Author Topic: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran  (Read 151100 times)

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
Re: Touhou Accomplishments X - Scoran Like A Moran
« Reply #930 on: February 13, 2011, 05:45:40 PM »
Also, I found a safespot.  :V
Oh shit what.

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #931 on: February 13, 2011, 06:38:48 PM »
You know, so far I've noticed that Gengetsu and now Stage 5 Yuka have no hitbox. I wonder if this is a trend throughout the game and that none of the bosses have a hitbox.

...and how many attacks you can safespot by sitting on top of the boss.  :V

EDIT:

Just did a NDNB Timeout of Gengetu Rape Time.

Spoiler:
At 15 FPS
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 10:10:00 PM by Jaimers »

« Reply #932 on: February 13, 2011, 11:42:04 PM »
EDIT:

Spoiler:
At 15 FPS
I sure hope you recorded that!  Also, I'd love to see you capture VoWG... While shotgunning Kanako.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #933 on: February 14, 2011, 12:11:10 AM »
You know, so far I've noticed that Gengetsu and now Stage 5 Yuka have no hitbox. I wonder if this is a trend throughout the game and that none of the bosses have a hitbox.

...and how many attacks you can safespot by sitting on top of the boss.  :V

Well, stage 5 Yuka doesn't damage you via collision because she's too tired to fight back, and Gengetsu is more flattered than angry that you get so close to her. ;) I do think that's worth testing though.

EDIT:

Spoiler:
At 15 FPS

What chirpy said. You recorded it, right? And you're going to speed it up to 60 FPS to make it look like you did it at full speed, right?

RIGHT? +_+
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Jaimers

« Reply #934 on: February 14, 2011, 12:29:54 AM »
Yeah I did record it. I have no idea what to do with it though.  :V

Also, while I'm at it, I might as well include captures of all the other timeout phases as well.

Also, I'd love to see you capture VoWG... While shotgunning Kanako.

Too many walls though.  :(

Jaimers

« Reply #935 on: February 14, 2011, 06:58:23 PM »

Paper Conan

• Productivity, all day 'erry day
  • NOPE, just kidding~
« Reply #936 on: February 15, 2011, 02:19:58 AM »
Gengetu Rape Tiem

How the FUCK does one do that.... even at 15 fps?!??!

Zengar Zombolt

• Space-Time Tuning Circle - Wd/Fr
  • Green-Red Divine Clock
« Reply #937 on: February 15, 2011, 03:44:30 AM »
Gengetu Rape Tiem

JUST HOW HIGH DO YOU EVEN HAVE TO BE JUST TO DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT

nintendonut888

« Reply #938 on: February 15, 2011, 06:57:49 PM »
Gaaaah. Two 1DNB runs of Kanako in two days. First time I got hit on the last dodge needed to capture Source of Rains, this time just now I failed VoWG. :( I really, REALLY don't want to go through the pain of actively trying to perfect this stage. :<

That is totally the reasoning behind this:

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12316

\o/
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #939 on: February 16, 2011, 02:05:37 AM »
So before today I was 13/16 and 12/13 on Satori (Nitori)'s first and last card on Normal, while being 0/16 and 1/14 on her 2nd and 3rd.

One run later I'm 13/17 and 12/14 on the first and last, and 1/17 and 2/15 on the 2nd and 3rd?

lolwat

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #940 on: February 16, 2011, 11:59:11 AM »
So, I tried out this week's special challenge to chill out from having written 10000 words in 3 days.
And I somehow 1cc'd IN easy with Youmu solo, no focus.
This was my first time playing IN easy, mind you.
So my first 1cc in IN and also my first no focus 1cc.

http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12332

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #941 on: February 16, 2011, 07:36:40 PM »
Suwapyon Extra 1cc.  Turns out that grazing actually is very important. :derp:

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

« Reply #942 on: February 16, 2011, 09:12:57 PM »
I guess this isn't really me, but when I was fighting Sakuya on Normal during her last spellcard, there was a knife coming right towards me that I didn't see. When she stopped time again I saw it and realised I probably wouldn't have any time to dodge it, although during the stop-time phase she turned it so it pointed away from me. XD I found that pretty funny.

On to actual accomplishments, I recently beat up to Sakuya in Hard. To some people that sounds like a major fail, but I was really surprised and happy.

« Reply #943 on: February 16, 2011, 09:42:19 PM »
On to actual accomplishments, I recently beat up to Sakuya in Hard. To some people that sounds like a major fail, but I was really surprised and happy.

A major fail? You are almost there. Go for the Hard 1cc!

Byaaakuren

• Youkai Jesus, Queen of the Monks
    • Animu List
« Reply #944 on: February 16, 2011, 09:45:09 PM »
I guess this isn't really me, but when I was fighting Sakuya on Normal during her last spellcard, there was a knife coming right towards me that I didn't see. When she stopped time again I saw it and realised I probably wouldn't have any time to dodge it, although during the stop-time phase she turned it so it pointed away from me. XD I found that pretty funny.

Not a major fail. I wish I can reach Sakuya on Hard, but Patchy keeps getting in my way.

I thank my friend for the sig <3
My noob replays :V
Tumblr (I post NSFW stuff there)

MTSranger

• =.=
« Reply #945 on: February 17, 2011, 03:22:41 AM »
IN lunatic 1cc! (border team, default lives)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12349

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #946 on: February 17, 2011, 07:12:42 AM »
IN Extra cleared with something that isn't (part of) the border team. Netherworld team, to be specific.

Captured only 4 cards because I derped on a lot of things (I managed to fail Fire Bird Flying Phoenix so badly, it's not even funny). Did manage to cap Hourai Doll though - so much easier than trying to do this with border team.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #947 on: February 17, 2011, 07:59:04 AM »
Because Netherworld Team doesn't suck (jk)

To be honest, I haven't used the Border Team in so long, so I bet it'd take some transition to get used to again.

« Reply #948 on: February 17, 2011, 11:29:01 AM »
IN lunatic 1cc! (border team, default lives)
http://replays.gensokyou.org/download.php?id=12349

Your first? I watched it and i'm quite impressed by some parts. You can of course still do with some work but it wasn't bad. You missed a lot of PoC opportunities on Stage 6 which caused a considerable loss of score. Also, you tend to stay focused after an attack ends. That means you go to 100% Youkai and your points won't be worth as much when you pick them up. Remember to go unfocused to go 100% human and get more points.

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
  • If you're alive, you can always keep moving.
« Reply #949 on: February 17, 2011, 08:01:56 PM »
Fought Satori for the first time in a while. Died on DBDB and FIN as expected, but I approached BoWaP the same way I normally do in survival runs (something I hadn't done in an even longer time) and captured it exactly as I was supposed to. How I love being able to trust my memory. :V
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #950 on: February 17, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
Fought Satori for the first time in a while. Died on DBDB and FIN as expected, but I approached BoWaP

Those aren't Alice spellcards >:I

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #951 on: February 17, 2011, 08:18:44 PM »
Those aren't Alice spellcards >:I
Didn't I mention somewhere I'm not bothering with this week's SA challenge?
"Science is more than a body of knowledge. It's a way of thinking." - Carl Sagan

NEW AND IMPROVED YOUTUBE, now with 60 fps Touhou videos! Latest video update: WBaWC Lunatic/Extra no-miss no-bomb no-Roars no-Spirit-Strikes compilation.

« Reply #952 on: February 17, 2011, 08:31:00 PM »
Didn't I mention somewhere I'm not bothering with this week's SA challenge?

Only heaven knows why, you'd be a top contender >:I

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #953 on: February 17, 2011, 08:37:14 PM »
Only heaven knows why, you'd be a top contender >:I
Not with MarisaA's hitbox and bomb I'm not. :V

« Reply #954 on: February 17, 2011, 08:50:16 PM »
We all have the same "handicap" broski, that's kinda the point of it being a challenge :ohdear:

Point stands you're still one of the best SA players here, so you should play it anyway.

Also wtf is with people complaining about Marisa's hitbox in SA, it's pretty much negligibly larger. There's a much bigger difference between Reimu and Sanae's in UFO, and that's practically ignorable half the time, even on micrododging attacks. And Marisa's in that is even larger still. I actually don't even notice the difference between Reimu and Marisa in SA (even their graze box is almost identical). Perhaps people should be less keen to go inside bullets and skirt the hitbox boundries? Not even Satori's non-cards force you to do anything horribly unsafe.

Also 8 bombs

And they recover faster

Use them to save your ass instead of cheesing through spellcards, pansies >:I

</rant>

RegalStar

• Envoy of Balance
« Reply #955 on: February 17, 2011, 09:37:46 PM »
SA Malice's doll laser always wears off earlier than what I expected, for some reason.

Also, PCB Hard MarisaA 1cc. Somehow managed to get like 906m score, which isn't bad I guess considering that I wasn't really deliberately scorerunning. Managed to get a border right after collecting the items from mid-boss Youmu  :D (I think that's like 100k CherryMax right there)

nintendonut888

« Reply #956 on: February 17, 2011, 09:41:13 PM »
Huh. I just watched Phar's perfect Remilia fight out of boredom, and I noticed something from what he did on Scarlet Meister. After testing it, I feel safe in saying I have now learned the best way to deal with this beast of a spell card. Of course, that doesn't mean I captured it or anything. Let's not go nuts. :P

8lue Wizard

• Cobalt Magician
  • (Apparently)
« Reply #957 on: February 17, 2011, 10:36:02 PM »
Use them to get massive graze instead of cheesing through spellcards, pansies >:I

fix'd

ふねん1

• Scientific editor
« Reply #958 on: February 17, 2011, 11:02:51 PM »
Admittedly I should be using MarisaA's bombs more than I am. Fiiiine, I'll give it another shot. Don't know how far I'll take it, 'cause I still find ReimuA more fun to use.

« Reply #959 on: February 18, 2011, 02:46:07 AM »
Gave SA Hard a random try, made it to Orin's midboss spell.  Not terrible I guess considering I failed on stage 4 last time I tried (about a month ago?).  SA is still hard though =p.