Author Topic: Genius of Sappheiros revival thread  (Read 193680 times)

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
Re: Genius of Sappheiros revival thread
« Reply #30 on: August 12, 2011, 12:01:16 PM »
Dear god I need to level up. Komachi. 1st turn, coin toss, hits party for 120-150.. party dies except alice. She apparently, does not need to cast power sink or whatever it is before coin toss, she CAN do it without doing such. That was with dark resistance gear on many of my guys. 2nd turn. power sink, then life-whatever on the same turn, nails alice for 260.. she has 150 hp at max. derp derp.

She's pretty vulnerable to debuffs. Max out Byakuren's debuff tree and slaughter her stats. I used the ATK/MATK debuff on Komachi the first turn, and she hit Alice with a Price of Life... for 19 damage. (Oh yeah, since they're dark-elemental, you can weaken them by jacking up light's land effect as well). If you need help getting them to land, use Youmu as commander and use her Half Ghost attack.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #31 on: August 12, 2011, 12:21:51 PM »
Dear god I need to level up. Komachi. 1st turn, coin toss, hits party for 120-150.. party dies except alice. She apparently, does not need to cast power sink or whatever it is before coin toss, she CAN do it without doing such. That was with dark resistance gear on many of my guys. 2nd turn. power sink, then life-whatever on the same turn, nails alice for 260.. she has 150 hp at max. derp derp.
Yeah, Money From Yesterday is basically a party wipe.  Dunno what they were thinking.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
« Reply #32 on: August 12, 2011, 12:32:56 PM »
It never was a party wipe for me, strangely.
I had Reimu spend the first turns using the strongest Spellcards.

You also can give 闇の盾 to Alice and use it to block everyone for no Dark damage.
It's so good it's just like cheating.
Signature

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #33 on: August 12, 2011, 12:58:33 PM »
For the Yuyuko/Youmu fight, there's something else you can do to get past Yuyuko's high M.Def.

Have Byakuren cast Starfire on her.  You won't do much damage, if anything, but if you buff Byakuren's IND (and debuff Yuyuko's IND?  Don't remember if you have access to that debuff at this point in the game, but that's a good idea too if that's possible), you stand a good chance of debuffing Yuyuko's M.Def to abysmal levels.  So much so that Marisa and Patchy can spike her for something in the realm of 600+ damage with their best fire spells if the land is heavily geared towards fire and you cast Patchy's field effect spell that boosts fire damage & lowers water damage.

As for me, started a new game and got past the first two stages.  Kinda funny how I managed to get past the Sakuya & Patchy fight in two rounds.  Wiped Patchy with one round of everyone using the best attacks they had available while Sakuya got dropped on next round of attacking.

Remi & Nitori took nearly a full 3 rounds of attacking.  Wiped Remi so fast she didn't even have time to fire off Red Magic to charm everyone (or close to it).  Nitori basically got creamed afterwards.  Kinda funny to see a Hellfire spike her for like 270 damage or so.

Got Sakuya, Nitori, and Patchy a few levels clearing out stages 1 & 2 a couple times.  Should be able to start stage 3 later today.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #34 on: August 12, 2011, 03:15:59 PM »
She's pretty vulnerable to debuffs. Max out Byakuren's debuff tree and slaughter her stats. I used the ATK/MATK debuff on Komachi the first turn, and she hit Alice with a Price of Life... for 19 damage. (Oh yeah, since they're dark-elemental, you can weaken them by jacking up light's land effect as well). If you need help getting them to land, use Youmu as commander and use her Half Ghost attack.

Yeah, I uhh was trying to debuff her, but she did that on the FIRST TURN, so not much chance there.
I would have tried more attempts but I was pretty sure I needed some levels on Alice at the very least anyway (she's 14, and gets double the experience from trash, which I think is the game's way of saying level up), and I was off the bed. Just wanted to give it 1 quick shot =p.

Jelly Belly

• Magical dessert
  • am i a danmaku now
« Reply #35 on: August 13, 2011, 10:43:11 AM »
For the Yuyuko/Youmu fight, there's something else you can do to get past Yuyuko's high M.Def.
Give Satori your best IND boosting equipment, cast Hyper Trigger (IND Up) with Byakuren on Satori, use Poison Art, enjoy lots of damage.

This is what I did when I faced them (months ago  :V), and I think I got about 500 damage every turn.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #36 on: August 13, 2011, 04:47:05 PM »
I got over 600 I think, but I also had The Green Eyes to boost Satori's poison damage further.

Just having Satori spam Poison Art every battle is also the best strategy for her to deal damage for a significant amount of time, although sometimes you get unlucky and oops nothing :c
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #37 on: August 14, 2011, 11:46:19 AM »
Cleared stage 3 yesterday and got lucky as hell with the Alice fight.  Had Mokou not gotten a Last Word charged when she did so she could revive half my team the next turn, I would have lost the fight

Will try to go through stage 4 today.
"I never cared about justice, and I don't recall ever calling myself a hero..." Zero, Mega Man Zero 4

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #38 on: August 14, 2011, 12:10:54 PM »
What level were you when you beat Alice?

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #39 on: August 14, 2011, 03:34:48 PM »
What level were you when you beat Alice?

Patchy, Sakuya : Lv9
Mokou, Marisa, Byakuren : lv11
Sanae (Commander) : lv7
Formation : Magician's Circle

This fight tends to be the only early one I worry about largely, simply because it's random which formation Alice throws at you initially.  If I get what I got in my first attempt, the triangle formation, then I stand a good chance of things going horribly wrong.  Line attack from the first freaking doll...oh dear, there goes Patchy.  Somehow managed to wipe the formation out without anyone else dying after that.

Next formation was the 5 dolls with shields.  This one I can generally handle without too much hassle...unless they decide to go mob Marisa like they did here and KO her.  Mokou gets charmed too during this time so yeah.

Byakuren falls on the next turn...then Mokou gets a LW after another hit and somehow isn't inflicted with some kind of ugly status effect that makes me not able to select her actions, fires the LW off on her next turn, and from there, I cleaned house pretty good.

Stage 4 bosses I'm not worried about when I reach them.  Okuu just gets wrecked hard before anything goes wrong, then Orin drops soon after because she does nothing super threatening besides reviving KO'd people with 1 HP and controlling them.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #40 on: August 14, 2011, 03:54:43 PM »
Alice isn't hard. Wily Toad 1HKOs attack formation, Season Spear 1HKOs shield, and a combination of Philosopher's Stone, Non-Directional Laser and Mokou's Curse of [name I can't remember to save my life]kills the elemental formation. Once you kill all three, Alice can't summon any more and can't do anything but normal attacks. The whole difficulty of the fight basically comes down to killing the elemental formation.

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #41 on: August 14, 2011, 04:04:50 PM »
Stage 4 bosses I'm not worried about when I reach them.  Okuu just gets wrecked hard before anything goes wrong
Orin has less HP than Utsuho, Orin inflicts some status effects, and Orin will revive Utsuho.

Really, that fight was easy except for Okuu's Giga Flare.  With the way my party was setup only one person was fast enough to act before she could use it...I can't remember if I switched my commander to Sakuya (for the turn advantage) or Mokou for that fight.  Once I dropped her health low enough that she'd use Giga Flare she couldn't handle another round of attacks.
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #42 on: August 14, 2011, 05:06:17 PM »
What I remember about that fight is that after a while, I started spamming Aya's command bomb. Okuu didn't last more than two turns.

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #43 on: August 14, 2011, 05:54:25 PM »
I just bypass the Giga Flare altogether by using Fantasy Heaven and Royal Flare on the same turn. It does like 1500 damage.

theshirn

« Reply #44 on: August 14, 2011, 09:36:49 PM »
[17:38]   <theshim>   YESSSSS
[17:38]   <theshim>   Reisen down
[17:39]   <theshim>   GoS Reisen can die in a fire
[17:39]   <theshim>   ...and of course it crashes immediately thereafter.
[17:39]   <theshim>   ...
[17:39]   <theshim>   brb murderspree

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #45 on: August 14, 2011, 10:00:09 PM »
It's been a while since I actually had some free time, and technically I start college again in 2 weeks...

I remember playing this a lot a while back, and I still have the save states for it, but I just gave up at the massive amount of time and effort needed to farm materials. And without some decent gear, I couldn't take on Tewi and Reisen at the same time. But hey, since eventually I'm going to need to get to level 99 anyway...

I'd asked this question before, but I can't find the old threads.

How the hell do you patch this thing (Including the translation patches)? I don't even remember what version my Sappheiros game is on.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #46 on: August 15, 2011, 02:18:29 PM »
[17:38]   <theshim>   YESSSSS
[17:38]   <theshim>   Reisen down
[17:39]   <theshim>   GoS Reisen can die in a fire
[17:39]   <theshim>   ...and of course it crashes immediately thereafter.
[17:39]   <theshim>   ...
[17:39]   <theshim>   brb murderspree
Poison Shield, Alice in the front, IMO both Sanae and Reimu for heals, Berserk cures, and buffs.

Lunatic Eyes is the only thing that will ever target the back, with a little luck and a little Hourai Doll, and make sure Reimu is at least near-immune to being Berserk'd and has Barriers maxed (Sanae's RES buff helps!).\

You can still handle Tei with Sanae on your Reisen Team. Kappa Camoflauge formation, Byakuren and Satori go on all-out Debuff duty (Maxing their status-lower trees and grabbing IND+gear is important for this), with the exception of Byakuren using Amplifying Scroll on the first turn (and some Hyper Trigger), while both Byakuren and Satori spam their debuffs to HIT. You can debuff defenses if you like, and you might really want to have Byakuren debuff Tewi's IND to stop that annoying sleep that makes you get hit. For attackers, I prefer having Marisa/Satori/Patchouli using one element for Nitori to Chase three times, but that's much less important.

Or maybe you're already doing something similar or already passed it, but someone else could use this I guess :V

How the hell do you patch this thing (Including the translation patches)? I don't even remember what version my Sappheiros game is on.
Well, you basically just download the patches and then run them. There's links to the patches in the poosh thread near the end http://pooshlmer.com/wakaba/res/514199.html and then all you have to do to apply translation patch is copy over it's img.pak and game.pak to the packages folder.

<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

theshirn

« Reply #47 on: August 15, 2011, 08:39:15 PM »
Or maybe you're already doing something similar or already passed it, but someone else could use this I guess :V
I did beat Reisen, and I can do it again fairly simply now that I'm not using the terrible strategy of Freefight, which means that everything Reisen does hits your whole party. :V

It just crashed after I did and I was all D:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #48 on: August 16, 2011, 03:32:44 AM »
I'm in Eintei now but I'm not sure how you switch between groups. I get the impression you can since I've seen a couple situations where stepping on a button does nothing and it pops back up. So I figure both groups camp the button for something, alas, I can't switch groups, help?

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #49 on: August 16, 2011, 04:21:00 AM »
If I remember correctly, you actually need to split up your party from the beginning before you can actually complete the dungeon. If you play like I did, you probably didn't split up your party and just went all the way to the end of one of the paths. It's a viable strategy in itself, but do remember that you'll need to fight a boss with each party at the same time, so there's no chance of using a single good party for both bosses. However, you can use a single party to do both parts of the dungeon.

If you split your party up, you should be able to switch parties by hitting a button on the keyboard, I forgot which though.

As for the button you step on ingame, that's one part of two (you should see another similar button just across from the one you step on, separated by a wall) buttons that must be stepped on at the same time in order to move foward. As you might guess, you must control both parties to get to this pair of buttons to make any further progress in the dungeon.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 04:22:59 AM by Syanas »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #50 on: August 16, 2011, 05:08:13 AM »
You hit "Select" to switch parties, I think.

« Reply #51 on: August 16, 2011, 05:46:59 AM »
Well that was lucky.  After trying basically all I could against Yuyuko/Youmu (alice tanking, sanae buffing, etc) I decided to do something completely random and use byakuren/marisa with mokou as commander.  Somehow I was able to pull out a win against them without any of yuyuko's instant death effects going off (aside from her last one) O_O

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to devote an entire day to grinding.  This is one game I will not feel sorry about overleveling in, after watching chef's playthrough.

Speaking of overleveling, is there really any strategy at all to this game besides "abuse a select few abilities so bosses don't one shot you"?  From watching chef's playthrough I'm going to assume "no", but you can never be too sure.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 05:53:45 AM by Eliirae »

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #52 on: August 16, 2011, 06:10:16 AM »
Yay I beat Alice!!
And I had Byakuren's last word activated before I beat her too! Which meant I got so much EXP after I beat her.
EDIT: Beat Okuu and Orin who were so easy.
Beat them 2nd try but only because I didn't know that Mega Flare was faster than my party. So I just used Aya's Paparzzi ability to give me the first turn the 2nd try.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2011, 07:00:59 AM by J.O.B »

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #53 on: August 16, 2011, 08:22:10 PM »
Stupid question - I've installed Sappheiros Zansyo, but I don't know how to link it to Sappheiros. How to do so?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2011, 11:54:46 PM »
Stupid question - I've installed Sappheiros Zansyo, but I don't know how to link it to Sappheiros. How to do so?
You installed the expansion?

It's just a standalone game. You don't need to link them :3

Pretty sure you can copy over your non-expansion saves and they'll work, too. Make sure it's updated to 2.06 if you'd like to use the english patch.

Anima Zero

• Captain of the Spear
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2011, 01:23:16 AM »
Got a whole bunch done in today's session.  Went from the start of stage 4 to finishing stage 6 just a little while ago.

Stage 4 bosses...jokes as I was predicting.  Royal Flare + Fantasy Heaven alone took off close to 2000 HP from Okuu.  Next attack on her took her down.  This all occured on the first turn BTW.

Orin got whacked by tons of water magic and some light magic and fell on round #2 of the fight with ease.

Stage 5 boss...eh, pushover.  Two rounds into the fight and the boss was down ~95% HP or so.  She switched to water phase, but yeah, only 5% HP or so left doesn't mean you get to pull off your cheapo super heal (which would have been blocked by Sakuya's Killing World if it somehow got that far).

Stage 6 bosses...Byakuren didn't even get a chance to stick a Starfire onto Yuyuko.

Round #1 of the fight...Alice uses Hourai Doll to draw as many attacks as possible, Nitori uses Elemental Shells to enchant her gun with fire, Marisa spikes Youmu in the face with Hellfire, Patchouli uses Hot Spot Vulcan to boost fire damage, and Byakuren uses Hyper Trigger on herself as part 1 of the Starfire strat setup.  Youmu sets up Asura Stance while Yuyu does nothing special worth noting.

Round #2...Marionette Peril to protect Marisa and Patchy, Nitori uses Purgatory Impale, Marisa uses Passion Blaze, Patchy uses Active Elemental to manipulate the land for fire, and Byakuren sticks an Unresist on Yuyuko for part 2 of the Starfire setup.

However...something amusing happened here.  Peril, Active Elemental, Passion Blaze, and Unresist went off first.  Youmu just did a normal attack, Yuyu tried a Curse on Alice which missed.

Nitori fired off Purgatory Impale, scoring a slayer effect on Youmu due to her weapon...and because it was a line attack, it also hit Yuyuko.

The kicker?  It hit them both for close to 2000 damage  :o.  Youmu went down hard and Yuyu lost more than half her HP in that one attack.

Round #3...Nitori fires off her Flame Chaser, Alice uses London Doll on Byakuren to prep for Resurrection Butterfly, Marisa casts Hellfire, Patchy casts Fire Crest, and Byakuren casts Starfire on Yuyu.  Also, I used Mokou's Phoenix Rebirth commander spell to be doubly safe just incase Yuyu got a lucky instant death spell through.

That never happened.  Sure Marisa and Patchy's moves went off first before Starfire, meaning they did no damage...but they did trigger Nitori's chaser, letting her do ~800-850 damage a hit.  The 2nd triggering of her chaser dropped Yuyu...and oh dear apparently Yuyu can't fire off her final attack if she's defeated by a chaser.

I really don't want to know what would have happened if Nitori had a Weapon Bless casted on her  :ohdear:.

EDIT: Okay, I was curious so I decided to pull out a backup save file before the stage 6 bosses, maxed out Byakuren's Support Magic tree, then did the same motions in Round #1 as before, except that Byakuren placed a Weapon Bless on Nitori right away.

Next turn...Nitori launched her Purgatory Impale.  After Hot Spot Vulcan for a Fire Power field effect + Active Elemental to shift the land heavily in fire's favor...

http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/1011/nitorimeltsfaces.jpg

...Christ  :].  Also LOL at Nitori getting Cursed by Yuyuko so Nitori KO'd herself like...what, 15+ times over in the process  :D.

It could go even higher I bet with a formation that boosted physical damage and/or fire effects (Formation used in that pic and my winning attempt before that was Magician's Circle).  4k+ on Yuyuko?  Perhaps so if that happened.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 02:01:32 PM by Anima Zero »

theshirn

« Reply #56 on: August 17, 2011, 02:41:32 AM »
Finally finally FINALLY beat Reisen and Tewi.  Each of them would take turns wiping me.  First Reisen would drop three Lunatic Red Eyes in a row, then Tewi would hit four of my party members with Ancient Duper.  Wash, rinse, rage, repeat.

Stage 10 awaits!

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #57 on: August 17, 2011, 04:55:04 AM »
Bleh, is there a manditory level grind before Eirin/Kaggy? My party is 24-30 I just can't kill em before I'm out of mp, and even then it requires luck. Eirin is perfectly capable of 1-shotting my entire party minus the tank (even when I have defense buffs active) with her starlight shot. I there some way to dispell kaggy's buffs? I've tried dispell permanent, and dispell variety, but the only thing they dispell is any debuffs I've managed to land on them of all things. Fail.

But yeah after many tries, I manage to take Eirin out before she does a starlight arrow + buff, and then it's just kaggy. But she goes down sooo slowww. Even if I refrain from using any light magic on Eirin, and spam dark spells on kaggy, the light meter thing often is high enough that she gets 128-256 health per turn. Plus she often heals herself for 1000. But not only that, but if I SOMEHOW  manage to get her below 30% or so, she'll heal herself back to FULL?! Even *IF* I could get that far with sakuya with killing world (I can't, no matter what I do, I simply cannot do anything but die horribly with sakuya in my party, she can't hit Eirin if her life depends on it, despite wearing a 30 accuracy accessory, so yeah.. wont work. There's nothing I can do to dish out enough damage to bypass kaggy's full heal when she's below 30%. I've tried every character. The best dpsers against kaggy are sakuya (who stinks like hell against eirin), and Marisa (who can't manage to do over 600 per nuke.. make that 200 if kaggy casts her buff that CANT BE EFFING DISPELLED FOR LIKE 10 EFFING TURNS). yeah. What am I missing?

Saber Nero

• 我が奏者よ!
« Reply #58 on: August 17, 2011, 05:31:31 AM »
As far as I can remember, Kaguya's got a couple interesting weaknesses you can exploit. Berserk, Charm, and Control, too I think. After that, you can basically make her do anything you want. You can even make her flee the battle, though I think one of Kaguya's skills are copyable with Satori. Don't quote me on that though.

On another note, I don't remember Alice being quite that hard before. Then again, I was using Sanae in my active party back then. Apparently, she's about the only character you have that can take out Alice's attack dolls. Everything else was doing 0-6 damage.

Heading up to stage 4 now, and I'm going to be grinding the rest of my party in preparations for the inevitable stage 9, ie. Nitori and Alice.

Edit: I still can't get past the retarded game crashes in pretty much every dialogue sequence in the game. Running Sappheiros in compatibility with WIndows 95 isn't helping either.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, 05:38:27 AM by Syanas »

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #59 on: August 17, 2011, 06:01:22 AM »
Edit: I still can't get past the retarded game crashes in pretty much every dialogue sequence in the game. Running Sappheiros in compatibility with WIndows 95 isn't helping either.

Are you using applocale? I have dialog crashes all the time when I'm using it, but as soon as I stop using it the dialogs play fine.