Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223708 times)

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #870 on: April 29, 2012, 06:55:35 PM »
I think the reason no one's answering is because those cards are kind of unmemorable. Like most of StB/DS, unfortunately.

There are aggressive fans of everything. SOMEONE will know how to do these cards off the top of their head.

But yeah, I see what you mean.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

Chuckolator

• ex-perfecter, good times
« Reply #871 on: April 29, 2012, 07:18:05 PM »
4-1 and 4-7: Far shots, all the way.
4-3: Take your shot after the top ones start falling, less dodging.
4-4: If you're having trouble reading the waves your picture doesn't catch, use the split second it takes to take your picture to look at them and plan ahead. Remember, you don't have to do both sides at the same time.
5-2: I like to shoot the purple wave, it seems harder than the blue.
5-3: Take out the first and second fists with your shot, then do what Thanuris says below.
5-4 and 5-8: Try to take out as many anchors as you can, all the time. 5-8 especially, sometime's it's worth it to waste a shot to get rid of 2 or 3 anchors.

All I can remember off the top of my head, good luck. >_>
« Last Edit: April 29, 2012, 07:40:40 PM by Seiga Kaku »
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.
Best perfects so far include UFO 6, MoF 4 and IN 6A.

formerly known as Seiga Kaku

« Reply #872 on: April 29, 2012, 07:26:26 PM »
5-2: take the photo on the purple wave, dodge the blue one
5-3: just swap sides, and if you can try to get a fist when you take the pictures
5-4: take the photo when murasa is shooting the anchors, if you can try to get some stuck anchors on the picture too
5-6: stay on the top of the screen and take the photo one or two movements before murasa goes to the bottom again
5-7: dodge the fists  :V
5-8: take the first picture on the lower right corner, and try to get 3 anchors in one shot, then do the same thing on the upper left corner, after that do not take more pictures until the anchors start shooting the green things, then you need to take a picture of the blue bullets that murasa shoots so you can dodge the green ones (or you can just go and take a picture of everything, as long as you survive it isn't important)

Rabies Bite is just photo timing and maybe some dodging  :V
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #873 on: April 30, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »
The UFO fairy before mid-Nazrin in Stage 1.

If you shoot it right before it goes away, the UFO will turn red right before Nazrin's midboss spell ends (ideally).

It usually winds up right below Nazrin, so you can catch it.

Sometimes, though, it ends up going above Nazrin making it completely inaccessible.

What causes this?

Nevermind. I thought it wasn't because I was at the wrong side of the fairy but apparently it is.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2012, 04:56:13 PM by BT »

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #874 on: April 30, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »
I myself never get it to last until Nazrin leaves, so I don't know how you're doing this :V

@Topic

counter clock again please

BT

• I never talk to you
« Reply #875 on: April 30, 2012, 04:57:05 PM »
Shotgun as much as possible. :V

I'm using ReimuA so it should be easy with SanaeB even if you're wary of the card.

I'm pretty sure you can fully memorize Counter Clock. Aimed shots, static lasers.

« Reply #876 on: April 30, 2012, 05:04:19 PM »
Counter Clock: Left for the first wave, right for the second, stay on the middle and then move up for the third wave, repeat until dead. (the lasers won't touch you in the third wave if you are placed correctly)
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

« Reply #877 on: April 30, 2012, 07:26:11 PM »
I myself never get it to last until Nazrin leaves, so I don't know how you're doing this :V

@Topic

counter clock again please
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20586

Basically what Thanuris said, except that shotgunning isn't really needed. The lasers are quite forgiving in terms of their hitbox so you're safe from them for like a second when they appear.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #878 on: April 30, 2012, 10:43:45 PM »
What the fuck am I doing wrong?

I can't analyze my own replays for myself because remembering my flaws and how to fix them when I'm the one that made the tip.

The run does really well, and I leave Shou with a 2/0 ratio which is incredible for my standards.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
I've captured it before but still I need some help.
How do you do Nitori's final card on lunatic?

Chuckolator

I've captured it before but still I need some help.
How do you do Nitori's final card on lunatic?
Don't you just repeatedly switch between the far left and the far right? That works for me more than anything.
Aiming to perfect every stage in Touhou. loljk don't care anymore You can find my perfects here or here.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
Don't you just repeatedly switch between the far left and the far right? That works for me more than anything.
but then I get no damage with ReimuB.

Chuckolator

Pause in the middle for a few seconds every time, maybe? I use ReimuB too, but it's been a while. >_>

How on earth I am supposed to do Boss Nitori's 2nd card and Boss Sanae 2nd to last card on normal :ohdear:
On every run I do, I always die or bomb, especially the latter that don't even last a wave :(
And Midboss Sanae card too  :(
Replays for reference:
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20618
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20619
Don't pay too much attention at the stage part as I was screwing around :3
Please give me some advices  :ohdear:

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
Illusionary Waterfall?
"Look for gaps" is the best I can say :V

Preparation for Divine Whatever?
Master the micro-tap. Train yourself to budge one pixel at a time.
And squeeze through the hitboxes with gusto.

Gray Thaumaturgy works the same way.

ALTERNATIVELY:

You're playing MoF, and you're not bombing like a normal person does.

Illusionary Waterfall?
"Look for gaps" is the best I can say :V

Preparation for Divine Whatever?
Master the micro-tap. Train yourself to budge one pixel at a time.
And squeeze through the hitboxes with gusto.

Gray Thaumaturgy works the same way.

ALTERNATIVELY:

You're playing MoF, and you're not bombing like a normal person does.
I am DEFINITELY bombing, but I was trying to practise more so I somehow bomb less in stage practice  ::)
Which results in some stupid moves, I know  :ohdear:

Zil

Those Sanae spells are static. It takes some microtapping I think, but it's easy with practice.

Nitori's last spell is huge misdirection. The aimed part is slow, so you can linger under Nitori, then go all the way to one side, stay there for a bit, then return through the most spread out part in the bullets.

Okay.

Full list of cards I have yet to cap:

5-5
7-2
8-4, 8-5, 8-7
10-4, 10-5, 10-6, 10-8
EX-1, EX-4, EX-6, EX-7, EX-8

I remember someone (I think Zil?) said a while back they capped 7-2 at 90 FPS but I can't figure out what I'm even supposed to be doing.

The others, I'm not sure if I don't know how to do them or if I just suck.

But really, any help at all I can get would be really great.

EDIT: Got 7-2, thanks Zil!
« Last Edit: May 02, 2012, 02:39:22 AM by Malkyrian »

Zil

Yeah, 7-2 wasn't so bad. Here's the replay in case you want to see it. - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20636

She adds another line of bullets every time you take a picture, so ideally you only want to take one before she "appears." I started out above her, then just kept going in slow circles, taking a picture each time I got back to the top again. Considering how you've done so many others (which is pretty amazing, I have to say), I think this shouldn't be much trouble for you.

I'll look at those others too and see what can be done with them.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
Hey, can anyone give me a few tips on SA Extra?

I've got *most* of the stage portion down pat, but the fairies spawning green bubbles and the fairies that shoot the fast-moving diamond bullets are getting me (well, I can use Reimu-A's ability to break the blue fairies, but I'd like to know how to do it without that too).

Another thing would be Sanae's third card. It's streaming of some sort on a smaller scale, but how exactly to do it?

And then Id and Super-Ego I have no hope on (farthest I've gotten was Id). Ancestors just needs a bit of polishing to get it right each time, Danmaku Paranoia is easy, and yeah I die right after that. That, and the first few nonspells (except the opener) are really hectic for me >~<

Help...?

Hey, can anyone give me a few tips on SA Extra?

I've got *most* of the stage portion down pat, but the fairies spawning green bubbles and the fairies that shoot the fast-moving diamond bullets are getting me (well, I can use Reimu-A's ability to break the blue fairies, but I'd like to know how to do it without that too).

Another thing would be Sanae's third card. It's streaming of some sort on a smaller scale, but how exactly to do it?

And then Id and Super-Ego I have no hope on (farthest I've gotten was Id). Ancestors just needs a bit of polishing to get it right each time, Danmaku Paranoia is easy, and yeah I die right after that. That, and the first few nonspells (except the opener) are really hectic for me >~<

Help...?

The green bubble fairies can be killed fairly quickly at full power with ReimuA, and if you know the spawn locations they wont be able to shoot too much. Otherwise, they are all aimed so you can stream it if they start shooting a lot. The ones that shoot the fast diamond bullets can sort of be streamed but I never really figured out exactly how the bullets are aimed work so I usually end up bombing the wave after Sanae.

If you've played IN any recently, release of the Id is similar to Kaguya's 3rd last spell so you could use IN spell practice to get comfortable with crisscrossing streams. Super-ego is similar just in the opposite direction. I usually stay about halfway up the screen on either one because it's the most comfortable place for me to balance reading the streams and having space in between to dodge.

After that, Youkai polygraph is pretty easy though it may take a few tries to get it right, Rorscach is static (I think) but tough because it clips a lot. Embers of love is weird the first few times until you get used to having tons of reflecting stuff on screen. Genetics is genetics (I still havent captured it in like 30 attempts). Philosophy is a static survival and if you just want to clear you can just not shoot during the final spell because there is no timeout phase and leave it at the first or second phase (they are both pretty easy).
Current Goals: Clear all games on hard with every shottype (or team, not all solos in IN)

Remaining: EoSD 0, PCB 3, IN 0, MoF 3 (Marisa B doesn't count), SA 4, UFO all B types, TD Youmu, total 14.

Random

• Rice cakes, sea anemones
  • Benzene, benzene ♪

Use the safespot Avoid streaming at the bottom of the screen. Be watchful for random bullets coming above you and from the sides, and don't be afraid to change your streaming direction early.

The green bubble fairies can be killed fairly quickly at full power with ReimuA, and if you know the spawn locations they wont be able to shoot too much. Otherwise, they are all aimed so you can stream it if they start shooting a lot.
What's weird about those bullets is that they're not aimed at you; they're aimed around you, so be extremely careful if you want to stream that part.

The ones that shoot the fast diamond bullets can sort of be streamed but I never really figured out exactly how the bullets are aimed work so I usually end up bombing the wave after Sanae.
The safest way to do it is to circle around the fairies. Sapz does it pretty well here.

Embers of love is weird the first few times until you get used to having tons of reflecting stuff on screen. Genetics is genetics (I still havent captured it in like 30 attempts). Philosophy is a static survival and if you just want to clear you can just not shoot during the final spell because there is no timeout phase and leave it at the first or second phase (they are both pretty easy).
You might notice that Koishi fires her hearts in two different ways. First, they're aimed at you, and second, they go to the side of the screen. I find it easiest to stay under Koishi at the bottom of the screen whenever she aims them at you, so that you don't have as many hearts bouncing in random directions.

Genetics is genetics (I still havent captured it in like 30 attempts).
Whenever you hear a charging sound during Genetics, it means that Koishi will go to you. You can set up a path that Koishi will always follow.

xForeverFanaticx

• Bomb ALL the Spellcards!
urrr... any tips for Koishi's nonspells? The cards are a bit more familiar to me now, but the nonspells still really set my heart racing >~<

How do I do the second phase of 10-8? Is there any way to tell where Aya's going to end up?

Also, 5-5 in general. Feels completely luck-based as it is, which is probably a sign I'm doing it wrong.

For Genetics there really isn't much to say apart from shoot the shit outta her while dodging the bullets until you get into the range where the bullets spawn at which point you should retreat. Stick to the bottom of the screen, if she's at the top and you hear the charging sound (the first time around she should be in the top right corner) quickly fly up to the left top; she will follow you and you can slowly descend while inflicting some serious damage until she reaches the bottom and everything repeats. At one point she will be at the bottom when she charges so you wanna just circle around her by flying up and down on the other side again. Use the enemy locator at the bottom of the screen to your advantage so you know where she is while dodging the rings so you don't have to look up all the way to the top and losing your focus. It's a really simple spell once you got used to it, just do it a few times.

There are three kinds of non-spells she has. The first ones are those pellet wall coming at you while rings form to the sides of you. Quick reading and dodging, no real trick there. The next one is where she shoots those walls from the top at you. That's also pure dodging, usually moving focused all the time works because you got enough breathing room, though at the last one with the huge purple egg bullets you wanna consider quick unfocused movements to get out of the tighter spaces. Last one are those pellet waterfalls with the huge bullets in the middle. Stick to the middle (that is underneath Koishi) so that the walls rain down in a straight motion. Lightly dodge the huge bullets but don't move too much or else you'll get nice curvy pellet waterfalls raining down on you. First one's not so bad but at the second one you wanna certainly stick to this method.

And yeah, for Sanae's third spell streaming at about a quarter above the bottom of the screen should suffice. Once you're about to reach either of the sides (just a little bit further than the middle of the screen) do a quick unfocused diagonally upwards move to the very end of the screen or at least close to it, and then stream to the other side from there. Of course all the random bullets raining about everywhere don't make this easy but it's a great spell to practice dense dodging on.

Keep at it, you'll have her in no time. ;)

Zil

This is how I did 5-5 at 90fps - http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=20767

My strategy was to guide her into the upper corners, slip out at the last second, then move in a big "U" across the bottom and into the other corner.

In 10-8, I'm assuming you mean the phase where she bounces back and forth across the screen. I don't think you can tell exactly where she will land, but the goal is to take a picture the instant she leaves the wall, then go to the top or bottom of the screen - whichever she's moving away from.

Any tips on successfully dodging the final red wave of midboss nue on stage 4?

I really cannot risk bombing and dodging is quite difficult all for that 1up.

BT

• I never talk to you
It's static, or at least it seems like it since I capture it with very good consistency by using about the same route.

For the last wave I usually stay a bit in the middle, then go to the right and collect my reward. :V

Watch replays, I suppose.