Author Topic: Humanity should have read the cards better! {CAH Thread}  (Read 1459 times)

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
Humanity should have read the cards better! {CAH Thread}
« on: September 20, 2013, 02:38:07 PM »
Having not seen the card game thread for a while, I figured I'd post about this one...

Cards Against Humanity. [Be warned, it may give examples of the cards at the top of the screen; so watch out for mature answers.]

Has any of you ever heard of it? Have any of you played it?
I guess one of the best ways to describe it is... a more twisted version of Blankety Blank? Or just a game with a sick sense of humour...

But yeah, it revolves around people playing 'white answer' cards to either fill in the blanks or answer the 'black topic' card in play. It can be... pretty NSFW with the answers you can put down. Playing the game IRL, each player takes it in turn to reveal the black card, and everyone else hands in their white card choice face-down. The topic starter then reads them out; subject to pains in their side from laughter depending on what is on them. That person then picks one they deem the best answer for whatever reason they like; whoever submitted that card gets a point. And play continues.

There is an online version of the game that the makers have found, and actually shared, down the line; which plays the same way, except all cards get revealed at the same time, as opposed to one-by-one. That can be found here : http://pyz.socialgamer.net/game.jsp

Now the way it's set up is that there are many rooms people can go to; and whilst it does advise that anything more then 10 in a room makes card selection a crowded thing, you can have a good deal of people in a game at a time. Of course, there's no vocal representation; which I think is a critical part of the game. Which is why I thought... we have a TeamSpeak channel! We could use that to gather people who want to play, or via Skype if people get picky. But in short... would anyone be interested in playing a game of it? Could do it as a meet-up thing. (If that does happen, would this get moved into the Battle Arena?)

And if anyone doesn't like the game, that's fine. Aoshi, Puppy, and I played the game last night... It was hilarious... until Puppy got an allergy attack, and I had to leave Aoshi behind. =(

{In short - Do any of you oppose Humanity? Have you wiped it on someone's back lately? If so, I've got the game for you~ :V }

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
Re: Humanity should have read the cards better! {CAH Thread}
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2013, 02:46:55 PM »
Oh, this game. My friends and I enjoy playing this over a few drinks and it never disappoints.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2013, 02:48:10 PM »
I would most certainly be up for a game of Cards against Humanity, especially with voice chat.

I have been playing it with people like Arashi and Stein, it is fun.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2013, 03:14:05 PM »
I've heard of a game that's basically this, but it was called Tiramisu, after the dessert,.

IDK why.

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2013, 03:57:02 PM »
I have spent many a night with friends playing Cards Against Humanity.  So many.

I wish I had some of my best responses so far--oh wait here's some.

What's Batman's guilty pleasure? 
Spoiler:
Dead parents
Spoiler:
An Oedipus Complex
.  Kid-tested, mother approved.
I never truly understood
Spoiler:
uppercuts
until I encountered
Spoiler:
the four arms of Vishnu
Lifetime presents
Spoiler:
a moment of silence
, the story of
Spoiler:
a mime having a stroke
In the seventh circle of hell, sinners must endure
Spoiler:
a power point presentation
for all eternity
Ladies and gentlemen, buckle your seatbelts and prepare for
Spoiler:
special music guest, Cher!

If I remember others I'll share them and I would be up for playing with people sometime probs.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2013, 05:39:34 PM »
Oh god this game brings the best laughs ever in a game.

What's the next superhero/sidekick duo?
Spoiler:
Bill Nye the Science Guy
and
Spoiler:
Genghis Khan
What do you see a lot of in heaven?
Spoiler:
Dying
(or)
Spoiler:
old people

Those two are answers that I remember at the top of my head atm. I can't remember the question about bringing stuff to kids in Africa or something like that though, but it was hilarious.

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2013, 12:45:31 PM »
A+ game, highly recommended :V.
I might be interested in playing.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Tamashii Kanjou

• If you didn't quite already know...
  • I am the leader of TCF <3
    • TCF's Gaming Channel
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2013, 05:39:00 PM »
We'll be aiming to gather people at some point in the coming weeks. Let us know what date you could make it on, and we'll try to work out time-zones whilst we're at it~ ^^