Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 109961 times)

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #270 on: September 30, 2017, 09:23:16 PM »
This is something I know a normal person would rage at, but when that happened to me I was just laughing.
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=44016
Hourai Elixir is so hard, I would totally rage.
Let's start again

« Reply #271 on: October 01, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »
Doing attempts at EoSD LNB:
>gameovers to Scarlet Gensokyo
"Well, never mind. Guess I'll try again."
>perfects Stage 5 for the first time ever and enters Stage 6 with four spare lives then gameovers to Scarlet Gensokyo
"Urgh, that hurts! Well, I guess I can give it another credit even though I'm not gonna get anything this good again anytime soon."
>perfects Patchouli and gets to Remilia with four spare lives then gameovers to Scarlet Gensokyo

No seriously, what?! This. Freaking. Game. I don't even think there are appropriate words to react to this. And no, I'm not fine!

« Reply #272 on: October 01, 2017, 10:30:06 PM »
Ehh!?! EASY MODO!?!

I am halfway on normal now, you happy?
Anyways, after clearing Imperishable night in normal like months ago... I tried 1 run again.

I died several times on Keine. Hell, I felt too fast on Marisa/Alice team and too slow from the Border team. The hell? I guess thats a bad effect from playing too much Marisa on th10-later.

IIRawsomeII

• Treat me as you will
    • Rawcode Studios
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2017, 12:15:45 AM »
I am halfway on normal now, you happy?
Anyways, after clearing Imperishable night in normal like months ago... I tried 1 run again.

I died several times on Keine. Hell, I felt too fast on Marisa/Alice team and too slow from the Border team. The hell? I guess thats a bad effect from playing too much Marisa on th10-later.
Sorry if It looked like offended you. I remember the time Reimu kicked my a** in IN.
Let's start again

« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2017, 11:31:39 AM »
Sorry if It looked like offended you. I remember the time Reimu kicked my a** in IN.

Eh, I'm chill. To be honest, I never actually played against Reimue for no actual reason. Maybe Marisa was too fast for me because of the input delay. Or maybe th10-16 has completely different engine.

Who knows.

Anyone knows the touhou boss rush game for android? The one that has 5 stages? I aced all of those in normal and hard (except Satori, I do not know why I fail at her) but for some damn reason I can't pull it off in the real games.

Life sucks. Hehe

« Reply #275 on: October 04, 2017, 03:52:21 PM »
it's japanese characters so idk the name, but i think i found the game on moriya.Also, fuck touch controls

« Reply #276 on: October 20, 2017, 05:36:36 PM »
Curved lasers.
Curved lasers.
Curved lasers.

My brain just can't comprehend them. I either get his by some random stuff trying to predict a curved lasers path or get straightup hit by them due to brainlag.

« Reply #277 on: October 21, 2017, 11:15:57 PM »
Got to Okina on LNBNR, with only three misses by that point.
I then proceeded to die to literally everything after Halo and gameovered. Fun times.

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

« Reply #278 on: October 25, 2017, 09:18:20 PM »
You could say I'm new to 2hu. I'm close to a month in on attempting to 1cc Eosd and am at about 34 or so attempts and it may sound strange but I seem to only be getting worse as of late. I play for about 2 hours straight at a time and build up a little bit of familiarity and reflex only to lose focus and have it completely vanish after continued attempts. I know I shouldn't play these games if I'm not good at them but I'd like to put at least EOSD under my belt. Is there something I'm doing wrong?

« Reply #279 on: October 26, 2017, 10:17:58 AM »
I'd say losing focus after a while is normal - when I was doing LNB-attempts I noticed that my best attempts would happen at the beginning of my lengthy playsessions. For 1CC's in particular I also had the problem that as I got more comfortable with dodging all the patterns I also got less willing to bomb which led to dying a lot with bombs in stock. Maybe you're having the same issue?
Don't worry about feeling that you're getting worse. If you're trying something for a long time, chances are on that you're also going to have some bad days just because you statistically have more opportunities to do badly. It might also just be your standards rising - when starting out with something, being bad is normal but if you do well it feels amazing. The more you go on, the more does doing well become normal and when you happen to play lousy it feels like being "worse than you should" and thus really bothering. This can't really be helped in my experience - just stick with it and you'll get it eventually. Seeing how you've stuck with it for a month without giving up you should definitely have the perseverance necessary for this. And perseverance is the only thing that's truly required for those games, after all!
"I know I shouldn't play these games if I'm not good at them" - dear god, reading something like this upsets me every time. Please don't! Everyone who's good at Touhou now got there because of playing the games, even when they were bad. Also, what is bad? There are players who can 1CC some games on Lunatic without even using bombs and still consider themselves "bad". Being in a community is great, comparing yourself to otherwise is nice too, but don't take it too seriously. It's best if you play for having fun.
If you don't see any improvements over some time you can try learning better strategies (quite some hard parts in EoSD can be made absolutely easy with the right strategy). There's no shame in copying strategies from others, watching their replays, searching on YouTube and the like. Trying different shots may help too, if only for being a change when you get bored over trying the same thing for too long.
Question of personal interest - what difficulty are you attempting and what's the farthest you've gotten yet? I wish you all the best of luck; also you may send me a private message if you have specific questions.

« Reply #280 on: October 26, 2017, 01:39:42 PM »
Get this, I was just on my best run of PCB so far, (I'm pretty new to it so please don't laugh). Just about up to the prism rivers with about 6 lives and 3 bombs and realized I had to leave for work and instead of pausing the game and alt tabbing like any sane schmuck would do, I instantly alt+f4'd. I promptly collapsed immediately after as the impact of my actions hit my brain like a mack truck. Here's to hoping I can get that run back later.

« Reply #281 on: October 26, 2017, 06:34:11 PM »
You can. It's heartbreaking to lose a good run to something silly like that, but if you can get that run in the first place, you can always get another run that's as good or even better. I can't count the number of times I've lost a run to pausing and then hitting "R" when I get back to the game -- I've played enough Touhou to have built that up as a natural association.

As for EoSD, don't worry about it. You'll continue to have fluctuations between good runs and horrible failures, but overall your playing strength will improve over time, and you'll definitely get that 1cc if you keep at it. My first 1cc when I was a new player took three weeks, and that was MoF, which is generally considered an easier game.

« Reply #282 on: October 26, 2017, 07:21:46 PM »
I recommend practicing the latter stages separately in practice mode first. It's easier to learn and less stressful when you only have to worry about one stage at a time. After you're comfortable with all of them, 1cc should be within reach.

« Reply #283 on: October 28, 2017, 09:53:50 PM »
Lost an Easy NMNBNR with a tiny healthbar portion remaining on the final card. Fortunately, it was my very first attempt, so it probably won't take too long to get back there.

Still, Autumn final is definitely my most hated Easy card in the entire series.

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #284 on: December 12, 2017, 10:29:38 PM »
Tfw you reach DDC stage 6 with 7 lives and 2 bombs and Shinmyoumaru robs everything except one spare life.

That was my first somewhat decent DDC Hard 1cc, but the fight against Shinmyoumaru in this run was particularly upsetting. I've died on multiple spellcards that I usually could capture with some effort. I guess I got a bit cocky now that I've finally managed to gather and maintain a decent amount of lives before reaching stage 6.
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

« Reply #285 on: December 14, 2018, 10:57:35 PM »
Not sure if this is the right thread for this. Not raging. Just very very sad.

Got a 1-miss EX clear with the miss on Mishaguji after I'd killed it. I was so looking forward to sharing that on TRS. Then I accidentally selected quit without saving replay.

Devastated.

« Reply #286 on: January 21, 2019, 02:33:32 AM »
Now that I'm officially through with Subterranean Animism due to how fucking difficult it is, time to try MoF Hard since I already 1cc'd IN hard.

(plays game with homing amulet)

(runs into a fairy at the end of stage 2's stage portion)

WHY WOULD YOU, STAGE 2?!

(resets entire 1cc over due to Stage 2 death)

(no misses stage 1)

(has one of my most stupid fairy-hitbox induced deaths)

WHY WOULD YOU, STAGE 2 AMULET FAIRY?!?!??!

Two stupid stage 2 deaths. TWO. FUCKING. STUPID. STAGE. 2. DEATHS.

My arm has a metal-like dent in it from my nail today. I CAN NEVER FUCKING TOUHOU.

I COULD FUCKING 1CC FOR SHIT ON NORMAL EXCEPT SA AND LOLK LEGACY. WHAT HAPPENED TO THAT? HAVE I NOT DEVELOPED HARD MODE SKILLS YET? DO I NEED TO GO BACK TO FUCKISM?!?!??!

i need a hot cocoa pronto now
« Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:18:16 AM by Kilgamayan »

Crescendo

• Trying to be a little less lazy
  • ;
« Reply #287 on: January 21, 2019, 09:45:24 PM »
I almost finally 1CC'd SA when I bit the bullet (heh) at Okuu's final spell. Definitely could've made it with one more life.

Where did that extra life go, you ask?

By dying right after another death as I was recollecting my power-ups on the final stage.  Just... golly.

My disappointment is immeasurable. I even had a good Orin run that time.    :getdown:
Normal 1cc's: EoSD(RA), PCB(SA), IN(BT), MoF(RA), SA(MC), UFO(RB), TD(R), DDC(SA), PDLoLK(Reimu, 921 tries), HSiFS(CWin)
Fangame 1cc's: HSoB-Normal(SPurple,KWhite)
Current goals:  EoSD hard, EoSD extra.
Attempting the art of danmakufu.

« Reply #288 on: January 22, 2019, 12:01:39 AM »
Did me getting 2-run-tainting Stage 2 deaths in a row really happen AGAIN?!?!?
 :colonveeplusalpha:
That sound when you die hurts my soul every time I hear it. Even if it's not occuring in the game, but in a remix as a Touhou reference.

« Reply #289 on: January 22, 2019, 12:29:41 AM »

I BLAME ALL THREE CLIPDEATHS THAT HAPPENED PRIOR FOR THIS
CURSE YOU GAME OVER MUSIC that music always laughs at me when I lose a 1cc
Seriously. Was ZUN fucking high when he hardened the latter half of the game? The stage portion of stages 4/6 were like the Extra stage, only worse.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2019, 12:32:28 AM by Hotheart123 »

Crescendo

• Trying to be a little less lazy
  • ;
« Reply #290 on: February 07, 2019, 01:19:37 AM »
*Trying to push through Graze Inferno in point device*

*It's not going well, I keep stupidly running into bullets more times than I actually get cornered*

*Goes to practice mode's Clownpiece for a breath of fresh air*

*CAPTURES GRAZE INFERNO IN PRACTICE* :colonveeplusalpha:
Normal 1cc's: EoSD(RA), PCB(SA), IN(BT), MoF(RA), SA(MC), UFO(RB), TD(R), DDC(SA), PDLoLK(Reimu, 921 tries), HSiFS(CWin)
Fangame 1cc's: HSoB-Normal(SPurple,KWhite)
Current goals:  EoSD hard, EoSD extra.
Attempting the art of danmakufu.

« Reply #291 on: February 21, 2019, 04:58:46 AM »
I'm getting extremely frustrated with Touhou 9. I can get to Eiki with 4 extra lives and it still means nothing. On my final of the extra lives I made it to about 3:40 and after nearly a minute straight of having my screen spammed with bullets I finally went down. I genuinely don't understand the difficulty in this game. It's not even that it's hard like LoLK, it just feels extremely erratic. Like there's times where I feel like I'm being forced to pull off stunts in normal mode on par to some of the stuff I've done in lunatic before and then other times bosses drop like bricks.

I sort of feel like I'm doing something wrong but I have no idea what. I've heard that when you lose a life on a boss they're suppose to get easier but I felt even by my last attempt I was actually doing extremely well until the endless waves of bullet spam and eventually my level 2s just couldn't clear it anymore  :(

« Reply #292 on: May 11, 2019, 04:44:54 PM »
(Ahem)

HOW THE FUCK DOES MOUNTAIN OF FAITH HAVE ONE OF THE EASIER HARD MODES?!?!?

« Reply #293 on: May 12, 2019, 11:10:24 PM »
WHAT THE HELL KANAKO
I DID A DECENT FUCKING JOB ON STAGE 4 AND YOU AND LUIGI REIMU HAD TO FUCK EVERYTHING UP
FUCK YOU KANAKO I'M GONNA KILL YOU. I DON'T CARE IF YOUR HEALTH BAR IS BIGGER THAN RINNOSUKE'S HOTDOG, I'M GONNA KILL YOU AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

« Reply #294 on: May 13, 2019, 12:01:45 AM »
AGHHHHHHHHHHHHH
FUCK YOU ARROW DANMAKU, FUCK YOU STAGE 4, FUCK YOU MoF HARD, FUCK YOU AYA
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I'M GOING TO MOD THE FUCKING GAME OVER MUSIC OUT OF THIS GAME. I DON'T CARE IF ZUN WANTED THE GAME OVER TO BE LESS LONELY, IT IS LAUGHING AT MY PAIN AND SUFFERING.

« Reply #295 on: May 13, 2019, 12:38:48 AM »

FUCK YOU KANAKO FUCK YOU STAGE 6 FUCK YOU SANAE FUCK YOU MIDBOSS SANAE

I ACTUALLY FUCKING DID A GOOD JOB ON STAGE 4 THANKS TO MARISA A, AND YOU WENT AND MADE ME LOSE YET ANOTHER 1CC

I FUCKING HATE YOU ALL I ACTUALLY GOT SOMEWHERE WITH THE GAME BUT NOPE FUCKING NOPE YOU JUST HAD TO FUCKING SCREW IT UP FOR ME AGAIN LET'S FUCKING MAKE MARISA CLIP, FOLLOWED BY GANG RAPE INDUCED BY STAGE 6 AND KANAKO

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #296 on: May 13, 2019, 12:40:08 PM »
Calm down, broseph. There are ways to express frustration without quadruple-posting profanity-laden all caps tirades. I suggest you find them and use them if you need to post here in the future.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2019, 03:50:19 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #297 on: May 14, 2019, 06:43:32 AM »
FUCK YOU KANAKO FUCK YOU STAGE 6 FUCK YOU SANAE FUCK YOU MIDBOSS SANAE

I ACTUALLY FUCKING DID A GOOD JOB ON STAGE 4 THANKS TO MARISA A, AND YOU WENT AND MADE ME LOSE YET ANOTHER 1CC

I FUCKING HATE YOU ALL I ACTUALLY GOT SOMEWHERE WITH THE GAME BUT NOPE FUCKING NOPE YOU JUST HAD TO FUCKING SCREW IT UP FOR ME AGAIN LET'S FUCKING MAKE MARISA CLIP, FOLLOWED BY GANG RAPE INDUCED BY STAGE 6 AND KANAKO

Honestly, this is a good time to step away and take a small break. I know from personal experience just how hard it can be to play effectively when you're determined to get a 1cc but start getting too frustrated. You might find you do a lot better after a little bit of a breather.