Author Topic: Getting addicted to Masterchef  (Read 2588 times)

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
Getting addicted to Masterchef
« on: July 27, 2011, 04:40:14 AM »
God watching this showdown of chefs is just amazingly addictive, I dunno what you guys watch on the telly or not at all, but nowadays I tune in to see some of the finest cooking on the channel, and the best bit is that they actually do tell you how to cook those things if you have any decent skills to carry them out yourselves. This is like one of those shows where doofuses with their 16 minutes of fame don't show up, everyone there knows their business however little it is, and it is freaking exciting.
So who else is watching cooking channels and cooking competitions?

I know they use to have these competitions some years ago, It was Gordon Ramsey's Hell's Kitchen but that was more drama than necessary, and now finally a cooking showdown? This is as exciting as watching WWE Hell in a Cell when I was a kid/  :ohdear:
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
Re: Getting addicted to Masterchef
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:02:58 AM »
Related.

My dad and I used to watch cooking shows all the time, but I don't watch much television any more. I don't think he still watches them, anyway. The main one we watched was Good Eats, or something like that. It had Alton Brown in it.

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 05:07:27 AM »
License to Grill with that black guy is really good, I watch it mostly because they can really show you how best to cook that large slab.
I plan to use one of those recipes seen during xmas depending on my mood to cook.
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 05:12:36 AM »
Heh. I'd check it out, but being a vegetarian, I don't really have much reason to grill.

I think one of the reasons we stopped watching those shows is because we got a really horrible recipe from the one we always watched. It was supposed to be banana ice cream, but it was just awful...

♛ Apher-Forte

« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 05:17:55 AM »
Oh said license to grill have several episodes where he grilled only vegetables, you'll be surprise what you can do will hollowed out vegetables. (with butter if you don't mind)

One of those I won't watch is probably the ones where they say cook at home... I find those mundane.
not that I actually watch a lot of cooking shows, but I am really crazy for the cooking competitions. I attended the local Masterchef Culinary Experience here where 8 chefs were competing live (including one where I work at the hotel) and the stuff they did is amazing. You can really say when it comes to the competitions these guys are all serious business, they won't even so much as give you a look or flinch.

Aya Squawkermaru

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2011, 05:34:31 AM »
I may have to check that out, then~ (Yeah, just a vegetarian, not vegan.)

Cooking competitions. srs bsns.