Author Topic: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17  (Read 112564 times)

Pruns

• Dearest wish, hide this stupid nickname set below
Re: THE GAME CHEATED!! - Touhou Rage Thread #17
« Reply #150 on: September 03, 2016, 05:34:19 PM »
THE GAME CHEATED FOR REAL !!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vmx8V_JTEc8
Touhou 東方邪星章 - The Last Comer ,  at 14:43 ,  I just died exactly when Lucifer appears ...  the result ?   NO BOMB GIVEN ON MY NEXT LIFE

why Ido  .. why ?

Just happened on my best attempt,  that's soooooo unfair  :/   

Lollipop

• stay woke
  • literally and figuratively dying
« Reply #151 on: September 03, 2016, 10:48:49 PM »
Started Stage 5 on MoF with 7 lives, came out with 2.

oops

(It was still the farthest I've ever gotten)
Touhou 1CCS:
Hard: LLS, EoSD(NB), PCB(NB), IN, MoF, TD, DDC(NB), LoLK
Lunatic: EoSD, PCB, DDC, LoLK
Extra: LLS, EoSD, PCB(Extra&Phantasm), IN, MoF, SA, DDC, LoLK
Current Focus: 1cc SA Hard, or an Extra

« Reply #152 on: September 04, 2016, 01:14:21 AM »
All right, I think it's about time to download Magical Singular Day...

- googles it
- not a single working link

...well, okay then. I guess it's back to PT.  :colbert:

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #153 on: September 04, 2016, 02:15:34 AM »
All right, I think it's about time to download Magical Singular Day...

- googles it
- not a single working link

...well, okay then. I guess it's back to PT.  :colbert:
The original MSD should be at http://www.mediafire.com/download/zyyl5wgwr32iu60/Magical+Singular+Day.zip .
A few quick searches gave me nothing for the -Absolution- version, and I don't have it myself, so the best advice I've got is to find and ask Jaimers for it.

« Reply #154 on: September 04, 2016, 03:06:41 AM »
The original MSD should be at http://www.mediafire.com/download/zyyl5wgwr32iu60/Magical+Singular+Day.zip .
A few quick searches gave me nothing for the -Absolution- version, and I don't have it myself, so the best advice I've got is to find and ask Jaimers for it.
Thanks! I played a little bit of it, it seems really awesome so far. Only issue is that boss fights seem to be over really quick; I'm not sure if I was using an OP shot by accident (MarisaC) or if they just naturally have their HP that low. Ah well, stage patterns are hectic enough that it's still a really fun game.

Sakurei

• Banned
  • Frequently repeated unapologetic hostility
    • My Blog
« Reply #155 on: September 04, 2016, 04:08:37 PM »
I happened to have -Absolute- on my laptop. https://www.mediafire.com/?apyox5n65sjwb13

I felt like -Absolute- was a good improvement on the original.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #156 on: September 04, 2016, 07:20:50 PM »
Thanks! I played a little bit of it, it seems really awesome so far. Only issue is that boss fights seem to be over really quick; I'm not sure if I was using an OP shot by accident (MarisaC) or if they just naturally have their HP that low. Ah well, stage patterns are hectic enough that it's still a really fun game.
It's a CAVE-style game; bosses are supposed to be like that.  (With that said, the last two bosses have long lifebars AND are really tough.)

Also MarisaC is amazing and I'm glad you're using it.

« Reply #157 on: September 05, 2016, 12:11:17 AM »
Good to know, and thanks a ton Sakurei! You're awesome  ;)

Haven't had much opportunity to play lately, unfortunately. I blame work.  :(

Looking forward to getting a chance to really sit down with the game, though!

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
« Reply #158 on: September 05, 2016, 02:03:25 AM »
I just tried MSD again.  I had forgotten how addictive it is to play a game that rewards you for playing like a raving lunatic psycho and gives you a shot type that lets you come in like a wrecking ball.

There are some things you may not know already, so I'll point them out now.
*The game has no native BGMs.  If you hear music, that's because you're getting the previous owner's secondhand preferences.  You can find the BGM folder easily enough and figure out how to swap in and properly name things.

*All shot types share the same unfocused bomb, which is a basic screen clear with meh damage.  Focused bombs are unique to the shot type.
*MarisaA is the homing shot type with low firepower.  Her bomb is a long-lasting shield that stays in place and munches bullets.  Note that your own invincibility frames end long before the bomb's effect ends, and that bomb-immune bullets kind of defeat the purpose.
*MarisaB is the standard forward-firing shot type for boring people.  Her focused bomb has a narrow range.
*MarisaC is the best shot type in the history of best shot types.  It does more damage than any other shot type if you can get both your forward shots and your point-blank lightning to latch onto something, but without the lightning her firepower lags behind the standard.  Still, being able to kill things from any direction is really useful during stages.  Her focused bomb is basically Master Spark.
*MarisaD has some weird lock-on thing going on.  I forgot everything about it.

*In the Config menu you can select whether you want full autobombs, half autobombs, or no autobombs.  With no autobombs you get bomb extends pretty frequently, but if you get hit, that's it.  Half autobombs give you two bomb extends at a time at half the original frequency, and if you autobomb it costs two bomb stocks.  Full autobombs use one bomb up every time you get hit, but you get four bomb extends at a quarter of the original frequency.  So, it comes out to about the same number of bombs, but they come at less convenient intervals.  Playing as MarisaC, I strongly recommend the full autobombs.  The wiki disagrees with this, but I swear I remember verifying that bomb extends (with no autobombs) are at every 800 million points.
*With that said, you always want to use a not-an-autobomb if you have the option.  The autobomb is basically a really short, really bad version of MarisA's focused bomb.
*Life extends occur at 1, 3, 6, 10, and 15 billion points (in the original game), and you may get the first four of those by the end of the game.  You may not even get the fourth one unless you're totally styling on the game, although I'm open to being told I'm playing the game the wrong way.

*There are no spell card bonuses - the equivalents of spell cards in this game are named patterns the boss mixes in with regular patterns without fanfare (you can see the names during replays).  You do get a score bonus dependent on time, though.  What I'm saying is that in true CAVE fashion, you can bomb the attacks you hate without a twinge of guilt.

*Instead of point items, this game's enemies drop stars when defeated.  Red stars are worth diddly while green stars are sweet.  The color distribution of the star drops is dependent on how close you are to the enemy when you destroy them, and the maximum is really difficult to get, so get as close as you can.
*You get points very quickly when you point-blank medium-sized enemies or larger.  Enemies do not have hurboxes, though of course they can fire bullets from the center of their bodies.  This applies to bosses as well!
*Most large enemies (the ones with the larger spell circles) will not shoot if you are inside their spell circle.  There are exceptions for some reason (like the ones in Stage 2) and any familiars they have absolutely will keep shooting.

*When you have 1000 charge, press C to use a hyper.  This clears some bullets around you and causes enemies to drop vengebullets.  Press C again to convert the vengebullets into super-sweet silver stars that are worth huge points.  The vengebullets will wink out after a while if you don't clear them, so don't try to string them along for too long.  Note that when your hyper ends, all vengebullets are converted to red stars, so cancel them before that happens.
*Stars and other means of getting points feed into your hyper meter.  This means that you can get into some medium enemies' grills as they enter the screen, mooch some point-blank bonus, and then tap your new hyper to ignore all the bullets they may have just started shooting at you.
*Note that the silver stars from canceling vengebullets also feed into your hyper meter!  If possible you want to cancel enough vengebullets just before your hyper ends that it puts you back at full charge.

*The midboss of Stage 3 is Star Sapphire.  If you destroy all of her familiars before clearing her lifebar (she has two sets; make sure you get all of the first set before they fly away), she will drop a 1up.  You want this 1up.
*The difficulty curve of this game is exponential.  The first two stages are there to let you feel cool, the third stage is more challenging, the fourth stage stops messing around (especially the boss), and the fifth stage is both longer and harder than the rest of the game combined (maybe not literally true but it's close).
« Last Edit: September 05, 2016, 02:08:22 AM by ?q »

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #159 on: September 05, 2016, 02:48:22 AM »
no native bgm's, huh?

time to replace it with classical music
Touhou 1CCS:

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
« Reply #160 on: September 05, 2016, 04:25:04 PM »
MSD is suprisingly addictive indeed, and that's my first time I've ever played a CAVE-style shmup. Thank you folks for sharing!  :)
The hyper mechanic and the extremely fast paced stages had me unconsciously sitting at my laptop for over an hour. The custom BGM fits the stages pretty well I think.

Went from 5 continues to stage 5 to almost an 1cc within an hour. But that
Spoiler:
Alice
though... how on earth do you survive her two last attacks?! They always obliterate me no matter what  :getdown:
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

« Reply #161 on: September 10, 2016, 01:28:39 PM »
So, playing Phantasmagoria Trues to try for a no-bombs Standard Unseen 1CC again, I just lost two runs in a row...

...to fucking DAIYOUSEI.  :fail:

What is this I don't even. I guess the universe is trying to tell me that this isn't the time  :V

(Also, I wanted to post this in the silly mistakes thread for obvious reasons...but it seems to have disappeared since I went on hiatus? Am I allowed to start a new one, or was it zapped for a reason, or did I just not find it...?)

DarkPermafrost

• Wandering Lone Wolf
« Reply #162 on: September 11, 2016, 12:54:29 AM »
Ugh. I need to stop ReimuA-gap-related deaths from happening on my good runs, all the time.

Gapping into bullets, forgetting to stop shooting and being unable to gap before dying, gapping then accidentally gapping back... you name it, it's probably happened to me. Sigh.

Grrr.
---
YouTube

« Reply #163 on: September 11, 2016, 09:49:02 PM »
I love eosd but i hate it so much at the same time. I finally managed to get a decent run going and was ONE BOMB away from 1cc! I just know somehow if i had an extra bomb i wouldv'e 1cc's and the stupid part is that i used it between scarlet shoot and the transition to red magic... ugh im hoping i can get a 1cc soon. heres the replay :  http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=41404

also im wondering if reimu A isnt worth it at this point lol

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #164 on: September 11, 2016, 10:43:24 PM »
I tried to do a scoring route in SSS and it blew up in my face.

I got less points than i did normally playing  :V
Touhou 1CCS:

« Reply #165 on: September 12, 2016, 02:20:42 AM »
Great make that 3 runs dead to red magic. the second run i got to a inch left of remilia's health bar. time to switch back to marisa b i guess. Reimu A is great for stages... actually more like stage 4. But she cant bombskip and whats worse is that bosses drag on forever.

Karisa

• Extend!
  • High scores are meant to be broken.
« Reply #166 on: September 12, 2016, 10:33:46 PM »
(Also, I wanted to post this in the silly mistakes thread for obvious reasons...but it seems to have disappeared since I went on hiatus? Am I allowed to start a new one, or was it zapped for a reason, or did I just not find it...?)
Seems to have died out-- last post was over a year ago. Feel free to start a new one if you prefer.

Edit: Now that I think about it, the lucky dodges thread also died out, around 5 months ago.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:46:33 PM by Karisa »

« Reply #167 on: September 15, 2016, 01:55:58 PM »
...God damn it.

Touhou doesn't work on my computer anymore.

The games are stuttering, slowing down out of nowhere, ghosting, not reading commands...nothing consistently works. And I'm not even playing the more recent games. 60 FPS Mountain of Faith should not be lagging when there are no bullets on the screen, ffs. Wasn't even long ago that I was playing 90 FPS games without issues.

I need a new computer. Like, yesterday.

« Reply #168 on: September 17, 2016, 11:31:22 PM »
In LOLK, I was getting close to 400M and I beat the stage. Then I paused to get Bandicam to record it and then the game crashed instantly wiping out my progress.

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #169 on: September 20, 2016, 01:21:39 AM »
[attachimg=1]

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

I'm crying myself to sleep.
Retired Touhou player. Not involved with anything Touhou anymore.

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #170 on: September 20, 2016, 02:11:51 AM »
when you haven't played touhou for a while and you keep getting wriggle-kicked by fairies

:colonveeplusalpha:
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #171 on: September 22, 2016, 06:30:15 AM »
[attachimg=1]

There are really difficult levels in Touhou games, and then there's THIS.
Never, ever have I felt so frustrated over a single level in any Touhou game. This is just completely unfair in all ways imaginable. I don't see how this is possible without some miraculously good luck.

« Reply #172 on: September 22, 2016, 05:18:08 PM »
It is insanely hard, which is why I think it is a good practice tool. Maybe try pacifying to practice your dodging, and eventually you might learn to clear it more easily.

Here's my best pacifist attempt http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=41544

Chill Observer

• Aimless fanatic
  • haHAA
« Reply #173 on: September 22, 2016, 07:10:35 PM »
It is insanely hard, which is why I think it is a good practice tool. Maybe try pacifying to practice your dodging, and eventually you might learn to clear it more easily.

Here's my best pacifist attempt http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=41544
Pacifying it sounds even worse than doing it normally... and, after finally clearing it today, I'm not touching this again until I unlock Hatate.

[attachimg=1]

Lollipop

• stay woke
« Reply #174 on: September 24, 2016, 02:23:29 AM »
I can't 1cc MoF Hard to save my life aaa

EDIT: Entered Kanako with 6 lives, died to VoWG rip
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 04:40:16 AM by Lollipop »
Touhou 1CCS:

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
« Reply #175 on: September 24, 2016, 11:35:58 AM »
tried for a no focus run of Len'en EMS Unreal with Tsubakura (aka the super fast mover) and had the perfect run of all perfect runs and ended up with a whopping 3 extra lives going into the final card.

game overed with (---) < that much health left

Red770

• Instigator
  • Hey mang, Take it easy on the take it easy
    • Soundcloud
« Reply #176 on: September 25, 2016, 03:42:48 AM »
I just came here to say: GOD FUCKING DAMN IT! You best better un-fuck yourself Patchy or I'll find some way to flood your library, or better yet set it on fire.

I mean seriously she just sapped me of all of what I had...
I'm going back to something else... where I can actually play on hard difficulty
double kill, triple kill, overkill, killtacular, killtrocity, killimanjaro, killtastrophe, killpocalypse, killionaire

« Reply #177 on: September 26, 2016, 12:00:28 AM »
>try SA LNB again
>NMNB until Yuugi
>die 4 times to her
I also apparently forgot how to do her second non when you're not scoring

Things I've done (and maybe will improve):
SA L6MNB | SA Lunatic 3b Scorerun | MoF LNB | PCB LNB |DDC LNB

Mino ☆

• PCB player.
  • Touhou Hobbyist
« Reply #178 on: September 26, 2016, 09:23:12 PM »

Gettin' Kags'd!  BV

Run ended in a 1-mistake. Buddhist diamond, obviously, being the mistake.

LunarWingCloud

• Private Square
  • ♪ Present World Overhaul ♪
« Reply #179 on: September 30, 2016, 08:16:44 AM »
I know the OP said I'm to convince you I didn't just die to something dumb, but I will flat out say I died to something dumb.

I was ONE SPELL AWAY from my first No Miss Normal run of TD, and I derped it out on Laser of Seventeen Articles. I went into Trance after I felt myself slip too far away from under Miko, came out of it, she still had some health left, and I was hoping to finish her off right there and move on to her final and seal the deal (her final isn't bad at all honestly, and I had 4 bombs left, had I got there there was no way I would've lost), and I slid myself into an amulet in the last 2 seconds before I finished the attack. I'm salty as shit.

I'll get it next time, but I'm upset mostly because the Seiga fight was so damn CLEAN. I slid between all those stupid curving lasers like I eat them for breakfast, and I was so impressed with it (even though I bombed one time on a noncard because I was doing stupid stuff), and the Futo fight I will admit was a bit sloppy but the stage portion was pretty nice too, and to be SO DAMN CLOSE to getting it, only to die on her silliest attack, I'm still salty as shit. :V
I play Touhou on Twitch and YouTube. I'm not that good, but I'm informative when I can be. Follow me.