Author Topic: Fan animation from China: Hifuu Club Activity Record  (Read 140790 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Re: Fan animation from China: Hifuu Club Activity Record
« Reply #120 on: February 20, 2015, 03:18:25 PM »
/neutral_hat on

Speaking of Eirin's intelligence, in IN's spell card comment for "Omoikane's Brain" (a reference to SMT itself), ZUN joked that someone who flagrantly shows off her brain isn't the smartest. (The smartest one is of course Yuyuko.)

More explanation: a Japanese idiom says "a capable eagle does not bare its talons". ZUN modified this idiom using a pun where both "capability" and "brain" are pronounced nou in IN: "a brainy WHO does not bare its WHAT", or something along these lines. The same idiom was also quoted by Remilia erroneously IIRC in EoSD.

/neutral_hat off

Re: "Mary Sue" and what not, it's not a spoiler that the youkai didn't win this war.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 04:34:06 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

cuc

« Reply #121 on: February 21, 2015, 01:37:59 AM »
LET'S derailing!

The idiom is 能ある鷹は爪を隠す "a capable eagle hides its talons". The joke hinges on that both 能 "capability, competency" and 脳 "brain" are pronounced nou.

In EoSD Marisa's route:
Remilia: A capable eagle does not hide its tail...
Marisa: ...you sure seem like you got no brains.
Remilia: Only the humans.
Remilia: Only they need a simplistic, chemical faculty of thinking, such as the brain.

Here Remilia, as foreigners are wont to do in comedies, mixed up the eagle idiom with another idiom, 頭隠して尻隠さず "(the pheasant) hides its head without hiding its tail", i.e. one only manages to conceal part of their weaknesses/mistakes, yet thinks they've hidden away everything. Remilia was bragging she is powerful, and does not need to hide her strength (the reverse of the eagle idiom's meaning), and Marisa played the straight man: did you say you have brains? No, you don't.

The joke is repeated in the Lunatic comment for "Omoikane Brain":
I think exposing one's brain is proof of one's incompetency.
A brainy WHO hides its WHAT, as they say.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 05:44:47 AM by cuc »

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
  • "So all I have to do is 'kyuu', and..."
    • flan.moe
« Reply #122 on: February 21, 2015, 01:58:31 PM »
Re: "Mary Sue" and what not, it's not a spoiler that the youkai didn't win this war.
Well, sure it isn't - save for those who haven't read into the lore or heard much about it, I suppose - but I think it's Yorihime who states in Silent Sinner in Blue that the reason the youkai didn't succeed is because Eirin set up a trap to catch someone who'd attempt to invade the moon.
As stated by others, Eirin isn't exactly "just smart", she's the genius of the Moon and most probably Omoikane (Is that actually confirmed? I'm not entirely sure...)

That's mostly why I personally got this feeling of "I hope they won't be Mary Sues", when I read that one of their OCs "rivals Eirin" in terms of intelligence.
That said, if the OC is brought up well, doesn't overshine actual characters and serves its purpose then it's good. This is just an initial feeling that I hope won't be confirmed.

« Reply #123 on: February 21, 2015, 03:32:21 PM »
As stated by others, Eirin isn't exactly "just smart", she's the genius of the Moon and most probably Omoikane (Is that actually confirmed? I'm not entirely sure...)

I don't think ZUN's ever outright said it, but the hints are obvious enough. She has those Omoikane spellcards, Yagokoro-Omoikane-no-mikoto is one of Omoikane's names, and ZUN calls her one of "the highest, noblest gods" in the SoPM interview.

« Reply #124 on: February 21, 2015, 11:35:41 PM »
but I think it's Yorihime who states in Silent Sinner in Blue that the reason the youkai didn't succeed is because Eirin set up a trap to catch someone who'd attempt to invade the moon.

I thought the reason youkai didn't succeed was unrelated to Eirin's trap. I am pretty sure it was a failure from the beginning, unrelated to the trap.
The thing that the trap did was prevent at least one youkai from escaping punishment, which was Yukari.

« Reply #125 on: February 22, 2015, 04:31:38 AM »
3 months later and I still haven't gotten over how beautiful alive Yuyuko is...

« Reply #126 on: February 22, 2015, 07:43:11 AM »
I myself am expecting these OCs to be villains and to get some sort of comeuppance during the story, which would not be very Mary-Sue-ish at all.  Of course, that's just a gut feeling of mine.  My bigger worry is that having OCs means they'll need to flesh out the Lunarian society in general, not just the Lunar War, which could greatly expand the scope of the story to something so big that it'd require an anime of its own (as opposed to just a 20+ minute episode or two).

Just like their character designs being biting off more than they can chew with animating it, they might be biting off more than they can chew with the scope of the story now that the scope's being expanded to include Lunarian politics.

I don't think ZUN's ever outright said it, but the hints are obvious enough. She has those Omoikane spellcards, Yagokoro-Omoikane-no-mikoto is one of Omoikane's names, and ZUN calls her one of "the highest, noblest gods" in the SoPM interview.

Also, maybe relevant, but as stated in Silent Sinner in Blue, "Eirin" isn't her real first name (but Yagokoro is still her real surname).

I thought the reason youkai didn't succeed was unrelated to Eirin's trap. I am pretty sure it was a failure from the beginning, unrelated to the trap.
The thing that the trap did was prevent at least one youkai from escaping punishment, which was Yukari.

Eirin's trap was set after the first Lunar War in case Yukari ever came back.  This is stated in Silent Sinner in Blue, IIRC.  The way the trap was set required it being set centuries in advance (by altering the rotation of the moon slightly so that centuries later, the way to get into it was offset by a day which would totally screw with whoever was trying to enter, that way. This is stated in both CiLR and SSiB, IIRC)

General indications are the youkai simply got their butts kicked.  Yorihime just refers to Yukari as "troublesome" while reminiscing about the war to Reimu in CiLR, Akyuu said they had no chance against the Moon's weaponry, and Yukari tells Ran in CiLR that they can never win because the Lunarians possess such technology and "unyielding stamina and abilities that far outmatch youkai" (possibly a piece of evidence that Yukari started the first Lunar War knowing they'd lose).

The poster might be confused because there is evidence that the trap was used twice.  In addition to the present day time that Yukari tripped it at the end of SSiB, Yukari implies Ran in CiLR that it hit another time as well when an "anonymous youkai" (that was probably Yukari herself) came to the moon just to look around and play.  Far as I can tell, given that Yukari tells Ran this story before the conclusion of SSiB, yet Yorohime seems to think that SSiB is the first time the trap is sprung, an explanation for Yukari's story (if her story actually happened, though the narrative implies it did thanks to Yukari's suspiciously specific denial about it) would require a time paradox or time-travelling shenanigans.  (or possibly Yukari sharing Maribel's memories in some sort of parallel-ity shenanigans thing)

Granted, my memory is a bit hazy (it's been years...)
« Last Edit: February 22, 2015, 08:26:38 AM by Tiamat »

7TC7

• In best company
« Reply #127 on: February 22, 2015, 08:18:49 PM »
I myself am expecting these OCs to be villains and to get some sort of comeuppance during the story, which would not be very Mary-Sue-ish at all.  Of course, that's just a gut feeling of mine.  My bigger worry is that having OCs means they'll need to flesh out the Lunarian society in general, not just the Lunar War, which could greatly expand the scope of the story to something so big that it'd require an anime of its own (as opposed to just a 20+ minute episode or two).

They do have an accompanying manga for it, so I guess they realized themselves that the story was too much for just one episode.
< picture leads to my YouTube channel

« Reply #128 on: February 22, 2015, 11:46:30 PM »
Oh right, I forgot about the accompanying manga.  Hmm... yea, that would make it more manageable.

« Reply #129 on: February 23, 2015, 11:31:41 PM »
http://cv.kyotofantasytroupe.net/ja/

They started a survey to know which seiyuu will fit each character, not exactly mean that they will really be voiced in the anime but at least it means they are thinking to have it voiced

I just want Ohara Sayaka to voice Yuyuko and Imai Asami to voice Renko

« Reply #130 on: February 24, 2015, 12:38:11 PM »
http://cv.kyotofantasytroupe.net/ja/

They started a survey to know which seiyuu will fit each character, not exactly mean that they will really be voiced in the anime but at least it means they are thinking to have it voiced

I just want Ohara Sayaka to voice Yuyuko and Imai Asami to voice Renko

And Kikuko Inoue as Yukari Yakumo, reason : Sayaka Ohara have worked with Kikuo Inoue for some time so that they may compatible to each other.

And besides the two of them :

Eirin = Atsuko Tanaka
Mokou = Maaya Sakamoto
Kaguya = Mamiko Noto
Reisen = Shizuka Ito

The other matchable VA if these characters are getting animated :

Shikieki = Romi Paku
Komachi = Kaya Matsutani
Rinnosuke = Hiroshi Kamiya or Tomokazu Sugita
Cirno = Miyuki Sawashiro
Sanae = Kana Hanazawa
Kanako = Aya Hisakawa
Youmu = Ryōko Shiraishi or Ryo Hirohashi
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 12:54:48 PM by Damien »

Drake

« Reply #131 on: February 24, 2015, 01:01:12 PM »
Mokou = Maaya Sakamoto
Kaguya = Mamiko Noto
Rinnosuke = Hiroshi Kamiya
Cirno = Miyuki Sawashiro
Sanae = Kana Hanazawa
Kanako = Aya Hisakawa
Youmu = Ryōko Shiraishi
you basically have all of modern anime right there

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #132 on: February 24, 2015, 02:24:37 PM »
Cirno = Miyuki Sawashiro

What a waste of Sawashiro...

« Reply #133 on: February 24, 2015, 06:37:54 PM »
Does it has to be professional Seiyuu?
Hire those people who do the M-1 Grandprix Manzai. Some of them were brilliant.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #134 on: February 25, 2015, 01:37:57 AM »
Yukari Tamura and Mayumi Yamaguchi for 'Machi and Eiki respectively or bust.

Also yeah Cirno is kind of a waste for Sawashiro.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #135 on: February 25, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »
Aya Hirano for Marisa pls

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2015, 11:06:31 AM »
I frankly don't care who voices what, I just don't want Reisen (or any other character, really...) to have the stupid moe voices they had in Summer Day's Dream.

Also thank you Tiamat for the corrections about the Lunar War, Eirin's trap etc.

cuc

« Reply #137 on: February 25, 2015, 03:36:41 PM »
The survey has an English version now.
http://cv.kyotofantasytroupe.net/en/
« Last Edit: February 25, 2015, 03:42:22 PM by cuc »

cuc

« Reply #138 on: April 15, 2015, 05:24:33 AM »
April 1st update was more character sheets for Merry and Renko.
http://kyotofantasytroupe.net/archives/348

Today's update is a trailer, containing the full opening, with some animation corrections.
http://kyotofantasytroupe.net/archives/358

Oh right, the Episode 1 comic will be titled "Recollections of the Moon".
« Last Edit: April 15, 2015, 05:59:06 AM by cuc »

« Reply #139 on: April 15, 2015, 06:36:49 AM »
April 1st update was more character sheets for Merry and Renko.
http://kyotofantasytroupe.net/archives/348

Today's update is a trailer, containing the full opening, with some animation corrections.
http://kyotofantasytroupe.net/archives/358

Oh right, the Episode 1 comic will be titled "Recollections of the Moon".
Oh, finally a sneak peek of the comic. Things I noticed:
So, is that bearded, Oda Nobunaga looking guy Tsukuyomi?
Is Toyohime talking about Urashima Tarou?

Also interested how far they put in the story board. Will check again later.
Thanks for the updates as always, cuc

« Reply #140 on: June 14, 2015, 06:16:04 PM »
I'm sorry for up, but is there any news about this project?

« Reply #141 on: June 14, 2015, 11:39:39 PM »
I'm sorry for up, but is there any news about this project?

They release manga about kaguya past on moon.
I am already have it

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #142 on: September 06, 2015, 08:30:22 PM »
Dunno if this counts as an update but they recently posted this on their twitter https://twitter.com/fantasytroupe/status/640557039828099073

Reu

• Ambitious Youkai
« Reply #143 on: September 07, 2015, 05:52:07 AM »
I'm a little late on this but yeah this seems interesting, and on the topic of Eirin's rival in this story I don't quite see the issue with it.
Rivals are made to be beaten in most fictional stories, she can still be the genius and continuously outsmart the prince,  they can have the intelligence but how they apply it can be different,
being a genius isn't only based on how smart you are.

Kinda like the rivalry between Sima Yi and Zhuge Liang, both very smart people but they did things differently and only one came out on top.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 06:25:38 AM by Reu »
Sometimes Streams at Hitbox.tv/Reu

Doki-Doki

• Oki-Dokie!
  • Ooh, scary, scary!
« Reply #144 on: October 12, 2015, 08:36:58 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nE3IWOXqWyU Sweet goodness they've teased the first episode, is it reasonable to presume the first ep should be out by winterket? Loving the animation quality.

StainGlass

• Not the only one
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2015, 09:47:40 AM »
Wow nice! The animation quality has exceeded my expectations so far. Very much looking forward to more!

« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2016, 10:33:52 AM »
So... what you guys thought about the newest Hifuu Club Activity Record ep coming out?
Was it like how you were expecting it to be?

How do you contrast it with the others animation like fantasy kaleidoscope and summer dream work?

Flandre5carlet

• Sister of the Devil
    • flan.moe
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2016, 01:48:16 PM »
I haven't watched it yet, except skipping through real quick to check out the art and animation. It looks really good, and the animation is very smooth. Beyond that I haven't watched it as I don't speak Japanese, and besides, supposed members of the circle are asking the YouTube uploader to take it down because they have yet to reach their budget for episode 2 and this jeopardizes sales. I would buy it myself, but I'm very short on cash.
Edit: The upload is on private now.

How do you contrast it with the others animation like fantasy kaleidoscope and summer dream work?
I have yet to actually watch it properly and I'd already put it miles ahead of either work. To me, Summer's Day Dream is little more than nonsensical fanon and moe fanservice, in every aspect of the series: voices, art, events, personalities, etc; and while Fantasy Kaleidoscope is a lot better in terms of art and animation, the fights are very lacking in substence and it also suffers a lot from blatant service like an unrelated hot springs scene taking up half the screen time, etc.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2016, 02:30:04 PM by Flandre5carlet »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #148 on: January 15, 2016, 08:10:09 PM »
I haven't heard any news or developments on this lately, but I'd just like to know where I could purchase the discs?  If they're having trouble making the budget for episode 2, I'd like to help them out.  But also, is there any news on whether there are english subs on the discs or if they plan on making any at some point?

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #149 on: January 16, 2016, 08:54:01 AM »
Somebody asked me to post here for him since he still cannot register...

Okay, since your ReCaptcha system is broken, meaning that you can't either search or register, I'm forced to use this dodgy solution to contribute to that thread. I hope at least helvetica can come back soon to sort that out.

I personally bought it from Melonbooks with help of a proxy (Buy Nippon). My copy should arrive on Monday. From that, I'll decide if I post or not the episode in low resolution or only the first minutes of it. I want to ask the circle first about this (they seem to be English speakers too).

I fear it didn't have the recognition or exposure it deserves. Also, there's a total lack of information on their part, meaning that only people who have it in hands know what it looks like.

Before I can actually register and post a more detailed review (once I'll have the disc in hands and watch it), here are all the buying options I listed:

Melonbooks: https://www.melonbooks.co.jp/detail/detail.php?product_id=148826

Toranoana: http://www.toranoana.jp/mailorder/article/04/0030/37/37/040030373777.html

Buyee: http://buyee.jp/item/yahoo/shopping/akhb_2100000060184/category/

Otaku Republic: https://otakurepublic.com/product/doujin_software/touhou_project/product_page_1210103.html

The first two are Japanese stores that don't ship overseas, so you'll have to use a proxy like Noppin or Buy Nippon (or any other of your choice).

The second two can ship overseas but I don't know much about them. Otaku Republic is pretty expansive so watch out for possible custom fees!! Buyee almost work as proxy by itself but has has very low service fees compared to other ones (this has to be checked).

To finish, here's an ASS file for Korean subs. Just in case, it can help for an English translation: http://teamhourai.tistory.com/308

Regards, hoping you can sort your ReCaptcha problems.