Author Topic: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - Less than a week till release  (Read 191511 times)

Re: Pocket Monsters 6th Gen (Dimensions) - X and Y versions announcement
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2013, 02:25:53 AM »
If they give an evolution to pre single stage pokemon please evolve spinda :( It's like a cruel joke.
Well, you know, Spinda's pretty much entirely a gimmick Pok?mon with the "hey each one has a different pattern" thing going on, so I can't say it's likely that they'll give it more attention than that :V

« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2013, 02:36:38 AM »
Let me guess: every time you switch in, you'd get punched in the face? That doesn't sound very nice.  :V

That actually sounds pretty funny.  :getdown:

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #62 on: January 09, 2013, 02:38:14 AM »
Joking aside, I'd love to see Leech Seed turned into an entry hazard or at least some sort of Stealth Seed equivalent. Draining the enemy's HP as they switch in and out would be positively devious.

It would be also stupid broken (just as broken as Stealth Rock) so they no, they shouldn't do that.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #64 on: January 09, 2013, 03:11:08 AM »
Well, you know, Spinda's pretty much entirely a gimmick Pok?mon with the "hey each one has a different pattern" thing going on, so I can't say it's likely that they'll give it more attention than that :V
But it could have been so much more if it weren't for those terrible stats.
It would be also stupid broken (just as broken as Stealth Rock) so they no, they shouldn't do that.
If it only sapped when switching in and sapped 6% and recovered 6% relatively it wouldn't be that broken. Also grass type immunity and rapid spin would work against it. Phasing wouldn't that much of a problem as 6% isn't that much of a heal, but I wouldn't know the usefulness in double battles. The only thing I would see wrong would be something like parasect having black sludge, dry skin in rain and a move like that giving it a load of recovery against anything not fire.

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #65 on: January 09, 2013, 04:31:01 AM »

A Spinda evolution would be fine indeed, especially if they give it more moves to use with Contrary. Superpower is all well and good, but imagine it with a Ghost-type varient that boost Sp. Attack and Sp. Defense. Now that would be something special... er, no pun intended.

While we're making wishlists, I'd like to see evolutions not only for the weaker Pokemon, but for guys like Pinsir, Torkoal or Carnivine as well. Y'know, guys who have the right stats, just the wrong distribution or typing - giving them a new form that's more competitive and unique (Bug/Ground, Fire/Steel, Grass/Ghost?) would really give them a new lease on life, I think.

Other than that, my list isn't too long: Farfetch'd, Girafarig, Dunsparce, Qwilfish, Corsola, Delibird, Sableye, Mawile, Banette, Pachirisu. Give them a stat boost that brings them up to par with the other post-gen evolutions and I'll be content. A Dragon-type Eevee would be nice, too.

But it could have been so much more if it weren't for those terrible stats.If it only sapped when switching in and sapped 6% and recovered 6% relatively it wouldn't be that broken. Also grass type immunity and rapid spin would work against it. Phasing wouldn't that much of a problem as 6% isn't that much of a heal, but I wouldn't know the usefulness in double battles. The only thing I would see wrong would be something like parasect having black sludge, dry skin in rain and a move like that giving it a load of recovery against anything not fire.

Parasect becoming not only viable, but overpowered would be well worth the price of admission in my opinion.  :D Though so long as Grass-types remove it on entry like Poison-types do with Toxic Spikes and do away with the classic version of Leech Seed to keep Stall teams from leeching people dry, you could probably go as far as a 12.5% drain without worry.

Stealth Rock is a huge pain in the ass though. I was kinda hoping that Gamefreak was cutting it off at the legs by removing the TM in the generations going forward, but they had to go and make it a Move Tutor again in BW2. Love it or hate it, I guess it's here to stay.  :derp: Cutting its effectiveness in half would be appreciated however.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 04:37:18 AM by PapillonReel »

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #66 on: January 09, 2013, 04:54:40 AM »
To counteract the entry hazard meta they buff rapid spin to 80 power and to counteract this they also introduce a load of ghost types.
Parasect becoming not only viable, but overpowered would be well worth the price of admission in my opinion.  :D T
Parasect does well in my NU rain team. In fact it just sits behind it
Qwilfish
Everything about Qwilfish screams that it should have an evolution.

e: So if they introduced a leech seed entry hazard which did not override leech seed.
A parasect with dry skin in rain, with leech seed and the entry hazard in effect, holding black sludge/leftovers while using giga drain.
That's some good stall, and the entry hazard would be able to sap health when switching which allows parasect to recover after sapping the life out of one pokemon.
18.75% of your health  + 12.5% enemy + ?% from giga drain + up to 12.5% drain from new entry hazard, not to mention parasect can use substitute.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 05:06:59 AM by Biohazurd »

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #67 on: January 09, 2013, 05:07:10 AM »
You know, isn't it a bit counter-intuitive that you'd use Psywave or whatever Fennekin happens to be using on a Kirlia?
I would dig it if it was had Me First and ended up being a Fire/Dark type.

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #68 on: January 09, 2013, 05:11:32 AM »
I thought Psywave dealt typeless damage unless the opponent was dark.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #69 on: January 09, 2013, 05:13:22 AM »
... How would I recall these things? I think I'd still rather see a Dark type come out of this, but then again, we have Zoroark. :V

« Reply #70 on: January 09, 2013, 07:09:21 AM »
Digging the new player character designs, as well as the fact that there's finally going to be a full 3D main series pokemon game. To be honest though, I don't think the pokemon look too interesting, though, except for maybe the the two lengedaries.

Agent of the BSoD

• Takeminakata Invocation
  • Never forget
« Reply #71 on: January 09, 2013, 07:15:32 AM »
Everything about Qwilfish screams that it should have an evolution.
I always thought this way about Breloom. It just, doesn't look, complete, if you know what I'm getting at. It just looks like it should have one more stage.
I figured out how to play midi in games with a different device on Win7 ^^
TF2 Backpack
Embodiment of Scarlet Hair English Patch is almost completed.
^ I didn't forget about this. I don't know what you're talking about. >_>

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #72 on: January 09, 2013, 12:09:53 PM »
To counteract the entry hazard meta they buff rapid spin to 80 power and to counteract this they also introduce a load of ghost types.

BP 80? pls no, there's no point in doing so, it's always been defensive

there are literally no pokemon that actually benefit from a higher BP rapid spin, unless for some reason you want to run ~*~offensive forretress~*~ or you still think donphan is the lord and savior

e: So if they introduced a leech seed entry hazard which did not override leech seed.
A parasect with dry skin in rain, with leech seed and the entry hazard in effect, holding black sludge/leftovers while using giga drain.
That's some good stall, and the entry hazard would be able to sap health when switching which allows parasect to recover after sapping the life out of one pokemon.
18.75% of your health  + 12.5% enemy + ?% from giga drain + up to 12.5% drain from new entry hazard, not to mention parasect can use substitute.

keep in mind for starters Rain Dish Ludicolo can regain 25% of its HP per turn with Rain Dish+Leftovers+Leech Seed under the rain already

I thought Psywave dealt typeless damage unless the opponent was dark.

Psywave deals random damage between x0.5 to x1.5 the user's level.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 12:13:02 PM by anghel-hime »

PapillonReel

• Liquid Snake
  • I'm actually pretty patient.
« Reply #73 on: January 09, 2013, 12:36:18 PM »
Guys, guys, you're forgetting one of my conditions for this hypothetical stealth seed:

do away with the classic version of Leech Seed to keep Stall teams from leeching people dry

I'm pondering about Leech Seed being turned into a hazard, not backed up by one. It's either leech them if they stay in or leech them as they switch - having access to both would be insane, as it has been pointed out. :P

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #74 on: January 09, 2013, 12:46:32 PM »
BP 80? pls no, there's no point in doing so, it's always been defensive

there are literally no pokemon that actually benefit from a higher BP rapid spin, unless for some reason you want to run ~*~offensive forretress~*~ or you still think donphan is the lord and savior

Last time I checked Hitmontop is rather popular and has a good ATK stat. Same for Sandslash in lower tiers.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #75 on: January 09, 2013, 12:53:12 PM »
Last time I checked Hitmontop is rather popular and has a good ATK stat. Same for Sandslash in lower tiers.

except you use rapid spin to discard entry hazards, you don't use it for any offensive purpose

6th gen needs BETTER spinners or need to IMPROVE current spinners; Rapid Spin as a move is fine as it is

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #76 on: January 09, 2013, 01:01:54 PM »
except you use rapid spin to discard entry hazards, you don't use it for any offensive purpose

6th gen needs BETTER spinners or need to IMPROVE current spinners; Rapid Spin as a move is fine as it is
Like giving tyranitar rapid spin? Ghost types can't switch into pursuit/crunch, and the only reason they're popular is to spinblock.

And ludicolo has already ridiculous special bulk in NU anyway
I'm pondering about Leech Seed being turned into a hazard, not backed up by one. It's either leech them if they stay in or leech them as they switch - having access to both would be insane, as it has been pointed out. :P
What's the point of sapping on switch in. I mean if they wanted to get rid of leech seed by switching then that gives you a free turn, and switch in don't occur that often, meaning it would have to be a powerful leech.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #77 on: January 09, 2013, 01:04:28 PM »
You're not getting that wish.

Like, unless there is a massive influx of Ground Moves, that is very definitely not being a thing.

Oh, I agree it's not going away - I mostly want it to be nerfed because it's too damn good. :(

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #78 on: January 09, 2013, 01:34:17 PM »
Like giving tyranitar rapid spin? Ghost types can't switch into pursuit/crunch, and the only reason they're popular is to spinblock.

Ghost types are TRAPPED by Pursuit...

And by improving current spinners, I don't mean giving it to Pokemon that would have no business learning the move (how the hell can Tyranitar learn Rapid Spin; even Sandslash has some vague logic to it). Sandslash is only considered a reliable Rapid Spinner due to the presence of Swords Dance and being able to EdgeQuake everything to oblivion, getting rid of pesky spinblockers.

Ludicolo having stupid good bulk is besides the point I was trying to make with my statement about it... Besides, if Ludicolo isn't under Rain, its usefulness is immediately limited, it relies on rain for its strength

Oh, I agree it's not going away - I mostly want it to be nerfed because it's too damn good. :(

If only because it's got ridiculous consistency on such high BP (100) :V I don't see it being nerfed any time soon though.

If a move needs nerfing, it's Stealth Rock, because "hey we're gamefreak and by introducing this move we invalidate an immediate percentage of the viable Pokemon cast :3"

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #79 on: January 09, 2013, 01:51:34 PM »
And by improving current spinners, I don't mean giving it to Pokemon that would have no business learning the move (how the hell can Tyranitar learn Rapid Spin; even Sandslash has some vague logic to it). Sandslash is only considered a reliable Rapid Spinner due to the presence of Swords Dance and being able to EdgeQuake everything to oblivion, getting rid of pesky spinblockers.
Things like gastly can learn the elemental punches and many a pokemon can learn sucker punch, so pokemon really doesn't have 100% logical reasoning (especially with types). Was just mentioning how giving a pokemon like tyranitar, given rapid spin, would make entry hazards less prominent (and tyranitar more popular than i would like), since tyranitar already has the necessary anti-ghost measures without needing a swords dance.

And I went on a tangent with ludicolo, it's suprisingly not as bad as one might expect without rain though. If you aren't facing someone with a type advantage then ludicolo could possibly set up rain itself.

It would be interesting if they introduced an ability/item that removed entry hazards, i.e. an on switch in rapid spin. I'm kind of sick of seeing rapid spin as the only way to get rid of stealth rock to save my ninjask.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #80 on: January 09, 2013, 02:13:17 PM »
tyranitar is also 4x weak to Fighting so...

not really helping

also the legendary names are revealed: Xerneas and Yveltal

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
  • v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
« Reply #82 on: January 09, 2013, 08:25:52 PM »
many a pokemon can learn sucker punch

Keep in mind that sucker punches Japanese name is surprise attack so things like galvantula, arbok, etc. that don't have arms but are creatures that are thought of as scary by some have a reason to learn it.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
« Reply #83 on: January 09, 2013, 08:31:33 PM »
You know what should happen

A Baton Pass tutor

I've been asking for this since Platinum

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
« Reply #84 on: January 09, 2013, 10:16:25 PM »
If they don't break apart all of those stubborn tiers, I won't play it. My level 100 Pachirisu deserves better. The most I've done with it is KO a Pok?Sav Lugia with Discharge (like 5 years ago). Also, I can't help but think that the super rapid generations mean that there's some $$ involved in the motivations... I just hope it's good.

3D graphics for Pok?mon will give them a massive edge. A lot of the smaller monster games will have to work a LOT harder to beat them. And they're localizing everything at once, and that's pretty interesting. What I'd really like is if the New Mystery Dungeon could get a patch to add the rest of the Pok?mon in. :(

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #85 on: January 10, 2013, 04:03:08 AM »
tyranitar is also 4x weak to Fighting so...
Eh my point was that tyranitar can usually get a rapid spin out, and going down while removing entry hazards as a support (if you choose to run it that way) isn't that bad. It can maybe survive a focus blast from things that aren't a gengar too, and I don't know other fighting moves ghost types run for coverage (aura sphere) against a specially defensive tyranitar. Of course it has its weaknesses, but that's why everyone just makes it specially defensive.
e: I completely forgot that sandstorm raises special defence by 50% for rock types. Tyranitar is a rock type, therefore it will be able to survive a focus blast from a gengar with max special attack.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2013, 04:09:41 AM by Biohazurd »

Mounting Jaggis

• It's a dinosaur rodeo!
  • Yeee haww!
« Reply #86 on: January 10, 2013, 04:11:41 AM »
There's a bunch of Pokemon who I want to use but they just have terrible stats or don't have good enough moves. They kept saying Pokemon are evolving, I hope that means there are changes in the gameplay, sadly, they were probably only talking about the move to 3d models.

It seems people are speculating that there will be trainer customization. There's a glitch in the video where the male trainer's glasses float where he started the jump in the vine part. If there was no customization, the glasses would permanently be glued to his hat, otherwise the game would be less optimized due to the models being separate. Either that or the male trainer puts on his glasses sometime in the game. I hope there actually is trainer customization.

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #87 on: January 10, 2013, 09:40:19 AM »
Keep in mind that sucker punches Japanese name is surprise attack so things like galvantula, arbok, etc. that don't have arms but are creatures that are thought of as scary by some have a reason to learn it.

Correct, Sucker Punch's Japanese name is 不意打ち (ふいうち) which means "Sneak Attack," "Ambush" or "Surprise Attack," YMMV.

e: I completely forgot that sandstorm raises special defence by 50% for rock types. Tyranitar is a rock type, therefore it will be able to survive a focus blast from a gengar with max special attack.

then Tyranitar eats a close combat to the face and dies.

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #88 on: January 10, 2013, 10:59:10 AM »
then Tyranitar eats a close combat to the face and dies.
The only thing I'm saying is that you can't send in a ghost type in against tyranitar, which is why it would be good with rapid spin to shake up the meta and get rid of the ever prevalent entry hazards. Ghost pokemon also don't learn very many fighting moves besides focus blast (most of them being specially offensive) besides golurk/lett. You wouldn't really send out a tyranitar other than to sand stream or spin or occasional crunch anyway. Ok, I'll stop there.

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #89 on: January 12, 2013, 05:05:22 AM »
I'm a bit sad the sprites are gone. The 2-D sprites were one of my favorite things about the series, since pixels in game art is one of those rare commodities you don't see very often any more.

Still, they gave a Stadium feel to the game while making it a main adventure, so I can't wait to see that.

I also can't wait to see them do another wonderful plot like they pulled off in Gen V. That was easily my favorite part of Gen V, having a good story instead of "you happen to run into another organized crime gang, go beat them up to save the universe."
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia