Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 223712 times)

Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #240 on: December 29, 2011, 04:00:40 AM »
I'll try. I'm using the Netherworld team but I tried with the Border team and captured the card twice. That doesn't really help when I'm playing with a different team though, so...meh. I keep getting stuck between the knives/swords and the green bullets.

Also 42 faliures on "End of Imperishable Night -Half to Midnight-" and no capture yet is just...ugh. Can someone help me out on this one?
I'm posting way too much here

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #241 on: December 29, 2011, 05:07:26 AM »
I don't know which last spell or difficulty that is so I'm assuming lunatic and all of them. (strats are the same)
1st one: Just stream it up and down
2nd one: Try to find a gap in the bullets, dodge the first 2 rows you've dodged the wave, then move to another spot to dodge the bubble
3rd one: Watch one set of bullets at a time, dash unfocused through the gap.  Alternate colors.
4th one: I hate this one, stream around the bottom half of the screen in a U shape, starting on the left wall midway up.  Avoid the highspeed bullets
5th one: read and dodge.

Zodiac

• (?・ω・`)
« Reply #242 on: December 29, 2011, 05:20:30 AM »
4th one: I hate this one, stream around the bottom half of the screen in a U shape, starting on the left wall midway up.  Avoid the highspeed bullets
stay at center of Kaguya's hitbox and focused (for more graze and time orbs) listen to bullets sound and go down to bottom of the screen in correct timing~!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9xolGthWybg#t=266s
P.S. Sorry about my bad English ,sir ~ !
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 05:23:23 AM by olAlolilo »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #243 on: December 29, 2011, 05:29:26 AM »
stay at center of Kaguya's hitbox and focused (for more graze and time orbs) listen to bullets sound and go down to bottom of the screen in correct timing~!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=9xolGthWybg#t=266s
P.S. Sorry about my bad English ,sir ~ !
I've tried that, but for a normal capture it's not worth trying to get the precise spot.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #244 on: December 29, 2011, 05:17:34 PM »
Kaguya's fourth last spell? This one's all about moving as slowly as you can. A nice little trick is that you can hide in the lower-left edge of the screen and the first three waves (before the bubble bullets) will all miss you. After that, try and move as slowly as you can from left to right (or right to left, I imagine either would work). Try and move only one "lane" at a time. Since the bubble bullets are aimed and won't be a bother so long as you are moving, try to take your attention off of them and focus entirely on where the blue lanes are being aimed. If you do this perfectly you'll time it out by the time you reach the other side of the screen, but if not, either crawl up the side or try and frantically switch directions to misdirect the bubble bullets until it times out.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #245 on: December 30, 2011, 07:14:06 AM »
LLS Extra...
Gengetsu's 2nd last phase - I can't read the first wave for some reason... ???
Also, dunno if it's me or smthing, but LLS bullets seem so much faster and jumpier than Windows games that I have lots of trouble just reading them; the flashy background doesn't help either.

« Reply #246 on: December 30, 2011, 03:35:16 PM »
Alright, since I can't seem to figure it out...any advice for that section in SA stage 5 on normal immediately after midboss Orin? Even if by some miracle I manage a capture of Cat Walk (which I have done, but it's probably my worst card in any Touhou, something like 2/65) I die to the pellets and then die again to the orbs with the aimed spread. That section is the sole reason I haven't perfected SA Stage 5 on Normal. I've already perfected Orin twice (once if failing Cat Walk makes the second one not count).

Zodiac

• (?・ω・`)
« Reply #247 on: December 30, 2011, 04:14:58 PM »
Alright, since I can't seem to figure it out...any advice for that section in SA stage 5 on normal immediately after midboss Orin? Even if by some miracle I manage a capture of Cat Walk (which I have done, but it's probably my worst card in any Touhou, something like 2/65) I die to the pellets and then die again to the orbs with the aimed spread. That section is the sole reason I haven't perfected SA Stage 5 on Normal. I've already perfected Orin twice (once if failing Cat Walk makes the second one not count).
SA stage 5 normal mode isn't too hard . I'm sure you can do it soon ~! :D
Good luck with your practice  :)
PS. This is some of my perfect run replay http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17553
Hope this help!  :3
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:41:36 PM by olAlolilo »

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #248 on: December 30, 2011, 04:34:28 PM »
ok...there's 2 approaches for that part of the stage.

First approach, may be considered cheap: almost time out both nonspells to 'eat' that part of the stage.

Second approach, after Cat's walk, grab the stuff and head to the bottom corner, stream the aimed stuff along the bottom slowly avoiding the pellets.  Once the 'walls' start showing up, run to the corner then start streaming back towards the other corner, then attempt to streamturn.  This is probably the hardest part of the stage, other then maybe Cat's Walk.

Zil

« Reply #249 on: December 30, 2011, 04:44:40 PM »
SA stage 5 normal mode isn't too hard . I'm sure you can do it soon ~! :D
Good luck with your practice  :)
That's hardly advice. :]

@Malkyrian You want to stream those aimed bullets from the orbs in a way that also let's you destroy the orbs as soon as they appear, or at least before they reach the bottom of the screen. They appear in the same places every time, so learning a good path makes it much easier. I don't really know how to do it myself, but you could probably figure out a path or watch some replays. I'm pretty sure you want to start on the left though, so try to end the pellet section on left side. As for how to deal with the pellets, you just gotta dodge them while streaming the revenge bullets from the spirits. Unfocusing when possible may help kill more of them.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:47:39 PM by Zil »

Zodiac

• (?・ω・`)
« Reply #250 on: December 30, 2011, 04:49:55 PM »
That's hardly advice. :]

:blush:
I want to help ,but My bad English makes me can't advice so much . heheheh  :D
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 04:55:39 PM by olAlolilo »

« Reply #251 on: December 30, 2011, 06:36:15 PM »
I really have no idea how to do Fantasy Seal -Blink- (normal). Is it a survival card? I can't seem to do any damage to Reimu.
I'm using Marisa by the way. I'm trying to unlock Fantasy Heaven.
Also if anyone has any strategy for the green criss-crossing bullets in Hourai Elixir then please tell me.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #252 on: December 30, 2011, 06:53:22 PM »
I really have no idea how to do Fantasy Seal -Blink- (normal). Is it a survival card? I can't seem to do any damage to Reimu.
I'm using Marisa by the way. I'm trying to unlock Fantasy Heaven.
Also if anyone has any strategy for the green criss-crossing bullets in Hourai Elixir then please tell me.
I was confused when I first captured Blink, Reimu takes next to no damage for the first 30 seconds of the card, then will have her health drained in a couple seconds of shooting.Best advice I can give is stream and try to keep track of where Reimu is going.

Criss-crossing bullets are evil, I always dodge them down in the corner so half of them are heading straight down.  It also gives the bullets more time to spread out.
Here's what not to do (done by a friend): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lNciTze8Y80

Zil

« Reply #253 on: December 30, 2011, 07:20:11 PM »
Fantasy Seal -Blink-
Yeah, she won't take damage until a certain point. Also, the key to capturing that card is, in my opinion, knowing that Reimu charges directly at you when she fires the aimed purple circles. Try to align yourself so you can stream the amulets and Reimu's bullets in the same movement. Usually you want to move over just a bit, then stream along a path parallel to Reimu's, so make that line the same as the one you'd use to dodge the amulets as well. (Try to make Reimu go horizontally, basically.)

Zodiac

• (?・ω・`)
« Reply #254 on: December 30, 2011, 07:36:45 PM »
Fantasy Seal -Blink- (normal).
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17758
first 25-30 secs no damage on Reimu ? I'm not sure but shoot and dodge until you captured it :D
(purple bullets are aimed and I'm not sure that Reimu still has hitbox in this spell or not.  be careful! )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLzoaAVIyAo&feature=player_detailpage#t=71s

go down at bottom right or left and dodge (bullets will be slower and easier to dodge.)
this is the best and safe way in my opinion .  ;)
« Last Edit: December 30, 2011, 07:59:35 PM by olAlolilo »

« Reply #255 on: December 30, 2011, 08:21:16 PM »
Thanks for the advice on Fantasy Seal everyone; I finally captured it!
Now only Hourai Elixir is left.

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #256 on: January 01, 2012, 02:22:26 AM »
How the crap do you capture Maze of Love with Marisa A (EoSD Extra)? I always keep getting knicked on the Clockwise phase and losing my last life.
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #257 on: January 01, 2012, 02:24:12 AM »
One thing you don't want to let happen in Maze of Love is to get pushed any farther than you have to. Marisa's speed makes this easier to handle than with Reimu, but you still need to be comfortable with your hitbox position. Also, if you're gutsy, you can head down after the first wave and do some micrododging to end the card quickly. It's risky, but it's effective!
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2012, 05:58:25 AM »
How the crap do you capture Maze of Love with Marisa A (EoSD Extra)? I always keep getting knicked on the Clockwise phase and losing my last life.
I always do it by way of gap appears-->line up with gap, and can capture it fairly consistently, even no focus.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2012, 08:19:25 AM »
Sorry for double posting, but now I need help with some things as opposed to helping.

I want a full Double Spoiler clear across Aya and Hatate, the scenes I'm missing are:
8-1, 8-4, 8-6, 8-7, 8-8
9-1, 9-3, 9-4, 9-7 ( I know this one is utter BS)
10-4, 10-8
11-2, 11-5, 11-7
12-1, 12-2, 12-3, 12-4, 12-6, 12-7
EX-1, EX-5, EX-7, EX-9
Help with any of these would be appreciated, although I've come close on a few of these, on most I'm completely stuck.

Zil

« Reply #260 on: January 02, 2012, 09:14:59 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3R1PjiXOK8Q&feature=youtu.be - Stage 11
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UHuhEOE6ac - Stage 12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhEaSVNNubg - EX Stage

I've got those two stages on my channel, with the time each scene starts in the video description. (Might upload Stage 11 just for the heck of it.)
I'll get some actual advice written here after I look them over:

8-4 ~ Watch out for her ramming into you after the picture is taken, and try to take the pictures right when she makes a new sun.
8-6 ~ There's a specific pattern that works very well. I found that every other picture would be used for defense, and try to get two suns when you take the defensive picture. Also stay out of the middle. Keep the suns on the edge.
8-7 ~ Take a pic the instant she fires, hopefully near the center of the screen, then run to the side she's moving away from. It's quite like something Aya did in StB during Eiki's last scene.

9-1 ~ Memorize the first part I guess. Don't be afraid to take many defensive pictures in the later phases just to gain some ground.
9-3 ~ A funny one. Notice where it will be safe to stand, then work your way to that spot. DO NOT rush there immediately or the aimed bombs will just make it unsafe and you'll have nowhere to go. Not sure if you can take a pic the instant they explode on top of you to save yourself.
9-4 ~ It seems to follow some kind of pattern(?). I think the DNA seems to follow Koishi or something. All I really know is look out for when she tries to smash into you, and then really get the hell away from her. (Far away)
9-7 ~ Just laugh at it, because it's laughing at you.

10-8 ~ Stay as close to Iku as you can, and take photos as rapidly as possible. It's much easier with Hatate.

12-2 ~ Try to play it safe and take out the clone immediately, I recommend seeing what I did in the vid.
12-3 ~ You need to take pictures at very precise moments to avoid being screwed over.
12-4 ~ Get familiar with what the pattern becomes as the scene proresses. Shouldn't be too tough, I don't think.
12-6 ~ Keep your eyes focused up near Nue, and don't worry too much about the blue bullets. I tried to think of myself as aiming for the spaces rather than dodging the lasers.
12-7 ~ Maybe it's good to let the rectangle shrink before taking a picture so you don't get swords, though personally I didn't do that at all. I know you should stay close to Byakuren though.

EX-1 ~ Very easy if you take pictures at the right time. Just check the vid for one way to do it. You wanna use the giant amulets to clear the bullets, then clear the amulet yourself while also getting Reimu in the shot.
EX-7 ~ Reimu aims herself at you, and the walls she comes from follow a clockwise pattern, so you can predict her easily. Just sidestep and recenter. Her amulets come from the point on the wall she appeared from, so keeping everything centered is very helpful. (Also, a slight diagonal movement in any direction will invariably evade her, but it looks more badass to do what I did.)
EX-9 ~ Well, it's super easy. Just do what I did I guess.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 10:40:08 AM by Zil »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #261 on: January 02, 2012, 10:58:42 PM »
UFO lunatic here I come!!
Stage 3
- Ichirin's 2nd nonspell takes excessively long time to die for some reason, or else I wouldn't have such a high death rate to it...
- Ichirin's 2nd spell - any tricks? I can't survive more than 2 waves
(I still have yet to figure out circling the last part, but I'm sure some replay-watching and grinding would get me through that)

Stage 4
- I keep dying to midboss Nue...
- How to dodge the wave of pink rice bullets right after Nue? I get walled 70% of the time.
- Murasa's 2nd spell - I get screwed if Murasa moves to the wrong side of the screen and send diagonal bullets to cross with vertical ones... what am I supposed to do?
- Murasa's 3rd nonspell - autobomb ??? Especially sometimes leftover bullets come from behind everything else and snipe you!
- Murasa's 3rd spell - this takes excessively long time to die... like I've timed it down to 5 seconds before, but never captured
I think I've got the survival figured out... still ain't no easy spell though.

Right now, on best conditions, stage 3 = net lost of 2 lives, stage 4 = net gain of 1 life. Not very satisfied but... *sigh*
Will grind stage 2 later - I realized I have to have net gain of several lives here to have any chance of 1cc.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:02:12 PM by Kanon »

Esper

• <Temporary Title>
  • <Temporary Text>
« Reply #262 on: January 02, 2012, 11:08:04 PM »
I always do it by way of gap appears-->line up with gap, and can capture it fairly consistently, even no focus.

I know. I meant, how do you make Marisa handle correctly so that you CAN line up with them? I always either smash into a damn wall or get smashed by one of the red bullets.

One thing you don't want to let happen in Maze of Love is to get pushed any farther than you have to. Marisa's speed makes this easier to handle than with Reimu, but you still need to be comfortable with your hitbox position. Also, if you're gutsy, you can head down after the first wave and do some micrododging to end the card quickly. It's risky, but it's effective!

I will try that.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2012, 11:12:43 PM by MoisChanvsTamama »
My profile picture is whimsy until I feel like adding something else.

Enjoy.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #263 on: January 02, 2012, 11:56:34 PM »
I know. I meant, how do you make Marisa handle correctly so that you CAN line up with them? I always either smash into a damn wall or get smashed by one of the red bullets.
Here's the key: lately I've been using Reimu.  I generally stay slightly beyond where the just-fired bullets stop, and then move to the next gap.  Beyond that I found this spell really intuitive and capture it every time I try the circle method and die every time I try the 'uber' method.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #264 on: January 03, 2012, 12:20:47 AM »
Okay. Really.
I've always had trouble with Green UFOs, even at normal speed, but this is ridiculous. Not even a single capture at 90FPS.
It always seems like "Okay, I choose this lane - oh, no, all the bullets happen to be going down here."

Is there any lane in particular that I should try to be in? I've tried the ones on the ends of the screen, and the second ones from the edge, but it's always the same micrododging bull.
Or, rather, is there any trick to killing UFOs with SanaeB at 3 power?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #265 on: January 03, 2012, 01:57:27 AM »
Okay. Really.
I've always had trouble with Green UFOs, even at normal speed, but this is ridiculous. Not even a single capture at 90FPS.
It always seems like "Okay, I choose this lane - oh, no, all the bullets happen to be going down here."

Is there any lane in particular that I should try to be in? I've tried the ones on the ends of the screen, and the second ones from the edge, but it's always the same micrododging bull.
Or, rather, is there any trick to killing UFOs with SanaeB at 3 power?
I usually stay at the either end of the screen, cuz those lanes have the least amount of bullets.
The second ones from the edge have more bullets than the ones at the very end.
To end it faster, shoot Nue while the laser is not active (may be difficult to do at 90FPS since you then have to dash through bullets).
It's kinda hard to kill UFOs quick enough to make a difference, even at 4.00 power.
You can try staying really close to the laser, that'll kill one of them, but I don't know if it will make the card easier.

Zil

« Reply #266 on: January 03, 2012, 08:22:10 AM »
@Kanon Here's a near-perfect replay of stage 4 (one death to Murasa's 3rd spell) http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=17839

I also uploaded a timeout of her 3rd nonspell earlier in this thread. It's simple if you just do the same thing every time, but Murasa can screw you over with bullets from the previous spell, so be ready to bomb it. Capturing Nue's pattern is all-important, since if you live she gives you an extra life, and if you die or bomb she gives you a bomb. It's basically static though so just keep practicing it.
I'm not sure which wave of pink bullets you mean. The one's immediately after Nue are static so just do the same thing every time. The one's right before Murasa are easier if you can kill the fairies before they shoot, but you should be summoning UFOs like crazy right there anyway.
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 08:25:09 AM by Zil »

Marisa Kirisame

• "So what if she's a girl, da ze?"
  • Marisa X Alice for life
« Reply #267 on: January 03, 2012, 03:44:43 PM »
WEll only two more Ex stages left before I have them all done. 12 and 13.

12: I am using Reimu A (Or which ever one the needles are)
no...just no.... The stage is rather hectic but my eyes are good enough to guage where the safe spots are in Kogasa's second card. The last part of the stage before Nue also beggs for bombing. *even when the Ufo appearance is there, there is still too much residiual.* As for UFOs, I spam the green ones consistently with 1 red so I can gian a Life during the fight with Nue, but that is unfortunately the second probelm....

Nue Houjuu:

I can do the NS just fine, all of them.

!st spell, caped consistenly.

2nd spell....will come back to.....

3rd spell. I noticed recently there is a small and slgith color difference in the snakes she shoots. This has thankfully given me some forsight in the spell and makes capping it much easier than before.

4th spell: I cap this on and off. I just don't know which Blue ones to consistently take out while dodging the lasers.

5tth spell: Can cap consistently unless I just  completel derp my movements

6th spell: I can cap consistently if I keep and eye on my surroundings

7th spell: I see this as clear it fast or ELSE! It gets way to fast in later parts of it and I just try to shot gun her as much as possibly early on.

8th spell: Only been here once. got killed in the second wave by moving red bullets whilst trying to avoid the huge laser/pill thing I don't know an effective way to get though it so, again, help would be most appreciated.

9th: never been there but form what I have seen of in in videos, it shoudn't be too hard to get through (except maybe her RNG wave on that one).

Now back ot the 2nd spell: Very appropraitely named. RAGE. I always end up timing this out if I don't die and other than that die a LOT. THis card is the bane of my existence when attempting to beat Nue. The Red UFOs come out again too fast so I can't get much of a hit in on Nue before having to run again. There has got to be some way to do that one. This is where I really need the help.

It should also be dually noted that I have seen the vids on youtube and what not. but they are not helping my situation.

Again, I would love any help that can eb given here.

Thanks ahead of time,
Flandre Scarlet
"Ok I admit it. The endless night, corrupting the moon, hiding the human village and putting those funny little hats on statues; it's all Alice's fault. Now bitch, get out of the way!" -Marisa Kirisame from Touhou 8 Imperishable Night.

« Reply #268 on: January 03, 2012, 04:02:40 PM »
The second spell is a pretty simple card with no random elements. The bullets are aimed so you'll want to make it through the UFO's and start shooting Nue so you won't get it timed out. Watch replays. Trust me, its pretty simple when you understand it.

Also, you might wanna switch to SanaeB. She breaks all the UFO related cards.

EDIT: Okay, since ZUN is an idiot I can't access ReimuA's Extra Stage to give you a demonstration. Despite having cleared the game with ReimuA across all difficulties. Can you say glitch?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2012, 04:06:24 PM by Zengeku »

Zil

« Reply #269 on: January 03, 2012, 04:07:34 PM »
I feel like I'm posting too much in thid thread. :derp:

Here's a perfect run of the stage, with no UFOs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WWTbl1RmTkc (I know you said replays aren't helping but some of those spots you mentioned are trivial when approached correctly)

It's got advice and annotations and such, but I'll say some stuff here too:

-At the part with blue orbs on the sides and a fairy in the middle, if you kill the fairy more will appear, and eventually they start dropping UFOs once you kill enough, so you may want to bomb them or something.
Red UFO Invasion - Start each wave off to the side (I think the right side for the first wave, then alternate) and destroy a UFO. Then take said UFO's place and move under Nue. Most of the aimed bullets will go off to the side and you'll have lots of time right under the boss. (And Sanae just nukes this card to hell)
Blue UFO Invasion - One of the harder ones, so a bomb isn't the end of the world. You want to destroy the UFOs that will go underneath you. The ones going up and to the sides can be left alone.
Undefined Darkness - I don't know if you're already doing this, but right before she moves you can go right beside her so she stays at the top of the screen. You should basically be shooting her the entire time. It's hard to describe but I imagine seeing it done would actually help.
Survival second phase - alternate between the same two rows, and shift to other side each time so you don't get hit by the blobs. The bullets that become lasers do static little pattern when they move, the second wave of them being aimed for the gaps in the first.
Snake spell - I don't know what you mean about a color difference, but in case you didn't know, the second group of snakes will aim for the gaps in the first one, so can dodge by just standing where one of the first ones went in that wave. (Kind of a "lightning won't strike the same place twice" thing.)