Author Topic: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2  (Read 59102 times)

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
Re: Magical Lotus, Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 2
« Reply #120 on: September 12, 2011, 12:40:01 AM »
>Bow back to him
>"And you as well, Mr O'Donnell."

« Reply #121 on: September 12, 2011, 12:44:56 AM »
>Bow back to him
>"And you as well, Mr O'Donnell."

>"Oy, now. Doubles." he chides pleasantly, returning to his seat. "Haven't been 'mister' in a very, very long time, and I aim t'keep it that way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #122 on: September 12, 2011, 01:09:45 AM »
>"Doubles it is."
>Bow again, and depart.

« Reply #123 on: September 12, 2011, 01:32:27 AM »
>"Doubles it is."
>Bow again, and depart.

>"You take care, now, lass." the old oni says quietly as you put the ring back in your pocket and head down the stairs. The guards nod politely as you head out the doors, shivering briefly as a gust of cold air brushes your legs.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #124 on: September 12, 2011, 02:09:01 AM »
>Continue on toward the shrine.

« Reply #125 on: September 12, 2011, 03:16:32 AM »
>Continue on toward the shrine.

>Pulling your jacket tighter around you, you proceed in a northwesterly direction towards the shrine of the Metal Tiger. Mayoiga is awake now, and even though it's sunday, there's plenty traffic in this part of town, both foot and wheeled. You pass by a few folks you know from school, and exchange polite greetings on your way past. You allow yourself a small smile at their happy faces. A simple thing to make people happy sometimes. It's a wonderful thing. Life should be that simple.
>About 10 minutes out from Ran's, you get a very different sensation from a figure that bumps your shoulder as he walks past you. He's a giant of a man in an oilskin coat, and a bundle that told he was a tramp. His head was nearly entirely concealed by the high collars of his coat, and the wide-brimmed hat he wore. Didn't even apologize, he just kept going, but that's not what gives you pause as you stare at his back. He had a familiar... you're not sure what the word is, perhaps 'presense', about him. Like you'd met him before, or at least seen him. A not uncommon feeling for people to experience, but for some reason, this nags at your mind. Perhaps given everything that's happened to you, you've become more sensitive to that sort of thing now. Or perhaps you're worrying about it more than others do. But there's definately something about that man you find unsettling, and it's not until a rather loud engine pulls up on your side that you are distracted, and stop staring at the departing figure. The engine belongs to a racy, beautiful looking ferrari sportscar, and this one, you definately recognize. Sure enough, the driver's side window rolls down, revealing Aya Shameimaru's smiling face.
>"Morning, Byakuren." she chirps.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #126 on: September 12, 2011, 03:18:45 AM »
>Is That Man still in sight?

« Reply #127 on: September 12, 2011, 03:22:38 AM »
>Is That Man still in sight?

>It seems that, in the momentary distraction from your agent, he has moved out of sight. Perhaps entering one of the shops here, perhaps turning down another street, or an ally, you cannot be sure. The uneasy sensation you had is passing. Perhaps it was nothing. After all, a figure that tall, chances are, you'd remember having met him before.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #128 on: September 12, 2011, 03:28:50 AM »
>"Oh, hello Aya,
>Frown, and look back where he was again.
>"Did you see that tall man with the wide-brimmed hat, just now?"

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #129 on: September 12, 2011, 03:47:40 AM »
>Offhandedly muse that she probably didn't see him and is going to reply "What tall man?"
>Ask her about Chen's locket.
>Ask if you can hitch a ride.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #130 on: September 12, 2011, 05:31:34 PM »
>"Oh, hello Aya,
>Frown, and look back where he was again.
>"Did you see that tall man with the wide-brimmed hat, just now?"

>A second glance down the road reveals no furthur sign of the man, his coat, or his hat. Whatever that sensation you had when he bumped your shoulder, it's gone now.
>The tengu photographer nods. "Certainly tall, but they grow big in some parts." She leers at you. "He catch your eye?"

>Offhandedly muse that she probably didn't see him and is going to reply "What tall man?"
>Ask her about Chen's locket.
>Ask if you can hitch a ride.

>Guess again.
>Aya ponders for a moment. "Nope. Haven't seen any missing jewelery in a while, not since Ushio dropped her ring down a grate at that race a few weeks back."
>The tengu grins. "Matter of fact, I was about to ask you the same thing. Hop in. Where you headed?"

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #131 on: September 12, 2011, 08:34:02 PM »
> "Thank you.  I was heading to the shrine of the Metal Tiger."
> Get in.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #132 on: September 13, 2011, 12:48:38 AM »
> "Thank you.  I was heading to the shrine of the Metal Tiger."
> Get in.

>Aya rolls the roof of her ferrari down as you step inside. You'd almost forgotten she had the convertable version of the 458. And so comfortable seats, too.
>"Ahh, feeling pious today, are we?" She quips, as she waits for the traffic flow to subside before pulling out and setting off.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2011, 01:18:56 AM »
>"Well enough. I'd been meaning to visit for awhile."
>What do we know about this shrine, anyways?

« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2011, 01:43:04 AM »
>What do we know about this shrine, anyways?

>The shrine on the western side of town is devoted to one of the companions of the Mother of the Light, the great White Tiger, which was the keeper of the element of Metal. It's one of the more popular of the four shrines, especially amongst people around your own age, though this has more to do with the chief miko there, Satori Komeji, than out of any profound sense of religion. She's the only youkai head miko among the four shrines, and she's reknowned for her predictions and advice, especially about love. It's one of the three shrines that were rebuilt after the war, as only the northern shrine survived the destruction of the city.

>"Well enough. I'd been meaning to visit for awhile."

>Aya chuckles, then leers at you again. "You wouldn't be heading up there for a little chat with Satori about looooove would you?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #135 on: September 13, 2011, 03:05:14 AM »
>"Would you think anything else, regardless of what I said?"

« Reply #136 on: September 13, 2011, 03:16:51 AM »
>"Would you think anything else, regardless of what I said?"

>Aya tilts her head back and laughs. "Nice comeback, kiddo." After another short laugh, "But seriously, you know I'd believe ya. I'm not sure I ever met someone as honest as you. Although..." she drawls, glancing at you out of the corner of her eye. "That wasn't a 'no'..."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #137 on: September 13, 2011, 03:39:37 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"Then you may consider this a no."

« Reply #138 on: September 13, 2011, 03:47:28 AM »
>Chuckle.
>"Then you may consider this a no."

>"Awww, I can hear the breaking hearts already." Aya chuckles at her own joke, then pulls the car to a stop at a red light. A pleasant aroma fills your nostrils, baking bread, you think. Must be a bakery or something nearby. Unfortunately, this is somewhat spoiled by the smell of exaust from the truck idling next to you. Aya's face turns somewhat more serious.
>"So, I heard about the incidents last wendsday. You okay now?"

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #139 on: September 13, 2011, 03:49:15 AM »
>"Yeah, I'm about as good as can be expected, I think."

« Reply #140 on: September 13, 2011, 04:01:44 AM »
>"Yeah, I'm about as good as can be expected, I think."

>"Glad to hear it. I've seen bad things happen to people that go over stairs, real bad, even less stairs than you did. Felt as good as a autumn breeze to see you walking around when I did."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #141 on: September 13, 2011, 06:41:43 AM »
>"I'm sorry to have worried you, then. Thankfully, I was out cold for most of it."

« Reply #142 on: September 13, 2011, 06:57:49 AM »
>"I'm sorry to have worried you, then. Thankfully, I was out cold for most of it."

>Aya spares a moment to look at you, and give you a smile. "Does have its advantages sometimes." The light turns green and you set off again. Even at street speeds, the sound of the 458 engine is a lovely sound to your ears. Perhaps not as lovely as you've heard Aya ramble on about it, but a nice sound, nevertheless.
>"Well, if you're as right as a thermal, then that's music to my ears. I've got a couple jobs coming up in the next little while, I'd love to have you on board. Truth to tell, I would've called you a couple days ago, but, I figured modeling wasn't high on your list of things to do then."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #143 on: September 13, 2011, 07:13:12 AM »
>"Jobs and modelling, you say?"

« Reply #144 on: September 13, 2011, 07:55:38 AM »
>"Jobs and modelling, you say?"

>Aya bobs her head in a nod. "Matter of fact, one of em's for that store we were close to a minute ago: Yakumo Gems. They've got a new version of their catalogue coming out for the holidays, and they've contracted my company for models for their new stuff. It's not my usual fare, I admit, but I'm up for the challenge, and I know my girls are, too. ... Well, I hope so." she adds quietly. "It's much more understated then our usual work, and I have to admit, it's kinda dissapointing for me, but the contract was good. Too good to pass up, and that means big cheques for you folks, as well."
>"Now of course, saying that, that's not the only order on my plate." she continues, pausing at a crosswalk to led a young couple and their baby cross. "But it's probably got the best pay for the easiest job, so, I wanted to throw that out there first."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #145 on: September 13, 2011, 07:59:40 AM »
>"I'll think about it. I might be busy soon."
>Can't really be modelling when things are afoot. But politeness doesn't hurt.

« Reply #146 on: September 13, 2011, 06:32:48 PM »
>Can't really be modelling when things are afoot. But politeness doesn't hurt.

>Don't set your mind in stone about that. Yes, you must be vigilant, in case the enemies of your world strike again, but that does not mean that the rest of your life has become unimportant. Life goes on. There's still school to attend, exams to take, tasks to do, jobs to perform, money to be earned, friends to share your life with.... Life goes on. Think Persona here. Plenty of time to improve your social links, work jobs, and handle school, inbetween dealing with shadows.

>"I'll think about it. I might be busy soon."

>Your noncommital reply does not seem to stymie Aya's enthusiasm. "Oh, I know, you've still got school and all that, but I'm sure you can spare a couple hours for old Aya here, can't ya? And you haven't even heard the best jobs yet, either. .... Ah, but then again, I suppose I shouldn't be too selfish. Is about this time of year humans your age have your exams, isn't it?  Well, I've got some flexibility. No deadlines coming due for a few days yet, plenty of time to get little things like schooling tests out of the way."

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #147 on: September 13, 2011, 10:01:23 PM »
>"And what are the best jobs?"

« Reply #148 on: September 14, 2011, 02:15:30 AM »
>"And what are the best jobs?"

>She rubs her hands together briefly before the crosswalk clears, and she sets off again. "Glad you asked, Miss Hijiri." The way she says that, it's more for emphasis than out of any sense of formality. "Well, you've heard of Remilia Scarlet, the wedding planner?" You hadn't, but Aya continues on before giving you a chance to reply. "She's contracted me to supply the pictures for most of her new ad campaign. Well, the stills part of it, but anyway. That means varied locations, nice suits, pretty little dresses, and, best of all... wedding gowns." Aya grins lasciviously. You knew she liked pretty girls in pretty clothes, but she obvsiouly has a thing for wedding dresses. And money, as well, as she continues her thought with, "Maybe I could even talk to Ran again, see if I can get the two of them over a contract..." You can practically see the gears turning in her head.

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #149 on: September 14, 2011, 02:28:01 AM »
>"Hm, I see. I might consider it, if the schedule remains fairly clear."