Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II  (Read 256965 times)

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« on: July 04, 2009, 07:58:06 PM »
Since threads are supposed to lock at 1000 posts (read: A mod will likely lock the last one soon), I'll just make the next one. Post your Touhou accomplishments here.

Link to the last one:

http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=10.0
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Re: Touhou Accomplishments Mk. II
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 08:07:21 PM »
First reply, whee.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3779

Brilliant Dragon Bullet timeout.  I got this thanks to a small amount of favorable chance, i.e. I got unfathomably lucky several times and will probably never pull it off again.  I just love this card though.  It's really hard, but fun once you practice the pattern a bit.

Edit:  http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3780

...Damn.  I'm on a roll today.  Maybe I should give Scarlet Gensokyo another try...
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 09:31:09 PM by Azinth »

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2009, 10:53:22 PM »
Since I was out, I didn't have time to theorize:
New request: Yumemi's Shinki-esque wall spam during her boss attack.
Going to try today. I do believe you want to know the best method of dealing with the pattern when (boss) Yumemi is close to the bottom of the screen when doing this? There's also only one attack that I can think of that fits your description.

PoDD game theory! I do believe I found a way to guarantee an auto-hit on the AI. Even at Lunatic. Testing...

...and videos are up. Of special note are Stage 3, and maybe Stage 6. I almost make it through (almost, but really, nowhere near finishing) the circles of doom in Stage 5. Still one bomb is better than two bombs or one bomb and one death. And I couldn't perfect the Stage 4 mid-bosses; forgot about when they appeared.

All videos contain High-Quality. Use that extension to enable. Though, I seriously don't notice anything different between the two when viewing my videos.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2009, 11:20:05 PM »
PoDD game theory! I do believe I found a way to guarantee an auto-hit on the AI. Even at Lunatic. Testing...

WUT.

Please be real please be real please be real.

And yeah, I mean when she fires the attack like Shinki's opener, except more BS.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2009, 12:18:23 AM »
Just beat EoSD on easy for the first time.

Only PCB to go :)

Also yesterday i got to Kanako on Normal mode on MoF
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2009, 12:34:27 AM »
And yeah, I mean when she fires the attack like Shinki's opener, except more BS.
In short:

You would need ridiculous control over your character to survive it without being hit.

The best solution is to prevent the (Yumemi) Boss Attack from using it. Methods of prevention include countering by point score, or using a Level 4 Spell Attack to counter.

The auto-hit I've formulated is too conditional to be used. It requires a certain number of bullets and fireballs to appear on the screen, as well as the AI not charging an attack, as well as having certain Stage Enemies appearing at a certain moment. And with that many conditions, it's impractical to use it.

In short, it's sending a "Fireball Swarm" when the Stage Enemies cross the screen horizontally, so that the AI will use their normal shots to attempt to take out the enemies, completely ignoring (tested, they do ignore it) the Fireballs. This causes the guaranteed hit because their AI is locked into trying to detonate the Stage enemies, and does not stop this until the Stage Enemies are off the screen. From experience, it should be quite obvious what happens when you don't use a Level 1 Attack against a "Fireball Swarm".

Regardless, another (near-)guaranteed auto-hit would be Yumemi's Crosses. Particularly during Boss Attack. For some reason, the AI just cannot deal with them. The AI will more often than not run into the Crosses, or points where the Crosses are about to materialize. AI used was Match Mode's, which I think is sufficient enough.

And after I eat breakfast (which is a bit late I think), I'll start on PoDD Lunatic with Yumemi, and see what happens.

First (Match Mode) Mirror Yumemi Match lasted just under 2 minutes. Second one lasted about 4. Quite short if you ask me.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

nintendonut888

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2009, 12:51:26 AM »
Hmm. Yumemi didn't seem to serve me that well when I used her. Maybe it's the fact that She's the fastest character in the game in a game where you can't focus. The two characters I've gotten the farthest with are Reimu (stage 9) and Kana (stage 8 ).
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 02:50:07 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2009, 03:59:53 AM »
EoSD on Normal, this time with default lives. ReimuA. Finished 0/1.

I'm finally done with this. I started attempting this like 5 months ago. I think I hadn't even cleared IN Easy at the time.

I got better from playing the other games. I never died with bombs in stock, though I died very stupidly quite a few times anyway. I hadn't played this game for some time though, so I failed stuff I usually found easy, but now that I can bomb it doesn't matter.

I still have no idea how to do Red Magic though.
"My friends are coming for Poker tonight. We will require Koolaid."

Nuclear Fusion

• Powered by fury
  • I AM ALWAYS ANGRY
« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2009, 04:03:38 AM »
Holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap.

I DID IT! EoSD Lunatic, Defualt lives cleared! Done with Reimu A!

Went into stage 6 with 5/0, left with 2/2. This confirms my theory that I needed two full lives and no more to clear Remelia. I am uploading the replay for this, just so people can watch the replay of stage 4. That was ridiculous there.

Also, notable captures include Thousand Needle Mountain and Vampire Illusion. It didn't wall me, which was incredibly lucky.

YES! FINALLY! Now on to the next one!

Edit: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3782 I need to figure out how to change that so it looks cool instead of just being an obvious link.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2009, 04:09:32 AM by Nuclear Fusion »
If anybody has a good anger quote, let me know and it'll be the new sig

Drake

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2009, 04:08:25 AM »
Stay underneath Remilia at all times. Other than that, predict how to dodge the bubbles and generally don't die.

There's not much to it. Be shooting, be praying.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

saiyoucho

• *Ahem*.. Mukyu!
    • Touhou Sweden
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2009, 04:25:07 AM »
I ran a pretty fun match in SWR on Lunatic vs cpu a few days ago. =P
Reimu vs Marisa, and I still wonder how I pulled off some of those things.

http://moonsoul.net/wp/touhou/replays/swr/%5b090702%5dSai%5bLunatic%5d_reimu_marisa.rep

I also made it to Kanako on my first try yesterday at MoF.
That was pretty unexpected, since I wasn't really planning on trying to beat the game.

http://moonsoul.net/wp/touhou/replays/mof/%5b090704%5dSai_ReimuB_Stage6_Boss_th10_02.rpy
Take me to your library, give me your spellbooks.

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2009, 12:16:09 PM »
Holy crap holy crap holy crap holy crap.

I DID IT! EoSD Lunatic, Defualt lives cleared! Done with Reimu A!

Went into stage 6 with 5/0, left with 2/2. This confirms my theory that I needed two full lives and no more to clear Remelia. I am uploading the replay for this, just so people can watch the replay of stage 4. That was ridiculous there.

Also, notable captures include Thousand Needle Mountain and Vampire Illusion. It didn't wall me, which was incredibly lucky.

YES! FINALLY! Now on to the next one!

Edit: http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3782 I need to figure out how to change that so it looks cool instead of just being an obvious link.

Big congrats, dude! Working towards that myself... haven't gotten to stage six with more than two lives yet, though. >.<
Let's fight.

Drake

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2009, 04:29:02 PM »
I need to figure out how to change that so it looks cool instead of just being an obvious link.
Code: [Select]
[url=http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3782]I need to figure out how to change that so it looks cool instead of just being an obvious link.[/url]I need to figure out how to change that so it looks cool instead of just being an obvious link.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

stargroup

• Insufferable Faggot
  • Telling a mod to basically fuck off... GOOD IDEA!
« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2009, 07:34:05 PM »
haha Mk. II

I'm trying to 100% FFV right now, and this is my second playthrough.

also check this out MoF Perfect Stage 2 Lunatic True Pacifist

I would post a replay but it de-synced. if anyone wants it let me know and I'll just do it again

nintendonut888

« Reply #14 on: July 06, 2009, 02:02:59 AM »
Ah ha...AH HA... AH HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAAHAHAAHASHDFASLKDFJASKDFJADSKLFCJASDKFLJADSKLFJASDKLFJKLFJASDKLFYEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

I've finally done it...I BEAT REMILIA ON LUNATIC WITHOUT DYING!!! :D My four bombs were used on Eternal Meek, Thousand Needle Mountain (orz), Vampire illusion, and Scarlet Meister (I've worked out how to beat Scarlet Meister on one bomb pretty consistently with Marisa A). I could have sworn I was dead when I entered Scarlet Gensokyo with no bombs (since I had entered it with a bomb before this run and failed still), but I captured it! The scarlet devil is dead! At long last!

...Oh yeah, and I perfected China just before this, but it's completely overshadowed by this. Isn't it sad China? ;_; That run was less spectacular anyway as I died twice on the stage due to idiot mistakes.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 05:31:38 AM by nintendonut888 »

« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 02:21:18 AM »
I am confused.  If you beat the stage without dying and passed the 40m mark, shouldn't you have 5 extra lives instead of 4?  Maybe I'm remembering incorrectly.  But regardless, awesome job!  Someday I'll capture goddamn Scarlet Gensokyo...someday...  :'(

nintendonut888

« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 02:30:43 AM »
Since it's the final level, the game doesn't give you extra lives from points gained after the boss' defeat. If you look at my score and my end bonus, you'll see my score was about 35 million upon Remliia's defeat.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2009, 02:33:17 AM »
er... I feel so bad posting this now... :p

i finished PoFV on easy on my first try. that's gotta be the easiest game on easy mode eh?

now i'm only missing PCB on easy... but i can't beat Youmu yet so it might take a while... I hope not.
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2009, 02:36:46 AM »
Since it's the final level, the game doesn't give you extra lives from points gained after the boss' defeat. If you look at my score and my end bonus, you'll see my score was about 35 million upon Remliia's defeat.

Ah.  I see.:-[  I've never actually gotten to the point where I hit a life-gaining score after beating her, since I usually end up just timing out Scarlet Gensokyo until I gameover.  It makes sense though.  Sorry if I sounded like I was doubting you, the picture just looked kinda off.

Krimmydoodle

• We must apply more SCIENCE!
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2009, 02:43:02 AM »
Donut's reminding me to clean up some things that have been overdue.  While I'm far from beating Remi with four bombs, I've finally nailed my first Meister cap.  Going for Gensokyo now.  Fuck it.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 03:06:13 AM by Krim »
Whether you're on Easy or you're a Lunatic, be damn proud of your accomplishments.  Don't let anyone convince you otherwise, for it's when you lose faith in your own achievements that those victories become defeats.

nintendonut888

« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2009, 04:28:52 AM »
Remember: If you can beat Scarlet Meister without ending it with a bomb, any damage you deal to Remilia before she activates the spell card is free damage on her. I don't think I've ever captured Scarlet Gensokyo without this (though I'm sure I still would have by now if it didn't exist).

EDIT:

There~ Perfect EoSD stage 3 lunatic.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 05:56:43 AM by nintendonut888 »

nintendonut888

« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2009, 08:13:59 AM »
Mah apologies for teh double post, but TADA!

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=3786

EoSD extra no bombs clear. Just to see the look on Sodium's face.

[K]KoaMeow

• Pudding!
  • kyaaaaaaaaa~
    • M3 BM Fan Translation
« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2009, 11:45:45 AM »
IN Hard with Yukari Solo and MoF Normal with MarisaB.

God. That was freaking awesome.

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2009, 01:05:12 PM »
which reminds me... what game has the easiest Hard mode?
I know IN has the easiest easy and I think MoF has the easiest Normal mode..
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2009, 06:29:37 PM »
Greatest accomplishment- No deaths phantasm run, Reimu-B. I would actually be able to do this consistently if I didn't refuse to use the safe spot in BoLaD or mess up during the begining. I was having such a good run, I decided that I might as well try to go for a no deaths run, and by the time Yukari did her final spellcard, I had 3 bombs and I wussed out, bombing on both the 3rd and 4th waves. If I captured her last spell, then I would have broken a billion.

Nuclear Fusion