Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208738 times)

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #360 on: July 07, 2019, 05:33:33 AM »
The GSSR Gacha is here.  Wish me luck...

And it is...

Ozy  :(  One of the 9 I didn't want. 

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #361 on: July 07, 2019, 06:15:37 AM »
Alright, I guess I'll do it...

Best case scenario would be Ishtar, Iskandar, Shuten Douji, or Mordred.

The summoning process kind of hiccuped, skipped over my 5*, displayed things out of order, and then showed me what I got afterward. I got Arturia (vanilla flavored), which is... fine. She's definitely in my "not interested" tier, but there are a lot of characters I would have liked less I guess. I don't have anything against her, but she's not very exciting.

I also got a Carmilla and a duplicate Victor of the Moon. Briefly got my hopes up that I might have gotten Shuten Douji when I saw that gold assassin card that turned out to be Carmilla, but no dice. Also from my bonus quartz I got a Suzuka Gozen, so that's neat I guess.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #362 on: July 07, 2019, 06:24:53 AM »
The GSSR Gacha is here.  Wish me luck...

And it is...

Ozy  :(  One of the 9 I didn't want.
:(

Can I trade your Ozy for the Scheherazade I got? Schez was one of the ones in my Dislike category. Granted, when I saw a gold Caster card come up, I was frantically hoping it wouldn't be a Waver dupe. So yeah, coulda been worse indeed. She won't be decent for awhile until her buffs come a lot later.

Did a 10 roll on the Holmes banner and got every Anniversary CE at least. Will try not to use too much more for Holmes as Summer1 starts on July 12th.

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #363 on: July 07, 2019, 07:34:40 AM »
Picked up a Raikou from the guaranteed, which is very satisfactory indeed since she fills a 5-star niche for me. A 10-shot on Sherlock's banner yielded a min roll. Definitely still nice, though.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:36:50 AM by qMyon »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #364 on: July 07, 2019, 07:49:27 AM »
:(

Can I trade your Ozy for the Scheherazade I got? Schez was one of the ones in my Dislike category. Granted, when I saw a gold Caster card come up, I was frantically hoping it wouldn't be a Waver dupe. So yeah, coulda been worse indeed. She won't be decent for awhile until her buffs come a lot later.

Did a 10 roll on the Holmes banner and got every Anniversary CE at least. Will try not to use too much more for Holmes as Summer1 starts on July 12th.
I wish...

Took on the SAlter Challenge and nearly beat her w/o using a SQ, getting her down to about 130k HP before my team finally ran out of gas. My team:
Chloe, Mash, Support Jeanne, EMIYA, Anne, Ishtar.
MVPs: Jeanne & the hyper forward little devil
Ate only a single ExMorgan thanks to Jeanne, all the way on turn 71 when it was just Anne and her still standing.   Used my CS's to power up Jeanne's NP if she couldn't get it charged in time.  Chloe did most of the damage, once she went down Anne took over.  It took 74 turns to take SAlter down.  (Used only one SQ for team revive on turn 72.)
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 07:52:12 AM by Aya Reiko »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #365 on: July 07, 2019, 10:39:22 AM »
I feel bad for everyone in this thread because I pulled my #1 overall choice (Okitan). <_<;
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #366 on: July 07, 2019, 11:29:51 AM »
I'm waiting until I get my phone replaced before I run the GSSR so I'm using Google Play instead of iTunes, but I'm just kind of hoping I don't get a dupe (and if I do, hopefully Kiara).

Poor Passionlip, though; she's literally the only unavailable Servant that isn't story-locked, Summer-locked, or Holmes.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #367 on: July 07, 2019, 04:20:13 PM »
Poor Passionlip, though; she's literally the only unavailable Servant that isn't story-locked, Summer-locked, or Holmes.

Passionlip lives to be bullied, either by her master, by enemies, or by the game.  :D

Speaking of her, I finally saw her instant kill effect for literally the first time ever this morning while farming. She's by far my most used servant so it's kind of bonkers that it's never come up ever before now, but it is remarkably pointless so I guess it makes sense.

« Reply #368 on: July 07, 2019, 10:56:37 PM »
Since I don't roll GSSR and not rolling for Holmes...

13M DL Banner on CN

I'm still missing Kiyo Lancer out of those 4 and wanted to boost my Summer Mordred to NP2, I did an impulse 10-roll

Got 2 Tama Lancer instead, now my Tama Lancer is NP4 on CN.

« Reply #369 on: July 08, 2019, 03:00:04 AM »
Bit of an oddball question, but I'll just throw it out there in case anyone has better insight into it than me.

My friend also wants to participate in the GSSR, but they don't have a credit card and FGO also doesn't accept gift cards from their local currency as they've learned last time around wasting the equivalent of ~30 bucks. If I want to purchase quartz for them, would that work? Like transferring their FGO account onto my phone, and paying from my NA Google Play account and CC.

Or is the game somehow tied to whatever region they originally created their account from, leaving that whole idea moot and pointless?

Ideally if it works we'd do a little trade and I buy the quartz for them and they just pass me a game through Steam. Buuuut we have no clue if we can even actually do that

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
« Reply #370 on: July 08, 2019, 03:47:00 AM »
Bit of an oddball question, but I'll just throw it out there in case anyone has better insight into it than me.

My friend also wants to participate in the GSSR, but they don't have a credit card and FGO also doesn't accept gift cards from their local currency as they've learned last time around wasting the equivalent of ~30 bucks. If I want to purchase quartz for them, would that work? Like transferring their FGO account onto my phone, and paying from my NA Google Play account and CC.

Or is the game somehow tied to whatever region they originally created their account from, leaving that whole idea moot and pointless?

Ideally if it works we'd do a little trade and I buy the quartz for them and they just pass me a game through Steam. Buuuut we have no clue if we can even actually do that

Did some quick looking up on this as I do not have personal experience with trying something like this. If your friend is using Apple/iOS, you can try buying a US iTunes card. There will be a validation code on the back which you scratch off. You text your friend the code and they redeem that code with the AppStore app. I guess the biggest problem is if the phone will accept the code in US dollars, or their local currency, or if it won't accept it at all. If it accepts it in US Dollars, then they should be able to buy quartz with that credit. If it is the other two, then no luck.

I don't know if transferring the account and transferring it back will work, but you have to remember that each time the account is transferred, that person need to create a new bind code and send it to the recipient. And after the original owner gets it back, they need to create a bind code again for their future protection as well. If someone screws up there, it'll be a nightmare. Also, don't use your own phone with your current NA account to do this with as it would overwrite your own account. I also don't recall if FGO links up to a person's AppleID or SamsungID or not.

But yeah, I really don't know for sure. It might be best to have them find a FGO Discord group and ask someone there if they have personal experience with this.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 03:50:19 AM by Kiro »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #371 on: July 08, 2019, 05:39:23 AM »
Tried my luck on the Holmes Banner with a single 10 roll...

Got a 4* Anniversary CE, a 3* Anniversary CE...
? and one World's Greatest Detective.

The Gacha is forgiven for the GSSR debacle.

On to summer!

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #372 on: July 08, 2019, 05:44:46 AM »
Got two copies of the 3* and the 4* anniversary CE each and not much else with a 10 roll and the Holmes ticket.

Ah well. Still saving up for Abigail, so this'll have to do.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

« Reply #373 on: July 08, 2019, 06:17:32 AM »
Yeah, that's probably the best call, I'll see if we can find someone who has experience with this whole dealio before we try anything.

In other news, I pulled GSSR tonight and... I got MHXA! I'm so happy because she is the most adorable Salterface ever, and since I'm already planning on rolling for Skadi anyways to support my Dantes, I have nothing to worry about for the future in that regard (unless the gacha is cruel to me lmao)

Absolutely nothing else remarkable on the GSSR 10-roll, but I am very pleased with this outcome.

Edit: Also please send help, mama raikou put me into both QP hell and zerker gem hell, and I'm also out of embers, how am I supposed to raise x-chan at this rate
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 06:28:04 AM by Rei Scarlette »

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #374 on: July 08, 2019, 06:31:57 AM »
Yeah, that's probably the best call, I'll see if we can find someone who has experience with this whole dealio before we try anything.

In other news, I pulled GSSR tonight and... I got MHXA! I'm so happy because she is the most adorable Salterface ever, and since I'm already planning on rolling for Skadi anyways to support my Dantes, I have nothing to worry about for the future in that regard (unless the gacha is cruel to me lmao)

Absolutely nothing else remarkable on the GSSR 10-roll, but I am very pleased with this outcome.

Edit: Also please send help, mama raikou put me into both QP hell and zerker gem hell, and I'm also out of embers, how am I supposed to raise x-chan at this rate
How does 1/2 AP Dailies sound?  :3

« Reply #375 on: July 08, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »
How does 1/2 AP Dailies sound?  :3
OH BOY that's pretty sweet I didn't even notice, thanks for mentioning that, this is the perfect opportunity to get it done

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #376 on: July 08, 2019, 01:19:09 PM »
Got absolutely nothing interesting beyond Okita on my GSSR roll and absolutely nothing interesting on a single Holmes banner 10-pull, so I guess after throwing a roll or two at the Summer banners it'll be time to horde for Tomoe. GOLD ARCHERS FOR THE GOLD ARCHER GOD
« Last Edit: July 08, 2019, 01:23:12 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #377 on: July 08, 2019, 02:00:27 PM »
I'm working on Jeanne right now finally, and wow, she has the most intense skillup requirements for the most underwhelming skills. Skills aren't why you play her obvs, but she is greedy. Shouldn't a saint be charitable?!

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #378 on: July 09, 2019, 09:50:00 AM »
Okay, finally got my new phone. Let's see!

Lancelot (Saber), and CAVERN KING. Neat.

(I'm going to have to full whale for Skadi now, aren't I... So many Quick Servants that need her....)
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #379 on: July 10, 2019, 04:45:11 AM »
Oh neat, I pulled Emiya randomly off of the Holmes banner. He's one of the 4*s I wanted most, and I didn't have a rare archer of any kind yet. Got excited when I saw the gold summon animation that it might be Holmes, but as random stuff to stumble across goes this is a nice surprise.

« Reply #380 on: July 10, 2019, 03:20:40 PM »
Who'd have thought that the half AP berserker daily, which is very important to me right now, would coincide with the final day of Azur Lane's current ongoing event, which I had not yet finished?

I pulled an all-nighter and farmed 48 gold zerker cookies for MHXA while also multitasking and finishing off the last bits of AL's hard mode event map. I believe I am now dead inside and outside, I must recharge

Oh yeah and I also need 98 more dragon fangs too so  :ohdear: bone hell sucks, but fang hell costs more AP and has a lower drop rate aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #381 on: July 11, 2019, 05:20:15 AM »
Summer Re-Run is coming up in a couple of days!

Beaches!  Bikinis!  Scathach in a Bikini!

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #382 on: July 12, 2019, 02:44:43 AM »
Finally back after the abnormally long certificate expiration.

Anyway, I found that Mash/Chloe/Support Jeanne with a backup David/Tristan is a pretty safe setup against Memorial Salter this time. You really have to prioritize charging Jeanne's NP before Salter fills hers though, so it might take upwards of 60 turns.

Kasu

• Small medium at large.
  • This soup has an explosive flavour!
« Reply #383 on: July 12, 2019, 03:39:53 AM »
I'm not holding out any hope for Kiyolancer this year since I got spooked by Tamalancer last year, but I certainly wouldn't mind one more event-only servant. Then again though, I feel like that might eat up any luck I might need for the actual Summer event this year.

Apparently, Thomas the Tank Engine isn't one to take crap from anyone.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #384 on: July 12, 2019, 03:41:09 AM »
Finally back after the abnormally long certificate expiration.

Anyway, I found that Mash/Chloe/Support Jeanne with a backup David/Tristan is a pretty safe setup against Memorial Salter this time. You really have to prioritize charging Jeanne's NP before Salter fills hers though, so it might take upwards of 60 turns.
I used a similar line-up against Mem SAlter, though my backup was EMIYA/Anne/Ishtar.  I think it may have gone smoother if I swapped EMIYA and Mash around since he has 3 Arts cards while Mash has 2.  (Plus Archer advantage too).

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #385 on: July 12, 2019, 03:43:20 AM »
If I had realized Summer Mordered was a 4* I might have wasted less quartz chasing Holmes, but whatever.  :D

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
« Reply #386 on: July 12, 2019, 07:19:05 AM »
Dropped a 10-shot on the summer gacha since I don't have a summer servant besides Scathach.

Gold Rider card was the first one.

It was Astolfo. Dammit. Way to get my hopes up.

« Reply #387 on: July 12, 2019, 08:16:37 AM »
I wonder if I should dare try round two at getting surfer Mordred, or if she will only avoid me again?

It might cut into my Summer Alter funds too... Hmmmmph. Tough decisions...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #388 on: July 12, 2019, 01:51:03 PM »
Dropped a 10-shot on the summer gacha since I don't have a summer servant besides Scathach.

Gold Rider card was the first one.

Aaaah I want him send the virtuous prince/ss to meeee

Gonna wait until a day when Summer Mordred is featured before I do my handful of available pulls I guess. If I happen to stumble into Summer Tamamo then that's not really ideal since I have a disproportionate number of lancers already, but it is Tamamo so I guess it would be fine~

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #389 on: July 12, 2019, 02:24:28 PM »
I like how Sc?thach can just change other people's Spirit Origins on a whim.

how dare you
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.