Suwako and Rinnosuke was more annoying than anything.

I've been steamrolling floors 22 and 23, completely mapped them out and everything. I'm currently at floor 24, which prompts me to take a break, I've heard this floor is a nightmare fitting of its looks.

Reimu Level 190. Also, I have 1,5 million SKP sitting unused. All of my characters HP, SP, Main offensive stat, DEF, MND, SPD and all elemental Affinities have been raised until they cost 5k SKP to upgrade.

So... what now? I still have to beat hibachi.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #996 on: December 26, 2012, 01:37:13 AM »
With skillpoints, you should concentrate more on a character's most important stats. Especially considering many of your characters likely aren't switched in for more then a few seconds at a time in boss battles, rendering their HP/DEF/MND fairly unimportant, and raising SP becomes less important for many people now as well. (the SP recovery amount maxes out at a certain point of SP, so you don't keep getting recovery speed returns from higher max)

If you're planning on implementing any of the soon upcoming Plus Disk characters into your party, keep on saving. You should be able to beat Hibachi no issue right now, unless you mean the dual hibachi; which you should still be able to beat, albeit it's not a pushover.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 01:39:03 AM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #997 on: December 26, 2012, 01:43:51 AM »
is still won't do shit in a fight. 390k damage alllright, but against enemies with several million HP, it's better to use a fucking skill. unless you are out of EVERYTHING there should never ever be a reason to use the regular attack of anyone.

Except in Flan's case, you don't have anything else to use. Starbow Break hurts her and can make her die if the enemy's turn is coming up. You need to use a regular attack so you can follow up with Laevateinn. However, that said, her attack damage isn't insignificant. As I have mentioned for comparative purposes, Eiki's Last Judgement, does 1.46 million against Flan's regular attack which is 360k. This means if Flan attacks 4 to 5 times, it is equal to Eiki's damage. Flan can get in about 2 attacks compared to Eiki's 1 attack if you take delay into account. That means Flan is sporting 720k damage compared to 1.46 million. That doesn't look so shabby now, does it?

Of course, if you have an opening, you can use Starbow Break and switch her out afterwards, because that skill hurts her a lot. But if you need her to stay in combat, this is what you do. Use a regular attack, then follow up with a better attack, then switch.

Using the attack command loses out in dps in every way to using a skill. Even if you're out of sp, a focus and skill will likely net you more damage.

For everyone else, yes. For Flan, not necessarily, unless you can switch her out after her Starbow Break. And against regular enemies that hurts her TP if you use Starbow Break, so its best that you use regular attack, then follow up with Laevateinn.

Reimu Level 190. Also, I have 1,5 million SKP sitting unused. All of my characters HP, SP, Main offensive stat, DEF, MND, SPD and all elemental Affinities have been raised until they cost 5k SKP to upgrade.

I would suggest level up their skill points on what they are good at. Someone like Youmu, don't bother with Mind, because her Mind growth is so terrible. But for someone like Reimu, yeah, leveling those will help. SP level ups aren't as good later on though, but if you still run into SP issues, then yeah, level it up.

Just remember, as the previous poster says, SP recovery has a cap. I think the cap count is 200. So if you have 300 SP and 30% recovery, you recover 60 SP on focus, not 90 SP on focus.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #998 on: December 26, 2012, 06:58:04 AM »
Floor 24 never gave me issues. Just make sure Mystia's faster than everything on the floor, and you'll do fine. She's useful like that.

Anyways, I've been doing another playthrough of this game. I got to 30F last time, but never actually did any of the bosses, something I plan to rectify. I'm on 18F now, grinding for the boss, who's every bit as difficult as I remembered, unlike Yukari, who I took on well before I thought I should (mainly to hear her awesome original-game BGM) and won anyways. I lost Reimu to Yukari's first attack, but guess what? I won anyways. I hadn't even mapped out the entire floor (hell, I hadn't even beaten Great Stamp). I expected to lose badly, but nope. Even with Reimu dead before any of my characters got a single turn, I managed to win. Barely, yes, but I should've gotten my ass handed to me, especially without my group healer (and only good defensive buffer). So that was amusing.

Pesco

• Trickster Rabbit Tewi
  • Make a yukkuri and take it easy with me
« Reply #999 on: December 26, 2012, 07:08:07 AM »
New thread here.