Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments - Twelfth Desire  (Read 206833 times)

Re: Touhou Accomplishments XII
« Reply #120 on: August 11, 2011, 02:22:36 AM »
EXE + dats are enough to run the game, so no. You may distribute a patch, though.

« Reply #121 on: August 11, 2011, 03:22:18 AM »
PCB Ultra Lunatic 1cc. Not like that's saying much as it was a 0/2 with SakuyaB.

« Reply #122 on: August 11, 2011, 06:33:34 AM »
Naut, you are such a buzzkill. :( Well, rules are rules I suppose.

I captured up to 6-2 in StB Ultra. 6-2 however seems a bit on the impossible side with the density it gains on its last phase so I might skip it but not before I'm certain its impossible.

J.O.B

• YOU CAN'T MAKE ME CHANGE
« Reply #123 on: August 11, 2011, 06:37:12 AM »
SOLVED!! This is a Touhou achievement of its own. The .DAT files need 紅魔郷 in front of their names, so that x.dat becomes 紅魔郷x.dat etc.

Please tell me if uploading a .RAR with all the required files to make it run properly (patched .exe, the dats, vsync files) is against site policies - if it's OK, I'll share it to spare others of their trouble.
Even when doing that it still doesn't work for me.

zephyredx

• Car = ma
« Reply #124 on: August 11, 2011, 07:27:28 AM »
Finally, a lunatic 1cc! Of SA - it was a close one. Got down to my last life in Okuu's final spell.
Why is Youmu afraid of Unzan?

Because the things that her sword cannot cut are next to nun!

Lepetit89

• Deranged Collector
« Reply #125 on: August 11, 2011, 07:52:54 AM »
Finally, a lunatic 1cc! Of SA - it was a close one. Got down to my last life in Okuu's final spell.

Good going, congratulations! Certainly takes balls to tackle SA first in Lunatic I think.

« Reply #126 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:02 AM »
Captured everything in StB Ultra level 6 except 6-2 and 6-5. They seem pretty much impossible. At least with my current skill. 6-2 is a Youmu card and her constant time-slowing makes the card drag out only to deal a killing blow after the 2nd or 3rd photo. You need four to win. After having taken 3 shots things become ridiculous.

6-5 is Chen's scene with pellets coming from up and down. The thing is, these are not only dense but also relatively fast. This is dodgable for the first three shots. You need seven. After the third shot, the bullets start coming from the sides. I've been able to take five pictures but that's it. I can't do this one. The rest was fun stuff though.

Even if you can bombspam, SA Lunatic is still one of the harder ones imo. Second only to UFO. Unless you count EoSD which might be harder but that's largely due to iffy hitboxes imo.

Congratulations with SA dude.

« Reply #127 on: August 11, 2011, 09:51:24 AM »
EoSD Extra NDNB ReimuB

Pretty close to 1cc Lunatic too, i need to bomb a little more (and practice Stage 5, because i suck at the pre-midboss Sakuya walls)

Youtube

[07:02] <SeppoMobile> You be a superplayer, I'm a superfaggot

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #128 on: August 11, 2011, 11:45:22 AM »
Beat Remilia Ultra in practice mode with Marisa B.
LOL safespotting Eternal Meek has never been this risk free.
I think that opener can be dodged, but sometimes the small blue bullets won't cooperate.
Young Demon God - wtf
2nd nonspell - easy as ever
Mountain of Thousand Needles - this is also possible and looks way harder than it actually is, but I derped...
I can't dodge 3rd nonspell for some reason
Vampire Illusion - I don't see a huge difference, except the walls are denser, when they happen.
4th nonspell - I fail the easiest streaming  :colonveeplusalpha:
Scarlet Meister - I think it's the same. I've never capped it anyways
Scarlet Gensokyo - the first wave tend to make walls with few openings that gets clogged by bubbles from second wave.

« Reply #129 on: August 11, 2011, 06:19:35 PM »
Bury in Lake capture. Hard mode.

....I wish I was good enough for Ultra D: I wish there were more videos of it on YouTube.

« Reply #130 on: August 11, 2011, 06:40:45 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GzCh39ask1Y

Video of all scenes in StB Ultra Level 4.

Also. Having reached level 7 and already given up on two scenes I think I enter the realm of the less plausible cards. My plan is to play against all of them for a while to see if they are something I can do or not and then record what I can. Level 5 coming up soon.

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #131 on: August 11, 2011, 06:47:32 PM »
We are all doing Ultra Scarlet Gensokyo the wrong way.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oGAjtr8Cujw

wailofthebanshee

• Go away for a bit.
« Reply #132 on: August 11, 2011, 09:46:17 PM »
Captured Saigyouji Flawless Nirvana with both Reimu/Yukari and Marisa/Alice.
Though I'm sure you people wouldn't consider anything less than timing it out an accomplishment. That's a bit out of my reach.

Oh, and also captured the hard versions of Yuyuko's last two cards a few days ago. MarisaA.

« Reply #133 on: August 11, 2011, 09:56:03 PM »
Oh, you don't just need to time it out. You also need to be unfocused the entire time and play as Youmu. If you can't even do that much then you are a disgrace to the Touhou community!  >:D... ehe... I couldn't survive more than 2 or 3 waves like that I'm sure.  ;)

No, seriously. If you put effort into doing something and suceed at it then that's an accomplishment in itself.

Derp. Yes. We need to use tool assistance.

« Reply #134 on: August 11, 2011, 10:48:48 PM »
I just no-deathed Youmu on Normal.

I am very proud of this. Although I probably would have no-deathed the stage too if I hadn't died the second her midboss card ended. Still got the capture though. Somehow.

ark

• みょん
« Reply #135 on: August 11, 2011, 11:18:09 PM »

« Reply #136 on: August 12, 2011, 09:23:26 AM »
EoSD Lunatic 1cc

(I wanted to get my first 1cc before 10D release and i managed to pull it off, too bad this run sucked but oh well, at least i cleared the game)
Youtube

« Reply #137 on: August 12, 2011, 10:02:53 AM »
Most people's intial 1cc's sucks. All of mine does. That your first Lunatic 1cc? Congratulations with that man. The rest up to SA and UFO should fall easily to you. :)

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #138 on: August 12, 2011, 01:19:49 PM »
SA lunatic Ultra 1cc.

This was... surprisingly more doable than I though. First try even.
Barely dodged anything but whatever.

EDIT:
BTW Aizo, you still got the replay of that MoF Ultra run where you only needed two more bombs? I'd love to see that.  :D
« Last Edit: August 12, 2011, 02:14:27 PM by Jaimers »

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #139 on: August 12, 2011, 02:28:13 PM »
Derp. Yes. We need to use tool assistance.
loooool
That version seems pretty impossible imo.
This version is at least doable, but I can't seem to capture any spell (even though I might get close to).
I'm still looking to see a way of doing the first spell, and also Scarlet Wall-sokyo

« Reply #140 on: August 12, 2011, 02:51:46 PM »
loooool
That version seems pretty impossible imo.
That was actually what I had in mind when I first saw this Ultra thing... I was slightly disappointed, but these are still fun so...

« Reply #141 on: August 12, 2011, 08:19:50 PM »
If your run is tool assisted, what does it do? Like, how does it make the bullets easier to dodge?

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2011, 08:53:58 PM »
Yay! I got up to Koishi's Embers of Love this time! \o/
I think I'm starting to get the hang of Danmaku Paranoia, Miracle Fruit, and all of Koishi's rice-bullet nonspells. [in Ultra]

Nitorisa is soooo broken in the Ultra patch. Deathbombing + breaking borders is the best, especially with Koishi's oval-bullet nonspells which literally create undodgeable walls.

« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2011, 08:55:38 PM »
If your run is tool assisted, what does it do? Like, how does it make the bullets easier to dodge?

You lower the FPS and you dodge things in an easier way
Youtube

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2011, 10:01:56 PM »
Decided to give phantasm another good run. It wasn't that great TBH but for the first time, I did capture Double Death Butterfly, without the use of border glitch. I feel accomplished. :derp:
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

mikeKOSA

« Reply #145 on: August 13, 2011, 12:37:33 AM »
BTW Aizo, you still got the replay of that MoF Ultra run where you only needed two more bombs? I'd love to see that.  :D

Sorry, I didn't save the replay. Though I have another run where I reached VoWG with 3 lives but I screwed it up.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #146 on: August 13, 2011, 11:58:02 AM »
Finished PCB Phantasm again, this time almost effortlessly AND with about 150m over my previous best. (now 618m)

I feel good about myself now :V

EDIT: Cleared PCB Hard with MarisaA, broke 570m, remaining resources 1/1 (obligatory Youmu screwups)

Obviously a good Touhou week has to coincide with exam week riiiiiiiiiight
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 12:33:59 PM by Evans in Blunderland »

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #147 on: August 13, 2011, 02:01:27 PM »
TD Perfect stage 5 boss lunatic.

She's no Shou that's for sure.
Also got really close twice to a perfect stage 4.

EDIT:
Timeout of that one card of Yuyuko's that got really crazy if you timed it out.

EDIT2:
Perfect stage 4 lunatic.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2011, 03:16:22 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #148 on: August 13, 2011, 04:18:22 PM »
Jaimers. That hurts my soul. We are not supposed to do this so easily. I've had a horrible framerate due to inconsistencies with my laptop, as in sometimes Stage 3 works at 60 FPS and other times we are talking fucking 40. Urgh.

Because of this a lot stage portions or just sections with a lot of bullets doesn't run smoothly and I haven't been able to do much at all. I've seen Lunatic though and there isn't much there that worries me.

« Reply #149 on: August 13, 2011, 04:39:39 PM »
10D Extra clear. Pretty easy I think, but goddamn what's going on with that boss?
"First of all, for those who've cleared the game, please try playing for more points." - ZUN