Author Topic: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2  (Read 183514 times)

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
Re: Daily Touhou Best Topic Round 2
« Reply #60 on: October 07, 2011, 01:57:49 AM »
Given whatever amount of time I've spent scorerunning SA Stage 1, it certainly means something that I haven't grown completely tired of it in the process. Great music for a Stage 1, as well as fun danmaku. SA Stage 1 is my answer.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #61 on: October 07, 2011, 03:03:44 AM »
I'm fond of PCB's Stage 1, partly because it was one of the first I experienced and partly because it has everything a good Stage 1 should have; good music to ease you in, danmaku that's not too difficult but not outright easy in order to prepare you for the rest of the game, and a fairly memorable boss fight.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #62 on: October 07, 2011, 03:20:15 AM »
Right now probably Mountain of Faith's, partly because Princess Inada is Scolding Me is my favorite Stage 1 boss theme.
I hate UFO Stage 1 though at the moment from stupid deaths resulting in reset/ragequit constantly.

(Back a question)
Ten Desires, best stage is extra.  best music in the game, most fun patterns too.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #63 on: October 07, 2011, 03:43:21 AM »
PCB's Stage 1, most definitely.
I'm partial to it because PCB was the first game I had.

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #64 on: October 07, 2011, 04:48:38 AM »
SA stage 1 for me. The reasons are as said by others. Pacing , music, grazing, danmaku, Kisume and Yamame. And rocks. Point spwewing rocks.

Another question though, which time zone do we base the new day on? For the benefit of international members that is.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #65 on: October 07, 2011, 05:02:12 AM »
New days are at 4:30 PM Pacific Standard Time (the ONLY time zone worth mentioning -^-). That would be 7:30 PM Eastern Standard time for reference.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #66 on: October 07, 2011, 05:50:07 AM »
Ten Desires and UFO for me, since it's the most easily memorizable one.

« Reply #67 on: October 07, 2011, 05:55:23 AM »
SA is probably the best (as long as you ignore the scoring system :V)

Not too fond of any of the first stages really.  I'm naturally prone to restarts, so I see all of them way too often.

« Reply #68 on: October 07, 2011, 06:42:24 AM »
SA Stage 1 is the only one that doesn't feel like prolonged history class.
Heck, I still die there from time to time. It might be because I'm playing pretty carefree since its just stage 1 though. Its somewhat Cave'ish. Which would kinda make sense right? You know, its a cave...  :V

Shame Nazrin kinda ruins it by being a mediocre fight. :(

Huh. I find her to be one of the better ones. What is your favorite stage 1 boss Donut?
« Last Edit: October 07, 2011, 09:21:11 AM by Zengeku »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #69 on: October 07, 2011, 10:20:32 AM »
Yeah, SA is the only one that's actually interesting.

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #70 on: October 07, 2011, 12:53:50 PM »
SA here too. There's something about that wind that blows in the background that I love.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #71 on: October 07, 2011, 04:24:18 PM »
Definitely SA. It's the only one that's remotely fun to play, and the music is great. Plus, Yamame isn't that bad of a stage 1 boss.

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #72 on: October 07, 2011, 05:36:59 PM »
Ten Desires, I like Yuyuko's reappearance, yes, the midboss is lacking, but the background, the music and the danmaku are cool enough to make me quickly forget about it.

Yes, I know that the danmaku isn't much, but it's stage 1 for god's sake, it's not supposed to be hard.(This is just my opinion, don't hurt me people who actually like difficulty"

nintendonut888

« Reply #73 on: October 08, 2011, 12:43:10 AM »
Huh. I find her to be one of the better ones. What is your favorite stage 1 boss Donut?

Well, since you asked -

What is your favorite stage 1 boss?

Truth be told, I'm not big on stage 1 bosses. A good stage 1 boss can't be too hard, but at the same time can't be boring, so it's tough to find one that fits those criteria...I think I would choose Orange - she's very short, but has some cute attacks that make me move about without hardly ever killing me.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #74 on: October 08, 2011, 01:03:11 AM »
Again, I'm going to cite PCB and say Letty. She's not necessarily the most challenging of bosses, but her danmaku is memorable and Crystallized Silver is a catchy boss theme.

I'm going to give Yuyuko an honorable mention if only because 10D's mechanics allow you to make her challenging if you want to.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #75 on: October 08, 2011, 01:10:18 AM »
Nazrin here. The music isn't my favorite among the stage 1 bosses (I like Ghost Lead better) but I think she has very good difficulty her last spellcard can still throw me off a bit too.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #76 on: October 08, 2011, 01:12:59 AM »
I wonder, does Yuyuko even count for this question despite the fact she didn't debut as a Stage 1 boss? If so, then Yuyuko. If not, then Yamame.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #77 on: October 08, 2011, 01:13:18 AM »
Mmm, I think I have to say Yamame. Interesting patterns for a stage 1 boss, and a nice theme as well.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #78 on: October 08, 2011, 01:32:48 AM »
Wriggle, since she's the easiest.

nintendonut888

« Reply #79 on: October 08, 2011, 01:37:43 AM »
I wonder, does Yuyuko even count for this question despite the fact she didn't debut as a Stage 1 boss? If so, then Yuyuko. If not, then Yamame.

We're basing this off of gameplay terms, so Yuyuko counts as a stage 1 boss in this case.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #80 on: October 08, 2011, 02:56:26 AM »
Stage 1 bosses are mostly boring, so I'll go with Komachi's first 'stage' boss: Cirno!

If PoFV doesn't count then Wriggle because the scoring method on her last spell is so damn fun.  I really should capture it that way.

DarkslimeZ

• A REIMU SLIME APPEARED.
  • COMMAND?
    • Eternal Temporality
« Reply #81 on: October 08, 2011, 03:01:50 AM »
Rika Rumia. Not for any real reasons, just that she's the one that sticks most in my mind for some reason.

Though Cirno is technically "a boss" in "a stage 1", in PCB...

[14:12] <~BoredTSO> you need to have enough fissile material in a certain density to reach supercriticality

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #82 on: October 08, 2011, 03:18:22 AM »
Minoriko is the one that sprung to mind immediately, dunno why, but I'm going with her.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #83 on: October 08, 2011, 03:31:34 AM »
I enjoy fighting Nazrin over all else, so her.
Her boss theme rocking total ass also helps.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #84 on: October 08, 2011, 06:33:23 AM »
Yuyuko, because I think the rest of them are really boring.

AxiamWolfe

• Virtual Jet Jockey too
  • 生存戦略!
« Reply #85 on: October 08, 2011, 07:59:19 AM »
Wriggle, since I find her the most fun to actually play against, danmaku wise.

« Reply #86 on: October 08, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »
Stage 1 bosses are usually a boring affair. I don't really get the notion that they shouldn't be hard. UFO had a challenging Stage 2 boss so hopefully ZUN will make a hard Staeg 1 boss some day... until then I'll just say Yamame. I like the music of her boss and she makes a... challenge in a way. At least her patterns looks cooler than the others.

MaStErSpArK94

« Reply #87 on: October 08, 2011, 12:10:34 PM »
Yamame, because I always enjoy playing against her, plus she has an awesome theme.

Derpface

• Don't worry universe, I will (ahn~♥) protect you...
  • Ke-he-he-he-he!
« Reply #88 on: October 08, 2011, 04:58:23 PM »
Minoriko, because of moosic and funny non-spells.

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #89 on: October 08, 2011, 05:31:33 PM »
<____> I hate all first stages. They're generally very plain and I'm sick of seeing all of them after ragequiting for hours and hours. (I'm talking about you, Rumia, Letty, Wriggle, Minoriko, Yamame, and Nazrin... oh wait)
...but if I had to choose, I'd say Ten Desires' with Yuyuko. It feels very relaxing and somewhat romantic IMO.