Author Topic: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2  (Read 59109 times)

Re: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2
« Reply #150 on: September 14, 2011, 03:35:11 AM »
>"Hm, I see. I might consider it, if the schedule remains fairly clear."

>"Now that's what I like to hear!" Aya crows, shifting gears as the road opens up. The shrine of the metal tiger lies just outside of town, and there's only a handful of buildings out the way, now that you've left the city proper. Means Aya can let this 562 horsepower beauty open up a little. Despite the chill in the air, the wind in your hair feels very nice, and the sound of the wind ruffling Aya's feathers is oddly soothing, squelched though it may be by the sound of that V8 revving. Aya produces a pair of sunglasses from somewhere and dons them, before offering you another pair.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #151 on: September 14, 2011, 03:48:20 AM »
>Might as well accept them.

« Reply #152 on: September 14, 2011, 03:57:44 AM »
>Might as well accept them.

>Indeed. You might like the feel of sunshine on your shoulder, but it's getting bright out here. You accept Aya's glasses and don them as she speaks again. "I'll be honest, Byakuren. Of all the jobs I've got now, this gig with Remilia's something special. I've never actually done anything with weddings before, but I've wanted to try for years. She's not the easiest woman in the world to work with, and I'm sure there'll be all kinds of complications I haven't had on any other assignments, but I'm really looking forward to this. And I know the girls are too, at least the ones I've talked to about it. I mean, what girl doesn't dream of wearing a wedding dress one day?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #153 on: September 14, 2011, 04:12:17 AM »
>"I can see why. Will it just be catalogue work, or will you be photographing actual weddings as well?"

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #154 on: September 14, 2011, 04:15:02 AM »
>"And what part of this wedding thing would involve me?"
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #155 on: September 14, 2011, 04:31:36 AM »
>"I can see why. Will it just be catalogue work, or will you be photographing actual weddings as well?"
>"And what part of this wedding thing would involve me?"

>Aya's mouth contorts in a gesture you've come to recognize as thought. "Catalogue work, some promotional flyers, information pamphlets, posters for her office and ads around town, billboards... Basically, everything outside of television and radio. And newspapers, at least the local ones. As for actual weddings, about the best I could get out of Remilia during negociations was 'One thing at a time, tengu.' Like I said, not the easiest woman to work with, but her money's good, and I wasn't about to let this chance get away from me. I can stomach a little arrogance for an opportunity like this."
>"As for you yourself..." She glances over at you after coming out of a turn. "I'm actually not 100% certain yet. I mean, of all the scenes I can imagine, I'd be hard pressed to think of one that wouldn't fit you, but I wanted to see where you stood on the idea of doing the shoot at all, before I let my imagination fly away on me."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #156 on: September 14, 2011, 04:39:10 AM »
>"I'll consider it. It depends on what things are like in the near future bring."

« Reply #157 on: September 14, 2011, 05:50:45 AM »
>"I'll consider it. It depends on what things are like in the near future bring."

>"Works for me." Aya says as she pulls out to pass the bus heading up the hill towards the western shrine. "I've got a few days yet before I can even start shooting, anyway. You know how to reach me once you've made up your mind." Reaching up to tilt her glasses up, Aya gives you a wink. "Or earlier." she states in an loaded tone.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #158 on: September 15, 2011, 12:51:47 AM »
>"You're going to make me sound like a broken record at this rate."
>Not really much to say to tengus flirting at us.

« Reply #159 on: September 15, 2011, 01:29:26 AM »
>Not really much to say to tengus flirting at us.

>Well, no one said you had to say anything in this situation. Actions do speak louder, after all....

>"You're going to make me sound like a broken record at this rate."

>Aya shakes her head slightly, chuckling a little. She mutters something in Francais, which she probably doesn't know you're fluent in, that translates as "Must be losing my touch." After another few minutes, she pulls up to the side of the road, coming to a stop. There's a bus stop about 40 feet away on this side of the road. Across from the ferrari, a large torii gate stands, with a pair of tiger statues flanking it, a long flight of stairs beyond, leading up the hill to the shrine of the metal tiger. "Well, this is it, Byakuren. No roads to the shrine, it's your pretty little feet from here."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #160 on: September 15, 2011, 02:23:58 AM »
>"Thank you for the ride, and the job offer."
>Disembark, and head for the shrine if nothing comes up.

« Reply #161 on: September 15, 2011, 03:17:32 AM »
>"Thank you for the ride, and the job offer."
>Disembark, and head for the shrine if nothing comes up.

>Aya nods your way. "I'll give you a ring if anything changes between now and then." She doesn't drive off right away, but she makes no furthur effort to delay you, and you being climbing the steps towards the shrine. And there are a lot of stairs. This'll take you a bit. The stairs themselves are a brilliant silver color. In fact, they might BE silver, which makes you shudder at the expense wasted here, even if it does compliment the theme of the element associated with the white tiger, metal. That said, however, the walk is not entirely unpleasant. Forest surrounds the silver stairway, and this time of year, there's no insect activity to speak of. The sound of birds are all around you, and the cool wind rustling through the trees is a tranquil, lovely sound. Fallen leaves dot the stairs, an array of colors, with dull red being the most prevalent. Winter won't be too far away, but before it gets too cold, you ponder coming out this way to meditate.

>Two people come down the stairs away from the shrine, about 3 minutes apart from each other. The first is a statuesque woman with ice blue eyes and very long hair, silvery white in shade. The second is a rather... rotund woman, swathed in green clothes with a gaudy hat, sweating despite the chill. Both wear rather severe expressions, and neither acknowledges your polite greetings. Perhaps they both had a dose of bad news at the shrine. The only other being you see on your way up is a small brown squirrel, which darts out of the trees, stops for a second to look your way, then scoots off again. You wish him well.

>The trip up the stairs is quite long, and despite you being in excellent shape, you're still sweating slightly once you reach the top of the stairs, which are flanked by another pair of statues, these two a silver lion and a gold cat you believe to be a jaguar. Not a common animal for Yamato, but you recall the Metal Tiger was reputed to be the lord of all beasts of the land, Yamato or otherwise. The main body of his shrine lies aways off in front of you, a pathway of alternating silver and gold-colored stones leading up to it. The forest has been cleared out from the grounds of the shrine, leaving about 30 feet or so between the walkway and the woods on either side. A small playground lies to your left, featuring a swingset, sandbox, a jungle gym, monkey bars... Nice setup. It is currently uninhabited.
>A winged figure with wearing a grey and white miko outfit, is sweeping the fallen leaves off the stone path, her long blonde hair blowing in the breeze. As she is facing away from you, you cannot see her face, but you strongly suspect that this is Lily White. Or if not her, someone that looks quite a bit like her.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #162 on: September 15, 2011, 03:25:29 AM »
>Take a moment, and see if we can access our other senses. Does anything feel awry here?

« Reply #163 on: September 15, 2011, 03:39:53 AM »
>Take a moment, and see if we can access our other senses. Does anything feel awry here?

>You appear to be blind to the senses you had access to in your Magical Lotus form, or if you're not, you're not certain how to access them without transforming. The only thing out of place you can sense is the empty playground. Something about empty swings blowing slowly in the breeze, their chains squeaking occasionaly, is kinda eerie. Not eerie on a 'threatening the world' level, but definately eerie in general.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #164 on: September 15, 2011, 03:53:00 AM »
>Approach the sweeper.
>"Pardon me. Would it be alright if I looked around the shrine a bit?"

« Reply #165 on: September 15, 2011, 05:01:05 AM »
>Approach the sweeper.
>"Pardon me. Would it be alright if I looked around the shrine a bit?"

>As you approach the blonde, she turns to face you. It is indeed Lily White, who's already wearing a smile. That smile grows a bit more when her blue eyes fall upon you. "Morning star! Good morning!" She then turns to face you, and bows formally. "Welcome to the shrine of the Metal Tiger of the west. May his blessings fall on you this day." The formalities out of the way, she straightens up. "Why would you want to look around the shrine for?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #166 on: September 15, 2011, 05:47:37 AM »
>"I had an odd dream, and I'd like to see if there was anything to it. It's nothing you need worry about setting aside your work for."
>Have we been here before?

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2011, 06:04:12 AM »
>Have we been here before?

>This particular shrine, no. You have visited both the eastern shrine and the southern shrine, but neither the northern or (until today) the west. That said, however, the temple itself appears basically identical to the other two shrines you've seen, so it stands to reason that it's interior would be close as well. Of course, you've never been inside the main temple in either of the other two locations, so this fact probably doesn't help you very much, in terms of finding your way around.

>"I had an odd dream, and I'd like to see if there was anything to it. It's nothing you need worry about setting aside your work for."

>"Ah, then you came to the right shrine!" she states enthusiastically. "Satori's really good at figuring out dreams and things. She can help, if anyone can! Right this way!" She gestures towards the southern end of the building, where you can see a small entrance. Lily sets off in that direction. "Might be a few minutes wait, though, she's having a talk to someone ahead of you."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #168 on: September 15, 2011, 06:05:56 AM »
>"That's fine, I'll just look around in the meantime. I didn't come to have it interpreted so much as see if the imagery it had matched anything in reality."

« Reply #169 on: September 15, 2011, 06:13:31 AM »
>"That's fine, I'll just look around in the meantime. I didn't come to have it interpreted so much as see if the imagery it had matched anything in reality."

>Lily comes to an abrubt halt. "Oh." She pauses, considering. "Well, that's fine, too, but, just so you know, there's parts of the temple that you can't go into. Not without Satori's permission."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #170 on: September 15, 2011, 06:17:36 AM »
>"Alright, that's fine. If I need permission, I'll seek it out. Thank you."
>If she has no further objections, start to wander the grounds and see if anything gives us a curious feeling. Touch things. Start what that playground.

« Reply #171 on: September 16, 2011, 01:44:18 AM »
>"Alright, that's fine. If I need permission, I'll seek it out. Thank you."
>If she has no further objections, start to wander the grounds and see if anything gives us a curious feeling. Touch things. Start what that playground.

>She does not, and you set to rambling around as the winged blonde returns to her sweeping, singing to herself in a clear, pretty voice. You amble over first to the empty playground, running your fingers over the metal of the monkey bars, the cold chain of the swing sets. The sensations take you back to your younger days, when you and Myoren still lived together. And how, when he was healthy, he liked to sneak out of the house to visit the small playground near your house, and how you were young enough to go with him instead of stopping him, but old enough to fuss over him and make sure he didn't stay out too long. And how once you tried jumping off the swings and scraped your little knee, and he tried to be your prince and carry you home. Obviously you didn't let him, but the thought made you very happy. And you remember the time your mother caught you both, and the scolding she gave the both of you, but the worst part was the guilt you both felt at making her so worried. The nostalgic sensation brings a smile to your face as you sit down on the swings briefly. Apart from nostalgic memories, however, none of the objects in the playground trigger any sensations at all.

>A middle aged man in a long blue and black coat comes up the stairs, nods a greeting to Lily as he passes her, and makes his way towards the offratory box in front of the temple itself. Apart from not letting his eyes linger on a pretty girl like Lily a bit longer, nothing about him seems particularly out of place.
>Deciding that you've indulged in enough nostalgia, you stand from the swings, and start to move towards the shrine's chozuya before you have an odd sensation that you're being watched. From your left, from the trees. Turning to look, not knowing quite what to expect after everything that's happened to you lately, you are somewhat releived to see an ordinary fox standing at the edge of the forest.

GuyYouMetOnline

• Surprisingy not smart for lynch dodging
« Reply #172 on: September 16, 2011, 01:46:16 AM »
>We can't be sure it's ordinary, though.
>Approach the fox slowly.

« Reply #173 on: September 16, 2011, 02:09:19 AM »
>We can't be sure it's ordinary, though.

>This is entirely true. Things have had a tendancy to not be quite what they seem around you lately.

>Approach the fox slowly.

>You start to move towards the fox carefully, not wanting to upset the little canine. Or whatever the thing is. It's little head sweeps back and forth once, seemingly looking around, but its gaze settles on you again as you approach it. It makes no sound, but its' ears do perk up as you approach. You don't get to take more than a few steps, however, before you hear Lily's voice from behind you, in a hissed whisper. "Careful, morning star!" You hear her footsteps coming up from behind you. "There's a few families of foxes around the shrine. Not all of them are very friendly, least not to strangers."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #174 on: September 16, 2011, 01:22:02 PM »
>Do we feel or see anything odd from the fox that would establish it as anything other than a normal fox?

« Reply #175 on: September 16, 2011, 11:31:21 PM »
>Do we feel or see anything odd from the fox that would establish it as anything other than a normal fox?

>You can sense nothing from the fox, and it seems visually indistinguishable from any other fox. Then again, that fist doll seemed indistinguishable from a normal doll, too. The fox doesn't appear to be alarmed or defensive, as far as you can tell. If anything, you would guess that it's curious about you.

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #176 on: September 17, 2011, 02:21:41 AM »
>"Don't worry, Lily. I don't think it's going to hurt me."
>Slowly get closer to it. Observe it carefully for any reaction.

« Reply #177 on: September 17, 2011, 03:03:12 AM »
>"Don't worry, Lily. I don't think it's going to hurt me."

>"I sure hope you're right..." the winged blonde replies tersely. You think you can hear her hands gripping her broom a little tigher.

>Slowly get closer to it. Observe it carefully for any reaction.

>You take another few steps towards the fox, taking great care in doing so, so as not to antagonize or alarm the little creature. Its head had been swishing back and forth slightly after you stopped, but it looks only at you as you move closer to it. You can hear Lily moving as well, taking a few careful steps behind you. The foxes' head tilts to one side slightly as you approach. In humans, this usually indicates a sign of questioning, or curiousity. You're not sure what it means in foxes, but at the least, you can detect no obvious signs of hostility in its mismatched eyes. You're close enough now to see that one of its eyes is brown, but the other is a deep green. You've read that this is not entirely uncommon in felines, but you're not sure about canines.
>You can hear Lily suddenly let out a sigh of relief. "Whew. It's just him." She walks up to stand alongside you, smiling again. "I know that fox. He's been hanging around the shrine now for a couple years. At least, that's what Satori says, I only started here a couple months ago. But I have seen him a few times. He's harmless. I've never seen him hurt anyone." She cups her little jaw in her little hand. "Now, what was his name....?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #178 on: September 17, 2011, 03:25:07 AM »

GuyYouMetOnline

« Reply #179 on: September 17, 2011, 04:11:16 AM »
>"He's a frequent enough visitor that you've named him?"
>Approach closer, still being careful.