Author Topic: "Defensive behaviors from Touhou bosses against spellcard cheating" list  (Read 23603 times)

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
Re: "Defensive behaviors from Touhou bosses against spellcard cheating" list
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2013, 07:48:04 PM »
I know Kogasa has tried to ram me during her raindrop spell on Lunatic before. It gets triggered if I'm bombing it with SanaeB (as SanaeB, overlapping a boss and unfocusing does more damage, so that's what I do while bombing).

And I think the raindrops might only spawn on the edge of the bubble, not anywhere inside it.

I just saw Stradivarius mentioned just now and I realised I'd never even seen this attack on hard, so I tried it out and found this one. It might be worth noting this behaviour is still present, but slightly different on the other difficulties (I only tested easy and it gave me a different kind of defensive shot)  although from what I can tell it isn't necessary on anything but hard mode since this attack changes so drastically between difficulties.

I think I'll go ahead and add this to the wiki myself, although I guess I'll add it here too anyway. If it's worth adding the other difficulty behaviours since they seem to be different to the rings on hard mode i can add them too. I still haven't seen the normal/lunatic cards yet.

* No 51  神弦「ストラディヴァリウス」 Spirit Strings "Stradivarius"
* Owner: Lunasa Prismriver
* Stage: 4
* Difficulty: Hard
* Possible spellcard cheat comment: The attack is designed to give little time to react so bullets are spawning close to the bottom of the screen far away from Lunasa.
* Behavior comment: Fires rings of bullets when you get too close.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Well I think that it's worth to add the other difficult behaviors only if they really change in different difficult modes (not only the bullet density/speed, because this is supposed to change normally). For example in the IN page I posted all spellcards from Keine's three treasures because the color change and the spellcards itself are different.

And thank you for adding it to the wiki following the spellcard guidelines :)
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Okay, I put easy/normal together because the cards are exactly the same and the type of shot is also the same. Added Lunatic separately, it does the same thing as hard but the spell itself is very changed. 

* Kasumi's midboss, first and second nonspells
* Owner: Kasumi Shindou
* Stage: 4
* Difficulty: Any
* Possible spellcard cheat comment: It would be safe at the top of the screen
* Behavior comment: She shoots upwards.
Getting clipped since Feb. 2012.

Youtube

Tumblr

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Hmmm I saw one behavior like this one in Touhou 9.5 at the spellcard 8-6. Kaguya starts to shoot the yellow lines upwards when you try to stay at the top of the screen, but I thought that it was pretty simple because it's like an one-dimension streaming shoot so I didn't included it on the wiki pages. Now I am starting to think that it can be classified as a Defensive Behavior too, what do you guys think about these kind of spellcards?
My youtube channel with my creations: https://www.youtube.com/user/KazeSenshi2929
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
I wouldn't classify it as defensive behavior. the yellow lines are aimed, so it's no surprise she shots them upwards when you go above her. the same goes for kasumi.  as messy as it looks, that whole thing is aimed.

Can we not have fan games

Zil

The walls in Seamless Ceiling aren't really aimed. They just fall straight down. I assume it must've been specifically programmed to shoot up if you go above her, so I'd say that counts.

But yeah, let's not include fan games.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Why we shouldn't include fan games? There are some good fan games that are pretty popular with good stages and creative patterns, also in the end these games will be in a different session at the wiki, separated from the canonic ones.

The walls in Seamless Ceiling aren't really aimed. They just fall straight down. I assume it must've been specifically programmed to shoot up if you go above her, so I'd say that counts.

Good argument, programming effort.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Karisa

• Extend!
In that case, it'd be worth also including Flying Insect's Nest (Satori ReimuA). The lasers shoot upward if you're above their spawn points.

I think there are more examples of that, though I can't think of any right now.

Zil

Why we shouldn't include fan games? There are some good fan games that are pretty popular with good stages and creative patterns, also in the end these games will be in a different session at the wiki, separated from the canonic ones.
Well, it's a lot to keep track of, hard to verify things, and it's not clear where the line between good fan games and bad fan games should be drawn in the first place. Then even just a single game can have different versions. Like Marine Benefit for instance. There have been a number of versions of that game, with safespots being removed, patterns being replaced, etc. And patterns from fan games are probably not going to be what most people where looking for anyway. But if they've got their own section then I guess it's ok. I'm not really familiar with how the wiki generally deals with fan games or anything anyway, so never mind what I said.

I think there are more examples of that, though I can't think of any right now.
I think Gengetsu's first pattern might actually do something like that. It was a while ago when I tried it though, and I might have been imagining it.

Oh, and Hanako-san in the Toilet, iirc.

Sparen

• Danmakufu Artist
  • Git ready, git set, PUUSH!
    • AFCDTech
Well, it's a lot to keep track of, hard to verify things, and it's not clear where the line between good fan games and bad fan games should be drawn in the first place. Then even just a single game can have different versions. Like Marine Benefit for instance. There have been a number of versions of that game, with safespots being removed, patterns being replaced, etc. And patterns from fan games are probably not going to be what most people where looking for anyway.

CtC and SA Phantasm are on that list, you know. But yes, only established games should be logged (i.e, not prone to change).

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Well when I have time I'll put the following spellcards on wiki list:

* Kaguya's 8-6 spellcard from StB;
* Satori's Kaguya copy spellcard from DS;
* Shindou's spellcard;
* Satori's Flying Insect's Nest ;

Also I'll let the fangames section on wiki with some "established" games (MB and CtC for while). Maybe I'll add a disclaimer talking that the game can change with the time, anyway it is an open page and anyone can fix something that become invalid with a new game update.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

RNG

• Lord of all that Bullshits
The name is clunky as hell. I'd suggest changing it to "Anti-Safespotting Attacks" but idk if that's possible in a wiki format.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Before starting to edit the wiki I suggested this name and waited sometime for someone else's opinion. Since anyone complained about it I let this name. Now I think that it's too late to change it, sorry  :ohdear:
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Yatakarasu

• Always failing, sometimes winning!
  • Fail mode activate!
I thought the long name was part of the joke.

Normal Clears: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Hard Clears: PoFV, SA, TD, DDC
Extra Clears: PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC
Current touhou goal: Improve! ...1cc more Hard Modes

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
I thought the long name was part of the joke.
Well I chose that long name because I wanted to make a generic concept, you can apply it for spellcards, non-spellcards and any other kind of bullet pattern attack. If you don't want to type the whole name you can just call it Defensive Behavior or DB :V
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

DDC stage2 2nd boss spellcard where multiple heads shoot lazers at you. Getting close to the boss makes her shoot dense pink rings.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
Oh that is true :) but I'll wait for the game's final version until posting new things in the wiki. The game contents may change with the final version.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #50 on: August 17, 2013, 05:20:36 AM »
Well sorry for the bump but I think that this is the right place to post it instead of creating a new post...

DDC stage2 2nd boss spellcard where multiple heads shoot lazers at you. Getting close to the boss makes her shoot dense pink rings.

So I confirmed this behavior on th14 version 1.00b. If someone finds something like this one please show it for me :)
 Also it seems that the layout is a bit broken :( Later I'll update the wiki and try to fix it.

[attach=1]
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
« Reply #51 on: August 19, 2013, 04:06:44 AM »
I've seen the wiki entry you are making for this...

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Bullet_Pattern_Cheat_Defensive_Behavior

This behavior is called ペナルティ弾 "penalty bullets" in the Japanese fandom, and 护身弹 "self-defense bullets" in the Chinese fandom. A similarly pithy name would be better.
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Karisa

• Extend!
« Reply #52 on: August 19, 2013, 06:22:24 AM »
I've been referring to Sekibanki's as "proximity bullets". Though not all of the examples in this thread are from being within a certain distance of the boss.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #53 on: August 20, 2013, 04:15:18 AM »
I've seen the wiki entry you are making for this...

http://en.touhouwiki.net/wiki/Bullet_Pattern_Cheat_Defensive_Behavior

This behavior is called ペナルティ弾 "penalty bullets" in the Japanese fandom, and 护身弹 "self-defense bullets" in the Chinese fandom. A similarly pithy name would be better.

Oh, they chose a good name but Yoshika and Futo use their bodies instead of use bullets to punish the player :V

Anyway I can change that long name for one of these that you said but I think that I'll need to talk with some admin to do this. What name do you guys prefer?
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #54 on: September 01, 2013, 09:06:07 AM »
Only spellcards allowed?
DDC Stage6 final boss nospell#2 second phase. Bullets start falling upwards towards players side if player is high enough. Replay of the exact behaviour.

Kaze_Senshi

• Ehhhhh...
  • Pale Apple
    • My youtube channel
« Reply #55 on: September 01, 2013, 08:19:44 PM »
Non-spellcards are allowed too but this case I don't think that it can be categorized as a Defensive Behavior. For me it looks like Suwako's first spellcard where you can misdirect some bullets by staying on the top of the screen for some seconds, it looks like a glitch.
( ゆっくりしていってね)>

« Reply #56 on: September 01, 2013, 08:43:21 PM »
It's not a glitch, the second phase is all aimed from the start in a peculiar fashion (and it doesn't get "stuck" like Suwako's first spell either). I wouldn't categorize it as defensive behavior either, as it is just another perfectly viable safespot/supergraze.

Here's a demo on how to do it on lunatic
"you never know, you may have the best strats in the world" - Zil

Immortal Momiji!