Author Topic: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)  (Read 220804 times)

TAKE IT CACODEMON!!

• OKAY THEN I'M A LEGAL AIDE
  • AND ERIN BROCKOVICH IS MY NAAAME
Re: "Placeholder Sign [I can't think of a name]" (Spell Card Help Topic IV)
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 07:48:50 PM »
Is there any real way to attack Seiga directly instead of having to blast through Yoshika? Getting the extra kunai off me helps, but it wastes valuable time, and I HATE it when she respawns and reblocks my attacks.
Sonata of Scarlet Sunflowers, a Flandre x Yuuka story. | Laziness of Daemonic Wastrels, wherein The Dude, Frylock, HW Guy, and David Wong get their asses kicked in Gensokyo.  | T.O.U.H.O.U.: Land of Shadows, a S.T.A.L.K.E.R./Touhou crossover. | Abomination, a monster story.

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 08:15:55 PM »
Keep an eye out for where she is and move under her. Its my experience that Yoshika is much less mobile than Seiga is so just go somewhere where Yoshika isn't.
Oh and on the first card you can remove 25% of Seiga's health before it even begins by going behind Yoshika's back. Do be ready to move out of their way when they start attacking though.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2011, 12:27:22 AM »
Is there any real way to attack Seiga directly instead of having to blast through Yoshika? Getting the extra kunai off me helps, but it wastes valuable time, and I HATE it when she respawns and reblocks my attacks.
For the nonspells it's hit and miss for me, cuz I have trouble dodging through the stupid kunai.
When it's possible, I just run to where Seiga is and shoot her as long as possible.

1st spell - yeah, you can stay above Yoshika for a little while. Otherwise, just don't shoot when you are under Yoshika or smthing.
Reimu's homing also tends to hit Yoshika in that card, so don't unfocus thinking you can hit Seiga from the corner lol.
Besides, in lunatic Yoshika spits out some pretty annoying blast of bullets when she respawns, so don't kill her in that card.

2nd spell - I dunno, I always blast through Yoshika and hope for the best.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2011, 03:59:35 AM »
HOW do you do Sanae's first spell on hard mode.  I just tried to capture it (and her 2 star spells, which I screwed up stupidly but will probably get during attempts at that one), and die to it THREE times, shooting the entire time.
Also, is there any way to take the edge off of Tengu's Fall Wind?

« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2011, 08:24:42 AM »
Replay

This video contains a capture. Its really simple compared to the Lunatic version which is also fairly simple. The laser pattern in the background is static while the bullets are aimed for you. On Hard the there aren't that many bullets and they come at you very slowly so you should be able to deal with this card easily if you just memorize a few key positions that you can copy straight out of my replay.

You probably don't want to copy anything else from that replay though since Sanae went like shit. And since that little stunt in the opening part is needlessly risky.

Zil

« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2011, 09:59:57 AM »
Assuming Tengu's Fall Wind is the same thing as Storm Day on Lunatic, I find that moving closer to the corners of the screen makes it a little easier. Just keep moving back under Aya to damage her after you dodge the bullet waves.

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2011, 01:54:23 PM »
The laser pattern in the background is static while the bullets are aimed for you.
You probably don't want to copy anything else from that replay though since Sanae went like shit. And since that little stunt in the opening part is needlessly risky.
Yay, memo cards are AWESOME! </sarcasm>  I have the rest of the stage down, and I know when to bomb to make it easier.  It's just that one spell destroys me..

Assuming Tengu's Fall Wind is the same thing as Storm Day on Lunatic, I find that moving closer to the corners of the screen makes it a little easier. Just keep moving back under Aya to damage her after you dodge the bullet waves.
Or abuse ReimuA's homing shots/MarisaC's frostthrowers.

Thanks for the tips!

EDIT: Got Tengu's Fall Wind in an actual 1cc attempt.

« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2011, 07:47:24 PM »
Yay, memo cards are AWESOME! </sarcasm>  I have the rest of the stage down, and I know when to bomb to make it easier.  It's just that one spell destroys me..
Or abuse ReimuA's homing shots/MarisaC's frostthrowers.

Yeah well, I don't like memo cards either but the hard version is very forgiving with the memorization. The Lunatic version is more tricky though still possible to do by simply reading it. Its a lot easier to just learn a path though. And more consistent as well.

Magepigeon

• Bringing ridiculous back.
« Reply #38 on: October 11, 2011, 03:13:41 AM »
I'm having tons of trouble with Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser. I understand how it works, but I always get trapped because the lasers feel so random. Is there a suggested pattern to go in?
Also, would ReimuA or B be better for extra, overall?
I've been playing off and on since December '10, so I'm a bit behind in skill level, but I'm getting there...

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #39 on: October 11, 2011, 03:37:22 AM »
SakuyaA is best overall for PCB extra IMO.

For the spell, the trick I use is to go below and to the left of Ran (at about a 45 degree angle), then go under her when the lasers are fired, but go as far right as I can.  Then as the next batch is fired I traverse back to the left.  Repeat until explosion.

Alternatively dodge everything near the bottom and go through the laser bases, but this is far riskier and looks less cool.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #40 on: October 11, 2011, 04:20:14 AM »
I'm having tons of trouble with Fox-Tanuki Youkai Laser. I understand how it works, but I always get trapped because the lasers feel so random. Is there a suggested pattern to go in?
Watch how I do it here. Place yourself halfway up the screen and stay under Ran until you hear the first shots fired, then move left or right to follow Ran (remember that you can control which way she goes). You still have plenty of time to react to the lasers when you perform it like this.
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #41 on: October 11, 2011, 03:55:48 PM »
Also, would ReimuA or B be better for extra, overall?

I personally go up to her and move to the left or right when I hear the bursts being fired. She'll follow you and the lasers will always be in a set path so you can slip through the gaps when she fires the next burst. Make sure you're under her when she fires the big bursts or I'm pretty sure the lasers will go weird and diagonal. edit: Or just watch Funen's replay.
My best Extra run was with Reimu B but Reimu A has homing which is useful. I don't recommend Sakuya A because of Princess Tenko.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2011, 09:17:48 PM by Glimmer »

« Reply #42 on: October 11, 2011, 08:34:39 PM »
Is there a way to make Yuugi's last nonspell any easier? Those yellow bullets from the sides eat so many of my bombs it's not funny.

« Reply #43 on: October 11, 2011, 08:53:25 PM »
You didn't post a difficulty so I'll just assume you are a man and are playing at the highest. Okay. The one thing you need to keep in mind here is: Avoid to large movements and stay under Yuugi as much as possible. If you are at full power you can kill the attack very quickly. The blue stuff is aimed at you so simply stream to avoid that and keep a look out for the yellow bullets. Most of the time they don't become a threat when I play the attack but sometimes it does. If nothing else, it shouldn't take you anything more than one bomb to kill it.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=16346

This replay contains a timeout attempt. I messed up at the end but it should demonstrate how to handle the attack since it will be over long before that timer runs out.

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #44 on: October 12, 2011, 02:23:36 AM »
Please help me!
There's this annoying person up ahead in orange, and she has this one attack called "Genetics of the Subconscious?"
No matter how much I shoot her, I always lose by time-out!

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #45 on: October 12, 2011, 03:01:28 AM »
Please help me!
There's this annoying person up ahead in orange, and she has this one attack called "Genetics of the Subconscious?"
No matter how much I shoot her, I always lose by time-out!
Who are you using and are you sure you are using a good path?
I had this trouble for a while, then I figured out paths to let me keep shooting her.
Mainly, for me, when she moves towards you the first time, I stay mid left so that I can shoot her for some time as she moves straight down. The circling around the screen next set of waves is kind of unavoidable for me, but I try to finish it quickly so I can go shoot her.

You can also see this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvzZvFLvMgU

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #46 on: October 12, 2011, 03:17:16 AM »
Needles Reimu, you know, like everyone else.

>paths

What
*watches video*
>"...4th wave, Koishi charges at you"
What

Thanks for the video
I might capture it knowing this :)

« Reply #47 on: October 13, 2011, 12:43:37 AM »
Someone please help me with Yukari's first two cards. .___________.

Curse of Dreams and Reality: I know that there are two ways to do this and I'd like to try the micro-streaming way that works a bit like Ran's version instead of the long streaming that involves more dodging, but both of them screw me up and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I would post a replay but I'm having trouble finding the folder soo.....

Balance of Motion and Silence: I've seen a billion ways to do this card, I've tried all of them and none of them work for me. So either I just suck at this or I'm doing it wrong.

« Reply #48 on: October 13, 2011, 01:42:23 AM »
Balance of Motion and Silence: move all the time in a clockwise fashion, it isn't hard unless you stop moving or get scared
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

I have no name

• Dodge ALL the bullets
« Reply #49 on: October 13, 2011, 02:49:51 AM »
ok, so I applied a bunch of the ultra patches, and have decided to see how far into Double Spoiler I can get.
So, is there any way to do the ultra versions of:
2-4, 2-6
anything from 4

I haven't gotten 3-5 or 3-6 yet because I haven't felt like trying them repeatedly because they're kind of boring.

On the non-patched stuff, how do you do Sanae's last spell on lunatic?  It seems like it should be easy but I can't seem to get it.

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #50 on: October 13, 2011, 04:14:01 AM »
On the non-patched stuff, how do you do Sanae's last spell on lunatic?  It seems like it should be easy but I can't seem to get it.
Don't stare far away from your characters, cuz of the weird angles that the bullets come from.
Basically, you sit in one of the spaces in the rice bullets, and move left/right as the gap kind of shifts to one direction.
When the white large bullets come, you decide which side of it you sit in, and go for it.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #51 on: October 13, 2011, 07:56:27 PM »
Video. It just right left right left, really.

(Please don't use that video as a reference for Guest Stars because that capture was just luck.)
« Last Edit: October 13, 2011, 08:00:13 PM by Nereid »

« Reply #52 on: October 23, 2011, 06:33:21 PM »
Mokou's Card (Forgiveness "Honest Man's Death") I don't usually have trouble with this card but I don't exactly understand it. I know the bullets are fixed onto the player but the laser confuses me. Sometimes it doesn't kill me and sometimes it does. From playing around, I believe the laser doesn't hit you if you move once it crosses you.

« Reply #53 on: October 23, 2011, 06:37:11 PM »
The laser doesn't activate before it reaches the point you are when it spawns. Just move towards it and you'll be fine.

Zil

« Reply #54 on: October 28, 2011, 04:23:17 AM »
So I've timed out every overdrive in TD except the stage two one (the echo demo thing). Honestly, this seems to me like "just sit tight and hope everything misses." (Which worked well enough when going for a capture). Is it really astronomically difficult, or am I missing the trick?

EDIT: While some kind of advice would still be cool, I've managed the time-out already, and I'll never go near that spell again.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 05:42:57 AM by Zil »

« Reply #55 on: November 06, 2011, 12:36:24 PM »
Touhou 6, Cirno's 1st Non spell able to be safespotted on lunatic?

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #56 on: November 06, 2011, 06:06:49 PM »
Yes, cirno shotgun can be safespotted. Just place your hitbox right above cirno's head during conversation.
However, you'll only be able to safespot the first wave because then she moves around and shoot stuff aimed at you.

Zil

« Reply #57 on: November 06, 2011, 06:38:20 PM »
You can dodge that by just moving microscopically anyway, since it's aimed right at you.

« Reply #58 on: November 06, 2011, 07:43:58 PM »
Okay, so I've captured all pre-Stage 10 scenes in Shoot the Bullet bar four of them. I was hoping for some advice on the four I don't have.

Scene 5-5
Scene 6-8
Scene 7-1
Scene 9-2

Thanks in advance.

« Reply #59 on: November 06, 2011, 08:17:15 PM »
9-2 is pretty easy

Start at the right of Kaguya, start charging the camera, and move slowly macrododging the whole bullet group in a U shape around the screen, once you reach the other side, take a picture and repeat from the left.

I have no idea why are you failing 6-8, are you getting killed by the bullets or the slash? Just take a picture after the bullets start spawning and move to the other side, for the last picture just go to the top and start charging and when Youmu goes to slash you just take a picture of her.

7-1 pink knives are always the same i think, just remember where you need to position yourself (i think that it was below Sakuya)

5-5 is just dodging and timing the pictures right i guess
Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot