Author Topic: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2  (Read 57805 times)

Re: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2
« Reply #990 on: January 17, 2012, 06:29:17 PM »
Did we know he was married?
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #991 on: January 17, 2012, 06:50:11 PM »
Did we know he was married?

>You did not.

« Reply #992 on: January 17, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
"His wife? I don't think I've heard of her."
*blink*
« Last Edit: January 17, 2012, 07:57:41 PM by nolrai2 »
I have...a terrible need...shall I say the word?...of religion. Then I go out at night and paint the stars.

« Reply #993 on: January 17, 2012, 08:06:56 PM »
"His wife? I don't think I've heard of her."
*blink*

>She shrugs. "Never met her myself, just heard bits and pieces here and there. I know she works at the store occasionally, but I think she's more the 'books' type than the 'customer service' type. You might see her in there, but I doubt it."

« Reply #994 on: January 17, 2012, 10:12:52 PM »
"Makes sense. Well I'm going in."
We do have a description of the locket memorized, right?

« Reply #995 on: January 17, 2012, 10:38:32 PM »
"Makes sense. Well I'm going in."
We do have a description of the locket memorized, right?

>She nods. "Think I'll pop back to Dai's back there. No sense hangin' round out here."
>You do. And you also have one of Chen's fliers on hand, as well, in the event you need one.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #996 on: January 18, 2012, 02:31:43 AM »
>"Wish me luck!"
>Head inside.

« Reply #997 on: January 18, 2012, 08:54:47 AM »
>"Wish me luck!"
>Head inside.

>The Eagle gives you a thumbs up and a "Bonne chance." as you open the door, finding the inner door made of wood, with the knob in the middle of the door and a small window at eye level. A small bell tingles as you open this inner door, very classic sound, and the scene before you of the store's interior would best be described as 'organized chaos'.
>There are four steps leading up to the floor of the store. It's smaller on the inside than you'd thought. But then, that impression may be due to the insane volume of stuff contained therein. The left side of the store, which you're currently on, is dominated by the counter, which runs nearly as far back as you can see, and is covered by:
>Card holders
>4 Snowglobes
>3 Small boxes, two of cardboard, one wood
>Cash register of course
>Display cases containing dice of various shapes and material, music CDs, cassette tapes, a selection of musical instruments, old model video games
>1 medieval style helmet with spikes on it
>Several loose pens, pencils and highligheters
>The rest of the counter is concealed behind a sizable marble bust of a dashing male figure in a toga.

>The right side of the store is, well, very, very full of merchandise. And will be explained in subsequent posts, because I didn't want to make this one insanely long
>You can make out a flight of stairs towards the back of the store, leading up to the second floor. There is an ajar door off to the side, in front of the stairs, with a sign that you think says "employees only". The sound of boiling liquid comes from behind that door.
>The owner himself does not appear to be in evidence. There is a woman with very long, blue-white hair on her hands and knees next to a bookcase on the right wall. You think she's reaching for something, but not at a good angle to see anything other than the backside of her dark blue dress.
>A masculine voice drifts out from the back as the door swings shut behind you. "Welcome to Kourin-dou! I'll be with you in a minute!"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #998 on: January 18, 2012, 09:29:02 AM »
>"Alright!"
>What's on the left side of the store?

« Reply #999 on: January 18, 2012, 10:34:05 AM »
>"Alright!"
>What's on the left side of the store?

>The majority of the left side is taken up by the counter, which you are standing 'below', as in next to the left wall.
>Behind the counter contains:
>3 small fridges, one with various beverage cans, one with various beverage bottles, glass and plastic, and one containing various types of snack food.
>1 medium-sized jewelry case
>Several pieces of artwork, both framed and wall scrolls
>License of operation, signed Rinnosuke Morichika, owner
>Liquor license, signed Rinnosuke Morichika, owner
>2 closed wood cabinets, 1 closed black wood cabinet
>1 set of handcuffs hanging on the front of the black wood cabinet
>2 chairs
>1 teacup with tea in it, 3 empty teacups
>1 locked weapon case containing 1 broadsword, 2 knives, 1 composite bow, 1 mace, 1 halberd, 1 spear, 1 oversized paper fan
>1 Life-sized Eagle model, wings outspread, hanging from the ceiling.
>Small shelf lined with books
>You cannot see the entirety of what lies behind the counter, as a  very large object covered by a tarp blocks your view. it has the vague outline of a statue, possibly humanoid, but you can't discern any distinct shapes under the cloth.

>The sound of bubbling liquid intensifies, and a sweet smell begins to emanate from the back room. You hear the male voice say something like "interesting." The woman on all fours sniffs the air, and asks out loud in your direction, "You smell that?" You recognize the voice as Keine-sensei's. No wonder that backside looked familiar.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #1000 on: January 18, 2012, 10:52:51 AM »
>"I do."
>Try to get an idea what that tarped object is, without touching it.
>Then take a run at Keine and connect our foot with that bootie like a bullet train hitting a cow. It's time for her to take up astronomy!
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 12:47:04 PM by King of Purvis »

« Reply #1001 on: January 19, 2012, 10:00:44 PM »
>Then take a run at Keine and connect our foot with that bootie like a bullet train hitting a cow. It's time for her to take up astronomy!

>"A fine piece of ass like that, and your instinct is to go for a field goal?" Kaguya mutters disappointedly as she shanks you with a sharpened Wii remote. "And I thought we taught you kids better than that."