Author Topic: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2  (Read 59100 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2
« Reply #570 on: November 21, 2011, 06:37:16 AM »
>"It's a long story, and you probably wouldn't believe it anyways. Let's just say it involves magic items. It is the one I have that would protect me and enable me to protect you. And no, you can't use one; they are, as I understand it, usable only by the ones they're attuned to, and I don't have one that's attuned to you."
>"Also, I would ask that you not repeat any of what I've said to you to anyone else."

>Not this yet. Again, no need to tell more than necessary, and possibly get her ensnared. No one needs that.

« Reply #571 on: November 21, 2011, 06:44:49 AM »
>"Going into details would be...difficult, shall we say?"

>The Eagle throws her head back and laughs. "So even the Morning Star has secrets." She levels a gaze of curiousity at you. "Now I'm even more interested." She cups her chin in her hand. "Someone in town that's a threat even to the Manari themselves...." She takes a few moments, evidently to consider the possibilities. "Old man Unzan hasn't flipped out and lost it altogether, has he? That'd be a scary thought."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #572 on: November 21, 2011, 07:04:12 AM »
>"I don't think any of us would be safe, if that were the case. Now, as i recall, you said you would be willing for an extra fee. What would that be?"

« Reply #573 on: November 21, 2011, 07:17:16 AM »
>"I don't think any of us would be safe, if that were the case. Now, as i recall, you said you would be willing for an extra fee. What would that be?"

>"Le's not get ahead of ourselves here. You presented me an offer that went as follows: 'Go ahead and search your own way, and if you find the ring just lying somewhere or anything like that, then that's great. But I think someone else-I don't know who-may be after it, so if it's in someone else's posession, don't try to get it back. Instead, come to me immediately. Is that acceptable?'"
>"Now, I myself find that a perfectly acceptable arrangement. I'dve hoped yer own idea would satisfy you, as well. If it ain't, well... You're askin' me to violate my ethics, my standards and my code of business. For a threat that I don't believe is near as bad to me as it would be to, say, you. Think about that before you insist."

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #574 on: November 21, 2011, 07:42:46 AM »
I'm thinking just taking what we can get without getting her feathers in a mess is best for us guys.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #575 on: November 21, 2011, 07:46:52 AM »
Yeah, that's what I'm trying to do. As it stands, we have an enemy that can strike largely out of nowhere. If it's involved, just turning her loose would be terribly irresponsible, regardless of any agreement to turn back.

>"Because I'd rather do that than see you hurt for the sake of pride, on either of our parts. I offered that compromise as a last resort, frankly I would rather pay more to assure your safety, whatever the odds may be. I hope you understand this isn't a thing I'm saying lightly. Whether professional ethics or personal pride, I cannot let you take the risk so lightly. And, I hope you understand at this point that if I could say more, at this point, I would. It's entirely possible I'm fretting over nothing, but I would not want to leave it to chance. It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust what I fear if it's involved."

« Reply #576 on: November 21, 2011, 09:47:04 AM »
>"Because I'd rather do that than see you hurt for the sake of pride, on either of our parts. I offered that compromise as a last resort, frankly I would rather pay more to assure your safety, whatever the odds may be. I hope you understand this isn't a thing I'm saying lightly. Whether professional ethics or personal pride, I cannot let you take the risk so lightly. And, I hope you understand at this point that if I could say more, at this point, I would. It's entirely possible I'm fretting over nothing, but I would not want to leave it to chance. It's not that I don't trust you, it's that I don't trust what I fear if it's involved."

>The Eagle waits until you finish outlining your point of view. Her expression is one of.... you're not sure what it is. When she speaks, nearly every trace of her accent is gone. "You only know me through reputation, and we both know my reputation's not very good. And yet, for the sake of someone else you barely know, you're willing to take on a danger that you think even the Manari can't handle, all for the sake of someone like me?"

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #577 on: November 21, 2011, 03:01:12 PM »
>"I am."

« Reply #578 on: November 22, 2011, 03:03:55 AM »
>"I am."

>A sound something like halfway between a snort and chuckle escapes the Eagle's lips. She shakes her head slowly, a small, mocking grin on her face. Weirdly, you're not certain which one of you she mocks. "You can't possibly be that good a person. Nobody is in this world."
>"Byakuren is!" Lily's voice unexpectedly rings from behind you. Turning your head, you see her standing at the bottom of the stairs of the shack, with Chie standing in the doorway. "She'd go to the ends of the earth for anyone, even someone worse than you!" Chie nods her her enthusiastically in asent.
>The Eagle chuckles again, but there's little humor in it. "She ain't just sayin' that. She really means it. And she says it like someone that'd know." She spins her flute a couple times, then clutches it suddenly. "Gimme a minute to think about this. The last time I had a first job that came with me, it didn't end well for her. For all our sakes, I'd hate to have that happen again."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #579 on: November 22, 2011, 03:18:35 AM »
>Let her think.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #580 on: November 22, 2011, 03:29:26 AM »
>Nod to Lily. "Thanks for vouching for me. ...You weren't listening in, were you?"

« Reply #581 on: November 22, 2011, 03:47:56 AM »
>Let her think.
>Nod to Lily. "Thanks for vouching for me. ...You weren't listening in, were you?"

>As you give the Eagle a moment, you inquire how much of that conversation Lily heard. "We weren't listening. Not... on purpose, anyway."
>She manages to look a little sheepish. Chie, however, looks rather downcast. Even her ears droop a little. "Chie sorry. She has very good ears."

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #582 on: November 22, 2011, 03:56:57 AM »
>"It's okay. Don't worry about it."
>Wait for the Eagle's response.

« Reply #583 on: November 22, 2011, 04:19:21 AM »
>"It's okay. Don't worry about it."
>Wait for the Eagle's response.

>Chie's expression brightens as you reassure her.
>After a long few minutes, the Eagle looks up. "Fine."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #584 on: November 22, 2011, 04:52:50 AM »
>"Thank you. You have my word that I won't repeat anything about it to anyone."

« Reply #585 on: November 22, 2011, 05:04:27 AM »
>"Thank you. You have my word that I won't repeat anything about it to anyone."

>"And it's still gonna cost ya."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #586 on: November 22, 2011, 05:26:18 AM »
>"Of course."

« Reply #587 on: November 22, 2011, 05:31:34 AM »
>"Of course."

>"First, wherever we go, you follow my lead. May get a little out of your element here, princess."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #588 on: November 22, 2011, 05:35:03 AM »
>"I will do my best."

« Reply #589 on: November 22, 2011, 06:02:37 AM »
>"I will do my best."

>She nods. "Second, there's gonna be some cash involved, but how much depends on how much work we're looking at. We get lucky and find the thing on a curb, y'ain't gonna owe me an awful lot, obviously."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #590 on: November 22, 2011, 06:19:53 AM »
>How're we doing for money?

« Reply #591 on: November 22, 2011, 06:30:47 AM »
>How're we doing for money?

>Better than a lot of folks would guess. Although you only have 56 bucks and change on you at the moment, currently, you have $8,547 in your bank acount. In large part, this is courtesy of Aya and her modeling jobs she's given you. Needless to say, she pays very well, and offers favorable contracts to her employees. She, like Koakuma, takes good care of her employees.
>You don't generally make a big deal of your net worth.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #592 on: November 22, 2011, 06:52:20 AM »
"That should be acceptable, but if it becomes necessary for me to intervene for your safety, I'd like it waived."

« Reply #593 on: November 22, 2011, 07:06:06 AM »
"That should be acceptable, but if it becomes necessary for me to intervene for your safety, I'd like it waived."

>The Eagle's face twitches slightly. "Accepted, on the grounds that I decide when I need your help, not you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #594 on: November 22, 2011, 07:38:40 AM »
>"I cannot accept that, but I'm willing to be reasonable on debating what can be considered such after the fact. I assure you that I won't just try to duck the bill."

« Reply #595 on: November 22, 2011, 08:03:46 AM »
>"I cannot accept that, but I'm willing to be reasonable on debating what can be considered such after the fact. I assure you that I won't just try to duck the bill."

>She offers you a small grin. "That much, I was willing to grant you anyway. Alright, I'll concede that point. Hopefully won't be an issue anyway."
>"Third, a question. And this is actually more in the league of a curiousity, but we'll consider it a form of payment, just to satisfy my mercantile instincts."

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #596 on: November 22, 2011, 08:33:09 AM »
>Don't like the sound of this.
>"Yes?"
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #597 on: November 22, 2011, 08:38:03 AM »
>Don't like the sound of this.
>"Yes?"

>Despite your misgivings, you accept this third thing. In response, the Eagle points her flute casually at your chest.
>"Why's your pocket glowing?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #598 on: November 22, 2011, 09:05:58 AM »
>Ah crap, what pocket is that?

« Reply #599 on: November 22, 2011, 09:12:34 AM »
>Ah crap, what pocket is that?

>The one she's pointing at seems to be the one you've been carrying that engagement ring-turned-youkai-turned-engagement ring in. Despite the pocket flap being closed, upon inspection, there does appear to be a faint gold light coming from your pocket.