Author Topic: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.  (Read 347795 times)

Re: 東方Project 15 東方紺珠伝 ~ Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom.
« Reply #990 on: August 04, 2015, 08:47:52 PM »
i actually hope he doesn't go full "CAVE" on us lol. i enjoy high difficulty but futari ultra is hard to the point where it's just not fun. I've heard god mode is actually around UFO hard tier?
But that's for another time. 
Touhou games 1cced(sadly on easy mode) MOF,DDC,IN,TD,POFV,UFO,EOSD,SA

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #991 on: August 05, 2015, 01:12:23 AM »
You can get maximum lives before the stage 3 boss now lol.
This change kinda made the demo go from 'quite hard' to 'impossible to fail'.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #992 on: August 05, 2015, 03:06:22 AM »
If you don't suck like me and farm graze at every opportunity.

Are you playing at Hard or Lunatic? Then that's probably why.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Emerald Mint

• Gemstone
« Reply #993 on: August 05, 2015, 06:05:32 AM »
I think 1 million for a chapter bonus is too easy. Something like 3m or higher, could be different for higher stages/difficulty.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #994 on: August 05, 2015, 03:56:37 PM »

Looking forward to seeing those replays!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

« Reply #995 on: August 05, 2015, 06:50:05 PM »
yeah, it did tone down the game substantially.
I'm not really feeling this approach (that is, going life pieces only), I would have preferred something like bombs and lives needing three pieces but you get them in a 3>1>3>1 fashion, but eh... we're probably getting an entirely new system on release anyway

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Arcorann

• hey catgirl
  • Surprisingly unkempt
« Reply #996 on: August 06, 2015, 11:36:30 AM »
Heads up for posters, readers, lurkers and guests: As the opening post lacks proper updates in both screenshots and information, I will remake the thread once the full game is out with new screenshots and existing info + your usual BunBunMaru style reporting. Logically spoilers will be avoided for minimum of 24h.

Could you make sure that there's an actual front page post this time? We still don't have one for either this or 14.5, which makes it look very unmaintained (the newest post is still the one on *that* project, which is now six months old).

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #997 on: August 06, 2015, 11:57:02 AM »
You're right. Some Tengu-ass-spanking needs to be done I see. Unacceptable!

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #998 on: August 06, 2015, 03:20:34 PM »
It's quite unfortunate that the difficulty has been toned down on legacy. I was quite proud in the demo of being able to complete the game on my first shot of it on legacy. Sure it was kind of cheating because I had completed point-device so many times to the point that I knew a good strategy for every spell card and Reisen's bomb is really OP on legacy but it still made me proud. So this game will be the easiest since MOF like I've been telling people after all then?
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #999 on: August 06, 2015, 05:31:17 PM »
So this game will be the easiest since MOF like I've been telling people after all then?
ZUN's release of the updated demo said the final product might be quite different than what we see here; there's no telling what we're going to get. Best to wait for the full release before saying it'll be the easiest. In any case, it's more likely to end up like UFO; you get a boatload of resources, but the attacks are brutal on high difficulties so it's still nearly impossible.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Tengukami

« Reply #1000 on: August 06, 2015, 05:49:14 PM »
Quote from: aListers link=topic=18338.msg1204258#msg1204258
So this game will be the easiest since MOF like I've been telling people after all then?

It's a proud Touhou fandom tradition to write off an entire game based on a rushed demo.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

aListers

• Vocaloid for the win!
  • Gensokyo forever!
    • Newgrounds
« Reply #1001 on: August 06, 2015, 07:11:21 PM »
It's a proud Touhou fandom tradition to write off an entire game based on a rushed demo.

It'll still probably end up my favourite game in the series - point-device mode is still amazing and the soundtrack so far is too. Still, I hope Zun will revert to having a hard legacy mode or change it up a little bit like that. I'll still argue that no matter what, point-device mode has made the game much easier than at least the last 3 though.
???-2004?=dark ages, 2005?=atomic betty era, 2006=red dwarf era, 2007-2009=newgrounds era, 2009-2014= anime era.

Been good talking to you all. Gensokyo gu braith!

Tengukami

« Reply #1002 on: August 06, 2015, 07:32:01 PM »
I'll still argue that no matter what, point-device mode has made the game much easier than at least the last 3 though.

Well the important thing is you've already decided you're right, no matter what the full game turns out to be.

Light-hearted kidding aside, ZUN did say with the web demo release that we can expect the full version to be "much different" than what we're looking at now. I also hope the difficulty pushes back up a little, but I think he'll have that covered. For some reason I think we have little to worry about.

ZM

• Overly Eager
  • Sanae~
« Reply #1003 on: August 06, 2015, 08:31:09 PM »
This game feels like it'll definitely be tougher than TD and DDC. I'm glad it'll be up there with UFO in terms of difficulty.

I plan on jumping straight into Hard, and I'm looking forward to the last three stages!

Maple

• Mukyuu!
« Reply #1004 on: August 06, 2015, 08:35:56 PM »
I still don't have the web demo, so some questions that weren't asked in the last pages:

Are there changes in the danmaku, more/less/faster/slower bullets from enemies or bosses?
New glitches? Are the graphical glitches from the last demo left intact?
I already asked this some pages back: Sanae has explosive frogs. Do these explosions do any damage or it's merely an aesthetic effect? The explosions are way bigger than in UFO, obscuring the enemies and i can't see the damage animation.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1005 on: August 06, 2015, 09:29:51 PM »
The glitches were fixed, less sure about the others.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #1006 on: August 06, 2015, 10:20:43 PM »
I'll still argue that no matter what, point-device mode has made the game much easier than at least the last 3 though.

That's because PD is Touhou's Casual Mode, it lets you retry indefinitely, and saves your progress too.

I don't really think it's that close to UFO (not random enough), I see it more like SA, where like 80% of patterns are "fail once, then never fail again". It's definitely not like MoF (although I can see the comparison, both games have a lot of aimed stuff)

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #1007 on: August 07, 2015, 02:32:06 AM »
So... Any speculations as to when the game will be released on Playism? I'm hoping it won't be long after Comiket. I don't know how well the Playism TH14 sales went, but I hope it was successful enough for ZUN to continue using it as a sales platform.

Abraham Lincoln

• Mendelssohn for President 2016
  • Make Bach Great Again!
« Reply #1008 on: August 07, 2015, 10:05:32 AM »
I can't wait to see the new characters and listen to the new soundtracks in the full version.

« Reply #1009 on: August 07, 2015, 10:06:30 AM »
The glitches were fixed, less sure about the others.

I'll miss Mastersparking Ringo and having her use master spark back at myself ;;

Tengukami

« Reply #1010 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:30 PM »
Oh, yes. Really going to miss "Chapter Finish" in 48pt font floating in circles around the screen while I'm trying to see what I'm dodging. That was some next level fourth wall shit right there.

« Reply #1011 on: August 07, 2015, 04:25:25 PM »
I can't wait to see the new characters and listen to the new soundtracks in the full version.

As am I

And to us people that have a folder completely dedicated to Touhou games on our hard drives; good, bad, hard, easy, bad art, good art, hate music/characters, love music/characters... We are going to get the game anyway because... complete collection!  :D

Tengukami

« Reply #1012 on: August 07, 2015, 05:12:20 PM »
Yeah I think that's a pretty safe bet. I know it's my plan anyway.

Although I've never gotten the fighting games, because I'm not really crazy about fighting games, but I don't feel my collection lacks them. More power to those who enjoy learning combos!

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #1013 on: August 07, 2015, 05:50:23 PM »

I think that's because Touhou has very little information of the final version aside from one blog post, and two demos.
Not saying I'd like a bit more information about the game development but do you remember times like UFO demo on March, nothing till August?

Those were the times.

« Reply #1014 on: August 07, 2015, 08:14:20 PM »
The information about upcoming games is still very scarce, considering how huge a thing Touhou is. Independent developers generally love spamming screenshots, trailer videos, social media stuff all over the place months before a release. It's what people think marketing is about, but would it really add any value to a franchise like Touhou, where the actual playable games speak for themselves?

I've always appreciated the mysterious aspect surrounding Touhou releases, like how ZUN went through the trouble of blocking the new boss characters from the latest teaser screenshots. It leaves just enough room for speculation, and comes off as more personal somehow. Even seeing the cover art feels like something festive.
check http://vsoft.life/ for runs & creations
latest stream: Hollow Song of Birds Hard 1cc (OrangeReimu) @ https://youtu.be/eDFd4FHEjXg

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1015 on: August 07, 2015, 10:29:34 PM »
Well, when you think about it, the demo already includes nearly half the game, even if it's the earlier slightly less thrilling half. How much can you expect him to reveal beforehand?

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #1016 on: August 07, 2015, 10:40:24 PM »
Well, when you think about it, the demo already includes nearly half the game, even if it's the earlier slightly less thrilling half. How much can you expect him to reveal beforehand?

Ya, exactly. I think the same.
Believe me, I'm not saying I'd like ZUN posting tons of bullet patterns or similar on twitter, I'd rather dislike it in fact.
Just said I think it's normal people tend to think how the game is gonna be using demos as a reference as they're the only source of information.

I've always appreciated the mysterious aspect surrounding Touhou releases, like how ZUN went through the trouble of blocking the new boss characters from the latest teaser screenshots. It leaves just enough room for speculation, and comes off as more personal somehow. Even seeing the cover art feels like something festive.

Exactly this. I get totally hyped when I see just a little screenshot or even the cover art of the games .

Tengukami

« Reply #1017 on: August 07, 2015, 10:59:48 PM »
The information about upcoming games is still very scarce, considering how huge a thing Touhou is. Independent developers generally love spamming screenshots, trailer videos, social media stuff all over the place months before a release. It's what people think marketing is about, but would it really add any value to a franchise like Touhou, where the actual playable games speak for themselves?

Pretty much my feelings on the matter, which is precisely why I find rushing to judgement a little weird where Touhou is concerned. A dearth of information, if anything, should make a person more reluctant to make presumptions about the full version; not less. Especially when the game creator makes it a point to remind people that the full version is going to be a lot different.

One of the best things about the series, for me anyway, are those final weeks and days leading up to a release. It's a magical time. I think it would be less so if we were getting spammed with screenshots and updates all the time - would probably have an antihype effect on me, to be honest.

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
« Reply #1018 on: August 09, 2015, 07:13:13 PM »
I imagine whoever ends up being the extra stage boss, perhaps has something to do with Sumireko coming to Gensokyo by dreaming? stage 3 seems a fitting scenario for extra stage I believe.

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #1019 on: August 09, 2015, 11:36:07 PM »
I imagine whoever ends up being the extra stage boss, perhaps has something to do with Sumireko coming to Gensokyo by dreaming? stage 3 seems a fitting scenario for extra stage I believe.

Yeah, I kinda think stage 3 is gonna be the extra stage as well (maybe not, who knows).
Whatever, what I've thought is two extra stages with two different modes ? one stage is unlocked by beating the game on Pointdevice Mode while the other beating Legacy Mode.

Yep, pretty sure it won't happen, I know, but it would make sense; some sort.