Author Topic: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E  (Read 285814 times)

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
    • Danmaku!! Official Site
Re: Games You're Playing Right Now Thread VI - Even in this thread, F O E
« Reply #420 on: January 30, 2016, 05:37:50 PM »
I'm playing Evoland 2, which my wife got me for my birthday.

http://www.evoland2.com/

First it was Zelda, then Chrono Trigger, then Professor Layton, then Touhou, and now it's Street Fighter and I am having a really hard time.

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #421 on: January 30, 2016, 07:42:58 PM »
One look and I need that game like...yesterday.
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #422 on: January 30, 2016, 07:57:33 PM »
One look and I need that game like...yesterday.

qft
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #423 on: January 31, 2016, 06:24:00 AM »
Unless I'm in the second act of three it seems to be a 20 hour game.  I haven't binged a game in ages, I'm tired but feel... Good.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #424 on: February 03, 2016, 10:15:24 AM »
So, uh... P4AU is free on PS+, as is the current version of Helldivers; GRID for some reason, even though the second game was PS+ much earlier. Gravity Rush Remastered is a thing that just came out yesterday, as was Megadimension Neptunia VII (got the LE on the way), and that Nitroplus fighting game.

Also Ring Battles in ACInf; they're so fun, when everyone's actually not dying all the bloody time and leaving me alone to try to get rings.

Also also, if for whatever reason you don't have either the PS3 or PC versions of Valkyria Chronicles, they're porting it over to PS4. For Trophy hunters, the list is literally just all of the commendations (aka the achievement list on Steam).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 10:19:03 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Jq1790

« Reply #425 on: February 03, 2016, 08:24:45 PM »
Beat Neptunia Re;Birth 1.  Miiight have been a little cheap with what I did, whoops. 

Normal Ending get, now to experiment and see if my guess for how to get the True End is what I think it is.  Then of course there's all the DLC Colosseum fights to do, so that should be interesting to see how long it takes me to get through all that.

EDIT:  Oh right, True Ending achieved, it wasn't what I thought but what it WAS makes sense thematically so it's fine.  Anyway, I am doing something really silly and just beating up DENGEKI bears to level up to try to fight other things with just Neptune, Nepgear, and Compa.  This can't POSSIBLY be a bad idea!  = D

(I have died.  A lot.  Not to the bears, mind you, but to other stuff.  I will continue to do so til I break and at least get Iffy again most likely.)
« Last Edit: February 05, 2016, 03:53:50 AM by Jq1790 »

Moogs Parfait

• SPRING
  • Plz Send Naps
« Reply #426 on: February 05, 2016, 04:05:21 AM »
I finished Evoland 2 and I can't recommend it enough.  I like a variety of challenge and it brought it in spades.  They didn't half-ass the alt game modes either.  It is a 20 hour game for $20 USD.

Note: Because I'm a scrub I had to lower the difficulty for the final boss ;_;

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #427 on: February 10, 2016, 06:49:33 PM »
Huh. I just noticed there's a Touhou fangame on PS4. Quite a surprise.

Anyway, more The Witness. Blasted Challenge room.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #428 on: February 12, 2016, 01:17:29 AM »
I've been playing Shoot Shoot Nitori: The Golden a lot this week. I didn't even realize it was out for a while and it took me forever to figure out how to pay for it, but I've got it now. It's really good. Like the first one but a little more refined and with a ton of playable characters. I think there are a bunch of mechanics I don't understand because the game seems a little text-heavy for a shmup, but for whatever reason these games don't seem that popular so translation might be unlikely. Definitely recommended if you like the first one though, the extra characters alone make it worth the reasonable price tag.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #429 on: February 12, 2016, 02:21:37 AM »
Haven't had much options lately, since i've finished Valkyria Chronicles, the Ace Attorney Series, and my PC is hindered by 32-bit Windows, i'm currently only playing Touhou EoSD and PCB, Fire Emblem Rekka no Ken and Sacred Stones, starting up the Professor Layton Series, Bloodborne, a neat little PSP game called Gods Eater Burst, and simple stuff like League, i'm looking for a new Turn-Based Strategy Game, trying to order Table Top Sim and get mah hands on XCOM 2 for which i adopted the nickname "The Nue x Tewi Prank War" (Not made by me, just adopted).

Your Everyday NEET

• Part time Researcher & Let's Player, full time NEET, also an eel
« Reply #430 on: February 12, 2016, 07:02:37 AM »
I've been playing Shoot Shoot Nitori: The Golden a lot this week. I didn't even realize it was out for a while and it took me forever to figure out how to pay for it, but I've got it now. It's really good. Like the first one but a little more refined and with a ton of playable characters. I think there are a bunch of mechanics I don't understand because the game seems a little text-heavy for a shmup, but for whatever reason these games don't seem that popular so translation might be unlikely. Definitely recommended if you like the first one though, the extra characters alone make it worth the reasonable price tag.
I did try to list the playable character and what they do in its forum.
The mechanics is simple, you shoot enemy, you collect items and treasures, you beat bosses and minibosses, gaining score is a little complicated. The best way to gain high score is to throw stuff. You can immobilize enemies and erase bullets by throwing things, what's more, you'll get a multiplier depending on the enemy if you kill them while they're immobilized. On the other hand, you'll risk getting shot down with no item. So, you'll need to find the best place and time to throw.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #431 on: February 12, 2016, 09:32:33 AM »
I thought scoring seemed a little screwey, I keel getting only a nominly positive score due to tones of massive penalties. That sirt of makes sense, I guess. Is X still the only way to throw things? Actually nevermind, if you wrote about it somewhere I'll just go read it there. Thanks.

I did figure out in my last run that C does something now, in that it's now used to receive itens you bought in the store. I don't know if there's any more to that mechanic, but that's something.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #432 on: February 14, 2016, 09:30:12 AM »
So I did something absurdly silly and tried taking down the superboss down the well in Escha and Logy. At level 60, with no optimized equipment whatsoever.

Longest hours of my life. Thank the gods I managed to net 1/2 MP Cost and MP Cost Cut on Treasure Grimoires, or it would have literally been impossible.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #433 on: February 15, 2016, 06:15:19 PM »
I remember getting into a stalemate with the final boss of Digital Devil Saga because, while my party couldn't defeat them with the skills they had equipped, neither could the boss. I fought that boss for two or three hours before giving up, resetting, and rearranging skills. Easiest boss after that.

« Reply #434 on: February 16, 2016, 01:45:38 AM »
I've been working on getting the achievements for Super Meat Boy (Steam version). After quite a bit of effort, I've managed all except for Impossible Boy.

I've managed to make it to 13/20 levels cleared before a death on my best attempt. It's not so much a matter of if it'll happen at this point, but when it'll happen since I have decent strats for most of the levels, and for 7-16x where I don't there's always the exit to map trick if I end up where I'll fall(not that it does any good for the saws).
« Last Edit: February 16, 2016, 01:51:49 AM by Chaotic Phoenixma »

Jq1790

« Reply #435 on: February 16, 2016, 02:17:47 AM »
Reminding myself how much I suck at Tales games, finally continuing Tales of Graces F and was getting bodied by this boss that splits into like seven enemies later in the fight.  Eventuallywon but it took several tries.  Fun times though.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #436 on: February 17, 2016, 07:24:57 AM »
So there's a Piston Naval Team Deathmatch going on now, with planes from some thing called Sky Kid up for grabs.

Holy fuck it's so easy to rack up massive amounts of kills if you're playing defensively. I've had 14:1 K:D ratios in some rooms.

Move eternally forward,

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #437 on: February 17, 2016, 09:20:48 PM »
After playing grauitous amounts of Space Station 13 until I hate myself ive been trying to find ways to avoid playing it.

So far ive been trying to pick up DS games to fill the void. Got Bowser's Inside Story and Golden Sun: Dark Dawn, and recently beat the main story of Etrian Odyssey. Hope to get more EO games soon as well.
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #438 on: February 18, 2016, 01:23:27 AM »
Still spending way too much playing Dungeon Fighter Online and DotA 2, but I have picked up some other stuff.

Been playing Heroes of the Storm recently. It's nice as a change of pace from DotA, I guess.
I've also been using Diablo III as a break from Dungeon Fighter Online. Even I sometimes I get sick of grinding on an MMO and making very little progress, that's when I switch to D3 to grind in an instance and make very little progress. It's different, I swear!
Slowly going through Fairy Fencer F. The gameplay is about as bland as the other Compile Heart games and the characters seem fairly one dimensional. Why do I enjoy games like this?
Started up XCOM2, though I'll probably wait until I finish Fairy Fencer F to really get into it. All I know is that I killed a lot of my people in the first mission, so that was fun.

Once I'm done with Fairy Fencer F and XCOM2, I'll probably work on finishing FFXIII. I mean, I'm pretty far into the game I just need to sit down and finish it at some point. I'm still struggling to come up with reasons for why Hope exists.
Also looking forward to the international release of Monster Hunter Cross Ultimate. I'll probably pick up the inevitable Monster Hunter themed 3DS bundle when this drops just so that I can play it.

Other than that, progress on my backlog of VNs has slowed since I have too many things to play.

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #439 on: February 20, 2016, 10:33:49 PM »
Just started a game of Pokemon White 2 for the first time in a year. The nostalgia is getting to me.
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

notverycreative

• The coldest chill,
  • in the emptiness of reason.
« Reply #440 on: February 22, 2016, 06:12:45 PM »
I got Project X Zone 2 and Resident Evil: Revelations 2 last Thursday (the 18th). Haven't put as much time into either as I'd like. My friend doesn't have REvelations 2 so no multiplayer funtimes until he does, and also we both need to beat the game first, anyway. Got a new phone at the beginning of the month, Samsung Galaxy Note5. Got $25 Googleplaybux for my birthday so I bought the remake of FF4TAY and a couple of cheap Kemco RPGs.
I need an option, a reason, and some hope.

CF7

• Can you feel the LOVE tonight?
« Reply #441 on: February 26, 2016, 12:35:25 PM »
Spoiler:
"Mrgrgr!"
is back, and by that i mean that i just bought and currenly playing Bravely Second. Still in the Prologue, but
Spoiler:
return of Edea
was glorious.
Sometimes rumors are just... rumors

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #442 on: March 10, 2016, 08:58:35 AM »
I'm actually really freakin' annoyed by the fact that my desktop can't play Rabi-Ribi at normal speed with pretty much anything else running in the background. (Also, I'm moving in probably the most awkward ways through the game world.)

Deathsmiles comes out on PC tomorrow, get hype?

And Senran Kagura: Estival Versus comes out next week. Moar boobs for the boob goddess.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #443 on: March 11, 2016, 12:41:49 AM »
I finally got my hands on Etrian Odyssey Untold 2 and I am absolutely loving it so far. It feels tougher than the first Untold and the classes seem to be pretty balanced as far as I can tell. I'm playing classic mode on expert difficulty with a party of protector/highlander/dark hunter/sovereign/gunner and it's working really well so far.
Extra stages cleared : EoSD, PCB, PCB Phantasm, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC

« Reply #444 on: March 14, 2016, 02:32:46 AM »
been trying to finish getting 100% on Tobari and the Night of the Curious Moon. I have every achievement for it except the one for clearing Vs. Desunoya.

I've gone through the final level at least 6 times on different sessions, then end up going through a lot of lives on the boss before quitting because losing constantly for a few hours gets annoying. This bonus boss is completely ridiculous. There's so much potential bad RNG to deal with in the fight whether with the summons during the final phase(Asukas that end up off screen are horrible), the boss using attacks that are pretty much undodgeable or unblockable if you're too close to her or during that one part where you have to use the speed ability to make a jump since you can't switch from Speed after using it unless it runs out or you get hit.

I've only survived long enough to destroy the evil staff roll once, which is really long enough to win the fight if the boss actually stays where you can hit her enough as well as not using certain attacks too much. I almost made it to the second shop in the boss area a second time, jumped down to it then hit something losing the last hit for that life(wonder if I would have won if I had been able to buy a health refill)

I figure if I keep trying occasionally, I'll eventually manage it.

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #445 on: March 14, 2016, 03:08:25 PM »
100 hours into MGS5 and I'm still having a ball. Yes, things have settled into a familiar pattern, but there's still plenty to do. Learning how to farm for materials has proven to be lucrative and repeating old missions with new ways to approach things is fun. I also have about 400 vacancies at Mother Base and the FOBs that will take me a few weeks to fill. Not thrilled that the plot can take a backseat for hours on end with no advancement but that's mostly because I'd never thought I'd say that about an MGS game.

Although I'm playing FE: Fates. It's an FE game and you sorta know what to expect and I like it. There's just too many crazy internet opinions about this game flying around. Enjoy these things for their merits and critique their shortcomings. Don't have some ridiculous grievance make or break things. I'm completing all 3 routes sooner or later.

Dark Souls 3 and Bravely Second are both coming out in the month. I won't be done with either of these games by then. Only the strongest shall survive!

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #446 on: March 16, 2016, 07:18:14 AM »
Ryouna is unusually somber at the beginning of Estival Versus (for good reason), which is so very strange. Then it very quickly moves to her being silly and requiring Ryoubi to casually smack her on the butt a few times. Freakin' Ryouna.

Also picked up Deemo: The Last Recital, but I now have no clue how to get more songs available, since I've already cleared all the songs I could reach (and that one in the treasure chest) on Normal with at least 70% accuracy. (EDIT: Aw, flux me, most of it is DLC for China regions?!)

Also, Illusion Alius III is a cheating little bunny. If she stunlocks you, you're basically dead. Lilith's probably worse, though, since she has that one attack that is guaranteed to not only drop you to 1 health, but make you unable to recover at all. Also, Nixie. Ugh. Probably shouldn't have let her steep this long.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 08:03:53 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #447 on: March 16, 2016, 04:42:14 PM »
Welp here we go all over again...

I didn't like the other one with the dakimakura, 'cause I'm not into those, but I did like the one with the figs, but sadly, it got sold out fast.

Anyways, I chose this over Trillion God's LE this month. So I don't have any money to spare right now, since I'm waiting for whenever they announce a Persona 5 or Star Ocean 5 LE(I already skipped out on Trails of Cold Steel...but I'm regretting it), but if anyone's wanting to buy the Trillion God's LE, it's still up for pre-orders.

http://www.iffysonlinestore.com/trillion-god-of-destruction-limited-edition/

Thank God Idea Factory didn't do a Blanc + Zombie LE, or I would've been broke this month, 'cause I definitely can't resist the urge to buy both.

I'm also glad that out of all the publishers, Marvelous produces more stocks of LE/CEs more than other JP-localized company, so they don't run out as fast as others like NIS or IF.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:49:19 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #448 on: March 17, 2016, 08:51:31 AM »
The thing about Marvy seems to be that their special edition is their basic edition.

Also, they had a daki in some of those?

Move eternally forward,

Zerviscos

• Infinite Bread Chewing Powers! Activate!
  • Om nom nom nom nom nom*
« Reply #449 on: March 17, 2016, 12:01:34 PM »
The thing about Marvy seems to be that their special edition is their basic edition.
I'm still seeing Shinovi Versus Let's Get Physical copies on-shelves and Corpse Party ones too. The one that ran out fast was the Trails of Cold Steel(It's XSEED but they're still Marvelous), but it's still in some places, but it's somewhat uncommon compared to the others.

I also like how Marvelous(along with their subsidiaries like XSEED) makes most of their games console/platform exclusive like Soul Sacrifice, Senran Kagura, etc. Idea Factory on the other hand, while I like their CEs and LEs, are practically "lying" about having an exclusive, when it's actually timed, and will most likely port to the PC via Steam, which probably started happening frequently ever since the Neptunia Re;birth series. While I'm not directly complaining, I'm just a bit saddened about the so-called "exclusives" and even porting spin-off games which I actually expected atleast those will be exclusive, eg. HD Noire.

Thankfully, Gust's Atelier series is also untouched for now. But Tales is slowly going there. I'm not really against it(I'd still like to have a bit of exclusives though), what I'm afraid is that digital will completely take over physical media and that's a nightmare for collectors like me.
Also, they had a daki in some of those?
The EU ver has them, so I assume the NA also has it.

http://estivalversus.com/projects/estival-versus-pre-order/

« Last Edit: March 17, 2016, 12:05:28 PM by [En]glish Muffin »

Twitter | Steam | Battle.net[Zerviscos#1833]